Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Reset?
1 2
@Naeryl @Bananyan @Lonin
thanks for further clarification !
@Naeryl @Bananyan @Lonin
thanks for further clarification !
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
@Naeryl @Lonin @Welgan This isn't strictly true: [quote] If you wish to cancel your account, you can do so by accessing our platform or contacting us for assistance with the process. Our email is included at the end of the privacy policy.[/quote] FR doesn't delete accounts as a matter of course, but the Choices section of the privacy policy contains the above (don't know when it was added) and anyone in a country covered by GDPR has the right to request their account be deleted, and the same section references this: [quote]Users covered under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or similar laws) have the right to access their data, rectify mistakes, erase their data, restrict certain processing (i.e., opt out), move their data, withdraw consent, and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.[/quote] It's certainly not intended as a 'remake my account' option, but it's not correct to say that accounts cannot/will never be deleted.
@Naeryl @Lonin @Welgan
This isn't strictly true:
Quote:
If you wish to cancel your account, you can do so by accessing our platform or contacting us for assistance with the process. Our email is included at the end of the privacy policy.

FR doesn't delete accounts as a matter of course, but the Choices section of the privacy policy contains the above (don't know when it was added) and anyone in a country covered by GDPR has the right to request their account be deleted, and the same section references this:
Quote:
Users covered under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (or similar laws) have the right to access their data, rectify mistakes, erase their data, restrict certain processing (i.e., opt out), move their data, withdraw consent, and lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.

It's certainly not intended as a 'remake my account' option, but it's not correct to say that accounts cannot/will never be deleted.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png
Alright thanks you guys, ill be honest that thia ia the first sight I know of in which you can't delete you account at will. I'll keep all this in mind, thank you all again!
Alright thanks you guys, ill be honest that thia ia the first sight I know of in which you can't delete you account at will. I'll keep all this in mind, thank you all again!
@Vendrus
When was that added? I remember several people reaching out to support and being told they couldn't get an account locked.

edit-
Found it in Privacy Policy (so could very well have been there from the beginning), the main thread I had in mind was this one which I didn't even know was almost a year ago. Time is fake, it feels like 4 months ago I saw this one. But, here is a mod post from about six months ago also stating staff don't delete accounts.
@Vendrus
When was that added? I remember several people reaching out to support and being told they couldn't get an account locked.

edit-
Found it in Privacy Policy (so could very well have been there from the beginning), the main thread I had in mind was this one which I didn't even know was almost a year ago. Time is fake, it feels like 4 months ago I saw this one. But, here is a mod post from about six months ago also stating staff don't delete accounts.
fo11Vhp.png
@Naeryl
Augh where did the time go, help
I wouldn't rely on mods to be completely up to date - the GDPR deletion option has been around for quite a long time now, and they're not staff. Staff might well refuse outside of that situation though.
@Naeryl
Augh where did the time go, help
I wouldn't rely on mods to be completely up to date - the GDPR deletion option has been around for quite a long time now, and they're not staff. Staff might well refuse outside of that situation though.
@Vendrus
Haha wait, I have found a thing to go hand in hand with another thing. The more you know.
@Vendrus
Haha wait, I have found a thing to go hand in hand with another thing. The more you know.
fo11Vhp.png
@Naeryl
Huh. Guess the first bit I posted is just a 'here's where to go to get rejected' lmao.
@Naeryl
Huh. Guess the first bit I posted is just a 'here's where to go to get rejected' lmao.
@Vendrus @Naeryl

Thanks a lot for the clarifications and researches !
@Vendrus @Naeryl

Thanks a lot for the clarifications and researches !
hFReKIw.png Visit us at Ogrenat clan, we have mages and airships !
Welgan
Ae / They
FR+9 (French)
1 2