Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Vent?] Weird/sad vibes about eye update
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14
This. There are ways to please both types of players. This was not it. Vial eyes should have differed slightly, since eyes are not a gene that passes down. It's a game, so I'm not going to get caught up in comparisons. The eyes do not show up. However, faceted, glowing, and sometimes goat eyes could show a bit. Since we are talking about people wanting to add an eye type to dragons that either existed before the eye types were created, or people who want to upgrade their dragons, it was not reasonable to make all of the RNG eyes into Vial eyes. There is no possible way the staff didn't know what they were doing was damaging a huge portion of players when they did this, and that' why they stayed silent about it. So, all trust of mods and such are gone, period. Moving on from that, they could, right this minute, create RNG eyes that are NOT available through vials, that are just as elaborate as the primal eyes are now, and a couple of others as well. That would be a huge step forward. The damage is done on primal eyes, they ruined them, period. Now, they are juts a few days of the fairgrounds achievement. It took me months to achieve one primal hatch with filling 5 nests constantly. So, that is the difference. 5 days vs 5 months. Plus, with a vial, the player can apply them to a dragon of their choice, which is not how hatches worked at all. So, values of a dragon that was xxx with primal eyes, with higher end genes, was not only high in the sense of being able to sell it (which was part of the game for years), but also in the sense of an achievement in planning hatches, scrying pairs, and so on. For those playing the other way, without those breeding dragons, you would have to buy every single gene, and hatch an egg hoping for the right colors. You have affordable dragons with great options because of the RNG players. [quote name="anemo" date="2021-05-08 14:47:26" ] from what i gather the original update fr eye types update was 3 years ago and people either loved it or hated it. this recent update turned the haters into lovers, and lovers into haters. it doesnt feel like a common ground that everyone can agree is a decent feature. some people got screwed hard, for some its the best moment of their life. i feel like there could have been a better solution. also, one that didnt take 3 years to come personally, this really made me lose trust in the staff team and a lot of my effort feels kinda.. idk.. meaningless ? im taking a hiatus rn but it may just turn into an extended leave until another bigger update rolls around bc there's just such a bitter taste in my mouth whenever i check the site now edit: the way this update feels is like going into creative and spawning in 64 diamond blocks in a minecraft survival world you've poured hundreds of hours into. i mean.. yeah.. cool and shiny isnt hard to get now but it doesnt feel as valuable anymore [/quote]
This. There are ways to please both types of players. This was not it.

Vial eyes should have differed slightly, since eyes are not a gene that passes down. It's a game, so I'm not going to get caught up in comparisons.

The eyes do not show up. However, faceted, glowing, and sometimes goat eyes could show a bit. Since we are talking about people wanting to add an eye type to dragons that either existed before the eye types were created, or people who want to upgrade their dragons, it was not reasonable to make all of the RNG eyes into Vial eyes.

There is no possible way the staff didn't know what they were doing was damaging a huge portion of players when they did this, and that' why they stayed silent about it.

So, all trust of mods and such are gone, period.

Moving on from that, they could, right this minute, create RNG eyes that are NOT available through vials, that are just as elaborate as the primal eyes are now, and a couple of others as well. That would be a huge step forward. The damage is done on primal eyes, they ruined them, period. Now, they are juts a few days of the fairgrounds achievement. It took me months to achieve one primal hatch with filling 5 nests constantly.

So, that is the difference. 5 days vs 5 months.

Plus, with a vial, the player can apply them to a dragon of their choice, which is not how hatches worked at all. So, values of a dragon that was xxx with primal eyes, with higher end genes, was not only high in the sense of being able to sell it (which was part of the game for years), but also in the sense of an achievement in planning hatches, scrying pairs, and so on.

For those playing the other way, without those breeding dragons, you would have to buy every single gene, and hatch an egg hoping for the right colors. You have affordable dragons with great options because of the RNG players.
anemo wrote on 2021-05-08 14:47:26:
from what i gather the original update fr eye types update was 3 years ago and people either loved it or hated it. this recent update turned the haters into lovers, and lovers into haters. it doesnt feel like a common ground that everyone can agree is a decent feature. some people got screwed hard, for some its the best moment of their life. i feel like there could have been a better solution. also, one that didnt take 3 years to come

personally, this really made me lose trust in the staff team and a lot of my effort feels kinda.. idk.. meaningless ? im taking a hiatus rn but it may just turn into an extended leave until another bigger update rolls around bc there's just such a bitter taste in my mouth whenever i check the site now

