Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Merlin
1 2 3 4
@Grayven
Exactly! Their relationship was far from perfect (hellooo power difference) but they obviously cared for each other more than the things that would have come between them. The finale? Perfect for that. I admit to not having read/watched many adaptations or versions of Arthurian legends but I can agree that Morgana's character development was well handled. Except that it would have shifted the focus too much I would have liked to see more of her.

I found though that I didn't like Gwen's development too much. I didn't absolutely hate it either just...she was a very distinct, very endearing character at first and then she was suddenly rushed into "perfection."

@Morgana
Glad to see I'm not the only one being influenced that way by the show. Some of my dragons are getting Old English names loosely based off of the spells in Merlin. And never mind my Pokemon White file full of Merlin-named Pokemon. >.>;

@Elvyralani
Gwaine's hair is faaabulous.
@Grayven
Exactly! Their relationship was far from perfect (hellooo power difference) but they obviously cared for each other more than the things that would have come between them. The finale? Perfect for that. I admit to not having read/watched many adaptations or versions of Arthurian legends but I can agree that Morgana's character development was well handled. Except that it would have shifted the focus too much I would have liked to see more of her.

I found though that I didn't like Gwen's development too much. I didn't absolutely hate it either just...she was a very distinct, very endearing character at first and then she was suddenly rushed into "perfection."

@Morgana
Glad to see I'm not the only one being influenced that way by the show. Some of my dragons are getting Old English names loosely based off of the spells in Merlin. And never mind my Pokemon White file full of Merlin-named Pokemon. >.>;

@Elvyralani
Gwaine's hair is faaabulous.
@Emberwolf
I'm tempted to get one of those beard looking dragons thats white/blue and name it Merlin.
Ohh I do that too *guilty* I have a Murkrow named Morgana currently on my HG game I've restarted. I've always been a lover of the legend and then the TV show came out and I was so happy. Have you seen the series where the actors who play Arthur and Merlin try to find out about the real Merlin? They go all over the UK looking at all the things to do with the legend.
@Emberwolf
I'm tempted to get one of those beard looking dragons thats white/blue and name it Merlin.
Ohh I do that too *guilty* I have a Murkrow named Morgana currently on my HG game I've restarted. I've always been a lover of the legend and then the TV show came out and I was so happy. Have you seen the series where the actors who play Arthur and Merlin try to find out about the real Merlin? They go all over the UK looking at all the things to do with the legend.
tumblr_inline_o583arkdsh1tqnsew_500.gif
@Morgana
Ooh you should! It'd be terribly funny.

My White team is: Arthur the Serperior, Merlin the Zebstrika, Leon the Haxorus, Freya the Caracosta, Lance the Krookodile, and Gawain the Braviary. They're not surprisingly a kickass team. And of course I have Gwen as a Deerling and Isolde was something too. Kilgarrah, Emrys, and Aithusa are legendaries. Heh. I am obsessed.

I diiid see that. Speaking of obsessions, I have one for Colin Morgan. They were amusing in that little road trip.
@Morgana
Ooh you should! It'd be terribly funny.

My White team is: Arthur the Serperior, Merlin the Zebstrika, Leon the Haxorus, Freya the Caracosta, Lance the Krookodile, and Gawain the Braviary. They're not surprisingly a kickass team. And of course I have Gwen as a Deerling and Isolde was something too. Kilgarrah, Emrys, and Aithusa are legendaries. Heh. I am obsessed.

I diiid see that. Speaking of obsessions, I have one for Colin Morgan. They were amusing in that little road trip.
@Emberwolf
I'll keep an eye out for one c:

Ohh wow. They sound so cool! I still need to finish white 2 before October comes. I'm one of those people that shall be buying a 3DS just for X, but then saying that, I'd also adore the new Yoshi's island that is coming out soon too.

Same and the fact he is irish xD
I just love those two together. They are best friends so it makes them on set even more awesome. Those two cracked me up in the episodes xD
@Emberwolf
I'll keep an eye out for one c:

Ohh wow. They sound so cool! I still need to finish white 2 before October comes. I'm one of those people that shall be buying a 3DS just for X, but then saying that, I'd also adore the new Yoshi's island that is coming out soon too.

