Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | As Shadows Emerge | WC RP | IC
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22
Salmondream | WC | Warrior | Windclan Territory

”If you want to sneak up on another cat, make sure your pelt blends in with your surroundings. Also, it helps if your tail is tucked in close to your body.”

Salmondream watched quietly as the loner chowed down on their rabbit and tainted the ground with blood. 'Windclan'll notice that' being oblivious to spilled blood was hard, especially since Windclan wasn't speckled with trees and bushes like the other clans were. he watched as the inky cat cleaned their fur, running their tongue over their fur and flattening it perfectly. The tom looked down at his mane, cringing at the sight of specks of dirt from the earlier, accidental tumble into the burrow's walls. He wasn't the type of cat to take the time to groom his fur, instead preferring to leave it in tangles because of how difficult it was to remove them. Subsequently, he almost never cleaned it and- wait when was the last time he did clean it?
The tom shook his head, eyes hurrying back to the loner that sat in front- no they weren't there. Salmondream eyes frantically scanned his surroundings, unsure of where the intruder went. They could easily get the drop on him! Maybe steal his life and go on about their day and without issue. "Where did-" the warrior was scared out of his skin as a voice emerged from next to him. He jumped up, losing his balance and collapsing onto his side, fear instantly clouding his eyes. Face cemented in the bush and sly adorning his expression, was the loner. They- no he managed to sneak around and startle him. How did he not notice? Was he too caught up in his thoughts to worry about the loner possibly ambushing him?
Salmondream flattened his ears and shut his eyes tight, expecting to feel a claw strike his face. He opened them when nothing came, yellow gaze looking at the tom with wonder. "Y-you're not going to hurt me? How did you even see me?" he asked, backing away from the shrub and picking himself up to get a clear view of the loner. He was noticeably larger than the smoky-pelted tom and short enough that Salmondream had to crane his neck downwards to give the cat his attention. Scratch that- why was he asking stupid questions when he was supposed to be defending his territory. "W-why are you on Windclan territory?" he spoke with an obvious stutter, already giving the loner the upper hand- why he was asking a question despite spending his past week stalking him, was uncanny.

- - -

@ladyshadow
Salmondream | WC | Warrior | Windclan Territory

”If you want to sneak up on another cat, make sure your pelt blends in with your surroundings. Also, it helps if your tail is tucked in close to your body.”

Salmondream watched quietly as the loner chowed down on their rabbit and tainted the ground with blood. 'Windclan'll notice that' being oblivious to spilled blood was hard, especially since Windclan wasn't speckled with trees and bushes like the other clans were. he watched as the inky cat cleaned their fur, running their tongue over their fur and flattening it perfectly. The tom looked down at his mane, cringing at the sight of specks of dirt from the earlier, accidental tumble into the burrow's walls. He wasn't the type of cat to take the time to groom his fur, instead preferring to leave it in tangles because of how difficult it was to remove them. Subsequently, he almost never cleaned it and- wait when was the last time he did clean it?
The tom shook his head, eyes hurrying back to the loner that sat in front- no they weren't there. Salmondream eyes frantically scanned his surroundings, unsure of where the intruder went. They could easily get the drop on him! Maybe steal his life and go on about their day and without issue. "Where did-" the warrior was scared out of his skin as a voice emerged from next to him. He jumped up, losing his balance and collapsing onto his side, fear instantly clouding his eyes. Face cemented in the bush and sly adorning his expression, was the loner. They- no he managed to sneak around and startle him. How did he not notice? Was he too caught up in his thoughts to worry about the loner possibly ambushing him?
Salmondream flattened his ears and shut his eyes tight, expecting to feel a claw strike his face. He opened them when nothing came, yellow gaze looking at the tom with wonder. "Y-you're not going to hurt me? How did you even see me?" he asked, backing away from the shrub and picking himself up to get a clear view of the loner. He was noticeably larger than the smoky-pelted tom and short enough that Salmondream had to crane his neck downwards to give the cat his attention. Scratch that- why was he asking stupid questions when he was supposed to be defending his territory. "W-why are you on Windclan territory?" he spoke with an obvious stutter, already giving the loner the upper hand- why he was asking a question despite spending his past week stalking him, was uncanny.

