Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | A Regal Bearing
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 75 76
I love it!
I love it!
mlHpBMC.png
dT9HQge.png
WQA384m.png
BzjAkuF.png
oouioVf.png
NQvcoP6.png
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-01-19 04:52:44" ] that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all [/quote] This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule? IMO either the gene should be corrected or UMAs should be allowed to use black.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-01-19 04:52:44:
that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all

This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule?

IMO either the gene should be corrected or UMAs should be allowed to use black.
WOOOOOOOOOO
WOOOOOOOOOO
ani_bw_646-white__2.gif
OMG THESE LOOK amazing
OMG THESE LOOK amazing
50316481p.png
FR +9 G1 collector Wishlist AvatarAdoptables
[quote name="GunMute" date="2022-01-19 05:56:36" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-01-19 04:52:44" ] that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all [/quote] This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule? IMO either the gene should be corrected or UMAs should be allowed to use black. [/quote] By this logic, UMAs on Ancients should be able to ignore the lineart altogether since there are line breaking genes. As Undel said, Accents/Skins are not genes. We finally get a gene for Moderns that bends the rules and people have to make a fuss. It better not be 'corrected'. The only appeal for me that makes it worth being a gem gene is that it is such a dark black. And honestly I don't know what display setting that folks are using on their computers, but the lineart isn't 'totally obscured'.
GunMute wrote on 2022-01-19 05:56:36:
that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all

This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule?

By this logic, UMAs on Ancients should be able to ignore the lineart altogether since there are line breaking genes. As Undel said, Accents/Skins are not genes. We finally get a gene for Moderns that bends the rules and people have to make a fuss. It better not be 'corrected'. The only appeal for me that makes it worth being a gem gene is that it is such a dark black. And honestly I don't know what display setting that folks are using on their computers, but the lineart isn't 'totally obscured'.
5ZlCPH.png
Please note: When pinging me the first 'letter' in my name is a zero.
50IPcx.gif
My Familiar Trading Thread!
s2WAwm3.png
[quote name="GunMute" date="2022-01-19 05:56:36" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-01-19 04:52:44" ] that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all [/quote] This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule? IMO either the gene should be corrected or UMAs should be allowed to use black. [/quote] Seconding this. This gene is SO dark. My laptop monitor turns the genes to mush. :S

Seconding this. This gene is SO dark. My laptop monitor turns the genes to mush. :S
bxRP57q.png
LINK IS A WIP
[quote name="0rangedragon" date="2022-01-19 06:25:53" ] [quote name="GunMute" date="2022-01-19 05:56:36" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-01-19 04:52:44" ] that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all [/quote] This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule? IMO either the gene should be corrected or UMAs should be allowed to use black. [/quote] By this logic, UMAs on Ancients should be able to ignore the lineart altogether since there are line breaking genes. As Undel said, Accents/Skins are not genes. We finally get a gene for Moderns that bends the rules and people have to make a fuss. It better not be 'corrected'. The only appeal for me that makes it worth being a gem gene is that it is such a dark black. And honestly I don't know what display setting that folks are using on their computers, but the lineart isn't 'totally obscured'. [/quote] I don't see how having valid criticism is 'making a fuss', but you're entitled to your opinion as well. A lot of us don't believe it warrants being a gem gene either so that is also part of the criticism for it. It's not a bad gene but people should be free to voice their opinions and concerns either way. >the lineart isn't 'totally obscured' F Spiral's tail comes to mind. Either my screen is not calibrated or there is no lineart to be seen there. Edit: Wanted to add that the concern here is first and foremost with readability - which is why that rule was in place for UMAs to begin with, and why people are bringing the rule up with regards to this gene.
0rangedragon wrote on 2022-01-19 06:25:53:

By this logic, UMAs on Ancients should be able to ignore the lineart altogether since there are line breaking genes. As Undel said, Accents/Skins are not genes. We finally get a gene for Moderns that bends the rules and people have to make a fuss. It better not be 'corrected'. The only appeal for me that makes it worth being a gem gene is that it is such a dark black. And honestly I don't know what display setting that folks are using on their computers, but the lineart isn't 'totally obscured'.

I don't see how having valid criticism is 'making a fuss', but you're entitled to your opinion as well. A lot of us don't believe it warrants being a gem gene either so that is also part of the criticism for it. It's not a bad gene but people should be free to voice their opinions and concerns either way.

>the lineart isn't 'totally obscured'
F Spiral's tail comes to mind. Either my screen is not calibrated or there is no lineart to be seen there.

Edit: Wanted to add that the concern here is first and foremost with readability - which is why that rule was in place for UMAs to begin with, and why people are bringing the rule up with regards to this gene.
[quote name="0rangedragon" date="2022-01-19 06:25:53" ] [quote name="GunMute" date="2022-01-19 05:56:36" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-01-19 04:52:44" ] that being said - if official genes are allowed to break the rules when skincent artists would get flagged for less, then the rule shouldn't be in place at all [/quote] This. Either have that rule in place for everything or not at all, there is no sensible reasoning behind keeping it for skins but not for genes. These genes are so hard to read they make half of the entire Spiral pure black and you can't even see Pearlcatchers hair anymore, how is that any different to using pure black on an accent that it would warrant exemption from this rule? IMO either the gene should be corrected or UMAs should be allowed to use black. [/quote] By this logic, UMAs on Ancients should be able to ignore the lineart altogether since there are line breaking genes. As Undel said, Accents/Skins are not genes. We finally get a gene for Moderns that bends the rules and people have to make a fuss. It better not be 'corrected'. The only appeal for me that makes it worth being a gem gene is that it is such a dark black. And honestly I don't know what display setting that folks are using on their computers, but the lineart isn't 'totally obscured'. [/quote] @0rangedragon ...they literally do though - there are ancient UMA's specifically made with certain line breaking genes in mind because those are available file assets in the skin making process and can be used on that ancient regardless of whether or not they have the gene - ALSO ALSO ancient official skins AND UMA's are linebreaking ALREADY in themselves because UMA's made with the basic body in mind clip with line breaking terts example - my gliders dragon with the skin "sewer toridae" [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=74417308&skin=37172&apparel=&xt=dressing.png[/img] so like your argument is invalid across several spheres
0rangedragon wrote on 2022-01-19 06:25:53:

@0rangedragon ...they literally do though - there are ancient UMA's specifically made with certain line breaking genes in mind because those are available file assets in the skin making process and can be used on that ancient regardless of whether or not they have the gene - ALSO ALSO ancient official skins AND UMA's are linebreaking ALREADY in themselves because UMA's made with the basic body in mind clip with line breaking terts

example - my gliders dragon with the skin "sewer toridae"

dragon?did=74417308&skin=37172&apparel=&xt=dressing.png

so like your argument is invalid across several spheres
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
i color picked using an art program and never does a spiral's tail turn completely black. it's dark, yes, but not completely black. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/757640953593856052/933370458596855879/unknown.png[/img]
i color picked using an art program and never does a spiral's tail turn completely black. it's dark, yes, but not completely black.

unknown.png
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
These are GORGEOUS!!!
These are GORGEOUS!!!
XqQeriv.gif
1 2 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 75 76