edit: the way this update feels is like going into creative and spawning in 64 diamond blocks in a minecraft survival world you've poured hundreds of hours into. i mean.. yeah.. cool and shiny isnt hard to get now but it doesnt feel as valuable anymore
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
This. There are ways to please both types of players. This was not it. Vial eyes should have differed slightly, since eyes are not a gene that passes down. It's a game, so I'm not going to get caught up in comparisons. The eyes do not show up. However, faceted, glowing, and sometimes goat eyes could show a bit. Since we are talking about people wanting to add an eye type to dragons that either existed before the eye types were created, or people who want to upgrade their dragons, it was not reasonable to make all of the RNG eyes into Vial eyes. There is no possible way the staff didn't know what they were doing was damaging a huge portion of players when they did this, and that' why they stayed silent about it. So, all trust of mods and such are gone, period. Moving on from that, they could, right this minute, create RNG eyes that are NOT available through vials, that are just as elaborate as the primal eyes are now, and a couple of others as well. That would be a huge step forward. The damage is done on primal eyes, they ruined them, period. Now, they are juts a few days of the fairgrounds achievement. It took me months to achieve one primal hatch with filling 5 nests constantly. So, that is the difference. 5 days vs 5 months. Plus, with a vial, the player can apply them to a dragon of their choice, which is not how hatches worked at all. So, values of a dragon that was xxx with primal eyes, with higher end genes, was not only high in the sense of being able to sell it (which was part of the game for years), but also in the sense of an achievement in planning hatches, scrying pairs, and so on. For those playing the other way, without those breeding dragons, you would have to buy every single gene, and hatch an egg hoping for the right colors. You have affordable dragons with great options because of the RNG players. [quote name="anemo" date="2021-05-08 14:47:26" ] from what i gather the original update fr eye types update was 3 years ago and people either loved it or hated it. this recent update turned the haters into lovers, and lovers into haters. it doesnt feel like a common ground that everyone can agree is a decent feature. some people got screwed hard, for some its the best moment of their life. i feel like there could have been a better solution. also, one that didnt take 3 years to come personally, this really made me lose trust in the staff team and a lot of my effort feels kinda.. idk.. meaningless ? im taking a hiatus rn but it may just turn into an extended leave until another bigger update rolls around bc there's just such a bitter taste in my mouth whenever i check the site now edit: the way this update feels is like going into creative and spawning in 64 diamond blocks in a minecraft survival world you've poured hundreds of hours into. i mean.. yeah.. cool and shiny isnt hard to get now but it doesnt feel as valuable anymore [/quote]
This. There are ways to please both types of players. This was not it.

Vial eyes should have differed slightly, since eyes are not a gene that passes down. It's a game, so I'm not going to get caught up in comparisons.

The eyes do not show up. However, faceted, glowing, and sometimes goat eyes could show a bit. Since we are talking about people wanting to add an eye type to dragons that either existed before the eye types were created, or people who want to upgrade their dragons, it was not reasonable to make all of the RNG eyes into Vial eyes.

There is no possible way the staff didn't know what they were doing was damaging a huge portion of players when they did this, and that' why they stayed silent about it.

So, all trust of mods and such are gone, period.

Moving on from that, they could, right this minute, create RNG eyes that are NOT available through vials, that are just as elaborate as the primal eyes are now, and a couple of others as well. That would be a huge step forward. The damage is done on primal eyes, they ruined them, period. Now, they are juts a few days of the fairgrounds achievement. It took me months to achieve one primal hatch with filling 5 nests constantly.

So, that is the difference. 5 days vs 5 months.

Plus, with a vial, the player can apply them to a dragon of their choice, which is not how hatches worked at all. So, values of a dragon that was xxx with primal eyes, with higher end genes, was not only high in the sense of being able to sell it (which was part of the game for years), but also in the sense of an achievement in planning hatches, scrying pairs, and so on.