- - -

@ladyshadow
MV1Iakt.png they/them | 18 | artist | INTP | FR+2 MV1Iakt.png
Softrain's P.O.V l Outskirts of WC l

She could smell the rabbit's blood. She padded lightly, in search of better food. She knew that she wasn't allowed to hunt in Wind Clan territory, but the food was easier to hunt here. Softrain caught a whiff of a mouse, not too far away. She could quickly run and kill it, then she'd have to roll in the mud to hide her Wind Clan scent. She tiptoed closer to the mouse, but soon sensed that she was being watched. It was a strange feeling. Like she could almost feel the eyes burning into her back. Her back fur arched and she crouched in the long grass, alert.
Softrain's P.O.V l Outskirts of WC l

She could smell the rabbit's blood. She padded lightly, in search of better food. She knew that she wasn't allowed to hunt in Wind Clan territory, but the food was easier to hunt here. Softrain caught a whiff of a mouse, not too far away. She could quickly run and kill it, then she'd have to roll in the mud to hide her Wind Clan scent. She tiptoed closer to the mouse, but soon sensed that she was being watched. It was a strange feeling. Like she could almost feel the eyes burning into her back. Her back fur arched and she crouched in the long grass, alert.
Cloudpaw | Medicine Cat Apprentice | Interactions: Nightpool (@SunflowerAspen) | RC territory

Cloudpaw followed, watching with interest. She was very invested in her learning, and was determined to learn all she could.
Cloudpaw | Medicine Cat Apprentice | Interactions: Nightpool (@SunflowerAspen) | RC territory

Cloudpaw followed, watching with interest. She was very invested in her learning, and was determined to learn all she could.
[quote name="AndromedaFlight" date="2021-05-31 17:51:18" ] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/io8FAyy.png[/img][b][color=navy]StormChase[/b][img]https://i.imgur.com/PSiqTgP.png[/img] [color=navy][Windclan] [She/Her][Warrior][Tags: FawnSky @/Unknxwn][/color] ------ StormChase looked around before seeing Fawnsky. Grinning, she bounded over to him, eyes glinting happily. “[color=navy]Hey FawnSky! Whatcha doing?[/color]” She chirped, bouncing over to sit by him, before jabbering on like an excited mockingbird. “[color=navy]See anything cool recently? Go on any fun patrols. Ooooh I could use a run.[/color]” Flicking her tail, she peered back and forth. “[color=navy]Do you think we can sneak out? If you’d like to, of course.[/color]” StormChase leaned forwards, stretching out and rolling her shoulders to loosen them up. Hopefully she didn’t sound too tense. A run would be beneficial, but it wasn’t just for fun. The nightmare and doubts about how prophetic it could be still weighed heavy. [i]Silly Thunder, [/i]her kittypet mind whispered, [i]There’s no such thing as prophecies.[/i] ----- [size=1][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1985777#post_1985777]-buttons-[/url][/center] [/quote] [center][font=giji][color=7a7a7a][ Quoting to make this easier lol. // ] [ Interacting with: @AndromedaFlight , all interactions open. ] [ Fawnsky, warrior of Windclan. ] Fawnsky nearly leaped out of his pelt before noticing Stormchase. `Oh! Hey.` He squeaked, then realized he sounded a bit high pitched from that so he cleared his throat self consciously. ` I was just looking at the sky, before you came. ` He smiled, replying to her. ` Not really, though I saw a cloud that looked like a dandelion earlier. Or sort of, but..` He listened to her as she jabbered around about sneaking out, and Fawnsky wondered if they should. Maybe it would be fun! Ooh! Maybe they ould find something good for the clans! ` I think it sounds nice!` He grinned to her.
AndromedaFlight wrote on 2021-05-31 17:51:18:
io8FAyy.pngStormChasePSiqTgP.png
[Windclan]
[She/Her][Warrior][Tags: FawnSky @/Unknxwn]

StormChase looked around before seeing Fawnsky.
Grinning, she bounded over to him, eyes glinting happily.
Hey FawnSky! Whatcha doing?” She chirped, bouncing over to sit by him, before jabbering on like an excited mockingbird.
See anything cool recently? Go on any fun patrols. Ooooh I could use a run.
Flicking her tail, she peered back and forth.
Do you think we can sneak out? If you’d like to, of course.
StormChase leaned forwards, stretching out and rolling her shoulders to loosen them up. Hopefully she didn’t sound too tense. A run would be beneficial, but it wasn’t just for fun. The nightmare and doubts about how prophetic it could be still weighed heavy.
Silly Thunder, her kittypet mind whispered, There’s no such thing as prophecies.

