Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | How are dragons measured in lore?
How exactly are dragons measured lore wise? We know the length as the game tells us on our dragon's profile page, but i want to know how [i]exactly[/i] are they measured? Is it from snoot to vent like how we measure most reptiles or is it from snoot to tail tip? It does make a huge difference how they're measured as I hope the chart below will show. I'll use spirals as an example as they have really long tails. The chart is specifically of my spiral, she's about 3.6 meters in length. As you can see, she would be considerably smaller if she were to me measured from snoot to tail tip as opposed to if we're measuring from snoot to where the body ends. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/825840661949317120/944483075184799774/Size_length.png[/img] I ask here because I don't want an opinion, I want the facts.
How exactly are dragons measured lore wise? We know the length as the game tells us on our dragon's profile page, but i want to know how exactly are they measured?
Is it from snoot to vent like how we measure most reptiles or is it from snoot to tail tip?

It does make a huge difference how they're measured as I hope the chart below will show. I'll use spirals as an example as they have really long tails.
The chart is specifically of my spiral, she's about 3.6 meters in length.
As you can see, she would be considerably smaller if she were to me measured from snoot to tail tip as opposed to if we're measuring from snoot to where the body ends.

Size_length.png

I ask here because I don't want an opinion, I want the facts.
@KishiWolf They are measured [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/43#post_11952579]from nose to tail tip![/url] [quote name=Aequorin] [quote] I have a burning desire to know; How are dragons measured? Especially length. Are they, for instance, measured from nose to the base of the tail like many animals, or is it from nose to tail tip? Would you catch hatchlings complaining to their mothers because "Tommy has a longer tail than me!" That would be cute. Done rambling now. [/quote] [color=darkred]They are measured from nose to tail in terms of length. This is part of why spiral and imperial dragons are so long, but do not weigh as much as some of their "shorter" counterparts.[/color] [/quote]
@KishiWolf They are measured from nose to tail tip!
Aequorin wrote:
Quote:
I have a burning desire to know; How are dragons measured? Especially length. Are they, for instance, measured from nose to the base of the tail like many animals, or is it from nose to tail tip?

Would you catch hatchlings complaining to their mothers because "Tommy has a longer tail than me!" That would be cute. Done rambling now.

They are measured from nose to tail in terms of length. This is part of why spiral and imperial dragons are so long, but do not weigh as much as some of their "shorter" counterparts.
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
@Jhortanas Okay. Thank you so much for the clear answer!
@Jhortanas Okay. Thank you so much for the clear answer!