Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Recommend Anime
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
@Blaiddsumu
hi~ i went ahead and watched a bit of trigun (up until ep 8 so far) and i really dig the style and storyline :))) i can see how it kinda looks like cowboy bebop but like you said the vibe is pretty different. right now i can't really guess the ending but im looking forward to seeing the rest!

ive seen steins gate and mob psycho before too (both are good but i didnt really like s2 of steins gate as much)

and i still see a lot of people mention FMA when they talk about their favorite show (like...just today lollll) but i never sat down to watch it myself....will push it to the front of my list now

thanks for the recs!!!

@cheesypickles62
i will make it a goal now to see FMA soon :333
never heard of Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit but the story sounds p interesting! tysm!

@Meii
mdzs and scumbag system!!! <333 one makes me cry out of pain and the other from laughter
ive read the novel for ss but not for mdzs and i really want to someday

didnt really like s1 of megalobox when i watched it but maybe thats an unpopular opinion? i have no idea about s2

for Record of Ragnarok i dont know what this is but everyone is buffed to the max arent they LOL
and i dont really see a lot of anime about the greek gods and mythology so might give it a look tyyy~~~

@deathcupcake13
hhhhhh TvT everyone be so pretty my eyes are blessed it is a welcome image dump <3

ironia

@Blaiddsumu
hi~ i went ahead and watched a bit of trigun (up until ep 8 so far) and i really dig the style and storyline :))) i can see how it kinda looks like cowboy bebop but like you said the vibe is pretty different. right now i can't really guess the ending but im looking forward to seeing the rest!

ive seen steins gate and mob psycho before too (both are good but i didnt really like s2 of steins gate as much)

and i still see a lot of people mention FMA when they talk about their favorite show (like...just today lollll) but i never sat down to watch it myself....will push it to the front of my list now

thanks for the recs!!!

@cheesypickles62
i will make it a goal now to see FMA soon :333
never heard of Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit but the story sounds p interesting! tysm!

@Meii
mdzs and scumbag system!!! <333 one makes me cry out of pain and the other from laughter
ive read the novel for ss but not for mdzs and i really want to someday

didnt really like s1 of megalobox when i watched it but maybe thats an unpopular opinion? i have no idea about s2

for Record of Ragnarok i dont know what this is but everyone is buffed to the max arent they LOL
and i dont really see a lot of anime about the greek gods and mythology so might give it a look tyyy~~~

@deathcupcake13
hhhhhh TvT everyone be so pretty my eyes are blessed it is a welcome image dump <3

ironia

tRDnk68.pngW2zHmI5.pngoOaA0CW.png
I recommend spongebob
I recommend spongebob
@KNK

A Romance hummm "My Love Story" is adorable! For Mystery I'd say 'Erased"
@KNK

A Romance hummm "My Love Story" is adorable! For Mystery I'd say 'Erased"
[quote name="Jaser178" date="2021-06-25 19:26:28" ] I recommend spongebob [/quote] the best recommendation!!
Jaser178 wrote on 2021-06-25 19:26:28:
I recommend spongebob

the best recommendation!!
@Jaser178
yes i agree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBO9ANTBCjM

@EllieUna
ive seen both of those! my love story is actually really cute :,)))
@Jaser178
yes i agree
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBO9ANTBCjM

@EllieUna
ive seen both of those! my love story is actually really cute :,)))
My recommendations for...

Historical:
Arslan Senki - If you liked Yona, you might enjoy this one. It's about A young prince who goes on the run after his father is betrayed during a war, and begins a journey searching for allies.

Arte - It's about a young women in the 16th century who wants to become an artist. I believe it's loosely based on the story of a real women? But don't quote me on that.

Sports:
Bakuten!! - Just finished up and already has a movie announced, it's an anime about Men's Rhythmic Gymnastics and is pretty wholesome.

Anima Yell! - Is a CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) anime about cheerleading.

Romance:
Tsuki ga Kirei - A sweet junior high romance.

Mystery:
Another - First and foremost, a warning that this one is pretty gruesome, they don't shy away from the blood. However if that sort of thing doesn't bother you then I'd recommend giving it a try! It's about a boy who transfers to a school where he becomes wrapped up in a deadly curse.

Kanata no Astra - A group of students are attending a space camp when things take a turn for the worse and a mysterious black sphere sucks them out into the abyss of space, leaving them stranded. Now they need to find a way to survive and return home.

Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note - This is a Fate spinoff, however as someone who watched it without having seen anything Fate related before, I believe it stands well enough on it's own. I have the most simple description for this one: Man and his mysterious assistant solve assortment of mysteries.

Munou na Nana - A world where people are sometimes born with Talents, students are sent to live on an island where they're trained to fight The Enemies of Humanity, but things aren't quite as they seem... (This is one of those shows I would highly recommended not reading up on too much, lest you spoil yourself)

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - High school girl who's friends keep being targeted by paranormal happenings and worries she might be next, pairs up with a guy who can communicate with the dead. Honestly it's been so long since I've seen this one, that's about all I got and I'm just going off the MAL description lol.