-buttons-
[ Quoting to make this easier lol. // ]
[ Interacting with: @AndromedaFlight , all interactions open. ]
[ Fawnsky, warrior of Windclan. ]

Fawnsky nearly leaped out of his pelt before noticing Stormchase. `Oh! Hey.` He squeaked, then realized he sounded a bit high pitched from that so he cleared his throat self consciously.

` I was just looking at the sky, before you came. ` He smiled, replying to her. ` Not really, though I saw a cloud that looked like a dandelion earlier. Or sort of, but..`

He listened to her as she jabbered around about sneaking out, and Fawnsky wondered if they should. Maybe it would be fun! Ooh! Maybe they ould find something good for the clans!

` I think it sounds nice!` He grinned to her.
unknxwn.gif

« fr+1 »
— she+her : he+him —
« chinese : wishlist »
{Eagleclaw | Thunderclan Camp | Warrior | Tags: @/Acilil , @/ScarletSultan , open}
Eagleclaw snapped out of his daydream with a full body shiver. Which was odd to say the least because of the warm day that had began this Greenleaf. Sapstar's words were somewhat troubling to the large tom. He had expected his leader to be apologetic to the clan for neglecting to appoint a new deputy, and promise to do so as soon as possible. However, Sapstar seemed almost the opposite. She was hostile and reminded their clanmates not to question her decisions as leader, but to respect them. Knowing the she-cat's painstakingly proud reputation, he knew it was better not to argue with her but to aline himself in order to promote his usefulness. Perhaps she would see that he could be trusted and would make a good allie rather than an adversary. Afterall, the Leader still had all of her 9 lives given to her by starclan. She radiated strength from every inch of her pelt. Putting himself in the she-cat's good graces would only benefit the Tom.
Eagleclaw padded over to Sapstar and Hollyflight where they stood near the meeting place at the center of the Thunderclan camp. He dipped his nose in greeting to the two. "I'd like to join your patrol if you're looking for one," replied the dark tabby tom. He curled his long tail around his paws delicately, even though he was larger in stacher than the two she-cats and looked anything but delicate. Although he spoke calmly, Eagleclaw's amber eyes gleamed with excitement
{Eagleclaw | Thunderclan Camp | Warrior | Tags: @/Acilil , @/ScarletSultan , open}
Eagleclaw snapped out of his daydream with a full body shiver. Which was odd to say the least because of the warm day that had began this Greenleaf. Sapstar's words were somewhat troubling to the large tom. He had expected his leader to be apologetic to the clan for neglecting to appoint a new deputy, and promise to do so as soon as possible. However, Sapstar seemed almost the opposite. She was hostile and reminded their clanmates not to question her decisions as leader, but to respect them. Knowing the she-cat's painstakingly proud reputation, he knew it was better not to argue with her but to aline himself in order to promote his usefulness. Perhaps she would see that he could be trusted and would make a good allie rather than an adversary. Afterall, the Leader still had all of her 9 lives given to her by starclan. She radiated strength from every inch of her pelt. Putting himself in the she-cat's good graces would only benefit the Tom.
Eagleclaw padded over to Sapstar and Hollyflight where they stood near the meeting place at the center of the Thunderclan camp. He dipped his nose in greeting to the two. "I'd like to join your patrol if you're looking for one," replied the dark tabby tom. He curled his long tail around his paws delicately, even though he was larger in stacher than the two she-cats and looked anything but delicate. Although he spoke calmly, Eagleclaw's amber eyes gleamed with excitement
Character: Cranepaw
Tags: @LeafyMcbee @nixworm
Mentions: Clovertail, Finchpaw

Peeking one more time wouldn't hurt. Cranepaw flung her eyelids open and scanned the camp again for her mentor. There! Just entering the apprentice's burrow. Burrow? Den? Cranepaw couldn't find the apprentice den matching either of those titles. Getting onto her paws, Cranepaw gave a large, quick stretch, glanced around to make sure nobody noticed she had been sleeping so late, and walked around like she was doing something- or, at least, as if she hadn't been sleeping and had been awake forever.

