Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [FIX] Potions Disappearing
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I'm glad I found out this had been fixed before going to use coli. I do think some advanced warning would have been appreciated though.

to those complaining about them being used up...this has always been a bug that they have been meaning to fix...I recommend getting the "aid" battle-stone ability for at least one of the dragons in your fighting team (if they're high enough level)...it's like healing potions, but it's renewable, and it scales up in amount of heal available as your dragon levels. You do have to charge it with breath, but if you use it wisely, you won't have to use nearly as many health potions.
I'm glad I found out this had been fixed before going to use coli. I do think some advanced warning would have been appreciated though.

to those complaining about them being used up...this has always been a bug that they have been meaning to fix...I recommend getting the "aid" battle-stone ability for at least one of the dragons in your fighting team (if they're high enough level)...it's like healing potions, but it's renewable, and it scales up in amount of heal available as your dragon levels. You do have to charge it with breath, but if you use it wisely, you won't have to use nearly as many health potions.
NOTE: Dergs in my lair with scries are just ideas, & are subject to change/not final.
nZJa3n3.png
Really wish I had clicked on this topic before I had hit the coliseum tonight, as it took me far too long to figure out my potions were going (thank god I was leveling new dragons, so were only using minor potions, but still burnt through 40+).

My thoughts echo those above (to add an extra number behind them) about the lack of information on this. Yes, knew this day was coming, however would had hoped it had come AFTER fixing the major bug of the coliseum: the freezing/lag. It seemed like only a fair compensation for being forced to use only melee attacks for many users, especially since (as far as I know) there has been no update on what part of the process the team is in regarding this. Even a 'we don't know' would be nice.

So, changing the game play of the coliseum, once again. Shame its several hours too late for my horde stash...
Really wish I had clicked on this topic before I had hit the coliseum tonight, as it took me far too long to figure out my potions were going (thank god I was leveling new dragons, so were only using minor potions, but still burnt through 40+).

My thoughts echo those above (to add an extra number behind them) about the lack of information on this. Yes, knew this day was coming, however would had hoped it had come AFTER fixing the major bug of the coliseum: the freezing/lag. It seemed like only a fair compensation for being forced to use only melee attacks for many users, especially since (as far as I know) there has been no update on what part of the process the team is in regarding this. Even a 'we don't know' would be nice.

So, changing the game play of the coliseum, once again. Shame its several hours too late for my horde stash...
I'm extremely new to this game ((I joined in the last registration)) and as I played the coli multiple times I just assumed it was the norm for potions you use to refresh, I was told in no way that it was a bug that was going to be fixed and I assumed I might have sold the potions I had.
So I spent all my treasure savings on major potions in the AH thinking I needed more because of my stupid mistake... tho sadly I used them all thinking they would reset.. alas they did not.. I must say no word of warning really shocked me and I had no idea it was going to happen.. a little bit of communication goes a long way... especially after an influx of new players who are still getting used to the mechanics of the game.

suffice to say I am disappointed I was not informed after spending all my treasure and wasting it.
I'm extremely new to this game ((I joined in the last registration)) and as I played the coli multiple times I just assumed it was the norm for potions you use to refresh, I was told in no way that it was a bug that was going to be fixed and I assumed I might have sold the potions I had.
So I spent all my treasure savings on major potions in the AH thinking I needed more because of my stupid mistake... tho sadly I used them all thinking they would reset.. alas they did not.. I must say no word of warning really shocked me and I had no idea it was going to happen.. a little bit of communication goes a long way... especially after an influx of new players who are still getting used to the mechanics of the game.

suffice to say I am disappointed I was not informed after spending all my treasure and wasting it.
I too just joined and spent quite a bit of treasure in the AH to buy potions. On top of that, I couldn't begin to tell you how much I spent in the marketplace. I was trying to obtain enough to be able to get through the coliseum without having to close it out and restart it multiple times.

