Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Halloween/Spooky Season.
Halloween is my favorite holiday/ time of year!

I am working on making a list of the best/all Halloween movies and shows out there and then seeing how many ive seen!

I'd love to get recommendations especially those that dont get much attention! Id also love good spooky vibes book recommendations!

Halloween is my favorite holiday/ time of year!

I am working on making a list of the best/all Halloween movies and shows out there and then seeing how many ive seen!

I'd love to get recommendations especially those that dont get much attention! Id also love good spooky vibes book recommendations!

oaolHwW.pngJNaCTSP.pngRI1dQsH.png 40QQWBU.pngjdRLIGg.pngomKpPgG.png YMPbu9R.png
Wings of Fire: Darkstalker Legends is pretty spooky to me, especially the really spoilery death scene which i wont describe but long story short it's very...bloody. it's a spinoff to a books series called Wings of Fire, but it's with entriely different chracters so you wont need too much context to get into it if this is your first WoF book.
Wings of Fire: Darkstalker Legends is pretty spooky to me, especially the really spoilery death scene which i wont describe but long story short it's very...bloody. it's a spinoff to a books series called Wings of Fire, but it's with entriely different chracters so you wont need too much context to get into it if this is your first WoF book.
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile
@ang16

Over the Garden Wall is surely on the list already, but I can't not mention it. It just captures the autumn felling really well.

And a book rec I've recently given someone else in the forum might fit here too. Reaper Man, by Terry Pratchett. It's more funny than spooky, but it features Death (as in, the personification) and harvesting, so it's pretty much the perfect book for this month. (Also, it was my introduction to Discworld, and that makes it dear to me)
@ang16

Over the Garden Wall is surely on the list already, but I can't not mention it. It just captures the autumn felling really well.

And a book rec I've recently given someone else in the forum might fit here too. Reaper Man, by Terry Pratchett. It's more funny than spooky, but it features Death (as in, the personification) and harvesting, so it's pretty much the perfect book for this month. (Also, it was my introduction to Discworld, and that makes it dear to me)
i recommend zombieland the first horror movie i've seen
i recommend zombieland the first horror movie i've seen
1d7f5655b60f20cf690fcfdffc0eb6da42ac5fd3.png
The Beasts of Clawstone Castle by Eva Ibbotson is an excellent story for Halloween. It's also wholesome and PG 13 <3
The Beasts of Clawstone Castle by Eva Ibbotson is an excellent story for Halloween. It's also wholesome and PG 13 <3
look how we all make it
with hope and golden stars
still in our eyes and hearts
@Acetheaxolotl
Ive seen those books but I havent ready any of them! Good to know you dont have to have read the other series to understand it!

@Xionahri
I havent seen Over the Garden wall on any of the lists!
Ill have too look up that book at my local library.

@mariahwong46
I love zombieland! Zombie movies are some of my favorite to watch and zombieland is so funny.

@SomniaSheep
Ill have to look it up!
@Acetheaxolotl
Ive seen those books but I havent ready any of them! Good to know you dont have to have read the other series to understand it!

@Xionahri

@mariahwong46
I love zombieland! Zombie movies are some of my favorite to watch and zombieland is so funny.

@SomniaSheep
Ill have to look it up!
oaolHwW.pngJNaCTSP.pngRI1dQsH.png 40QQWBU.pngjdRLIGg.pngomKpPgG.png YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="ang16" date="2021-10-08 15:29:09" ] @Acetheaxolotl Ive seen those books but I havent ready any of them! Good to know you dont have to have read the other series to understand it! @Xionahri I havent seen Over the Garden wall on any of the lists! Ill have too look up that book at my local library. @mariahwong46 I love zombieland! Zombie movies are some of my favorite to watch and zombieland is so funny. @SomniaSheep Ill have to look it up! [/quote] OTGW is a series, on youtube. Not a book. Very good but everything is a spoiler landmine, so, watch out. https://youtu.be/_Wc1-q1CX_E
ang16 wrote on 2021-10-08 15:29:09:
@Acetheaxolotl

@Xionahri

@mariahwong46

@SomniaSheep
Ill have to look it up!

OTGW is a series, on youtube. Not a book. Very good but everything is a spoiler landmine, so, watch out.

https://youtu.be/_Wc1-q1CX_E
beware of spelling errord, my keyboard is broken and my hands finemotor skills are too.
please click on my creatures, thanks
Lab Profile