Tokyo Revengers - Currently airing, tbh I'm not sure this really counts as a mystery, but I'll throw it in here anyway. After seeing on the news that his middle school girlfriend and her brother were killed by a gang, our MC is nearly killed himself, but now finds himself back in time. After realizing this wasn't just his life flashing before his eyes, he sets out to prevent their deaths.

Detective Conan - If you want a long running (v e r y long running) show to keep you occupied for a good long while, this one is a fun watch! It's about a high school detective who, after witnessing a shady deal, is knocked out and fed a drug that was suppose to kill him... But it ends up turning him into a child. It varies in tone quite a bit, sometimes being a bit more serious and others goofy, it's also mostly filler (but there is an online guide if you only want to watch plot important episodes/movies.)

If any of these have already been recommended... Uh then I second that recommendation lol
My recommendations for...

Historical:
Arslan Senki - If you liked Yona, you might enjoy this one. It's about A young prince who goes on the run after his father is betrayed during a war, and begins a journey searching for allies.

Arte - It's about a young women in the 16th century who wants to become an artist. I believe it's loosely based on the story of a real women? But don't quote me on that.

Sports:
Bakuten!! - Just finished up and already has a movie announced, it's an anime about Men's Rhythmic Gymnastics and is pretty wholesome.

Anima Yell! - Is a CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things) anime about cheerleading.

Romance:
Tsuki ga Kirei - A sweet junior high romance.

Mystery:
Another - First and foremost, a warning that this one is pretty gruesome, they don't shy away from the blood. However if that sort of thing doesn't bother you then I'd recommend giving it a try! It's about a boy who transfers to a school where he becomes wrapped up in a deadly curse.

Kanata no Astra - A group of students are attending a space camp when things take a turn for the worse and a mysterious black sphere sucks them out into the abyss of space, leaving them stranded. Now they need to find a way to survive and return home.

Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note - This is a Fate spinoff, however as someone who watched it without having seen anything Fate related before, I believe it stands well enough on it's own. I have the most simple description for this one: Man and his mysterious assistant solve assortment of mysteries.

Munou na Nana - A world where people are sometimes born with Talents, students are sent to live on an island where they're trained to fight The Enemies of Humanity, but things aren't quite as they seem... (This is one of those shows I would highly recommended not reading up on too much, lest you spoil yourself)

Shinrei Tantei Yakumo - High school girl who's friends keep being targeted by paranormal happenings and worries she might be next, pairs up with a guy who can communicate with the dead. Honestly it's been so long since I've seen this one, that's about all I got and I'm just going off the MAL description lol.

Tokyo Revengers - Currently airing, tbh I'm not sure this really counts as a mystery, but I'll throw it in here anyway. After seeing on the news that his middle school girlfriend and her brother were killed by a gang, our MC is nearly killed himself, but now finds himself back in time. After realizing this wasn't just his life flashing before his eyes, he sets out to prevent their deaths.

Detective Conan - If you want a long running (v e r y long running) show to keep you occupied for a good long while, this one is a fun watch! It's about a high school detective who, after witnessing a shady deal, is knocked out and fed a drug that was suppose to kill him... But it ends up turning him into a child. It varies in tone quite a bit, sometimes being a bit more serious and others goofy, it's also mostly filler (but there is an online guide if you only want to watch plot important episodes/movies.)

If any of these have already been recommended... Uh then I second that recommendation lol
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
@Fluffmuffler Thanks for taking the time to write all this up! :))) [LIST] [*]Arslan Senki: well the thing i like most about yona is her character + the development of her <333 relationship and idk if this would have that or not [*]Arte: i’ve watched a few episodes of this and if it was based on a real woman then...interesting…. bc i really hated that main character and how she acted XD [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Bakuten: i’ve heard of this a lot but never started it ^_^ maybe when i get the chance to catch up on this season’s stuff [*]Anima Yell!: honestly ive almost never enjoyed the “cute girls doing cute things” trope (except for maybe yuru camp?) and it doesn’t help that my irl experiences with cheerleaders/cheerleading in general are ummm not the best? lol [/LIST] [LIST] [*]Another: these days i almost always step away from the gore stuff really ;;;; [*]Kanata no Astra: tangent but my first thought of kids + space + survival gives me flashbacks to reading Ender's Game (a book... like an actual book not a manga lmao but i love that series nonetheless). From what you said the plot seems p cool!!! [*]Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note (fate): reminds of how i started watching fate and left it hanging after ep 1. And i can’t grasp anything from your description...very mysterious O.0 [*]Munou na Nana: ohhh interesting! would be a good one if i want to really surprise myself and gon into something completely blind [*]Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: sounds very paranormal and detective-y! [*]Tokyo Revengers: everyone seems to be talking about this and i was planning to watch it after the season ends !! [*]Detective Conan: i know the basic plot but its hard for me to get into very long series such as this (one piece, hxh fall into this category too) [/LIST] ----- Finished trigun ^_~ honestly i think my interest in the show took a dip in the middle bc i got tired of watching the female duo (not my type of humor personally) + didn’t really care for the villains either. I appreciate what the show did tho by making it about vash’s moral dilemmas + overcoming his past it was an interesting journey to watch (my favorite character is the old man in tht one ep who couldnt stop jumping up and down lol he appeared for like 2 min idk why but i laughed really hard when he said okaeri to the chair pffff hahaa) currently thinking of finishing bishounen tanteidan or starting fma i hope everyone who reads this is having a good day/night and knows that the only thing we can do for ourselves is our best :,))) ------ [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj1XOWOxTho] Spinning Sky Rabbit (Orangestar) / Kanade Izuru (cover) [/url] [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/GDWhpl6PTEbkI/giphy.gif[/img]
@Fluffmuffler Thanks for taking the time to write all this up! :)))
  • Arslan Senki: well the thing i like most about yona is her character + the development of her <333 relationship and idk if this would have that or not
  • Arte: i’ve watched a few episodes of this and if it was based on a real woman then...interesting…. bc i really hated that main character and how she acted XD

