Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rainy Days IC OPEN!
1 2 3
Rhea very dramatically sighed, her chin resting in her hands as she sat on a sidewalk in Silverdrop with Kit.
"You smell like wet dog. You know that?" Rhea sighed, reaching out to pat Kit's head. She seemed disinterested. "If you step in another puddle you need a bath before you touch me. Actually, you need a bath anyways. What do you wanna do today, Kit? Go cause havoc in the meadow, perhaps?"
The dog huffed and lied down, resting her chin on the pavement. Rhea took that as a no, but stood up herself anyways. She gestured vaguely and walked off, trusting Kit would stand up and follow eventually (and she did, shaking out her fur and spiked collar that she wasn't the biggest fan of, but Rhea liked, and started trailing her towards the meadow).
Rhea very dramatically sighed, her chin resting in her hands as she sat on a sidewalk in Silverdrop with Kit.
"You smell like wet dog. You know that?" Rhea sighed, reaching out to pat Kit's head. She seemed disinterested. "If you step in another puddle you need a bath before you touch me. Actually, you need a bath anyways. What do you wanna do today, Kit? Go cause havoc in the meadow, perhaps?"
The dog huffed and lied down, resting her chin on the pavement. Rhea took that as a no, but stood up herself anyways. She gestured vaguely and walked off, trusting Kit would stand up and follow eventually (and she did, shaking out her fur and spiked collar that she wasn't the biggest fan of, but Rhea liked, and started trailing her towards the meadow).
Feline Triskull - alyssa
- they/she/he
- art (instagram link)
- wishlist
- profile dragon
"Great!" Tal chirped. He turned around towards Cyra and resumed his path towards the pond. As it turns out it was only a short walk away. "Here's the spot!" He called, waving his hand in the air.

Tal set the basket down and opened it up, pulling out a blanket which he set on the ground. It would protect anyone sitting from the mud, although Tal didn't really mind getting dirty. He began pulling food out of the basket; an assortment of sandwiches, wrapped bowls of fruit, and a few candy bars. He grinned over at Ven. "This should be a lot better than your puddle!"
"Great!" Tal chirped. He turned around towards Cyra and resumed his path towards the pond. As it turns out it was only a short walk away. "Here's the spot!" He called, waving his hand in the air.

Tal set the basket down and opened it up, pulling out a blanket which he set on the ground. It would protect anyone sitting from the mud, although Tal didn't really mind getting dirty. He began pulling food out of the basket; an assortment of sandwiches, wrapped bowls of fruit, and a few candy bars. He grinned over at Ven. "This should be a lot better than your puddle!"
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Kyo tucked his game pad into his bag as Jo introduced themselves. They seemed pretty friendly. Kyo dusted the tree dust off of his knees and ran his hand through his colorful hair. "For sure! I think this type of weather is the best. Plus, having no school is a plus!" He chuckled.

"So, what brings you out to the forest?" Kyo said, looking up at them. He was used to having to look up at people because of his height, so it didn't hurt his neck as much anymore.
Kyo tucked his game pad into his bag as Jo introduced themselves. They seemed pretty friendly. Kyo dusted the tree dust off of his knees and ran his hand through his colorful hair. "For sure! I think this type of weather is the best. Plus, having no school is a plus!" He chuckled.

"So, what brings you out to the forest?" Kyo said, looking up at them. He was used to having to look up at people because of his height, so it didn't hurt his neck as much anymore.
pOlOyp4.png 5BsilZ9.png
v2PJF9u.png
HJLIYn4.png
Dishwater-sig.png
The pond was certainly much better than the puddle, Venali thought. Immediately, he noticed the birds, the frogs, the wildlife that lived there, completely uncaring about what they were doing.

"This is a beautiful place," he remarked, looking around. A familiar bird landed near him, just in the grass. Venali hardly needed to look to see it was Albin, his closest friend and favourite crow.

Albin was a lot like most other crows, especially in appearance. To Venali, though, he was the closest thing to a brother the elf could hope to have. For this particular crow, it wasn't uncommon for him to appear with little warning wherever Ven was. This was different from any of the other birds that the elf had met, though he wasn't one to complain. He always welcomed a friendly presence.

"Of course you show up when there's food," he passively told the bird. Ven usually kept jerky just inside one of his pockets, though he didn't move to get it. He would probably just give the crow a few bites of his sandwich, rather than going through that extra effort. Still, he didn't move to eat first. That might be considered impolite, and the elf didn't quite have a grasp on the customs of humans yet. He waited to see what everyone else would do first.
The pond was certainly much better than the puddle, Venali thought. Immediately, he noticed the birds, the frogs, the wildlife that lived there, completely uncaring about what they were doing.

"This is a beautiful place," he remarked, looking around. A familiar bird landed near him, just in the grass. Venali hardly needed to look to see it was Albin, his closest friend and favourite crow.

Albin was a lot like most other crows, especially in appearance. To Venali, though, he was the closest thing to a brother the elf could hope to have. For this particular crow, it wasn't uncommon for him to appear with little warning wherever Ven was. This was different from any of the other birds that the elf had met, though he wasn't one to complain. He always welcomed a friendly presence.