For those playing the other way, without those breeding dragons, you would have to buy every single gene, and hatch an egg hoping for the right colors. You have affordable dragons with great options because of the RNG players.
anemo wrote on 2021-05-08 14:47:26:
from what i gather the original update fr eye types update was 3 years ago and people either loved it or hated it. this recent update turned the haters into lovers, and lovers into haters. it doesnt feel like a common ground that everyone can agree is a decent feature. some people got screwed hard, for some its the best moment of their life. i feel like there could have been a better solution. also, one that didnt take 3 years to come

personally, this really made me lose trust in the staff team and a lot of my effort feels kinda.. idk.. meaningless ? im taking a hiatus rn but it may just turn into an extended leave until another bigger update rolls around bc there's just such a bitter taste in my mouth whenever i check the site now

edit: the way this update feels is like going into creative and spawning in 64 diamond blocks in a minecraft survival world you've poured hundreds of hours into. i mean.. yeah.. cool and shiny isnt hard to get now but it doesnt feel as valuable anymore
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-05-08 14:57:44" ] [quote] Also this is coming from someone who was around for the original eye update, and collects old dragons so basically none of mine have updated eyes since the scatter-sights had such bad odds, I'd use the odd one here or there to try and get a different eye tint but that was about it. But I didn't cry about it for 3 years. What I did do is grind and invest in scattersights as staff led us to believe for 3 years that breeding was going to be the only mechanism for the original eyes and future eyes may be released in vials like the glowing etc. So yes I'm salty that staff have made this mechanic completely redundant and slashed my savings that I use towards other parts of the site that I enjoy, but you know what I am allowed to be salty about it.[/quote] Why would invest in an item? Staff said we would be getting more eye types what if we had gotten a new elemental exclusive eye type that tanked the value of primal, you still would’ve lost all that “investment” scattersights were never a solid investment we were confirmed to be getting new eye types in the future and for all you knew we could’ve gotten 3 new flight special eye types that made current primals look ugly. Or another mult eyed eye type that actually looked good with all breeds and had matching pupils. Scattersights were never a good investment. [/quote] You don't seem to know how investing in retired items works? First of all if they released a different kind of elemental eye it wouldn't have tanked the price of primals. They MIGHT have lost a bit of popularity but there would always be people who wanted primal. Secondly if people can't put value in retired items on this site what can they invest in? That's just how pet sites work man
Mystiek wrote on 2021-05-08 14:57:44:
Quote:
Also this is coming from someone who was around for the original eye update, and collects old dragons so basically none of mine have updated eyes since the scatter-sights had such bad odds, I'd use the odd one here or there to try and get a different eye tint but that was about it. But I didn't cry about it for 3 years. What I did do is grind and invest in scattersights as staff led us to believe for 3 years that breeding was going to be the only mechanism for the original eyes and future eyes may be released in vials like the glowing etc. So yes I'm salty that staff have made this mechanic completely redundant and slashed my savings that I use towards other parts of the site that I enjoy, but you know what I am allowed to be salty about it.

Why would invest in an item? Staff said we would be getting more eye types what if we had gotten a new elemental exclusive eye type that tanked the value of primal, you still would’ve lost all that “investment” scattersights were never a solid investment we were confirmed to be getting new eye types in the future and for all you knew we could’ve gotten 3 new flight special eye types that made current primals look ugly. Or another mult eyed eye type that actually looked good with all breeds and had matching pupils. Scattersights were never a good investment.

You don't seem to know how investing in retired items works? First of all if they released a different kind of elemental eye it wouldn't have tanked the price of primals. They MIGHT have lost a bit of popularity but there would always be people who wanted primal.

Secondly if people can't put value in retired items on this site what can they invest in? That's just how pet sites work man
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
[quote name="Shougoney" date="2021-05-08 03:56:02" ] I was really active here but since the eye update, I didn't play at all Just looked at some forums here and there I thought about just leaving permanently and as of now, I do think that's just what I will do The game isn't really fun to me anymore [/quote] for some reason after the eye update i’ve been really unmotivated to play i feel the same as you but i’m not going leave permantaly, but it’s not as fun anymore. also, i just can’t afford anything either, which is irritating
Shougoney wrote on 2021-05-08 03:56:02:
I was really active here but since the eye update, I didn't play at all
Just looked at some forums here and there

I thought about just leaving permanently and as of now, I do think that's just what I will do

