Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | falling out of love with fr?
1 2 3
i am terrified.

i have recently just not felt like getting on flight rising? like, i barely do my dailies and am exhausted after like, 30 seconds on site. i just have more "important" things to do and then when i want to relax i try to get on flight rising but get overwhelmed by just-everything? my lair is full of projects and i'm having more fun in the google doc for my lair than actually in my lair.

and even when i'm up to it, i get bored fast. i don't want to loose this game, it is hands down the best thing that's happened to me on the internet. i love everything here, and yet i don't want to play.

anyone else ever felt the same? help :[

edit: thank you everyone who has come with their help! i l love this community :]
i think i will go on hiatus. probably come back for a bit during NoTN. just do my dailies and get to other stuff. excited to properly come back and faff about in my lair again :D
i am terrified.

i have recently just not felt like getting on flight rising? like, i barely do my dailies and am exhausted after like, 30 seconds on site. i just have more "important" things to do and then when i want to relax i try to get on flight rising but get overwhelmed by just-everything? my lair is full of projects and i'm having more fun in the google doc for my lair than actually in my lair.

and even when i'm up to it, i get bored fast. i don't want to loose this game, it is hands down the best thing that's happened to me on the internet. i love everything here, and yet i don't want to play.

anyone else ever felt the same? help :[

edit: thank you everyone who has come with their help! i l love this community :]
i think i will go on hiatus. probably come back for a bit during NoTN. just do my dailies and get to other stuff. excited to properly come back and faff about in my lair again :D
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
Try taking a break and coming back

I just came back after who knows how long hiatus :3c

I just did the same thing. Took a light break for about 6 months, logging on whenever I wanted to feed my dergs or gather. I only today got back to doing my dailies.

The best way to not lose this game is to not force yourself to play it. Take a break! If you don’t feel like doing it, don’t do it! If working on the docs is what you feel like doing, do it!

Do whatever you think is best, but personally: I’d walk away for a bit, come back later, and clean up those projects. Finish ones you are really want, and discard ones your heart isn’t in anymore.
I just did the same thing. Took a light break for about 6 months, logging on whenever I wanted to feed my dergs or gather. I only today got back to doing my dailies.

The best way to not lose this game is to not force yourself to play it. Take a break! If you don’t feel like doing it, don’t do it! If working on the docs is what you feel like doing, do it!

Do whatever you think is best, but personally: I’d walk away for a bit, come back later, and clean up those projects. Finish ones you are really want, and discard ones your heart isn’t in anymore.
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o3_75sq.gif
「 Social Anxiety 」
「 Any pronouns 」
「 Wishlist 」
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o4_75sq.gif ligneus_cuon.png
[quote name="pseudonum" date="2021-12-05 17:08:47" ] Try taking a break and coming back I just came back after who knows how long hiatus :3c [/quote] maybe? i'm scared to miss the new events tho, december this year feels like the worst time to go on a hiatus >< with a (possible) ancient release and my first NoTN i'm prepared for, i really wanna be there, y'know? maybe a little hiatus, and then a big one for the new year.
pseudonum wrote on 2021-12-05 17:08:47:

maybe? i'm scared to miss the new events tho, december this year feels like the worst time to go on a hiatus ><
with a (possible) ancient release and my first NoTN i'm prepared for, i really wanna be there, y'know?
maybe a little hiatus, and then a big one for the new year.
f3wi9c4.png sef | +2 fr time | any pronouns
profile dragon
I pretty regularly in the past have taken long hiatuses. Years long even. But I always knew my lair and hoard were going to be there when I came back. And when I did, it was always fun catching up to all the new releases. There are also times when I long in just to feed my dragons and gather. I'm in a spot now where I play almost too much, and this is my free time hobby.
My point is, take a break. You're most likely feeling burnt out. You're a newish player and you're starting to cycle back through the festivals and they aren't as new or exciting anymore. That's ok. It's ok to not want to play as often as you used to. Go do something else, and rest easy knowing that we aren't going anywhere.

Also, if you're worried about missing out on festival items, it is easy enough to get everything just gathering everyday. And the items don't retire like they used to, so they are cheap enough to buy later if you want them.
I pretty regularly in the past have taken long hiatuses. Years long even. But I always knew my lair and hoard were going to be there when I came back. And when I did, it was always fun catching up to all the new releases. There are also times when I long in just to feed my dragons and gather. I'm in a spot now where I play almost too much, and this is my free time hobby.
My point is, take a break. You're most likely feeling burnt out. You're a newish player and you're starting to cycle back through the festivals and they aren't as new or exciting anymore. That's ok. It's ok to not want to play as often as you used to. Go do something else, and rest easy knowing that we aren't going anywhere.

