Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | soft taco or hard taco
1 2 3 4 5 6
Both are good as long as it's a corn tortilla. If I'm going to taco bell where it's either hard corn or soft flour, I always get hard. Otherwise, I don't really care. I do both when I make them at home, although I just buy the hard shells instead of making them.
Both are good as long as it's a corn tortilla. If I'm going to taco bell where it's either hard corn or soft flour, I always get hard. Otherwise, I don't really care. I do both when I make them at home, although I just buy the hard shells instead of making them.
soft flour tortillas. hard shells just crack easily and everything inside the taco ends up falling all over your plate :( at least I can scoop it up and eat it after though right

edit:

especially if they’re buttered flour tortillas ;>
soft flour tortillas. hard shells just crack easily and everything inside the taco ends up falling all over your plate :( at least I can scoop it up and eat it after though right

edit:

especially if they’re buttered flour tortillas ;>
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
soft flour tortillas all the way! crunchy ones are good too they just crumble/break in my hands and all my toppings fall out :-[
soft flour tortillas all the way! crunchy ones are good too they just crumble/break in my hands and all my toppings fall out :-[
67163490p.png68748182p.png54397832p.png68823960p.png85775981p.png88655428p.png
perceive my children :)
Hard tacos when I lived in the US Midwest and hadn't had a proper street taco. Now that I have? Daaaaaamn son. Street taco >>> anything I can do with a hard shell. Just in case you, too, live in a place where you've never had the opportunity, they don't have much in common with Taco Bell. It's usually cilantro, onion, meat, some kinda sauce. If they've got tripas on the menu, it's the same meat as chitterlings (though round here most of the tripas is beef, not pork) and my favorite of the meats I've had. In case you instead live in a place where you don't know why I'm specifying this: in the swathes of the American Midwest I've inhabited, your options for Mexican food are taco bell (no disrespect to taco bell. Hard shell all the way there. But it's way different), Chipotle (again, very different), or "Mexican restaurant". There's just not an option for street tacos. The burritos at "Mexican restaurant"""s I've been to were usually like...a can of refried beans and a cup of cheddar cheese in a big flour tortilla, microwaved. Bout the only thing in common was the soccer game playing in the background. For contrast, street taco my beloved: [img]https://cdn.glutenfreeliving.com/2019/12/Steak-Street-Tacos-c-Kristen-Kilpatrick.jpg[/img]
Hard tacos when I lived in the US Midwest and hadn't had a proper street taco. Now that I have? Daaaaaamn son. Street taco >>> anything I can do with a hard shell.

Just in case you, too, live in a place where you've never had the opportunity, they don't have much in common with Taco Bell. It's usually cilantro, onion, meat, some kinda sauce. If they've got tripas on the menu, it's the same meat as chitterlings (though round here most of the tripas is beef, not pork) and my favorite of the meats I've had.

In case you instead live in a place where you don't know why I'm specifying this: in the swathes of the American Midwest I've inhabited, your options for Mexican food are taco bell (no disrespect to taco bell. Hard shell all the way there. But it's way different), Chipotle (again, very different), or "Mexican restaurant". There's just not an option for street tacos. The burritos at "Mexican restaurant"""s I've been to were usually like...a can of refried beans and a cup of cheddar cheese in a big flour tortilla, microwaved. Bout the only thing in common was the soccer game playing in the background.

For contrast, street taco my beloved:
Steak-Street-Tacos-c-Kristen-Kilpatrick.jpg
cL9yafY.gif
soft tacos anyday just because homemade are better that way. but at del taco or whatever it's crunchy all the way, it's gonna be processed as hecc anyways
soft tacos anyday just because homemade are better that way. but at del taco or whatever it's crunchy all the way, it's gonna be processed as hecc anyways
earth.gif
ALyb7Fl.png coco
ALyb7Fl.png they/he
ALyb7Fl.png FR +0
ALyb7Fl.png queer
tumblr_osyord8RnW1v8lm95o1_100.png
Hard tacos for sure!
Hard tacos for sure!
aromcatcher.png baWeqzS.png
WKtl2lb.png nWiQNX9.png
YMPbu9R.png
meowmeowNymlBtK.pngAll-Seeing-Eye.pngW4f4OHN.png
Both? Both are good. But I go for soft flour tortillas when I make my own. As everyone else has said, hard ones break too easily and I usually end up turning them into a taco salad.
Both? Both are good. But I go for soft flour tortillas when I make my own. As everyone else has said, hard ones break too easily and I usually end up turning them into a taco salad.
I'll put a cool signature here eventually
soft tacos >>>>>>> hard tacos
soft tacos >>>>>>> hard tacos
zB19SBJ.png8fBnDGq.pngtumblr_inline_pk7sfnQusu1tp8wp9_1280.png
I haven’t eat a taco since I was 8
I haven’t eat a taco since I was 8
unknown.png
I need the c r o n c h
I need the c r o n c h
3tufjzM.jpg Honeybee
1 2 3 4 5 6