It stuns me to learn that this poor communication is not just a one time issue, but one which occurred with familiars. This has not made a good impression on me and I have to assume that all of the other newbies who have used the coliseum would feel the same way. Someone mentioned how it would blindside people. It certainly did me.

The front page has a news section. It would take only a few minutes to make a news announcement that this would be happening on such and such a date and time. We could get notifications of the news release in our alerts. Would this have been such a difficult thing to do?

IMHO a fair and equitable way to handle this would be to return the potions people lost. And please bring back the major health potions which I purchased but never used. That way people will be able to use them at their discretion.

Also please make the health potions and major health potions readily available in the marketplace instead of only a handful a day as it was before. I saw the announcement that the prices have been changed, but I have yet to see any potions in the marketplace to know how equitable that price change has been. Plus if something is going to be one use only, then please don't make it so difficult to obtain that it becomes the proverbial needle in the haystack.

It doesn't make up for the horribly expensive cost many of us spent in the AH to purchase the potions, but it at least would alleviate some of the frustration and give us (or at least me) the sense that you really will rectify your mistakes and consider your user base.

Many of us spend time on other sites and donate real money on other sites. I've donated a considerable amount of money on another site I frequent and would probably do that here IF it was worthwhile and I felt that the concerns and well being of the user base were being considered and addressed. Again - this has not left a good impression and I'm just waiting and watching to see how it is handled. I truly hope that it is managed in a fair and just manner.

Thank you.
I too just joined and spent quite a bit of treasure in the AH to buy potions. On top of that, I couldn't begin to tell you how much I spent in the marketplace. I was trying to obtain enough to be able to get through the coliseum without having to close it out and restart it multiple times.

It stuns me to learn that this poor communication is not just a one time issue, but one which occurred with familiars. This has not made a good impression on me and I have to assume that all of the other newbies who have used the coliseum would feel the same way. Someone mentioned how it would blindside people. It certainly did me.

The front page has a news section. It would take only a few minutes to make a news announcement that this would be happening on such and such a date and time. We could get notifications of the news release in our alerts. Would this have been such a difficult thing to do?

IMHO a fair and equitable way to handle this would be to return the potions people lost. And please bring back the major health potions which I purchased but never used. That way people will be able to use them at their discretion.

Also please make the health potions and major health potions readily available in the marketplace instead of only a handful a day as it was before. I saw the announcement that the prices have been changed, but I have yet to see any potions in the marketplace to know how equitable that price change has been. Plus if something is going to be one use only, then please don't make it so difficult to obtain that it becomes the proverbial needle in the haystack.

It doesn't make up for the horribly expensive cost many of us spent in the AH to purchase the potions, but it at least would alleviate some of the frustration and give us (or at least me) the sense that you really will rectify your mistakes and consider your user base.

Many of us spend time on other sites and donate real money on other sites. I've donated a considerable amount of money on another site I frequent and would probably do that here IF it was worthwhile and I felt that the concerns and well being of the user base were being considered and addressed. Again - this has not left a good impression and I'm just waiting and watching to see how it is handled. I truly hope that it is managed in a fair and just manner.

Thank you.
@captaincookie
I joined last registration too, and I did the same thing I spent a ton of money getting just the regular health potions in the AH (I've actually stalked the Marketplace for them and only found them once). Luckily I didn't loose all of my potions and my current team can all use the Aid ability stone. I'm sorry that you lost so much.

But I use the minor health potions as a filler for when I need to get others lower in the queue some breath so I lost a ton of those for basically nothing.
@captaincookie
I joined last registration too, and I did the same thing I spent a ton of money getting just the regular health potions in the AH (I've actually stalked the Marketplace for them and only found them once). Luckily I didn't loose all of my potions and my current team can all use the Aid ability stone. I'm sorry that you lost so much.

But I use the minor health potions as a filler for when I need to get others lower in the queue some breath so I lost a ton of those for basically nothing.
@Barnac
I find the minor potions useless for me atm I die faster then I heal xD so I buy the major health potions.