• Bakuten: i’ve heard of this a lot but never started it ^_^ maybe when i get the chance to catch up on this season’s stuff
  • Anima Yell!: honestly ive almost never enjoyed the “cute girls doing cute things” trope (except for maybe yuru camp?) and it doesn’t help that my irl experiences with cheerleaders/cheerleading in general are ummm not the best? lol

• Another: these days i almost always step away from the gore stuff really ;;;;
  • Kanata no Astra: tangent but my first thought of kids + space + survival gives me flashbacks to reading Ender's Game (a book... like an actual book not a manga lmao but i love that series nonetheless). From what you said the plot seems p cool!!!
  • Lord El-Melloi II Sei no Jikenbo: Rail Zeppelin Grace Note (fate): reminds of how i started watching fate and left it hanging after ep 1. And i can’t grasp anything from your description...very mysterious O.0
  • Munou na Nana: ohhh interesting! would be a good one if i want to really surprise myself and gon into something completely blind
  • Shinrei Tantei Yakumo: sounds very paranormal and detective-y!
  • Tokyo Revengers: everyone seems to be talking about this and i was planning to watch it after the season ends !!
  • Detective Conan: i know the basic plot but its hard for me to get into very long series such as this (one piece, hxh fall into this category too)

Finished trigun ^_~ honestly i think my interest in the show took a dip in the middle bc i got tired of watching the female duo (not my type of humor personally) + didn’t really care for the villains either. I appreciate what the show did tho by making it about vash’s moral dilemmas + overcoming his past it was an interesting journey to watch
(my favorite character is the old man in tht one ep who couldnt stop jumping up and down lol he appeared for like 2 min idk why but i laughed really hard when he said okaeri to the chair pffff hahaa)

currently thinking of finishing bishounen tanteidan or starting fma
i hope everyone who reads this is having a good day/night and knows that the only thing we can do for ourselves is our best :,)))
Spinning Sky Rabbit (Orangestar) / Kanade Izuru (cover)

giphy.gif

@KNK

You're welcome! Writing that list also made me realize that, while I read a lot of romance manga/manhwa/webcomics, I haven't watched too much romance anime :thinking emoji:

Also I should have included this in my first post, but Kanata no Astra is another 'don't look too much up on this one' kind of show, it's a good one to go in blind to!
@KNK

You're welcome! Writing that list also made me realize that, while I read a lot of romance manga/manhwa/webcomics, I haven't watched too much romance anime :thinking emoji:

Also I should have included this in my first post, but Kanata no Astra is another 'don't look too much up on this one' kind of show, it's a good one to go in blind to!
tumblr_petjqu6l6D1uz135no8_500.gif
i like flower - ironina! the lyrics are really interesting and the animation was cute yet melancholy in a way, and i was quite intrigued! AND-

OMG I LOVE KANADE IZURU'S COVER OF SPINNING SKY RABBIT BY ORANGESTAR
loved the soft tinkling peppy piano accompanied by a single vocal at the beginning, gradually layering on the harmonies until an utterly gorgeous half-raspy ethereal chorus! *furiously recommends it to everyone they know*

(glad you appreciate the bishounen tanteidan image dump btw XD)
i like flower - ironina! the lyrics are really interesting and the animation was cute yet melancholy in a way, and i was quite intrigued! AND-

OMG I LOVE KANADE IZURU'S COVER OF SPINNING SKY RABBIT BY ORANGESTAR
loved the soft tinkling peppy piano accompanied by a single vocal at the beginning, gradually layering on the harmonies until an utterly gorgeous half-raspy ethereal chorus! *furiously recommends it to everyone they know*

(glad you appreciate the bishounen tanteidan image dump btw XD)
I HIGHLY recommend the very recent reboot of GeGeGe No Kitaro. It's supernatural, mystery, thriller and comedy. It's definitely not the most gruesome anime but it's charming in a chilling/mysterious/cute way. I think you'd like it! It's on crunchyroll for free. I'm currently on episode 12.
I HIGHLY recommend the very recent reboot of GeGeGe No Kitaro. It's supernatural, mystery, thriller and comedy. It's definitely not the most gruesome anime but it's charming in a chilling/mysterious/cute way. I think you'd like it! It's on crunchyroll for free. I'm currently on episode 12.
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23