Fogfoot is, hilariously, still asleep. I think I'll leave it to Finchpaw to wake her up. Let's say she had a rough night last night.
Character: Cranepaw
Tags: @LeafyMcbee @nixworm
Mentions: Clovertail, Finchpaw

Peeking one more time wouldn't hurt. Cranepaw flung her eyelids open and scanned the camp again for her mentor. There! Just entering the apprentice's burrow. Burrow? Den? Cranepaw couldn't find the apprentice den matching either of those titles. Getting onto her paws, Cranepaw gave a large, quick stretch, glanced around to make sure nobody noticed she had been sleeping so late, and walked around like she was doing something- or, at least, as if she hadn't been sleeping and had been awake forever.

Fogfoot is, hilariously, still asleep. I think I'll leave it to Finchpaw to wake her up. Let's say she had a rough night last night.
Cheetahstar | Windclan | Leader | Interactions: Mistface

"I was just wondering if you had any thoughts, its important for the leader to know the deputies thoughts and realtionships right? Any of the apprentices catch your eye?"

She flicked her tail.

"Any news on the border? Has riverclan made any wrong moves?"

She knew they had more than enough water themselves but the fact was, if they were ever overpowered enough to lose that vital pond, that was it... Windclan would be doomed and she would be powerless as her clan dehydrated.

Worse comes, she could look to the other clans for an alliance... though there was no promise that they would accept. Her clan had to be strong enough by itself, even if it meant provoking riverclan so they got the message... windclan was not to be messed with.
Cheetahstar | Windclan | Leader | Interactions: Mistface

"I was just wondering if you had any thoughts, its important for the leader to know the deputies thoughts and realtionships right? Any of the apprentices catch your eye?"

She flicked her tail.

"Any news on the border? Has riverclan made any wrong moves?"

She knew they had more than enough water themselves but the fact was, if they were ever overpowered enough to lose that vital pond, that was it... Windclan would be doomed and she would be powerless as her clan dehydrated.

Worse comes, she could look to the other clans for an alliance... though there was no promise that they would accept. Her clan had to be strong enough by itself, even if it meant provoking riverclan so they got the message... windclan was not to be messed with.
BcpIF1O.png
Finchpaw | WindClan camp | @ThePhoenixBaron | Mentions: Fogfoot

Finchpaw awoke, blinking several times as her vision focused before noticing the daylight that warmed her fur. Oh StarClan, I woke up late again... The apprentice huffed, getting to her feet and shaking her head to get rid of the last remnants of sleep. Looking around, she spotted her mentor, Fogfoot, still sleeping on the other side of the camp. Her ears perked up, relieved that for once she wasn't the last one awake, before padding over to where Fogfoot slept.

(Hey @/ThePhoenixBaron, do you think you could link me Fogfoot's signup? I don't know what she looks like or personality :))
Finchpaw | WindClan camp | @ThePhoenixBaron | Mentions: Fogfoot

Finchpaw awoke, blinking several times as her vision focused before noticing the daylight that warmed her fur. Oh StarClan, I woke up late again... The apprentice huffed, getting to her feet and shaking her head to get rid of the last remnants of sleep. Looking around, she spotted her mentor, Fogfoot, still sleeping on the other side of the camp. Her ears perked up, relieved that for once she wasn't the last one awake, before padding over to where Fogfoot slept.

(Hey @/ThePhoenixBaron, do you think you could link me Fogfoot's signup? I don't know what she looks like or personality :))
tyEuRXe.png
5iXiC8z.png
ZTPHjAD.png
6YousWl.png
mlHpBMC.png
IPMR18o.png
74954242p.png
71417372p.png
I hoard Axolotls & Fancy Rats. Wishlist
Character: Fallowheart
Age and Rank: 36 moons old Thunderclan Warrior
Interacting with: Wrenpaw, Carly

Fallowheart nodded as Carly spoke. He ran his tail gently against his apprentice’s side.

“Carly’s right, Wrenpaw. It’s too dangerous. Thunderclan can’t afford to lose you right now, it’s best for you to stay in camp.”