I now know not to use my potions so quickly and so recklessly xD
@Barnac
I find the minor potions useless for me atm I die faster then I heal xD so I buy the major health potions.

I now know not to use my potions so quickly and so recklessly xD
@captaincookie Yeah past level seven or so they don't heal as much as you're getting hit for. It's like an uphill battle. I decided to bite the bullet and bought two more Aid stones so everyone on my team can heal, which seems to be working so far.
@captaincookie Yeah past level seven or so they don't heal as much as you're getting hit for. It's like an uphill battle. I decided to bite the bullet and bought two more Aid stones so everyone on my team can heal, which seems to be working so far.
@Xhaztol I find it really dumb to not be able to use my potions endlessly. As i know many many fighters rely on their potions returning. I know of 5 friends that often use the coliseum that are now in tears because their potions are like their level up Guarantee. I, and my friends, cannot level up our dragons without our potions retuning and do not have the money to buy new one EVERY time. I do not mean to offend you but the change makes no sense at all. IF the change stays that way then please have potions (ALL of them) in the Treasure Marketplace ALL the time for a much lower price so everyone has a fair chance of leveling up their dragons and fighting in the coliseum.
@Xhaztol I find it really dumb to not be able to use my potions endlessly. As i know many many fighters rely on their potions returning. I know of 5 friends that often use the coliseum that are now in tears because their potions are like their level up Guarantee. I, and my friends, cannot level up our dragons without our potions retuning and do not have the money to buy new one EVERY time. I do not mean to offend you but the change makes no sense at all. IF the change stays that way then please have potions (ALL of them) in the Treasure Marketplace ALL the time for a much lower price so everyone has a fair chance of leveling up their dragons and fighting in the coliseum.
@Barnac

that sounds like a super smart idea xD I may do that
@Barnac

that sounds like a super smart idea xD I may do that
I lost all my major potions, but I'm glad I have a healing dragon. However, that bug was actually kind of a good bug in a way? I actually never knew it was a bug, oops, hahahaha.

This isn't exactly good news to see though; I don't mean to be rude or anything considering all, but I tend to die too much in arenas that are actually my current level without potions, even with a healing dragon, so I'm not happy about the leveling handicap. I'm not exactly a coli-champ at all, but potions disappearing so much with virtually no supply like it is right now is...not a good thing, no.

If the potions aren't stocked (all of them, minor ones are useless in high level arenas) and are more feasible to buy, then Coli just got a lot harder when it comes to leveling. I can hardly make it through Harpy's Roost alive with my current dragon team and that's with potions...so...I'm not sure. I mean, a major health potion is hefty to buy when in large amounts and nothing besides minors are ever stocked from what I see. Like, I haven't seen medium or major potions stocked in the marketplace since I joined. 8'U

And then the auction house potions that are actually useful are over-priced and too expensive to buy. I haven't seen the potions stocked so I don't know the new prices.
I lost all my major potions, but I'm glad I have a healing dragon. However, that bug was actually kind of a good bug in a way? I actually never knew it was a bug, oops, hahahaha.

This isn't exactly good news to see though; I don't mean to be rude or anything considering all, but I tend to die too much in arenas that are actually my current level without potions, even with a healing dragon, so I'm not happy about the leveling handicap. I'm not exactly a coli-champ at all, but potions disappearing so much with virtually no supply like it is right now is...not a good thing, no.

If the potions aren't stocked (all of them, minor ones are useless in high level arenas) and are more feasible to buy, then Coli just got a lot harder when it comes to leveling. I can hardly make it through Harpy's Roost alive with my current dragon team and that's with potions...so...I'm not sure. I mean, a major health potion is hefty to buy when in large amounts and nothing besides minors are ever stocked from what I see. Like, I haven't seen medium or major potions stocked in the marketplace since I joined. 8'U

And then the auction house potions that are actually useful are over-priced and too expensive to buy. I haven't seen the potions stocked so I don't know the new prices.
shadowbinderbanner2_by_moonstalkerwerewolf-d7twzk5.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8