The game isn't really fun to me anymore

for some reason after the eye update i’ve been really unmotivated to play
i feel the same as you but i’m not going leave permantaly,
but
it’s not as fun anymore.
also, i just can’t afford anything either, which is irritating
rHxG0s7.pngY5ILoot.png kaz | they/he/she | gay ace
lately i’ve been forgetful and unfocused, please ping me again if i didn’t respond!
[quote name="Altariel" date="2021-05-08 15:06:08" ] [quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-05-08 14:57:44" ] [quote] Also this is coming from someone who was around for the original eye update, and collects old dragons so basically none of mine have updated eyes since the scatter-sights had such bad odds, I'd use the odd one here or there to try and get a different eye tint but that was about it. But I didn't cry about it for 3 years. What I did do is grind and invest in scattersights as staff led us to believe for 3 years that breeding was going to be the only mechanism for the original eyes and future eyes may be released in vials like the glowing etc. So yes I'm salty that staff have made this mechanic completely redundant and slashed my savings that I use towards other parts of the site that I enjoy, but you know what I am allowed to be salty about it.[/quote] Why would invest in an item? Staff said we would be getting more eye types what if we had gotten a new elemental exclusive eye type that tanked the value of primal, you still would’ve lost all that “investment” scattersights were never a solid investment we were confirmed to be getting new eye types in the future and for all you knew we could’ve gotten 3 new flight special eye types that made current primals look ugly. Or another mult eyed eye type that actually looked good with all breeds and had matching pupils. Scattersights were never a good investment. [/quote] Why do people invest in UMA? Why do people invest in Sprites? Why do people invest in eggs? Why do people invest in anything? People have been investing in items on this site since the get go, and most games people invest in something. We knew we were getting new eye's but we were never lead to believe those were going to be the same as the ones they initially released 3 years ago that were breeding exclusive. Even if they released new ones that were similar to primal, they wouldn't have been the exact same and some people may like the newer version or the older version so scatter-sights would have still had a purpose for getting those old eyes. Instead staff went back on their word and made them redundant, even though they didn't un-retire them. I used them to fund some of my oldies collection, and I feel bad for people who I traded them too as this update made them useless. Getting real tired of being told it was a gamble or not a sound investment and that its my own fault if I got screwed over. Just let people vent and be upset about staff taking 3 years to change something they should have addressed from the get go instead of keeping quiet about it for 3 years and letting it become a fixed feature. I wouldn't even have minded if they brought the scatter-sights back in roundsey like they do with the occasional sprite, at least then they would have kept their purpose and some value, but now why would I or someone take a minuscule chance of getting a rare eye from a scatter-sight when you can just buy the exact eye you want? [/quote] Also this is the first time staff has released an item that rendered a retired item redundant. They've compromised up until this point with recolors, reintroducing items in tiny numbers with roundsey, or , yes that's right, useing the dreaded RNG in joxar boxes. At no other time have they just straight up used a technicality to destroy the value of a retired item like this. It will never rise to what it was worth before consumable or not. It was the equivalent of rendering scatter scrolls worthless by realeseing a scroll for every color on the wheel. Scatterscrolls would be a novelty item not worth it to %99 of the user base.
Altariel wrote on 2021-05-08 15:06:08:
Mystiek wrote on 2021-05-08 14:57:44:
Quote:
Also this is coming from someone who was around for the original eye update, and collects old dragons so basically none of mine have updated eyes since the scatter-sights had such bad odds, I'd use the odd one here or there to try and get a different eye tint but that was about it. But I didn't cry about it for 3 years. What I did do is grind and invest in scattersights as staff led us to believe for 3 years that breeding was going to be the only mechanism for the original eyes and future eyes may be released in vials like the glowing etc. So yes I'm salty that staff have made this mechanic completely redundant and slashed my savings that I use towards other parts of the site that I enjoy, but you know what I am allowed to be salty about it.

Why would invest in an item? Staff said we would be getting more eye types what if we had gotten a new elemental exclusive eye type that tanked the value of primal, you still would’ve lost all that “investment” scattersights were never a solid investment we were confirmed to be getting new eye types in the future and for all you knew we could’ve gotten 3 new flight special eye types that made current primals look ugly. Or another mult eyed eye type that actually looked good with all breeds and had matching pupils. Scattersights were never a good investment.

Why do people invest in UMA? Why do people invest in Sprites? Why do people invest in eggs? Why do people invest in anything? People have been investing in items on this site since the get go, and most games people invest in something.

We knew we were getting new eye's but we were never lead to believe those were going to be the same as the ones they initially released 3 years ago that were breeding exclusive. Even if they released new ones that were similar to primal, they wouldn't have been the exact same and some people may like the newer version or the older version so scatter-sights would have still had a purpose for getting those old eyes. Instead staff went back on their word and made them redundant, even though they didn't un-retire them. I used them to fund some of my oldies collection, and I feel bad for people who I traded them too as this update made them useless.

