Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | so it's been awhile...
So I am back after a few years hiatus and I have noticed so many changes that have taken place and honestly this is the first time that I have felt lost here lol. The last thing I remember was the expansion of the colors and how exciting it was. I was wondering if anyone could tell me their favorite changes or some aspect they like (or dislike) in any of the changes or just anything that could catch me up to speed? Thanks all! :)
So I am back after a few years hiatus and I have noticed so many changes that have taken place and honestly this is the first time that I have felt lost here lol. The last thing I remember was the expansion of the colors and how exciting it was. I was wondering if anyone could tell me their favorite changes or some aspect they like (or dislike) in any of the changes or just anything that could catch me up to speed? Thanks all! :)
Oh my goodness, you have been away a very long time! The color expansion was one of the earliest anni updates, wasn't it? Like..... 2015. Wow.

Well I guess the two newest things you should know are Eyetypes and Ancients. There's now a bunch of different special eyes you can apply to your dragon with vials from the gem mp, treasure mp, coli, and Baldwin! You can apply them to any dragon, and scry them in the workshop to see how everything looks. Some of them will also appear when you breed!

Ancients are the new type of dragon. They can't wear clothes, and only breed with Ancients of the same breed, but they're allowed to break the mold of the typical dragon designs we get for moderns (2 arms 2 legs 2 wings 1 head etc) as well as have tertiaries that break the lineart. So far we only have 3 but that's because they were released pretty recently!
Oh my goodness, you have been away a very long time! The color expansion was one of the earliest anni updates, wasn't it? Like..... 2015. Wow.

Well I guess the two newest things you should know are Eyetypes and Ancients. There's now a bunch of different special eyes you can apply to your dragon with vials from the gem mp, treasure mp, coli, and Baldwin! You can apply them to any dragon, and scry them in the workshop to see how everything looks. Some of them will also appear when you breed!

Ancients are the new type of dragon. They can't wear clothes, and only breed with Ancients of the same breed, but they're allowed to break the mold of the typical dragon designs we get for moderns (2 arms 2 legs 2 wings 1 head etc) as well as have tertiaries that break the lineart. So far we only have 3 but that's because they were released pretty recently!
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
We've also got two new modern dragons.

The Bogsneaks and the Obelisks. Obelisks were only given to us a few days ago!
We've also got two new modern dragons.

The Bogsneaks and the Obelisks. Obelisks were only given to us a few days ago!
FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
You can now also filter things in your hoard (click the magnifying glass symbol to open all the filters!) as well in the marketplace too! It's really handy.
And of course, the dragon profiles have a new layout, and can now have Scenes- backgrounds that work like apparel (if you buy one it can be applied on one dragon and taken off as many times as you like), but they're in the Specialty tab
You can now also filter things in your hoard (click the magnifying glass symbol to open all the filters!) as well in the marketplace too! It's really handy.
And of course, the dragon profiles have a new layout, and can now have Scenes- backgrounds that work like apparel (if you buy one it can be applied on one dragon and taken off as many times as you like), but they're in the Specialty tab
KP5dTY9.pngz75WTQA.pngmc5NkFI.png679.png8096.png34787.png
Welcome back!

I was recently in the same position—I came back last November after being gone since 2015. It's so overwhelming at first!

One of my favorite changes is to the amount of genes we have now! It kind of blew my mind when I came back...there's so many options.

I think one of the biggest changes is in the social culture of the site....a lot of community stuff/socializing happens on discord and not the forums these days (I see that you are in light, so feel free to join the light discord! Everyone is super nice). I have mixed feelings about this, but you can still find people to chat with on the forums if you want to :)

Welcome back!

I was recently in the same position—I came back last November after being gone since 2015. It's so overwhelming at first!

One of my favorite changes is to the amount of genes we have now! It kind of blew my mind when I came back...there's so many options.

I think one of the biggest changes is in the social culture of the site....a lot of community stuff/socializing happens on discord and not the forums these days (I see that you are in light, so feel free to join the light discord! Everyone is super nice). I have mixed feelings about this, but you can still find people to chat with on the forums if you want to :)

It should also be mentioned that any dragons with ID numbers that have less than 8 digits are valuable. Make sure not to sell those for too low a price.

You have quite a few 6 and 7 digit dragons. 7 digits go for a bit but most are not too valuable, but 6 digits go for thousands of gems. Make sure and research the values before selling.
It should also be mentioned that any dragons with ID numbers that have less than 8 digits are valuable. Make sure not to sell those for too low a price.

