Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Obelisk tail lengths mildly concerning
So I was fiddling around with obelisks for Reasons and noticed bee on females had a random stripe of black on their wings. And then I remembered that bee is transparent, and that was actually the rest of the their tail. Didn't think much of it until a friend pointed out just [i]how much[/i] longer their tails are vs m pose and honestly I just find it funny, and I think we all could use an obelisk related laugh sfdgjfsdfg [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=131&auth=be144ae665dcda3f9cf77182ca60bd95b44d06dd&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=131&auth=b02634389a1854dedad5ea3c4eae10e10ae4358a&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center]
So I was fiddling around with obelisks for Reasons and noticed bee on females had a random stripe of black on their wings. And then I remembered that bee is transparent, and that was actually the rest of the their tail. Didn't think much of it until a friend pointed out just how much longer their tails are vs m pose and honestly I just find it funny, and I think we all could use an obelisk related laugh sfdgjfsdfg
dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=131&auth=be144ae665dcda3f9cf77182ca60bd95b44d06dd&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=2&bodygene=11&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=8&gender=0&tert=131&tertgene=10&winggene=20&wings=131&auth=b02634389a1854dedad5ea3c4eae10e10ae4358a&dummyext=prev.png
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
fae necks for the new FR generation
fae necks for the new FR generation
she/they, adult
Oh.
Oh.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
It's foreshortening, probably.
The males are leaping over their tails, thus meaning the tail is pointed towards us as well. I'm not super fond of the male pose.
The males are leaping over their tails, thus meaning the tail is pointed towards us as well. I'm not super fond of the male pose.
[quote name="RedheadRecon" date="2021-12-29 21:55:57" ] It's foreshortening, probably. The males are leaping over their tails, thus meaning the tail is pointed towards us as well. I'm not super fond of the male pose. [/quote] Oh huh, never considered that but that actually makes a lot of sense if the male's backend is angled away from us, I always thought it looked weirdly thin/squished for some reason, and being like m mirrors would check out. Either way, I was pretty sure they were weird lengthwise due to needing to fit in the box (like how the wings facing us are weirdly smushed compared to the other). But also some obelisks having absurdly long tails is very funny to me and I'm keeping it :joy:
RedheadRecon wrote on 2021-12-29 21:55:57:

Oh huh, never considered that but that actually makes a lot of sense if the male's backend is angled away from us, I always thought it looked weirdly thin/squished for some reason, and being like m mirrors would check out. Either way, I was pretty sure they were weird lengthwise due to needing to fit in the box (like how the wings facing us are weirdly smushed compared to the other). But also some obelisks having absurdly long tails is very funny to me and I'm keeping it :joy:
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
I'd argue the head canon of long lady tail is correct, because even with foreshortening, the males' tail seems to be shorter. To me, the foreshortening really doesn't look dramatic enough to nom all that length.

I'd argue the head canon of long lady tail is correct, because even with foreshortening, the males' tail seems to be shorter. To me, the foreshortening really doesn't look dramatic enough to nom all that length.

frsigbannersmskinny.png
I think the tail lengths vary. We know that full-dragon length has a decent range, so I think the slightly different tail lengths on the poses are to show the variety. Ie, some have long thin tails, some have shorter thicker tails.
I think the tail lengths vary. We know that full-dragon length has a decent range, so I think the slightly different tail lengths on the poses are to show the variety. Ie, some have long thin tails, some have shorter thicker tails.
Keyraven "Key"
FR + 1

cgtilJF.png

9eXyW7h.png
Might be a similar case with Bogsneak crests; poses just showing minor variations in the breed that aren't necessarily sex-linked.
Might be a similar case with Bogsneak crests; poses just showing minor variations in the breed that aren't necessarily sex-linked.
• FR+18 • She/They •
IKTR - Fandragons in Invictus, Hallownest, Equestria, and Fandragon Tabs