Getting real tired of being told it was a gamble or not a sound investment and that its my own fault if I got screwed over. Just let people vent and be upset about staff taking 3 years to change something they should have addressed from the get go instead of keeping quiet about it for 3 years and letting it become a fixed feature. I wouldn't even have minded if they brought the scatter-sights back in roundsey like they do with the occasional sprite, at least then they would have kept their purpose and some value, but now why would I or someone take a minuscule chance of getting a rare eye from a scatter-sight when you can just buy the exact eye you want?
Also this is the first time staff has released an item that rendered a retired item redundant. They've compromised up until this point with recolors, reintroducing items in tiny numbers with roundsey, or , yes that's right, useing the dreaded RNG in joxar boxes.

At no other time have they just straight up used a technicality to destroy the value of a retired item like this. It will never rise to what it was worth before consumable or not.

It was the equivalent of rendering scatter scrolls worthless by realeseing a scroll for every color on the wheel. Scatterscrolls would be a novelty item not worth it to %99 of the user base.
This whole thing was totally avoidable. A) Added (fun) RNG. Cool idea, sudden & flawed implementation B) Angered half the userbase, new userbase slowly got used to it (hi that's me) C) New update. .....3 Years too late. D) Removing challenge, even if the original was flawed, from the game that suffers from a lack to begin with. E) Userbase now at each other's throats because casual vs. competitive has been established and competitive is being overruled by the majority who now favor in removing the mechanic, "elitist" is being thrown around for no reason F) Staff remains silent with the impending dramastorm because any move they now make will cause more chaos ... [img]https://i.imgur.com/ur5WHWT.png[/img]
This whole thing was totally avoidable.

A) Added (fun) RNG. Cool idea, sudden & flawed implementation

B) Angered half the userbase, new userbase slowly got used to it (hi that's me)

C) New update. .....3 Years too late.

D) Removing challenge, even if the original was flawed, from the game that suffers from a lack to begin with.

E) Userbase now at each other's throats because casual vs. competitive has been established and competitive is being overruled by the majority who now favor in removing the mechanic, "elitist" is being thrown around for no reason

F) Staff remains silent with the impending dramastorm because any move they now make will cause more chaos

ur5WHWT.png
This is not the first time staff unretired something or gone against their word. Scrying workshop never would’ve existed, joxars spare inventory, Roundsey prizes.

This isn’t the first time nor will it be the last.
This is not the first time staff unretired something or gone against their word. Scrying workshop never would’ve existed, joxars spare inventory, Roundsey prizes.

4xTBSTZ.png
Okay, but why are you fighting for them, then? Because you like the update?
Let people be angry. I'm not saying riot on the staff, but you're blaming people for being reasonably upset for a radical change that didn't have to be as radical. It's the same with the OG Eyepocalypse. The fact that we're even having these forum posts means that it affected a significant portion of people, majority or no.

I am happy the update exists in some way, yes, but you don't have the right to tell people that they aren't allowed to be upset when the trust has eroded a second time. They really have to stop throwing us under the bus.

Why favor one playstyle over the other? The Repocalypse didn't have to happen this way. They did it the easiest, and most extreme way they could find which made a lot of people happy but understandably upset others. It be like that, but also.... anyone could've seen this coming. They gotta communicate. They didn't, for whatever reason. Could've been a good reason; I don't know. Their call, but still. Was possibly fueled by how this community seems to be so divided, but I personally think not commenting on it has made it much worse than it needed to be.

I don't envy them for having to cater to a bunch of wildly differing players' needs, but at the same time you definitely could have seen this coming that some people LIKED the system (or at least differentiating) because everyone plays differently.

FR staff, like I've been saying for a while: please implement some kind of different challenge or thing to collect soon, because otherwise this portion of the population is going to get pretty upset and leave. The toggleable changelog would do wonders for now to keep Primal hatching fun.

Godspeed.
Okay, but why are you fighting for them, then? Because you like the update?
Let people be angry. I'm not saying riot on the staff, but you're blaming people for being reasonably upset for a radical change that didn't have to be as radical. It's the same with the OG Eyepocalypse. The fact that we're even having these forum posts means that it affected a significant portion of people, majority or no.

I am happy the update exists in some way, yes, but you don't have the right to tell people that they aren't allowed to be upset when the trust has eroded a second time. They really have to stop throwing us under the bus.

