Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Spider dragon breed
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
A modern dragon breed, maybe for the shadow flight or the plague flight, whose wings have had their membranes shrunk to nearly none, and the fingers on the wings stretched to become spider-like legs. My understand is this does not violate the "one head, one tail, two wings, two arms, two legs" standards all modern dragons must meet, and think it would be a refreshing and unique idea for a "spooky" dragon. my poorly drawn rendition below: [img]https://i.imgur.com/2Y9cb7A.jpeg[/img]
A modern dragon breed, maybe for the shadow flight or the plague flight, whose wings have had their membranes shrunk to nearly none, and the fingers on the wings stretched to become spider-like legs. My understand is this does not violate the "one head, one tail, two wings, two arms, two legs" standards all modern dragons must meet, and think it would be a refreshing and unique idea for a "spooky" dragon.
my poorly drawn rendition below:
2Y9cb7A.jpeg
This.. kinda would violate the ‘one head one tail etc’ rule if you’re looking for multiple long fingers. I’d say the best you can get away with long wing fingers is on skydancers.

No support
This.. kinda would violate the ‘one head one tail etc’ rule if you’re looking for multiple long fingers. I’d say the best you can get away with long wing fingers is on skydancers.

No support
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
My username is RBG, not RGB
HotnSpicy’s Beauty Tips and Tricks
[nextcol]Blank blank blank[nextcol]blank blank blank[nextcol]
How would it violate the rule?
I think that's a really cool idea but it might be better realized on an ancient where you don't have to try to fit into the constraints that moderns need to fit clothes! Love that idea though.
I think that's a really cool idea but it might be better realized on an ancient where you don't have to try to fit into the constraints that moderns need to fit clothes! Love that idea though.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
@Spookypuptarts Honestly, the wings don't seem proportionally in my mind more extreme in length than those on skydancers, so clothing that could fit them should technically be able to fit this idea, the wings involved just wouldn't have membrane for the most part. Heck, Nocturnes with their itty-bitty membrane-bound back legs seem more extreme than this wing idea to me, but fair enough, a shadow flight ancient that is spider themed would be cool. I say shadow and not plague because I think the silhouette for the maybe two-headed dragon is probably plague, with how patchwork its limbs look.
@Spookypuptarts Honestly, the wings don't seem proportionally in my mind more extreme in length than those on skydancers, so clothing that could fit them should technically be able to fit this idea, the wings involved just wouldn't have membrane for the most part. Heck, Nocturnes with their itty-bitty membrane-bound back legs seem more extreme than this wing idea to me, but fair enough, a shadow flight ancient that is spider themed would be cool. I say shadow and not plague because I think the silhouette for the maybe two-headed dragon is probably plague, with how patchwork its limbs look.
[quote name="@Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:02:03" ] How would it violate the rule? [/quote] The idea that I’m getting off of your suggestion is a dragon with short wing membranes and long fingers to get around. The short membranes and long fingers would be a problem for a lot of apparel and even posing
@Diaboromon414985 wrote on 2021-12-10 06:02:03:

The idea that I’m getting off of your suggestion is a dragon with short wing membranes and long fingers to get around. The short membranes and long fingers would be a problem for a lot of apparel and even posing
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
[quote name="RBG" date="2021-12-10 06:40:26" ] [quote name="@Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:02:03" ] How would it violate the rule? [/quote] The idea that I’m getting off of your suggestion is a dragon with short wing membranes and long fingers to get around. The short membranes and long fingers would be a problem for a lot of apparel and even posing [/quote] I mean, lots of dragons have problems with clarity and posing already, so that's not wholly new, and if the fingers are thin enough this shouldn't matter too much, since "wing" apparel items can just go to the palm of the wings here, and not beyond them, as they usually do.
RBG wrote on 2021-12-10 06:40:26:

