Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon pants: Speculation and Headcanon
1 2 3
[center] [i](Brief disclaimer: this is kinda silly and absolutely just for fun! Sometimes I like thinking too hard about things.)[/i] If you're like me, you love dressing dragons, but you think too hard about it. I have decided to compile my headcanons on how dragons wear clothes (Specifically pants). Usually, I like to think that the clothes in-game are a semi-abstracted interpretation of what they're wearing in-universe. To start, I have divided all the breeds (including ancients) into 3 categories depending on how they wear pants: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/853782552107941898/unknown.png[/img] These categories are mostly determined by where their wing or wing's membrane attaches to their body. [b][u]Very Easy:[/u][/b] These dragons have no membrane interrupting their waistline. This means that there is no need for any extra support on the pants, and they can be held in place on their own. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/854143489703673856/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/854143964700868608/unknown.png[/img] [b][u]Average Gang:[/u][/b] This is the majority of the dragon breeds. Their membrane attaches to the base of the tail, interrupting the waistline. The solution to this I have decided is SUSPENDERS and OVERALLS! [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/854147569550229514/pants1.png[/img] This way the pants can stay on the dragons waist properly. I imagine these suspenders can also go around the wings themselves as well as the shoulders. Although each breed is a little different, I think this system in general will work for each of them (accommodating for spines and different leg sizes of course). [b][u]Special case: Wildclaws[/u][/b] Wildclaws are a bit different because their wing membrane attaches to their THIGHS not their tails. They are also a bit of a weird shape. To counter this, Wildclaws might have a special strapping system that uses a very light and flexible fabric to wrap around the bottom part of their wing. Wildclaws that need to fly around alot might lack this secondary strap. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/854149270751543316/wildclaw_pant.png[/img] [b][u]Special case: Spirals[/u][/b] Spirals have wings on their leg as well, which connects below the thigh. Because of this I imagine their leg holes to be much wider to accommodate. If Spiral's pants have actual legs on them, I picture they would be open on the back and close on the ankle, as a hole for the membrane to fit through. Although I imagine this would somewhat limit flight capability. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/854150837656223744/Spiral_Pant.png[/img] [b][u]Special case: Nocturnes[/u][/b] Nocturnes were the hardest to figure out. The wing membrane on a Nocturne attaches all the way down their leg, AND on their tail. I have concluded that Nocturnes cannot wear pants in the traditional sense, as in, anything covering their waist couldn't be flush with their body. Instead, I offer up some toga-like alternate ideas: [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/696747924910112800/854151750768263175/nocturne_pant.png[/img] A light strap around their wing might greatly limit flight abilities. There could also be some kind of solid wire of some sort keeping everything in place, along with the tail strap. I think that Nocturnes would have the hardest time wearing clothes like this, however, that doesn't mean they don't have their own special clothing type just for them! So yeah. That's what was on MY mind this afternoon lol. I would love to hear people's thoughts. Feel free to add on if you like too![/center]
(Brief disclaimer: this is kinda silly and absolutely just for fun! Sometimes I like thinking too hard about things.)

If you're like me, you love dressing dragons, but you think too hard about it. I have decided to compile my headcanons on how dragons wear clothes (Specifically pants). Usually, I like to think that the clothes in-game are a semi-abstracted interpretation of what they're wearing in-universe.

To start, I have divided all the breeds (including ancients) into 3 categories depending on how they wear pants:
unknown.png

These categories are mostly determined by where their wing or wing's membrane attaches to their body.

Very Easy:
These dragons have no membrane interrupting their waistline. This means that there is no need for any extra support on the pants, and they can be held in place on their own.
unknown.png
unknown.png

Average Gang:
This is the majority of the dragon breeds. Their membrane attaches to the base of the tail, interrupting the waistline. The solution to this I have decided is SUSPENDERS and OVERALLS!
pants1.png
This way the pants can stay on the dragons waist properly. I imagine these suspenders can also go around the wings themselves as well as the shoulders.
Although each breed is a little different, I think this system in general will work for each of them (accommodating for spines and different leg sizes of course).

