Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Normal captcha options in coliseum
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Please. I understand the captchas are important, but anti-bot measures should never come at the expense of the playerbase.
Please. I understand the captchas are important, but anti-bot measures should never come at the expense of the playerbase.
@Draginous As an ex-MMORPG player and sometime casual PVPer in those days (where much of my loathing of botters and other cheat-program users comes from), my impression has always been that these measures [i]always[/i] necessarily come at the expense of the playerbase/site userbase/what have you. Thus my distaste for the people responsible for that, the cheaters who [i]make[/i] it necessary to make [whatever is in question] even passingly fair to the rest of us. But it has to be possible to handle this better than it is here, at least from an accessibility standpoint. I just wish I knew how so I could [i]help[/i] instead of only protesting the problem. (editing for clarity and then chilling the fluff out [emoji=nocturne deadpan size=1] )
@Draginous As an ex-MMORPG player and sometime casual PVPer in those days (where much of my loathing of botters and other cheat-program users comes from), my impression has always been that these measures always necessarily come at the expense of the playerbase/site userbase/what have you.

Thus my distaste for the people responsible for that, the cheaters who make it necessary to make [whatever is in question] even passingly fair to the rest of us.

But it has to be possible to handle this better than it is here, at least from an accessibility standpoint. I just wish I knew how so I could help instead of only protesting the problem.

(editing for clarity and then chilling the fluff out )
@williwawwarden

I don't consider an ordinary captcha to really be at the expense of anyone. Of course it's a bit annoying, but it's not just plain inaccessible. The current captcha is actively preventing people from participating in an important portion of the site.
@williwawwarden

I don't consider an ordinary captcha to really be at the expense of anyone. Of course it's a bit annoying, but it's not just plain inaccessible. The current captcha is actively preventing people from participating in an important portion of the site.
Support.
I get called a robot all the time it ruins the game for me
Support.
I get called a robot all the time it ruins the game for me
dove_cryptidove.pngfkWjutW.png5c15bb999532f9391109728396a638d13602f294.png
Support !! If FR isnt into the idea of a normal captcha, maybe a different kind at least? It can be really hard to distinguish what is going on in the pictures if you have visual processing issues!
Support !! If FR isnt into the idea of a normal captcha, maybe a different kind at least? It can be really hard to distinguish what is going on in the pictures if you have visual processing issues!
9hqcHsy.png
WkCEhwX.png
g585y1V.png
B8HmiZX.png
Hello! You look like you need some ART.
Check out my
Art Shop
!
If not...how about take a look at my Long-Drop Challenge!
@Draginous Fair - if (and I assume you mean this) 'ordinary' means 'one and done, works correctly, and has options for people with eyesight and other issues'. Not the kind that are like.... 'But I clicked every square with [part of the thing] in it, WHAT DOES IT WANT FROM ME??' where apparently, selecting every square with part of the thing in it is not actually the correct answer but it never says what its problem is with the answer given.... [emoji=nocturne angry size=1] [emoji=eliminate size=1] Those might not give me migraines but they DO make me very cranky and are not an improvement, even without going into the 'but what about vision issues' aspect.
@Draginous Fair - if (and I assume you mean this) 'ordinary' means 'one and done, works correctly, and has options for people with eyesight and other issues'.

Not the kind that are like.... 'But I clicked every square with [part of the thing] in it, WHAT DOES IT WANT FROM ME??' where apparently, selecting every square with part of the thing in it is not actually the correct answer but it never says what its problem is with the answer given....

Those might not give me migraines but they DO make me very cranky and are not an improvement, even without going into the 'but what about vision issues' aspect.
@williwawwarden

Yeah, those captchas are ridiculous. But even if they just edited the current captcha, but made the images larger, put the images in a row with at least mostly uniform size, and expanded the captcha screen, it would be much easier and clearer and should still keep bots out without keeping so many humans out.
@williwawwarden

Yeah, those captchas are ridiculous. But even if they just edited the current captcha, but made the images larger, put the images in a row with at least mostly uniform size, and expanded the captcha screen, it would be much easier and clearer and should still keep bots out without keeping so many humans out.
[quote name="Draginous" date="2021-06-24 20:50:25" ] @/williwawwarden Yeah, those captchas are ridiculous. But even if they just edited the current captcha, but made the images larger, put the images in a row with at least mostly uniform size, and expanded the captcha screen, it would be much easier and clearer and should still keep bots out without keeping so many humans out. [/quote] Unless there’s something I’m missing, the easiest edit should be changing the background images to be more neutral and not so goddang busy that they eat up all the dragons. There must be a pool of background images the captcha pulls from and it shouldn’t be that much trouble to just replace it. I do agree with the other changes you’re suggesting, just the background seems like it should be the simplest and most impactful Like dang I can get the captcha most of the time but I still feel @/williwawwarden levels of frustration at how unnecessarily bad it is. It’s like the devs went out of their way to make it as inaccessible as possible and it’s atrocious that there’s been no word for like, 3 years? But anywho I am a little off topic but I support anything to fix the captcha system.
Draginous wrote on 2021-06-24 20:50:25:
@/williwawwarden

Unless there’s something I’m missing, the easiest edit should be changing the background images to be more neutral and not so goddang busy that they eat up all the dragons. There must be a pool of background images the captcha pulls from and it shouldn’t be that much trouble to just replace it. I do agree with the other changes you’re suggesting, just the background seems like it should be the simplest and most impactful

Like dang I can get the captcha most of the time but I still feel @/williwawwarden levels of frustration at how unnecessarily bad it is. It’s like the devs went out of their way to make it as inaccessible as possible and it’s atrocious that there’s been no word for like, 3 years?

But anywho I am a little off topic but I support anything to fix the captcha system.
I was just locked out of the Coliseum again because I could not identify anything in any of the captchas I was given as a dragon. (Oh and because, not long before that, I was failed out of two in a row where I did click on a, much more evident, dragon, so I already had 'strikes' that should not have been.) WHAT FUN to be told I must "wait a while" (it does not say how long) to try any more captchas, and for such an absurd reason. [emoji=nocturne angry size=2]
I was just locked out of the Coliseum again because I could not identify anything in any of the captchas I was given as a dragon. (Oh and because, not long before that, I was failed out of two in a row where I did click on a, much more evident, dragon, so I already had 'strikes' that should not have been.)

WHAT FUN to be told I must "wait a while" (it does not say how long) to try any more captchas, and for such an absurd reason.

I came to this forum specifically to suggest this as well!! Even as someone with quite good vision, I have a very hard time seeing which ones are dragons. Also, whoever suggested moving to the next battle via keyboard, please!! This is an accessibility issue for me as well—as a left-handed person, I have to actively switch my hand from the keyboard back to the mouse... very frustrating!
I came to this forum specifically to suggest this as well!! Even as someone with quite good vision, I have a very hard time seeing which ones are dragons. Also, whoever suggested moving to the next battle via keyboard, please!! This is an accessibility issue for me as well—as a left-handed person, I have to actively switch my hand from the keyboard back to the mouse... very frustrating!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7