Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Dom Opt Out System
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
You decide to opt out of dom. You click through at least 3 buttons confirming that you want to opt out of dom, and you understand that none of your dragons will count towards dom. The messages explain how this all works.

Your dragons get a marker, like the hibden cooldown marker. Any dragon with this marker will not count towards dom. Any dragon that rests in your lair also gets this marker, even if it's only for 5 minutes. (To prevent people from hoarding/funneling.)

You can still:
  • Exalt (and get money from it)
  • Sell
  • Trade
  • Etc.

It just doesn't count towards dom.

The Auction House and Crossroads will have a big marker on these dragons, so you shouldn't accidentally buy them. It can also be filtered for.

You can opt back into dom later. However, the dragons in your lair will still have the cooldown marker.

Question: Permanent marker, or does it go away after a certain amount of time? I can think of arguments for both.
You decide to opt out of dom. You click through at least 3 buttons confirming that you want to opt out of dom, and you understand that none of your dragons will count towards dom. The messages explain how this all works.

Your dragons get a marker, like the hibden cooldown marker. Any dragon with this marker will not count towards dom. Any dragon that rests in your lair also gets this marker, even if it's only for 5 minutes. (To prevent people from hoarding/funneling.)

You can still:
  • Exalt (and get money from it)
  • Sell
  • Trade
  • Etc.

It just doesn't count towards dom.

The Auction House and Crossroads will have a big marker on these dragons, so you shouldn't accidentally buy them. It can also be filtered for.

You can opt back into dom later. However, the dragons in your lair will still have the cooldown marker.

Question: Permanent marker, or does it go away after a certain amount of time? I can think of arguments for both.
QFMsHc3.png
If I'm the OP, you don't need to ping.
I melt food and will trade for mats/other, color for color!
PRICTGJ.png
sh5xjiu.png
AaYNmEX.png
...why?
...why?
@elfin

Lots of people are uninterested in dom. Rather than drag others down and penalize flights with greater numbers/small dom teams, we could let them opt out.
@elfin

Lots of people are uninterested in dom. Rather than drag others down and penalize flights with greater numbers/small dom teams, we could let them opt out.
QFMsHc3.png
PRICTGJ.png
sh5xjiu.png
AaYNmEX.png
Could you elaborate as to what use this would have? Cause... no one has to participate in dom pushes. Unless you participate you're already opted out pretty much, so the only thing I see this doing is removing a person's ability to get the benefits from their flight being in the top dom spot?
Could you elaborate as to what use this would have? Cause... no one has to participate in dom pushes. Unless you participate you're already opted out pretty much, so the only thing I see this doing is removing a person's ability to get the benefits from their flight being in the top dom spot?
potato.png
[quote name="StarfallPrincess" date="2022-02-15 08:12:49" ] @elfin Lots of people are uninterested in dom. Rather than drag others down and penalize flights with greater numbers/small dom teams, we could let them opt out. [/quote] How would this prevent you from 'dragging others down'? Dom is based on active accounts. An account with this flag would still be considered an active account. So it would still be counted.
StarfallPrincess wrote on 2022-02-15 08:12:49:
@elfin

How would this prevent you from 'dragging others down'? Dom is based on active accounts. An account with this flag would still be considered an active account. So it would still be counted.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
No support. This suggestion has come up before but there are some pretty easy ways it can be gamed to cheat the system.

People could amass and send dragons to designated exalting lairs, and then opt themselves out to affect the results, for example.
No support. This suggestion has come up before but there are some pretty easy ways it can be gamed to cheat the system.

People could amass and send dragons to designated exalting lairs, and then opt themselves out to affect the results, for example.
we_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.giftumblr_mobg0cyIZE1sula9po1_400.gifwe_rode_on_the_winds_of_the_rising_storm_by_c_yang-d68stu4.gif
wheeeeee
[quote name="StarfallPrincess" date="2022-02-15 08:12:49" ] Lots of people are uninterested in dom. Rather than drag others down and penalize flights with greater numbers/small dom teams, we could let them opt out. [/quote] Ok, well. Zero support for any sort of restriction on sold dragons. Once a dragon leaves your lair you don't get to decide if you want it to be used for Dom or not. You also would have to opt out of [i]all[/i] Dom benefits like lair discounts and MP discounts. If you're not participating, you shouldn't get rewards from it. Honestly, don't think this is beneficial to the site in any way, and it seems like it would probably abused by pressuring people to opt out to make Dom easier for organized teams. edit:typo

Ok, well.

Zero support for any sort of restriction on sold dragons. Once a dragon leaves your lair you don't get to decide if you want it to be used for Dom or not.

You also would have to opt out of all Dom benefits like lair discounts and MP discounts. If you're not participating, you shouldn't get rewards from it.

