Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Dragon Busts / Interest Check
1 2
@3arlgrey

I would like an art of my girl for 1000g, i think it's an absolutely good price
@3arlgrey

I would like an art of my girl for 1000g, i think it's an absolutely good price
cwML7Sy.gif
she/her . +9hrs . gemini
@3arlgrey
Your art is beautiful! Once I save up enough I’ll def buy some :D
@3arlgrey
Your art is beautiful! Once I save up enough I’ll def buy some :D
Previously Jayfeather88, now Jayfeathers - please don’t forget the s!
@MazikeenD oh, great, thank you!! Ill send you a pm now with some info, sorry for the wait!
@MazikeenD oh, great, thank you!! Ill send you a pm now with some info, sorry for the wait!

Et in terra, sanguinem
190.png tumblr_p5xp4gK6gp1ufyw1co1_100.pngtumblr_inline_obxq7eZxtU1rpihm9_540.pngtumblr_p5xp4gK6gp1ufyw1co2_100.png17505.png
@3arlgrey

Considering the quality of your art all around, I'd say there's no need to go lower than your initial 800kT /1000G. Especially if you include color and/or shading in the overall price.
Most shops I've seen split their offers depending on complexity. Starting off with simple lineart (with or without flat color) at a base price and adding color/shading would increase the price by a base amount. Adding apparel or maybe simple accents would then add another base price on top of that.
So for example:
Simple Bust lineart: Base Price
Colored Bust: Base Price + Color
Shaded Bust: Base Price + Color + Shading
Apparel: every piece x Gems; limit of ?? pieces.

It could help you with more fair prices for both you (the effort you put into it in terms of complexity) and the customer since not all have dragons with apparel for example or some don't want it drawn.
If you want to only draw fully colored art you can skip the first few steps and just have a base price for a bust and then add a price for apparel/accent pieces instead. That is absolutely up to you but would limit you to really just fully colored and shaded art.

I hope that made sense somehow, I'm pretty bad at explaining sometimes.

Anyway - I enjoy your art a lot! Your style is really pretty. If you do decide on selling I'd love a ping.
@3arlgrey

Considering the quality of your art all around, I'd say there's no need to go lower than your initial 800kT /1000G. Especially if you include color and/or shading in the overall price.
Most shops I've seen split their offers depending on complexity. Starting off with simple lineart (with or without flat color) at a base price and adding color/shading would increase the price by a base amount. Adding apparel or maybe simple accents would then add another base price on top of that.
So for example:
Simple Bust lineart: Base Price
Colored Bust: Base Price + Color
Shaded Bust: Base Price + Color + Shading
Apparel: every piece x Gems; limit of ?? pieces.

It could help you with more fair prices for both you (the effort you put into it in terms of complexity) and the customer since not all have dragons with apparel for example or some don't want it drawn.
If you want to only draw fully colored art you can skip the first few steps and just have a base price for a bust and then add a price for apparel/accent pieces instead. That is absolutely up to you but would limit you to really just fully colored and shaded art.

I hope that made sense somehow, I'm pretty bad at explaining sometimes.

Anyway - I enjoy your art a lot! Your style is really pretty. If you do decide on selling I'd love a ping.
1 2