The idea that I’m getting off of your suggestion is a dragon with short wing membranes and long fingers to get around. The short membranes and long fingers would be a problem for a lot of apparel and even posing
I mean, lots of dragons have problems with clarity and posing already, so that's not wholly new, and if the fingers are thin enough this shouldn't matter too much, since "wing" apparel items can just go to the palm of the wings here, and not beyond them, as they usually do.
[quote name="Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:43:10" ] [quote name="RBG" date="2021-12-10 06:40:26" ] [quote name="@Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:02:03" ] How would it violate the rule? [/quote] The idea that I’m getting off of your suggestion is a dragon with short wing membranes and long fingers to get around. The short membranes and long fingers would be a problem for a lot of apparel and even posing [/quote] I mean, lots of dragons have problems with clarity and posing already, so that's not wholly new, and if the fingers are thin enough this shouldn't matter too much, since "wing" apparel items can just go to the palm of the wings here, and not beyond them, as they usually do. [/quote] Most modern breeds generally have the same pose, standing statically to properly display apparel. Exclusions to this would probably be F mirrors and maaaybe M Obelisks if you try hard enough However, wing apparel should be displayed in the same way other breeds display them. Quite a lot of wing apparel does extend past the palm, which make the long fingers unusable space Plus without a lot of wing membrane you can’t display secondary genes properly so :|
Diaboromon414985 wrote on 2021-12-10 06:43:10:

I mean, lots of dragons have problems with clarity and posing already, so that's not wholly new, and if the fingers are thin enough this shouldn't matter too much, since "wing" apparel items can just go to the palm of the wings here, and not beyond them, as they usually do.

Most modern breeds generally have the same pose, standing statically to properly display apparel. Exclusions to this would probably be F mirrors and maaaybe M Obelisks if you try hard enough
However, wing apparel should be displayed in the same way other breeds display them. Quite a lot of wing apparel does extend past the palm, which make the long fingers unusable space

Plus without a lot of wing membrane you can’t display secondary genes properly so :|
pTjbLr0.png
Bingo
They/Them
+8 FRT
[quote name="RBG" date="2021-12-10 06:46:41" ] [quote name="Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:43:10" ] [quote name="RBG" date="2021-12-10 06:40:26" ] [quote name="@Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:02:03" ] How would it violate the rule? [/quote] The idea that I’m getting off of your suggestion is a dragon with short wing membranes and long fingers to get around. The short membranes and long fingers would be a problem for a lot of apparel and even posing [/quote] I mean, lots of dragons have problems with clarity and posing already, so that's not wholly new, and if the fingers are thin enough this shouldn't matter too much, since "wing" apparel items can just go to the palm of the wings here, and not beyond them, as they usually do. [/quote] Most modern breeds generally have the same pose, standing statically to properly display apparel. Exclusions to this would probably be F mirrors and maaaybe M Obelisks if you try hard enough However, wing apparel should be displayed in the same way other breeds display them. Quite a lot of wing apparel does extend past the palm, which make the long fingers unusable space [/quote] Female Imperial's current pose along with both spirals I think make for a much more extreme problem with clarity than this would in any pose, as well male obelisk and male snappers have a problem with tail visibility. For wing apparel that goes beyond the palm tends to hover over the wing fingers, so I don't see how this trend would be violated here.
RBG wrote on 2021-12-10 06:46:41:
Diaboromon414985 wrote on 2021-12-10 06:43:10:

Most modern breeds generally have the same pose, standing statically to properly display apparel. Exclusions to this would probably be F mirrors and maaaybe M Obelisks if you try hard enough
However, wing apparel should be displayed in the same way other breeds display them. Quite a lot of wing apparel does extend past the palm, which make the long fingers unusable space
Female Imperial's current pose along with both spirals I think make for a much more extreme problem with clarity than this would in any pose, as well male obelisk and male snappers have a problem with tail visibility. For wing apparel that goes beyond the palm tends to hover over the wing fingers, so I don't see how this trend would be violated here.
[quote name="Diaboromon414985" date="2021-12-10 06:32:54" ] @Spookypuptarts Honestly, the wings don't seem proportionally in my mind more extreme in length than those on skydancers, so clothing that could fit them should technically be able to fit this idea, the wings involved just wouldn't have membrane for the most part. Heck, Nocturnes with their itty-bitty membrane-bound back legs seem more extreme than this wing idea to me, but fair enough, a shadow flight ancient that is spider themed would be cool. I say shadow and not plague because I think the silhouette for the maybe two-headed dragon is probably plague, with how patchwork its limbs look. [/quote] Shadow already has an ancient (veilspun), maybe nature? Nature could certainly use a bug too.
Diaboromon414985 wrote on 2021-12-10 06:32:54:

Shadow already has an ancient (veilspun), maybe nature? Nature could certainly use a bug too.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page