Honestly, don't think this is beneficial to the site in any way, and it seems like it would probably abused by pressuring people to opt out to make Dom easier for organized teams.

edit:typo
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-02-15 08:22:11" ] [quote name="StarfallPrincess" date="2022-02-15 08:12:49" ] @elfin Lots of people are uninterested in dom. Rather than drag others down and penalize flights with greater numbers/small dom teams, we could let them opt out. [/quote] How would this prevent you from 'dragging others down'? Dom is based on active accounts. An account with this flag would still be considered an active account. So it would still be counted. [/quote] I should have said that the no dom account wouldn't be counted. I apologize for not being explicit. @Sallin Your signature has a gif that triggers my eyes. Please change it. Flashing, computer glitching, lightning effects, and other effects can seriously hurt people. It's fine for a thing no one has to see, but please don't use it as a signature. [quote] People could amass and send dragons to designated exalting lairs, and then opt themselves out to affect the results, for example. [/quote] This is a good critique. What about a wait time before you're removed from dom counts? Say we opt out on January 1st. We get the no dom marker. Our account still counts towards dom for # months. I think that would solve it pretty nicely. I mean, there's always a possibility that people will see a cooldown for 6 months and plan things 7 months in advance, but I think the amount of people that would wait that long is pretty small. [quote] Zero support for any sort of restriction on sold dragons. Once a dragon leaves your lair you don't get to decide if you want it to be used for Dom or not.[/quote] Because they'd see the marker before purchasing, I see it the same as the hibden cooldown. It's more of a buyer beware than a "do this with my dragons!!!!" And it can still be exalted. [quote] You also would have to opt out of all Dom benefits like lair discounts and MP discounts. If you're not participating, you should get rewards from it.[/quote] This is definitely worthy of debate. What if you still get the rewards for festivals, but not for anything else? [quote] Honestly, don't think this is beneficial to the site in any way, and it seems like it would probably abused by pressuring people to opt out to make Dom easier for organized teams. [/quote] We already have abuse policies and a great moderation team. This would just root out the jerks.
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-02-15 08:22:11:
@elfin

How would this prevent you from 'dragging others down'? Dom is based on active accounts. An account with this flag would still be considered an active account. So it would still be counted.
I should have said that the no dom account wouldn't be counted. I apologize for not being explicit.

@Sallin
Your signature has a gif that triggers my eyes. Please change it. Flashing, computer glitching, lightning effects, and other effects can seriously hurt people. It's fine for a thing no one has to see, but please don't use it as a signature.
Quote:
This is a good critique. What about a wait time before you're removed from dom counts? Say we opt out on January 1st. We get the no dom marker. Our account still counts towards dom for # months. I think that would solve it pretty nicely. I mean, there's always a possibility that people will see a cooldown for 6 months and plan things 7 months in advance, but I think the amount of people that would wait that long is pretty small.
Quote:
Zero support for any sort of restriction on sold dragons. Once a dragon leaves your lair you don't get to decide if you want it to be used for Dom or not.
Because they'd see the marker before purchasing, I see it the same as the hibden cooldown. It's more of a buyer beware than a "do this with my dragons!!!!" And it can still be exalted.
Quote:
You also would have to opt out of all Dom benefits like lair discounts and MP discounts. If you're not participating, you should get rewards from it.
This is definitely worthy of debate. What if you still get the rewards for festivals, but not for anything else?
Quote:
Honestly, don't think this is beneficial to the site in any way, and it seems like it would probably abused by pressuring people to opt out to make Dom easier for organized teams.
We already have abuse policies and a great moderation team. This would just root out the jerks.
QFMsHc3.png
PRICTGJ.png
sh5xjiu.png
AaYNmEX.png
Yo, stop pinging me. I'm not interested in debating this. I've replied with my thoughts and I'm done.
Yo, stop pinging me. I'm not interested in debating this. I've replied with my thoughts and I'm done.
No support as it is still possible to convince players to opt out of dom even without pressuring them such as rewarding opting out which is far easier for flights to get dom more. Plus the marketplace discount can easily be given to people who opt out similar to how we already have dom shops.

This would be easier for smaller flights as they would have more people who may be into dom enough to do this willingly.

Also please do not ping me trying to change my mind about my opinion on this, I am not going to change my mind on this.
No support as it is still possible to convince players to opt out of dom even without pressuring them such as rewarding opting out which is far easier for flights to get dom more. Plus the marketplace discount can easily be given to people who opt out similar to how we already have dom shops.

This would be easier for smaller flights as they would have more people who may be into dom enough to do this willingly.

Also please do not ping me trying to change my mind about my opinion on this, I am not going to change my mind on this.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10