Why favor one playstyle over the other? The Repocalypse didn't have to happen this way. They did it the easiest, and most extreme way they could find which made a lot of people happy but understandably upset others. It be like that, but also.... anyone could've seen this coming. They gotta communicate. They didn't, for whatever reason. Could've been a good reason; I don't know. Their call, but still. Was possibly fueled by how this community seems to be so divided, but I personally think not commenting on it has made it much worse than it needed to be.

I don't envy them for having to cater to a bunch of wildly differing players' needs, but at the same time you definitely could have seen this coming that some people LIKED the system (or at least differentiating) because everyone plays differently.

FR staff, like I've been saying for a while: please implement some kind of different challenge or thing to collect soon, because otherwise this portion of the population is going to get pretty upset and leave. The toggleable changelog would do wonders for now to keep Primal hatching fun.

Godspeed.
[quote name="Mystiek" date="2021-05-08 15:21:18" ] This is not the first time staff unretired something or gone against their word. Scrying workshop never would’ve existed, joxars spare inventory, Roundsey prizes. This isn’t the first time nor will it be the last. [/quote] Somebody quote me because I literally just explained why this time was different.
Mystiek wrote on 2021-05-08 15:21:18:

Somebody quote me because I literally just explained why this time was different.
[quote name="Mercurythewolf" date="2021-05-08 15:14:17" ] [quote name="Shougoney" date="2021-05-08 03:56:02" ] I was really active here but since the eye update, I didn't play at all Just looked at some forums here and there I thought about just leaving permanently and as of now, I do think that's just what I will do The game isn't really fun to me anymore [/quote] for some reason after the eye update i’ve been really unmotivated to play i feel the same as you but i’m not going leave permantaly, but it’s not as fun anymore. also, i just can’t afford anything either, which is irritating [/quote] Yeah feels really bad overall but it's good to see others feel the same And exactly, not being able to afford stuff sucks I only hoarded all those Scattersights to eventually sell them and finally start saving towards a Light Sprite If you were not a player from day 1, it's so hard to get the old items And if you don't have the time to hit the coli regularly (or if you just cannot take how boring it is), you don't have so many chances to save up Investing in retired items and selling them later was my way to have some savings to gather Sprites and now that's gone too This way, FR caters towards players who were there from the start and those who can throw either a large amount of money or time into the site (guess that does make sense from an economic point of view) I hatched so many nests since the eye update and only recently I had my first Primal and I was so hyped I kept her despite her being from a fodder pair, I was so delighted Now Primals feel just like a gem gene: pretty, but you can slap it on every dragon if you save a bit up... you don't even need as much So now the fun of breeding is reduced so much and on top of that, staff went back on their words and investing into anything is a gamble from now on bc you never know when they are going to throw some cheap sprites on the marketplace and come up with some wonky explanation
Mercurythewolf wrote on 2021-05-08 15:14:17:
Shougoney wrote on 2021-05-08 03:56:02:
I was really active here but since the eye update, I didn't play at all
Just looked at some forums here and there

I thought about just leaving permanently and as of now, I do think that's just what I will do

The game isn't really fun to me anymore

for some reason after the eye update i’ve been really unmotivated to play
i feel the same as you but i’m not going leave permantaly,
but
it’s not as fun anymore.
also, i just can’t afford anything either, which is irritating

Yeah feels really bad overall but it's good to see others feel the same

And exactly, not being able to afford stuff sucks
I only hoarded all those Scattersights to eventually sell them and finally start saving towards a Light Sprite
If you were not a player from day 1, it's so hard to get the old items
And if you don't have the time to hit the coli regularly (or if you just cannot take how boring it is), you don't have so many chances to save up
Investing in retired items and selling them later was my way to have some savings to gather Sprites and now that's gone too

This way, FR caters towards players who were there from the start and those who can throw either a large amount of money or time into the site (guess that does make sense from an economic point of view)

I hatched so many nests since the eye update and only recently I had my first Primal and I was so hyped
I kept her despite her being from a fodder pair, I was so delighted
Now Primals feel just like a gem gene: pretty, but you can slap it on every dragon if you save a bit up... you don't even need as much

So now the fun of breeding is reduced so much and on top of that, staff went back on their words and investing into anything is a gamble from now on bc you never know when they are going to throw some cheap sprites on the marketplace and come up with some wonky explanation

qR6otwA.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 13 14