Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Christmas!!! (Holidays)
1 2
What are your Christmas traditions? If you don't celebrate Christmas, tell me about your holiday (or what you do with Christmas break)!

I always start a new Skyrim save file!
What are your Christmas traditions? If you don't celebrate Christmas, tell me about your holiday (or what you do with Christmas break)!

I always start a new Skyrim save file!
bYt72YT.pngMUYNhfy.png
3ABibXU.png
When I still lived with my family the tradition was to head up to my grandmother's place. My whole family would gather there, and on Christmas eve we would have the big family Christmas where we'd open gifts from my grandma and give gifts to each other and have this big dinner and it was really awesome.

Unfortunately my family is.....I'll go with not overly accepting. So I haven't had Christmas with them for 5 years now.

I started making my own traditions instead. No matter where I am or who I am with I still cook; green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and some kind of main dish. Last year I added jalapeno poppers to the list too, because my one cousin always made them and I do love them.

I usually turn off all social media and my phone and just play video games. I often have to eek out an hour or two a day to play if I can manage that, but Christmas day is the day I just shut everything else off and do a massive binge. Usually it's whatever I'm into at the time, and this year it's gonna be FFXIV ^^
When I still lived with my family the tradition was to head up to my grandmother's place. My whole family would gather there, and on Christmas eve we would have the big family Christmas where we'd open gifts from my grandma and give gifts to each other and have this big dinner and it was really awesome.

Unfortunately my family is.....I'll go with not overly accepting. So I haven't had Christmas with them for 5 years now.

I started making my own traditions instead. No matter where I am or who I am with I still cook; green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, and some kind of main dish. Last year I added jalapeno poppers to the list too, because my one cousin always made them and I do love them.

I usually turn off all social media and my phone and just play video games. I often have to eek out an hour or two a day to play if I can manage that, but Christmas day is the day I just shut everything else off and do a massive binge. Usually it's whatever I'm into at the time, and this year it's gonna be FFXIV ^^
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
Well, I don’t celebrate Christmas, but I do celebrate New Years! It’s sorta become a tradition to eat chicken at New Year’s Eve!
Well, I don’t celebrate Christmas, but I do celebrate New Years! It’s sorta become a tradition to eat chicken at New Year’s Eve!
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
I celebrate yule and secular christmas :) Yule was yesterday- I keep the (electronic, lol) fireplace lit, light some candles, do some basic witchcraft, etc.

Christmas is sort of standard- this year it will just be me and my dad, watching christmas movies, exchanging gifts, eating lots of food :)
I celebrate yule and secular christmas :) Yule was yesterday- I keep the (electronic, lol) fireplace lit, light some candles, do some basic witchcraft, etc.

Christmas is sort of standard- this year it will just be me and my dad, watching christmas movies, exchanging gifts, eating lots of food :)
98bf1699ec3a8a9904ee0a7db6e28469c9948a3c.gif
Usually, my mom makes pancakes (or cinnamon rolls one year) and we open gifts, that's about it! Although, I used to always wear one specific dress. That was back when dresses didn't make me want to just burn houses down and leap away XD
I do always pass out presents to everyone, though!
Strangely, I can't remember any bits of former Christmases other than gift opening- which is honestly actually not that surprising because I have a bad memory, but whatever. We also used to to family photos!
However, my mom won't be getting off work until one this Christmas, which I don't like (I'm very impatient lol) but then again that means I can sleep in and send gifts to my Flight Rising friends!
Usually, my mom makes pancakes (or cinnamon rolls one year) and we open gifts, that's about it! Although, I used to always wear one specific dress. That was back when dresses didn't make me want to just burn houses down and leap away XD
I do always pass out presents to everyone, though!
Strangely, I can't remember any bits of former Christmases other than gift opening- which is honestly actually not that surprising because I have a bad memory, but whatever. We also used to to family photos!
However, my mom won't be getting off work until one this Christmas, which I don't like (I'm very impatient lol) but then again that means I can sleep in and send gifts to my Flight Rising friends!
Bat/Patches/Bread
He/him [insert trans flag here]
Sneeze; Your gel pen'll work again.
Asexual | Minor | Proud Furry
The bug. Not your head. You can keep that.
My family bakes about 8 large plates cookies, there's so many stacked on each plate! We eat them through the holidays and give them out to friends and other distant family members (though that part's been kinda hard these past couple years}
My family bakes about 8 large plates cookies, there's so many stacked on each plate! We eat them through the holidays and give them out to friends and other distant family members (though that part's been kinda hard these past couple years}
For my family it's basically 3-4 days of eating. On the 24th with my mom and siblings, on the 25th with my dad and his family, after that visiting my bfs mom and siblings, on the 26th with my boyfriend + my siblings. And this year, we also visit my bfs dad on the 27th. It's really hard to get everything sorted with both our parents being separated. It's like having 4 different and weird families.

