Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I'm baffled-
1 2 3
@Llanai has really nice size charts! (hi llan!)

But I totally disregard dragon sizes too because I refuse to believe a Veilspun can use Eliminate on an Imperial for massive damage during PvP. I imagine all of the breeds scale like dog breeds do.
@Llanai has really nice size charts! (hi llan!)

But I totally disregard dragon sizes too because I refuse to believe a Veilspun can use Eliminate on an Imperial for massive damage during PvP. I imagine all of the breeds scale like dog breeds do.
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-08-17 11:41:11" ] has really nice size charts! (hi llan!) But I totally disregard dragon sizes too because I refuse to believe a Veilspun can use Eliminate on an Imperial for massive damage during PvP. I imagine all of the breeds scale like dog breeds do. [/quote] That one seems fairly decent, though the Ridgeback would be taller, as they are the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1210557/2#post_6625103]tallest breed[/url] standing side by side. Though I find that Goaler far too small for their massive weight, so I prefer the Lokenosse's chart on that one. I will forever disagree with anyone on Snapper's being as small as they are usually shown though. [url=https://reilata.tumblr.com/post/185660468845/i-always-kind-of-wonder-why-people-view-snappers]My own take on it[/url], based on their overall length and weight in comparison to a pickup truck.
Naeryl wrote on 2021-08-17 11:41:11:
has really nice size charts! (hi llan!)

That one seems fairly decent, though the Ridgeback would be taller, as they are the tallest breed standing side by side. Though I find that Goaler far too small for their massive weight, so I prefer the Lokenosse's chart on that one. I will forever disagree with anyone on Snapper's being as small as they are usually shown though. My own take on it, based on their overall length and weight in comparison to a pickup truck.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-08-17 11:41:11" ] @/Llanai has [url=https://hungrytundras.tumblr.com/image/659622380050825216]really nice size charts![/url] (hi llan!) [/quote] WHOA that looks gorgeous!! They did a really good job on it!! Even though the [url=https://64.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png]"How Big The Dragons Really Are" chart[/url] is easier to visualize, Llanai's chart just looks PURE AWESOME. :OOO
@/Llanai has really nice size charts! (hi llan!)
WHOA that looks gorgeous!! They did a really good job on it!!

Even though the "How Big The Dragons Really Are" chart is easier to visualize, Llanai's chart just looks PURE AWESOME. :OOO
How large the dragon breeds are in my mind (Yes my coli team (With 3 trainers for leveling the trainers) plays a role in this)
Faes: Probably about the size of a large plant.
Wildclaws: Half the high of a short tree
Obelisks: Not much bigger than faes
Guardians: Fish.
Veilspuns: Small enough to fit into those crevices of the roots of a tree
Gaolers: Big fluffy polar bears
Banescales: Big non fluffy skeleton polar bears
Tundras: Baby fluffy polar bears
Bogsneaks: Small enough to be dumped into Baldwin's cauldron
Snappers: When imagining a Snapper like Tomo, I imagine a big rock. When I imagine them normally, I imagine them as small plushie size.
Skydancers: Bird
Those are the ones I can remember I am prob forgetting some
How large the dragon breeds are in my mind (Yes my coli team (With 3 trainers for leveling the trainers) plays a role in this)
Faes: Probably about the size of a large plant.
Wildclaws: Half the high of a short tree
Obelisks: Not much bigger than faes
Guardians: Fish.
Veilspuns: Small enough to fit into those crevices of the roots of a tree
Gaolers: Big fluffy polar bears
Banescales: Big non fluffy skeleton polar bears
Tundras: Baby fluffy polar bears
Bogsneaks: Small enough to be dumped into Baldwin's cauldron
Snappers: When imagining a Snapper like Tomo, I imagine a big rock. When I imagine them normally, I imagine them as small plushie size.
Skydancers: Bird
Those are the ones I can remember I am prob forgetting some
mctEJP5.png
Wyvern /\ FR+3
Any pronouns but it/its

>If I made the thread, I'm subbed!
>Feel free to ping me, I don't mind!
snowy_owlynx.pngguardian_foo.png snowsquall_floracat.png
[quote name="Crystalitar" date="2021-08-17 11:32:52" ] There is also actually a fun glitch with sizes! Some bogs and nocs are tinier then they are supposed to be due to being breedchanged. the glitch is fixed (can't be replicated), but it leaves us with some 1 meter nocs or bogs, wich are usually in the 4-7 meters [/quote] I [i]love[/i] this... tiny little bois
Crystalitar wrote on 2021-08-17 11:32:52:
There is also actually a fun glitch with sizes! Some bogs and nocs are tinier then they are supposed to be due to being breedchanged. the glitch is fixed (can't be replicated), but it leaves us with some 1 meter nocs or bogs, wich are usually in the 4-7 meters

I love this... tiny little bois
Redd | EST / FR+3 | About Me
dragoncave | Chicken Smoothie
[quote name="FeatherHibiscus" date="2021-08-17 12:11:57" ] WHOA that looks gorgeous!! They did a really good job on it!! Even though the [url=https://64.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png]"How Big The Dragons Really Are" chart[/url] is easier to visualize, Llanai's chart just looks PURE AWESOME. :OOO [/quote] [i]HOLY IMPERIAL[/i] Now that [b]really[/b] puts it into perspective.... [i]j e e z[/i]
FeatherHibiscus wrote on 2021-08-17 12:11:57:

