Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Flight vacation dilemma....
Don't get me wrong, I love Earth. It's my home. But I just returned to FR and feel like I need a change of pace for a bit while I catch my stride (if that makes sense). I'll undoubtedly return to Earth after the obligatory six months, but in the meantime...

Part of the reason for this is I've gotten a little breeding-happy with my return, and...let's face it, most of my dragons' offspring don't do too well with the earth eyes. So I'd like to vacation somewhere the eyes would work well (or at least better) with my dergs. So the flights I am considering are ice, water, lightning, nature, maybe wind or shadow. But I don't know much about the communities in these flights, so if anyone from those flights could clue me in regards to the size of the active-in-the-flight-forum community, social focuses, that sort of thing, it'd be very helpful!
Don't get me wrong, I love Earth. It's my home. But I just returned to FR and feel like I need a change of pace for a bit while I catch my stride (if that makes sense). I'll undoubtedly return to Earth after the obligatory six months, but in the meantime...

Part of the reason for this is I've gotten a little breeding-happy with my return, and...let's face it, most of my dragons' offspring don't do too well with the earth eyes. So I'd like to vacation somewhere the eyes would work well (or at least better) with my dergs. So the flights I am considering are ice, water, lightning, nature, maybe wind or shadow. But I don't know much about the communities in these flights, so if anyone from those flights could clue me in regards to the size of the active-in-the-flight-forum community, social focuses, that sort of thing, it'd be very helpful!
tumblrsig.png accentsig.png CommSig.png
(Not sure when you plan on moving but might at least want to stick around for RBC to be over with so you get some bonuses before moving)

Tbh, I don't interact much with Shadow's community but I think it's pretty quiet (unless the discord is active. Idk. I don't care to join it when FR has forums). If you're into dom... well, we had a battle recently and I believe some stuff planned for Dec. but as a big flight there's a huge disadvantage when trying to compete for 1st place and tbh, since I've been here (about a year) I think the only time we had 1st place was during our fest.

But if dom isn't important then it's a nice place to check out! As far as I've noticed there isn't any drama. Just taking a quick peek at our forums it actually looks somewhat active (newest posts are from 11/19 and 11/18) so maybe not as dead as I assumed XD

Social focuses seem to be lore/creative things also going by the posts I just looked at. And overall very open to helping newcomers with figuring stuff out
(Not sure when you plan on moving but might at least want to stick around for RBC to be over with so you get some bonuses before moving)

Tbh, I don't interact much with Shadow's community but I think it's pretty quiet (unless the discord is active. Idk. I don't care to join it when FR has forums). If you're into dom... well, we had a battle recently and I believe some stuff planned for Dec. but as a big flight there's a huge disadvantage when trying to compete for 1st place and tbh, since I've been here (about a year) I think the only time we had 1st place was during our fest.

But if dom isn't important then it's a nice place to check out! As far as I've noticed there isn't any drama. Just taking a quick peek at our forums it actually looks somewhat active (newest posts are from 11/19 and 11/18) so maybe not as dead as I assumed XD

Social focuses seem to be lore/creative things also going by the posts I just looked at. And overall very open to helping newcomers with figuring stuff out
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Definitely waiting until after RBC XD If nothing else, I have to wait until my current nests hatch, after all. Thanks for the info!
Definitely waiting until after RBC XD If nothing else, I have to wait until my current nests hatch, after all. Thanks for the info!
tumblrsig.png accentsig.png CommSig.png