You have quite a few 6 and 7 digit dragons. 7 digits go for a bit but most are not too valuable, but 6 digits go for thousands of gems. Make sure and research the values before selling.
I will put something here eventually.
@recallback

I was looking around the auction house earlier and noticed some of the cool eye types, I guess that explains them lol. I'm glad there has been so much variety added to dragon breeding, it sounds so much more fun.

@xLuminax

I'm so glad there have been more dragon breeds added in, I remember when nocturnes were added. :')

@Pyracantha

Filtering sounds so useful, I can definently see myself relying on that now that it's been added haha. I'm really excited for all the dragon lair changes as it was mentioned a lot before I left. Didn't think they would add it tbh.

@Odile

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm glad I'm not alone at being lost with all the new things that were added. Honestly half the genes I'm seeing are still blowing my mind, I feel like im seeing new ones everytime I click on another dragon.

I might as well join the discord, I remember there being small servers going around before I left, but most people stuck to the forums still. Glad that the community is still active though! :)

@Realcottoncat

Ah I remember when 6 digits were still affordable lol, guess keeping a hold on to them all these years was worth it. Thanks for the update, I'll probably look into it once I do a lair purge. :)

~

Thanks again everyone for replying and giving me updates, there has been so much for me to look through and experience. I'm really glad the community is still around and is as helpful as it was back before I left. I hope I'll be sticking around this time, because there is just so much for me to do and some old projects I need to start back up again. Hope to see you all around! :)
@recallback

I was looking around the auction house earlier and noticed some of the cool eye types, I guess that explains them lol. I'm glad there has been so much variety added to dragon breeding, it sounds so much more fun.

@xLuminax

I'm so glad there have been more dragon breeds added in, I remember when nocturnes were added. :')

@Pyracantha

Filtering sounds so useful, I can definently see myself relying on that now that it's been added haha. I'm really excited for all the dragon lair changes as it was mentioned a lot before I left. Didn't think they would add it tbh.

@Odile

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'm glad I'm not alone at being lost with all the new things that were added. Honestly half the genes I'm seeing are still blowing my mind, I feel like im seeing new ones everytime I click on another dragon.

I might as well join the discord, I remember there being small servers going around before I left, but most people stuck to the forums still. Glad that the community is still active though! :)

@Realcottoncat

Ah I remember when 6 digits were still affordable lol, guess keeping a hold on to them all these years was worth it. Thanks for the update, I'll probably look into it once I do a lair purge. :)

~

Thanks again everyone for replying and giving me updates, there has been so much for me to look through and experience. I'm really glad the community is still around and is as helpful as it was back before I left. I hope I'll be sticking around this time, because there is just so much for me to do and some old projects I need to start back up again. Hope to see you all around! :)
Similar to the person who wrote before me - but you have a lot of high worth items on your account (the sprites especially) so if you are a lot about keeping your valuable items I would make sure to check the auction house before you get rid of an item. Anyways, there are lots of gorgeous new apparel and skins from festivals you’ve missed and in general the site has cleaned up a lot. The features like the marketplace have been revamped and work a bit differently now. If I were you I would explore the scenting workshop some to see what new dragons and genes have been added and what you like - personally I would recommend checking out veilspuns - they have gorgeous ‘line breaking genes’ and the koi gene - which was a recent and really pretty gene.
I’m a somewhat new player so I don’t know much about how the site has changed a bunch but I’m sure you will be interested in all the new color/gene/dragon combos!
Similar to the person who wrote before me - but you have a lot of high worth items on your account (the sprites especially) so if you are a lot about keeping your valuable items I would make sure to check the auction house before you get rid of an item. Anyways, there are lots of gorgeous new apparel and skins from festivals you’ve missed and in general the site has cleaned up a lot. The features like the marketplace have been revamped and work a bit differently now. If I were you I would explore the scenting workshop some to see what new dragons and genes have been added and what you like - personally I would recommend checking out veilspuns - they have gorgeous ‘line breaking genes’ and the koi gene - which was a recent and really pretty gene.
I’m a somewhat new player so I don’t know much about how the site has changed a bunch but I’m sure you will be interested in all the new color/gene/dragon combos!
UTxhrgi.gifSnowflake-Nymph.png