Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Question about Dragon Naming Rules
Howdy! Just a quick question; I feel like I recall there being a rule about not naming dragons in foreign languages, but I'm not seeing anything about that on the Dragon Naming Help Article. Did this change at some point (I've been off FR for like two years) or was it a different site I'm thinking of? xD; I'll be redoing my clan/dragons and wanted to go with a naming theme that would make use of a non-english language. Thanks in advance for reading!
Howdy! Just a quick question; I feel like I recall there being a rule about not naming dragons in foreign languages, but I'm not seeing anything about that on the Dragon Naming Help Article. Did this change at some point (I've been off FR for like two years) or was it a different site I'm thinking of? xD; I'll be redoing my clan/dragons and wanted to go with a naming theme that would make use of a non-english language. Thanks in advance for reading!
he/him only, please
naturebottom.png
@CRT
Probably a different site; I know a lot of people who name dragons after words in non-English languages! Obviously keep in mind the profanity/obscenity rules, though.
@CRT
Probably a different site; I know a lot of people who name dragons after words in non-English languages! Obviously keep in mind the profanity/obscenity rules, though.
fo11Vhp.png
[quote name="CRT" date="2021-03-13 09:36:35" ] Howdy! Just a quick question; I feel like I recall there being a rule about not naming dragons in foreign languages, but I'm not seeing anything about that on the Dragon Naming Help Article. Did this change at some point (I've been off FR for like two years) or was it a different site I'm thinking of? xD; I'll be redoing my clan/dragons and wanted to go with a naming theme that would make use of a non-english language. Thanks in advance for reading! [/quote] You might be thinking of the fact that non-English characters aren't supported by the naming interface. You can't use non-English [i]alphabets[/i] or writing systems, because the coding doesn't allow for that. Nothing about the names themselves, though, you just might have to make compromises for lack of accent marks. [emoji=ridgeback happy size=1]
CRT wrote on 2021-03-13 09:36:35:

You might be thinking of the fact that non-English characters aren't supported by the naming interface. You can't use non-English alphabets or writing systems, because the coding doesn't allow for that. Nothing about the names themselves, though, you just might have to make compromises for lack of accent marks.
@Naeryl: No yeah profanity and such won't be a problem! Thank you for the response, its reassuring to hear its something people do already!

@mothscale: Oooh I actually hadn't thought of that, the language I was planning on uses a lot of accents so thats good to keep in mind. xD Thank you for the heads up!
@Naeryl: No yeah profanity and such won't be a problem! Thank you for the response, its reassuring to hear its something people do already!

@mothscale: Oooh I actually hadn't thought of that, the language I was planning on uses a lot of accents so thats good to keep in mind. xD Thank you for the heads up!
he/him only, please
naturebottom.png
@CRT, if you copy and paste it, it won't go through since it might assume your using accent marks or other complex lettering. If you open the word in another tab and type it in, it might work as long as it's sfw.

@CRT, if you copy and paste it, it won't go through since it might assume your using accent marks or other complex lettering. If you open the word in another tab and type it in, it might work as long as it's sfw.

8v0FNRM.png

• Zan/Sri
• He/Him
• Gay lad

• Art shop

• Artist ~ Role`player
U3NDFbt.png
I use non-English names for my dragons sometimes. Any name is allowed as long as it doesn't contain profanity or anything against FR ToS. It only accepts English characters, so you can't use Chinese, Korean, Thai, Japanese, etc characters. You can't use accented letters either.
I use non-English names for my dragons sometimes. Any name is allowed as long as it doesn't contain profanity or anything against FR ToS. It only accepts English characters, so you can't use Chinese, Korean, Thai, Japanese, etc characters. You can't use accented letters either.
RAQUESIS
she/her | infj-t | fr+0 | xxx breeder
XXX DRAGONS FOR SALE HERE