Fallowheart glanced back towards the meeting place as another cat spoke up. Eagleclaw joining the patrol made 4 warriors on the patrol- nearly half of Thunderclan’s strength. And more prey than we have to give, he thought with a look at the fresh kill pile. While Sapstar was right, there was some prey there, there was certainly not enough to feed the clan’s warriors twice over, let alone provide for the elders and kits and the medicine cats. Fear washed over him. He could only hope that Softrain, the only cat missing from the camp, would bring prey back with her.

He looked back to Carly with hope in his eyes. The tom hadn’t been with Thunderclan for long, but Fallowheart found himself drawn to him. From what he was saying, it seemed he’d had been right to trust him. Not for the prey his word’s echoed in his head. Carly truly was a Thunderclan cat, if he was already ready to risk his life for his clan.

“You’d do that?” he murmured, fearful of drawing Sapstar’s attention, but luckily she seemed focused on her new recruit. “Between the two of us sharing our portions, we could keep Moonbriar and Cedarfoot fed, maybe even the medicine cats too,” he hesitated, thinking of the way Sapstar looked at Wrenpaw. “We might have to be sneaky about it, though,”

@Acilil
Character: Shrewtail
Age and Rank: 108 moons, Senior Warrior
Interacting with: Specklewish (@AndromedaGalaxy), Cedarfoot, Daisysong (@TheUltimateFLUFF)

Shrewtail nodded to Specklewish, his respect for the she-cat growing. He heard further commotion in the clearing behind him and glanced back uneasily. Another cat had joined Sapstar’s patrol. Shrewtail feared where the she-cat would lead them. If her threats were anything to go by, she might lead Thunderclan to ruin.

He looked back to Cedarfoot, the old tom’s whisker’s twitching, and Specklewish. “You’ll have to sneak out,” he warned, “Sapstar has already stopped Fallowheart and Wrenpaw from hunting- I doubt she’ll take herb gathering as an excuse, one way or another,” He glanced at Daisysong, the she-cat still studiously sorting her herbs. That’s only if she doesn’t betray us, anyway, he thought.

He sighed, tail-tip twitching nervously. “I won’t stand with her. I have fought for Thunderclan too long to see it led to ruin,”
Character: Cedarfoot
Age and Rank: 132 Moons Old Thunderclan Elder
Interacting with: Specklewish, Shrewtail

Cedarfoot licked his old friend’s shoulder comfortingly, though if the tension in his muscles was anything to go by, it helped little. He feared for Shrewtail’s safety- if not for the outbreak in leafbare, the senior warrior would have joined him in the elder’s den by now. Cedarfoot would have come out of retirement himself, but anymore the walk to the gathering and back was enough to tire him out for days. He no longer had the strength to hunt and fight for his clan.

“Perhaps I can help in some way,” he offered to Specklewish. “I may be old, but my claws are still sharp. Do you need an escort?”
Character: Fallowheart
Age and Rank: 36 moons old Thunderclan Warrior
Interacting with: Wrenpaw, Carly

Fallowheart nodded as Carly spoke. He ran his tail gently against his apprentice’s side.

“Carly’s right, Wrenpaw. It’s too dangerous. Thunderclan can’t afford to lose you right now, it’s best for you to stay in camp.”

Fallowheart glanced back towards the meeting place as another cat spoke up. Eagleclaw joining the patrol made 4 warriors on the patrol- nearly half of Thunderclan’s strength. And more prey than we have to give, he thought with a look at the fresh kill pile. While Sapstar was right, there was some prey there, there was certainly not enough to feed the clan’s warriors twice over, let alone provide for the elders and kits and the medicine cats. Fear washed over him. He could only hope that Softrain, the only cat missing from the camp, would bring prey back with her.

He looked back to Carly with hope in his eyes. The tom hadn’t been with Thunderclan for long, but Fallowheart found himself drawn to him. From what he was saying, it seemed he’d had been right to trust him. Not for the prey his word’s echoed in his head. Carly truly was a Thunderclan cat, if he was already ready to risk his life for his clan.