There's always way too much food and everybody brings deserts, so nobody has to leave hungry (as if that ever happens)
For my family it's basically 3-4 days of eating. On the 24th with my mom and siblings, on the 25th with my dad and his family, after that visiting my bfs mom and siblings, on the 26th with my boyfriend + my siblings. And this year, we also visit my bfs dad on the 27th. It's really hard to get everything sorted with both our parents being separated. It's like having 4 different and weird families.

There's always way too much food and everybody brings deserts, so nobody has to leave hungry (as if that ever happens)
YGSnVxy.png
Usually whole December is very Christmas-oriented, as we start early with buying gifts, making cards, and baking gingerbread cookies.
Few days before Christmas we drive to my grandma's house (she, and also most of my family, lives 3-4 hours away), we help with cleaning the house, decorating a christmas tree etc. On the 24th there is a Christmas Eve dinner (which is actually more celebrated than 'real' Christmas haha), which according to tradition should consist of 12 dishes. We usually cheat when counting and count bread as a separate dish haha. We exchange gifts and sing Christmas carols. Some years it's just my family and grandma, some years it's also with my aunt's family, and some years we would finish the dinner early to drive to my grandpa's house and have another one with grandpa and my uncle's family. Though usually we'd visit them on 25th, for a 'normal' dinner and signign carols.
It's usually pretty nice there ( :

This year I caught a cold right before Christmas so I'm staying home with my sister :' )
Usually whole December is very Christmas-oriented, as we start early with buying gifts, making cards, and baking gingerbread cookies.
Few days before Christmas we drive to my grandma's house (she, and also most of my family, lives 3-4 hours away), we help with cleaning the house, decorating a christmas tree etc. On the 24th there is a Christmas Eve dinner (which is actually more celebrated than 'real' Christmas haha), which according to tradition should consist of 12 dishes. We usually cheat when counting and count bread as a separate dish haha. We exchange gifts and sing Christmas carols. Some years it's just my family and grandma, some years it's also with my aunt's family, and some years we would finish the dinner early to drive to my grandpa's house and have another one with grandpa and my uncle's family. Though usually we'd visit them on 25th, for a 'normal' dinner and signign carols.
It's usually pretty nice there ( :

This year I caught a cold right before Christmas so I'm staying home with my sister :' )
675.png

♥ My webcomic on : tapas | webtoons
Familiars Questart igart dump carrd
Christmas in my family is usually pretty minimalistic these days. We live in a completely different country from the rest of the family so it is typically just my Mum, Dad, sister and my fiance.

We usually will just have a small breakfast and some coffee or tea before opening up stockings. Once those are opened we will try to plays some card or board games with whoever wants to play and relax a bit before we move on the opening presents.

As a kid however Christmas was very different. My Grandparents would fly over to visit and would typically stay for a few weeks and we would spend the Christmas break doing family things with them, going to the beaches and exploring the local fairs. On Christmas morning my sister and I would wake up really early and sneak out to see the presents and guess what they had inside them.

Christmas in my family is usually pretty minimalistic these days. We live in a completely different country from the rest of the family so it is typically just my Mum, Dad, sister and my fiance.

We usually will just have a small breakfast and some coffee or tea before opening up stockings. Once those are opened we will try to plays some card or board games with whoever wants to play and relax a bit before we move on the opening presents.

As a kid however Christmas was very different. My Grandparents would fly over to visit and would typically stay for a few weeks and we would spend the Christmas break doing family things with them, going to the beaches and exploring the local fairs. On Christmas morning my sister and I would wake up really early and sneak out to see the presents and guess what they had inside them.

fireshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajul4r.png[/ur
I have no traditions. No one in my family makes Christmas a big deal. Usually we just go have lunch somewhere on Christmas but it seems there's no plans this year, so everyone is just doing their own thing. My brother is probably going out with his girlfriend. My dad going to visit his siblings. My mom happy to stay home and chill with the cats. And I have no friends who want to go out or can go out, so. I'm probably just gonna be at home playing Hotline Miami and doing work.
I have no traditions. No one in my family makes Christmas a big deal. Usually we just go have lunch somewhere on Christmas but it seems there's no plans this year, so everyone is just doing their own thing. My brother is probably going out with his girlfriend. My dad going to visit his siblings. My mom happy to stay home and chill with the cats. And I have no friends who want to go out or can go out, so. I'm probably just gonna be at home playing Hotline Miami and doing work.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2