Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Thundercrack Carnivale Discussion
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44 45
@Squiddling Thank you!
@Squiddling Thank you!
Unicorns - They're magically delicious! Mind the horn.

You call them unicorn horns. I call them chew toys for teething hatchlings.
OKAY! So. I've been on the site since July of last year, shortly after it went live from the Kickstarter and my first real festival was this one and I remember the skins from last year and I remember liking quite a few of them.. but now. Now we can do accents and there is a bit more that people can do with full skins and I am SO impressed with some of the designs for the accents and the full skins.

Oh my goodness, it's so awesome. As it was, my favs for the Jubilee were the accents, pretty much. The female Ridge, the female Imperial, the female Skydancer. Oh man, they are all awesome! Especially the Ridge. My female Ridgie, Nyx, looks GORGEOUS with her accent and if a few of the accents I'm eyeing in this festival's contest win, I am gonna be all over those. MUST HAVE.

First Accent: @Jayfrost ... I'd totally call it 'I'm the boss, now!', but I really love this one. Such a cute idea!

First Full Skin: @Toriguel .... Wow. I love me some greens and blues in designs and this is just hnnnnnnnnnnnngggh. So lovely. It really suits the theme for the festival and the female Ridge!

Second Accent: @Eren ... So simple, but again, blue, I love it. Plus. Glowy. GLOWY. And I love the artists that are making skins/accents with really intricate scale work. You put a lot of work into your ideas and you're all amazing, even if you don't win. I just wish I had the gems to buy the plans for those who don't win to make me one XD

Second Full Skin: @Chronicarus ... Need I say more about blue? Plus, the subtle glow effects are stunning on the male Imperial. Sort of like a bioluminescent critter.

and @hootlord ... You make me want a male Snapper again.
OKAY! So. I've been on the site since July of last year, shortly after it went live from the Kickstarter and my first real festival was this one and I remember the skins from last year and I remember liking quite a few of them.. but now. Now we can do accents and there is a bit more that people can do with full skins and I am SO impressed with some of the designs for the accents and the full skins.

Oh my goodness, it's so awesome. As it was, my favs for the Jubilee were the accents, pretty much. The female Ridge, the female Imperial, the female Skydancer. Oh man, they are all awesome! Especially the Ridge. My female Ridgie, Nyx, looks GORGEOUS with her accent and if a few of the accents I'm eyeing in this festival's contest win, I am gonna be all over those. MUST HAVE.

First Accent: @Jayfrost ... I'd totally call it 'I'm the boss, now!', but I really love this one. Such a cute idea!

First Full Skin: @Toriguel .... Wow. I love me some greens and blues in designs and this is just hnnnnnnnnnnnngggh. So lovely. It really suits the theme for the festival and the female Ridge!

Second Accent: @Eren ... So simple, but again, blue, I love it. Plus. Glowy. GLOWY. And I love the artists that are making skins/accents with really intricate scale work. You put a lot of work into your ideas and you're all amazing, even if you don't win. I just wish I had the gems to buy the plans for those who don't win to make me one XD

Second Full Skin: @Chronicarus ... Need I say more about blue? Plus, the subtle glow effects are stunning on the male Imperial. Sort of like a bioluminescent critter.

and @hootlord ... You make me want a male Snapper again.
thanks @Squiddling !! i couldnt decide which i liked so i just threw both up :P
thanks @Squiddling !! i couldnt decide which i liked so i just threw both up :P
34o3odt.jpg
Was up all night making mine hehe. Figured a break from the blues would be good. (:
Was up all night making mine hehe. Figured a break from the blues would be good. (:
@Halista Thank you! I don't know how well it will do given it kind of is looks like an apparel item than a skin, but if it doesn't go through I'll look into making some copies to sell c:
@Halista Thank you! I don't know how well it will do given it kind of is looks like an apparel item than a skin, but if it doesn't go through I'll look into making some copies to sell c:
@katra

I'm afraid your entry doesn't qualify :( From the official rules: "Skins must maintain an intact shadow and line art layer that are darker than the colors they sit on top of." (My emphasis). I've loved the lighter-line-art entries that people have come up with in past competitions, but none of them can be used on FR.

In other news, I need all the Plasmacatchers. All of them.
@katra

I'm afraid your entry doesn't qualify :( From the official rules: "Skins must maintain an intact shadow and line art layer that are darker than the colors they sit on top of." (My emphasis). I've loved the lighter-line-art entries that people have come up with in past competitions, but none of them can be used on FR.

In other news, I need all the Plasmacatchers. All of them.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
@CONQUERORWORM
Oh my god I need your hologram accent so badly it looks so nice. :D
@CONQUERORWORM
Oh my god I need your hologram accent so badly it looks so nice. :D
m5kNycY.pngFMdbyfP.pnge3svukl.pngLSkUnqX.png
it's ok if we post WIPs, right? [img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/43c7270890407b000447f4f5152b0a5d/tumblr_n8cds9AgaG1ruqcodo1_1280.png[/img] there's something about this i'm just not satisfied with and i don't know what it is :/ i added the wing struts because i felt like i needed more stuff, but honestly i'm beginning to think i want to take them off again and just add more on the spine. maybe more lightning?? arghh. i think i'll come back to it later. if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime, it would be greatly appreciated!
it's ok if we post WIPs, right?
tumblr_n8cds9AgaG1ruqcodo1_1280.png
there's something about this i'm just not satisfied with and i don't know what it is :/ i added the wing struts because i felt like i needed more stuff, but honestly i'm beginning to think i want to take them off again and just add more on the spine. maybe more lightning?? arghh.
i think i'll come back to it later. if anyone has any suggestions in the meantime, it would be greatly appreciated!
XfL644W.png
WhPZGJa.png
@corvidus I think it looks good, maybe add a bit more coverage on the top of the back wing? I'd recommend previewing it at 350 x 350 pixels before you go any further, I'm worried that some of those little details might get lost when it's resized.
@corvidus I think it looks good, maybe add a bit more coverage on the top of the back wing? I'd recommend previewing it at 350 x 350 pixels before you go any further, I'm worried that some of those little details might get lost when it's resized.
I wish there could be good accents for ridgeback males.. I need !
wish I had photoshop so could try to make some..
I wish there could be good accents for ridgeback males.. I need !
wish I had photoshop so could try to make some..
rau___by_psyko_pupu-d7qdnlh.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 44 45