Special case: Wildclaws
Wildclaws are a bit different because their wing membrane attaches to their THIGHS not their tails. They are also a bit of a weird shape. To counter this, Wildclaws might have a special strapping system that uses a very light and flexible fabric to wrap around the bottom part of their wing. Wildclaws that need to fly around alot might lack this secondary strap.
wildclaw_pant.png

Special case: Spirals
Spirals have wings on their leg as well, which connects below the thigh. Because of this I imagine their leg holes to be much wider to accommodate. If Spiral's pants have actual legs on them, I picture they would be open on the back and close on the ankle, as a hole for the membrane to fit through. Although I imagine this would somewhat limit flight capability.
Spiral_Pant.png

Special case: Nocturnes
Nocturnes were the hardest to figure out. The wing membrane on a Nocturne attaches all the way down their leg, AND on their tail. I have concluded that Nocturnes cannot wear pants in the traditional sense, as in, anything covering their waist couldn't be flush with their body. Instead, I offer up some toga-like alternate ideas:
nocturne_pant.png
A light strap around their wing might greatly limit flight abilities. There could also be some kind of solid wire of some sort keeping everything in place, along with the tail strap. I think that Nocturnes would have the hardest time wearing clothes like this, however, that doesn't mean they don't have their own special clothing type just for them!

So yeah. That's what was on MY mind this afternoon lol. I would love to hear people's thoughts. Feel free to add on if you like too!
Designated Ridgeback Smoocher
I'm on a quest to get every forum vista I can!
Icon Dragon | Sales Tab
This is the worldbuulding I need. Thank you for your service!
This is the worldbuulding I need. Thank you for your service!
call me lumi or al!
any pronouns
sometimes i struggle to type properly, please be patient with me
click for pwyw min 50 gem sketches!
ok this is really good
ok this is really good
honestly i was expecting the "if a dog wore pants would he wear them like this? or like this" but for dragons, this is way better
honestly i was expecting the "if a dog wore pants would he wear them like this? or like this" but for dragons, this is way better
udj6wT1.png
thank you for your service in the world of flight rising worldbuilding
thank you for your service in the world of flight rising worldbuilding
aC86tUH.png mlHpBMC.png
w3eXdQQ.png
wAfJ7Bn.png4Gh3xRo.png
0XHtpWy.pngz3FSuck.png
I really appreciate this speculation and analysis!
I really appreciate this speculation and analysis!
1xcX4j2.gif
I always assumed the wire thing tbh, since the in game apparel seems to mostly ignore the fact that the wings of certain species make using them the normal way impossible, another thought that I had was that the membranes of the wings that attach themselves on the thighs/back/tail aren't actually completely attached, but there's like small holes that they can pass part of their clothing, maybe it's naturally occurring, maybe they cut it themselves, maybe it's a cultural thing and the parents cut them when they're hatchlings - like piercing the ears of babies lol
I always assumed the wire thing tbh, since the in game apparel seems to mostly ignore the fact that the wings of certain species make using them the normal way impossible, another thought that I had was that the membranes of the wings that attach themselves on the thighs/back/tail aren't actually completely attached, but there's like small holes that they can pass part of their clothing, maybe it's naturally occurring, maybe they cut it themselves, maybe it's a cultural thing and the parents cut them when they're hatchlings - like piercing the ears of babies lol
SIG-02.png
[quote name="Fushide" date="2021-06-14 17:29:24" ] honestly i was expecting the "if a dog wore pants would he wear them like this? or like this" but for dragons, this is way better [/quote] I was watching them piece these together and my suggestion for the nocturnes was exactly that specifically, this rendition: [url]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/392843857877794831/854127229617045534/dog-and-man-pants_o_6381235.png?width=571&height=675[/url]
Fushide wrote on 2021-06-14 17:29:24:
I was watching them piece these together and my suggestion for the nocturnes was exactly that
specifically, this rendition:
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/392843857877794831/854127229617045534/dog-and-man-pants_o_6381235.png?width=571&height=675
doing the lord's work, good post op
doing the lord's work, good post op
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
This is excellent!

One thing I would question is veilspun, where would the hair they have in the pants go? Just hang out of the bottom of the pants, or be tucked into it?
This is excellent!

One thing I would question is veilspun, where would the hair they have in the pants go? Just hang out of the bottom of the pants, or be tucked into it?

_____

efacdede8267407a1b4b2a68e2c1544fcf3e95b5.png

____qiTymVx.png
________

1 2 3