Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gen2s
I put my progens on the nest, mostly for fodder, every now and then and sometimes they pop out some nice combos. Alot are odd bright colors I can't do anything with but I've gotten one or 2 xxy's or xyx over time or some that just look nice together. I don't need more projects but I'm always tempted lol. I know their not as popular as gen 1s but aside from hatching to see if you get a cool color combo I personally don't care about the generational status.
I put my progens on the nest, mostly for fodder, every now and then and sometimes they pop out some nice combos. Alot are odd bright colors I can't do anything with but I've gotten one or 2 xxy's or xyx over time or some that just look nice together. I don't need more projects but I'm always tempted lol. I know their not as popular as gen 1s but aside from hatching to see if you get a cool color combo I personally don't care about the generational status.
Check out my alphabet challenge
DX3f5.gifu6fMF.gifPE5Uc.gif
I hear some people do put value on G2s from progens!
I hear some people do put value on G2s from progens!
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
Yeah, as you say, most people doesn't actually care about the generation a dragon is when they like it and feel like turning it into a project, thus trying to make G1 pairs to sell g2 hatchlings isn't an actual market. I can count with the fingers of a single hand the amount of players that purposely look for neat progen offspring to collect, so that isn't an actual market either.

But yeah! When it comes to turn a dragon into a project, the only thing that matters is that the player that is doing so likes it and feels happy about dedicating themselves to their own project!

I've kept a few of my progen's kiddos for lore and the enjoyement of the challenge that gene projects bring to me, and I value them as much as any G1 I've kept as permas. I've even paired them to other g2s, also born from players progens, also gened from scratch.

The funniest thing is that all of those progen g1s and g2s were and keep on breeding for fodder, which is part of how I can also reverse-logic and value all 3ple gened G1 as fodder too x'D

In the end the only real value is how much someone likes a dragon and how much effort wants to put into spoiling it. Just have fun! C:
Yeah, as you say, most people doesn't actually care about the generation a dragon is when they like it and feel like turning it into a project, thus trying to make G1 pairs to sell g2 hatchlings isn't an actual market. I can count with the fingers of a single hand the amount of players that purposely look for neat progen offspring to collect, so that isn't an actual market either.

But yeah! When it comes to turn a dragon into a project, the only thing that matters is that the player that is doing so likes it and feels happy about dedicating themselves to their own project!

I've kept a few of my progen's kiddos for lore and the enjoyement of the challenge that gene projects bring to me, and I value them as much as any G1 I've kept as permas. I've even paired them to other g2s, also born from players progens, also gened from scratch.

The funniest thing is that all of those progen g1s and g2s were and keep on breeding for fodder, which is part of how I can also reverse-logic and value all 3ple gened G1 as fodder too x'D

In the end the only real value is how much someone likes a dragon and how much effort wants to put into spoiling it. Just have fun! C:
lU1KFhR.gif
Kydo
He/Him
FR+4
256-large.png
Do what comes natural~

cauldrontext.png

One of my absolute favorite dragons was a triple basic progen kid. I gened him up and he’s 1/2 dragons on the site ever with his colors, and I own both. If the colors on a progen kid are nice I find them very worthwhile gene projects.
One of my absolute favorite dragons was a triple basic progen kid. I gened him up and he’s 1/2 dragons on the site ever with his colors, and I own both. If the colors on a progen kid are nice I find them very worthwhile gene projects.
[quote name="Kydoimos" date="2022-02-02 09:53:58" ] In the end the only real value is how much someone likes a dragon and how much effort wants to put into spoiling it. Just have fun! C: [/quote] Wiser words have never been spoken.
Kydoimos wrote on 2022-02-02 09:53:58:

Wiser words have never been spoken.