Even though the "How Big The Dragons Really Are" chart is easier to visualize, Llanai's chart just looks PURE AWESOME. :OOO

HOLY IMPERIAL

Now that really puts it into perspective.... j e e z
Redd | EST / FR+3 | About Me
dragoncave | Chicken Smoothie
[quote name="Reddi" date="2021-08-17 16:21:27" ] [quote name="FeatherHibiscus" date="2021-08-17 12:11:57" ] WHOA that looks gorgeous!! They did a really good job on it!! Even though the [url=https://64.media.tumblr.com/68c222e938c81e15b540524704f96753/tumblr_p5wmyctJX31vffxj3o2_r1_1280.png]"How Big The Dragons Really Are" chart[/url] is easier to visualize, Llanai's chart just looks PURE AWESOME. :OOO [/quote] [i]HOLY IMPERIAL[/i] Now that [b]really[/b] puts it into perspective.... [i]j e e z[/i] [/quote] thats one of the charts i was meaning when it made Imperials far too big. a lot of them take their overall length and make it so they are massively large overall, not just super snakes that have less body mass than Obelisk and Guardians.
Reddi wrote on 2021-08-17 16:21:27:
FeatherHibiscus wrote on 2021-08-17 12:11:57:

HOLY IMPERIAL

Now that really puts it into perspective.... j e e z

thats one of the charts i was meaning when it made Imperials far too big.
a lot of them take their overall length and make it so they are massively large overall, not just super snakes that have less body mass than Obelisk and Guardians.

is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
My only gripe aboubt sizes, is the fact that the wingspan is not large enough to let a dragon fly without magic. Wingspan should be 2x the length of the dragon.
My only gripe aboubt sizes, is the fact that the wingspan is not large enough to let a dragon fly without magic. Wingspan should be 2x the length of the dragon.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
I sort of half-ignore the canon sizes and interpret them more like Zootopia or something so it makes sense how these guys can live and breed together. Some of these are straight up Wailord and Skitty ridiculousness. Also it's better for lore :T

On the other hand I like imagining spirals flying around imperials but like they fly like a fish flopping around on land? So there's a tiny little noodly thing flailing around a huge majestic god-dragon? Or maybe just 500 veilspuns riding around on a ridgeback. WEEEEEEEE
I sort of half-ignore the canon sizes and interpret them more like Zootopia or something so it makes sense how these guys can live and breed together. Some of these are straight up Wailord and Skitty ridiculousness. Also it's better for lore :T

On the other hand I like imagining spirals flying around imperials but like they fly like a fish flopping around on land? So there's a tiny little noodly thing flailing around a huge majestic god-dragon? Or maybe just 500 veilspuns riding around on a ridgeback. WEEEEEEEE
[quote name="Reilata" date="2021-08-17 11:50:22" ] [quote name="Naeryl" date="2021-08-17 11:41:11" ] has really nice size charts! (hi llan!) But I totally disregard dragon sizes too because I refuse to believe a Veilspun can use Eliminate on an Imperial for massive damage during PvP. I imagine all of the breeds scale like dog breeds do. [/quote] That one seems fairly decent, though the Ridgeback would be taller, as they are the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1210557/2#post_6625103]tallest breed[/url] standing side by side. Though I find that Goaler far too small for their massive weight, so I prefer the Lokenosse's chart on that one. I will forever disagree with anyone on Snapper's being as small as they are usually shown though. [url=https://reilata.tumblr.com/post/185660468845/i-always-kind-of-wonder-why-people-view-snappers]My own take on it[/url], based on their overall length and weight in comparison to a pickup truck. [/quote] Oh hey that's my chart! Those proportions are referenced off of the site art to account for the lengths of tails and the like. The gao ends up so small because Gaolers are a lot more tail than they are body and tail doesn't count in terms of over all size. Same goes for coatls. Most of their length is neck and what isn't that is trapped in the little curl at their tail tip. They would have to be... pretty dense though you're right. Ridgie is short cause he's slouching a bit (to fit better in the frame) Also for anyone who wants them, [url=https://hungrytundras.tumblr.com/post/659633053882302465/hungrytundras-hungrytundras-heres-another-post]here's a few cuts from my version of the chart that are easier to read.[/url]
Reilata wrote on 2021-08-17 11:50:22:
has really nice size charts! (hi llan!)

That one seems fairly decent, though the Ridgeback would be taller, as they are the tallest breed standing side by side. Though I find that Goaler far too small for their massive weight, so I prefer the Lokenosse's chart on that one. I will forever disagree with anyone on Snapper's being as small as they are usually shown though. My own take on it, based on their overall length and weight in comparison to a pickup truck.

Oh hey that's my chart! Those proportions are referenced off of the site art to account for the lengths of tails and the like. The gao ends up so small because Gaolers are a lot more tail than they are body and tail doesn't count in terms of over all size. Same goes for coatls. Most of their length is neck and what isn't that is trapped in the little curl at their tail tip. They would have to be... pretty dense though you're right.

Ridgie is short cause he's slouching a bit (to fit better in the frame)

Also for anyone who wants them, here's a few cuts from my version of the chart that are easier to read.
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
1 2 3