Also, if you're worried about missing out on festival items, it is easy enough to get everything just gathering everyday. And the items don't retire like they used to, so they are cheap enough to buy later if you want them.
p5ZHeyn.pngVo1gdXi.gif
Yeah I'd take a break. The more you stress over it not being fun, the less fun it'll be because you're trying to make yourself have fun. Maybe come back for NotN or whenever the new ancient comes out (unless you'll be stressed because you weren't "prepared").

Or alternately cut back on your projects. Pick a couple to focus on and forget about the rest for now to see if that helps any!

And of course, sometimes you just don't like things as strongly anymore. It happens. I've had shows and games that I loved and now I'm pretty neutral on them or haven't touched them in ages. That or I go through what I like to call the "Sims effect" where I don't interact with it for months and months and then all of the sudden oh my god I need to play it for six hours straight
Yeah I'd take a break. The more you stress over it not being fun, the less fun it'll be because you're trying to make yourself have fun. Maybe come back for NotN or whenever the new ancient comes out (unless you'll be stressed because you weren't "prepared").

Or alternately cut back on your projects. Pick a couple to focus on and forget about the rest for now to see if that helps any!

And of course, sometimes you just don't like things as strongly anymore. It happens. I've had shows and games that I loved and now I'm pretty neutral on them or haven't touched them in ages. That or I go through what I like to call the "Sims effect" where I don't interact with it for months and months and then all of the sudden oh my god I need to play it for six hours straight
cg6Ogwx.pngc76891238bc7cd166aeb215c480467c97a9ca8f1.png866GSCw.png
I've been overwhelmed and felt uninterested/burned out a few times over the years, and stopped playing for a few months at a time, but I [so far] keep coming back. It's part of my daily routine [which is important to me to keep] ! The feeling is usually the worst right after notn, and goes away as notn gets closer again and I scramble to get everything ready for strange chests lol

I think it's probably a normal feeling a lot of people get!
I've been overwhelmed and felt uninterested/burned out a few times over the years, and stopped playing for a few months at a time, but I [so far] keep coming back. It's part of my daily routine [which is important to me to keep] ! The feeling is usually the worst right after notn, and goes away as notn gets closer again and I scramble to get everything ready for strange chests lol

I think it's probably a normal feeling a lot of people get!
FObX7rS.png
mlHpBMC.png
MUYNhfy.png
X5HxiG2.png
9mjyPzr.png
I'm buying Midnight/Silver G1s!
c0AqrsL.png
nNNlBBj.png
kncGB4g.gif
KV5d5h7.png
J0opiUV.png LDkMPPP.png
jo4fU6U.png
l8NOdbs.png
d9YLPfe.png
kidVjbL.png 5hF3FGk.png
753hxVX.png
ll0CfnD.png
OPS7bfK.png
This happened to me too! In early September, I was just so pressured and overwhelmed with my scatter project that took up way too much of my gems. I also had so many unfinished gene projects and I was tired of liquidating my whole hoard just to get 350 gems per day to pay for my scatter project.

I took a break for about 3 months and now, I feel more motivated than ever! I recommend taking a short break and see how it goes.
This happened to me too! In early September, I was just so pressured and overwhelmed with my scatter project that took up way too much of my gems. I also had so many unfinished gene projects and I was tired of liquidating my whole hoard just to get 350 gems per day to pay for my scatter project.

I took a break for about 3 months and now, I feel more motivated than ever! I recommend taking a short break and see how it goes.
i agree with taking a small (or big!) hiatus. some time away from the site, even just a few days, has been good for me in the past. however, i've also set new goals for myself when i feel like leaving, like a breeding project or a coli challenge. everyone's got their own strategies for dealing with burnout

if you decide to leave, we'll be sorry to see you go but happy to welcome you back :D
i agree with taking a small (or big!) hiatus. some time away from the site, even just a few days, has been good for me in the past. however, i've also set new goals for myself when i feel like leaving, like a breeding project or a coli challenge. everyone's got their own strategies for dealing with burnout

if you decide to leave, we'll be sorry to see you go but happy to welcome you back :D
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
The fastest way to fix this is to go through your project tabs and decide on the ones you really, REALLY want to still do. Throw out the rest. Reducing the feeling of having too much to do helps make doing what's left feel so much better.

If that doesn't work, have a little break. Take a week off. Figure out a new direction - something you haven't tried to do yet that you're interested in.
The fastest way to fix this is to go through your project tabs and decide on the ones you really, REALLY want to still do. Throw out the rest. Reducing the feeling of having too much to do helps make doing what's left feel so much better.

If that doesn't work, have a little break. Take a week off. Figure out a new direction - something you haven't tried to do yet that you're interested in.
J7D1quC.png
CfG2LT1.png
XP7djFk.png
WKtl2lb.png
ll0CfnD.png
YMPbu9R.png
1 2 3