“You’d do that?” he murmured, fearful of drawing Sapstar’s attention, but luckily she seemed focused on her new recruit. “Between the two of us sharing our portions, we could keep Moonbriar and Cedarfoot fed, maybe even the medicine cats too,” he hesitated, thinking of the way Sapstar looked at Wrenpaw. “We might have to be sneaky about it, though,”

@Acilil
Character: Shrewtail
Age and Rank: 108 moons, Senior Warrior
Interacting with: Specklewish (@AndromedaGalaxy), Cedarfoot, Daisysong (@TheUltimateFLUFF)

Shrewtail nodded to Specklewish, his respect for the she-cat growing. He heard further commotion in the clearing behind him and glanced back uneasily. Another cat had joined Sapstar’s patrol. Shrewtail feared where the she-cat would lead them. If her threats were anything to go by, she might lead Thunderclan to ruin.

He looked back to Cedarfoot, the old tom’s whisker’s twitching, and Specklewish. “You’ll have to sneak out,” he warned, “Sapstar has already stopped Fallowheart and Wrenpaw from hunting- I doubt she’ll take herb gathering as an excuse, one way or another,” He glanced at Daisysong, the she-cat still studiously sorting her herbs. That’s only if she doesn’t betray us, anyway, he thought.

He sighed, tail-tip twitching nervously. “I won’t stand with her. I have fought for Thunderclan too long to see it led to ruin,”
Character: Cedarfoot
Age and Rank: 132 Moons Old Thunderclan Elder
Interacting with: Specklewish, Shrewtail

Cedarfoot licked his old friend’s shoulder comfortingly, though if the tension in his muscles was anything to go by, it helped little. He feared for Shrewtail’s safety- if not for the outbreak in leafbare, the senior warrior would have joined him in the elder’s den by now. Cedarfoot would have come out of retirement himself, but anymore the walk to the gathering and back was enough to tire him out for days. He no longer had the strength to hunt and fight for his clan.

“Perhaps I can help in some way,” he offered to Specklewish. “I may be old, but my claws are still sharp. Do you need an escort?”
tOvDFgM.png
Character: Rushfur
Age and Rank: 20 moons old Windclan Warrior
Interacting with: Windclan Patrol (Echopaw (@ladyshadow), Sparrowbreeze (@SunflowerAspen), Giantpaw (@VovaTheBoss), Duskshade(@Echosilver))

Rushfur loped alongside her clanmates, the familiar rush of the wind through her pelt lifted a weight from her shoulders. With a quick glance back at Echopaw, ensuring the apprentice was keeping up, she lengthened her strides. She knew she should keep pace with her clanmates and apprentice, but the high of the run overtook her as she found herself running faster and faster. Besides, they’re still in my sight, she reasoned with a quick glance over her shoulder. Echopaw would be fine, she was running beside two other warriors.

Before she knew it, she could scent the Riverclan border. She purred as she came to a stop, spinning on her hindlegs as she turned to watch her clanmates pelt’s streak across the moor towards her. She enjoyed the feeling over her lungs heaving in fresh air. Her nose crinkled slightly as she got a whiff of the salty, fishy scent of Riverclan. If only it didn’t stink so much, she griped. Her back to the border and focused on the blood still pumping through her veins as her clanmates approached, she failed to notice that the scent seemed stronger than usual.
Character: Rushfur
Age and Rank: 20 moons old Windclan Warrior
Interacting with: Windclan Patrol (Echopaw (@ladyshadow), Sparrowbreeze (@SunflowerAspen), Giantpaw (@VovaTheBoss), Duskshade(@Echosilver))

Rushfur loped alongside her clanmates, the familiar rush of the wind through her pelt lifted a weight from her shoulders. With a quick glance back at Echopaw, ensuring the apprentice was keeping up, she lengthened her strides. She knew she should keep pace with her clanmates and apprentice, but the high of the run overtook her as she found herself running faster and faster. Besides, they’re still in my sight, she reasoned with a quick glance over her shoulder. Echopaw would be fine, she was running beside two other warriors.

Before she knew it, she could scent the Riverclan border. She purred as she came to a stop, spinning on her hindlegs as she turned to watch her clanmates pelt’s streak across the moor towards her. She enjoyed the feeling over her lungs heaving in fresh air. Her nose crinkled slightly as she got a whiff of the salty, fishy scent of Riverclan. If only it didn’t stink so much, she griped. Her back to the border and focused on the blood still pumping through her veins as her clanmates approached, she failed to notice that the scent seemed stronger than usual.
tOvDFgM.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22