"Of course you show up when there's food," he passively told the bird. Ven usually kept jerky just inside one of his pockets, though he didn't move to get it. He would probably just give the crow a few bites of his sandwich, rather than going through that extra effort. Still, he didn't move to eat first. That might be considered impolite, and the elf didn't quite have a grasp on the customs of humans yet. He waited to see what everyone else would do first.
I'm a pansexual with she/her pronouns. I don't mind a message or a ping! Timezone is +1 FR time.
Currently: Grew UP in the French court, oui oui bonjour, life was a chore so...
Tal reached town to pic up two sandwiches. He wasn't exactly sure what Ven and Cyra would like, so he grabbed the most simple ones. Buttered bread with thin slices of turkey, a leaf of lettuce and a few tomatoes, simple yet delicious.

He offered them out to the two. "I'm not really sure what you'd like, so feel free to put if back to switch it out." He grinned again after handing them out and picked up a sandwich for himself. He unwrapped it and sat down, taking a bite. He patted the blanket, offering the two to sit down.
Tal reached town to pic up two sandwiches. He wasn't exactly sure what Ven and Cyra would like, so he grabbed the most simple ones. Buttered bread with thin slices of turkey, a leaf of lettuce and a few tomatoes, simple yet delicious.

He offered them out to the two. "I'm not really sure what you'd like, so feel free to put if back to switch it out." He grinned again after handing them out and picked up a sandwich for himself. He unwrapped it and sat down, taking a bite. He patted the blanket, offering the two to sit down.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
“Yeah, it’s really nice to be off for a little while,” they said.

It still did feel a bit strange they were out of high school and onto college in a few weeks... They weren’t entirely sure how they felt about being gone, their emotions around it just being a mess. They hadn’t enjoyed it entirely while there, but they did
miss it a bit now that they were gone. Regardless, they didn’t have to worry about that too much at the moment. It was summer, and that meant that they didn’t have any assignments to worry about.

Jo shrugged, hearing Kyo’s question, “I like the smell that the forest gives off after the rain. Plus, it’s quite nice to get outside and explore for a while.”
“Yeah, it’s really nice to be off for a little while,” they said.

It still did feel a bit strange they were out of high school and onto college in a few weeks... They weren’t entirely sure how they felt about being gone, their emotions around it just being a mess. They hadn’t enjoyed it entirely while there, but they did
miss it a bit now that they were gone. Regardless, they didn’t have to worry about that too much at the moment. It was summer, and that meant that they didn’t have any assignments to worry about.

Jo shrugged, hearing Kyo’s question, “I like the smell that the forest gives off after the rain. Plus, it’s quite nice to get outside and explore for a while.”
| Robbie | he/they/it | minor | fr +0 | still a “tired lad” |
Cyra nodded, taking the sandwich and sitting down. The fact that the blanket was flammable was making her nervous. The fact that she was in such close proximity with water was making her nervous. Her eyes scanned the pond and the crow, worry warring with fear for a couple seconds before she shoved those emotions down again. But still.. she eyed the crow warily.

Please, please, please don't come any closer you very flammable poultry.

"It is very pretty," She mumbled, fiddling with the choker around her neck. She caught sight of some water lilies and nodded at them. "Those have always been my mom's favorite. She always takes them home and plants them."

Cyra internally winced as she remembered the couple times she has burned down the flower garden, but waved that worry away as well and took a bite of her sandwich. It was good, and probably outshined the chocolate bar and can of beans that she would have eaten had she not bumped Tal. She resumed fiddling with her choker, waiting for someone else to speak.

Cyra nodded, taking the sandwich and sitting down. The fact that the blanket was flammable was making her nervous. The fact that she was in such close proximity with water was making her nervous. Her eyes scanned the pond and the crow, worry warring with fear for a couple seconds before she shoved those emotions down again. But still.. she eyed the crow warily.

Please, please, please don't come any closer you very flammable poultry.

"It is very pretty," She mumbled, fiddling with the choker around her neck. She caught sight of some water lilies and nodded at them. "Those have always been my mom's favorite. She always takes them home and plants them."

Cyra internally winced as she remembered the couple times she has burned down the flower garden, but waved that worry away as well and took a bite of her sandwich. It was good, and probably outshined the chocolate bar and can of beans that she would have eaten had she not bumped Tal. She resumed fiddling with her choker, waiting for someone else to speak.

~ call me minty, ean, or sunny

~ she/they! biromantic!!

~ I have a lore shop, if you wanted to check it out
Kyo nodded vigorously, agreeing with Jo. "I totallyyyyy agree. But I mostly come out here to game. You are welcome to join me if you want!" Kyo bent down and felt the ground. It was still a little muddy from last night's rain, but he wasn't afraid to get dirty. "We can sit on the ground if you are uncomfortable with climbing the tree. Or you can just keep doing what you were doing, that's totally cool too!" Kyo smiled.
Kyo nodded vigorously, agreeing with Jo. "I totallyyyyy agree. But I mostly come out here to game. You are welcome to join me if you want!" Kyo bent down and felt the ground. It was still a little muddy from last night's rain, but he wasn't afraid to get dirty. "We can sit on the ground if you are uncomfortable with climbing the tree. Or you can just keep doing what you were doing, that's totally cool too!" Kyo smiled.
pOlOyp4.png 5BsilZ9.png
v2PJF9u.png
HJLIYn4.png
Dishwater-sig.png
1 2 3