Same and the fact he is irish xD
I just love those two together. They are best friends so it makes them on set even more awesome. Those two cracked me up in the episodes xD
tumblr_inline_o583arkdsh1tqnsew_500.gif
@Morgana
I loooathe the DS series of handhelds. I'm sure I'll find some way to play X or Y though. It looks like it's gonna be a great generation.

Iriiiish indeed. I'm hoping one day someone lets him act in his native accent. He's had to do so many other accents for roles so far. Whenever they're in the same shot together I can't help but grin (y'know, minus the sad scenes) 'cause I end up thinking about their off-camera antics.
@Morgana
I loooathe the DS series of handhelds. I'm sure I'll find some way to play X or Y though. It looks like it's gonna be a great generation.

Iriiiish indeed. I'm hoping one day someone lets him act in his native accent. He's had to do so many other accents for roles so far. Whenever they're in the same shot together I can't help but grin (y'know, minus the sad scenes) 'cause I end up thinking about their off-camera antics.
@Emberwolf
Merlin has made me cry more than any other series. I thought that after watching Doctor Who, I'd never find a show that was so emotionally traumatizing. xD Sherlock was pretty painful too, but I haven't watched Supernatural yet. It's on my list of shows I need to watch.

Haha yeah, it's really hard to pick favorites in that show. I like pretty much everyone except for Morgana (although she's a great villain) and Uther. I lost all faith in Uther after I watched Queen of Hearts... yet I felt so awful when he died. It makes no sense to me. xP It was probably because of how upset Arthur was. I can't handle Bradley James's acting sometimes.
@Emberwolf
Merlin has made me cry more than any other series. I thought that after watching Doctor Who, I'd never find a show that was so emotionally traumatizing. xD Sherlock was pretty painful too, but I haven't watched Supernatural yet. It's on my list of shows I need to watch.

Haha yeah, it's really hard to pick favorites in that show. I like pretty much everyone except for Morgana (although she's a great villain) and Uther. I lost all faith in Uther after I watched Queen of Hearts... yet I felt so awful when he died. It makes no sense to me. xP It was probably because of how upset Arthur was. I can't handle Bradley James's acting sometimes.
@Sheikah
For all I watch Supernatural, Sherlock, and Doctor Who I'd have to say that it's Merlin that put me through the worst wringer. Maybe it was the finality of it, that it's a complete series and whatever happened isn't going to be contested later. Also, people who died in Merlin never truly came back to life. >.> Can't say the same for the other three!

Somehow Uther's death scene managed to get me teary eyed. It's a testament to the show and its strength that it made me almost mourn his death.
@Sheikah
For all I watch Supernatural, Sherlock, and Doctor Who I'd have to say that it's Merlin that put me through the worst wringer. Maybe it was the finality of it, that it's a complete series and whatever happened isn't going to be contested later. Also, people who died in Merlin never truly came back to life. >.> Can't say the same for the other three!

Somehow Uther's death scene managed to get me teary eyed. It's a testament to the show and its strength that it made me almost mourn his death.
Did someone call my name?
Did someone call my name?
newsignature_by_zelanthair-d7hardd.png
@Emberwolf
Ahh, yeah. Supernatural, Sherlock, and Doctor Who are all ongoing, but... Merlin is done forever. It's sort of depressing, especially because of how it ended. The finale makes it feel like Merlin's destiny and everything he did was all for nothing. :c

Yup, they did a really great job with it. That whole episode was probably one of the most moving ones in the whole series.
I just can't handle death scenes in Merlin. They're so painful. Like, I cried like a baby for about thirty minutes when I watched The Darkest Hour. :'D Since I haven't watched the finale yet, I can easily say that the death scene in that one hit me the hardest.
@Emberwolf
Ahh, yeah. Supernatural, Sherlock, and Doctor Who are all ongoing, but... Merlin is done forever. It's sort of depressing, especially because of how it ended. The finale makes it feel like Merlin's destiny and everything he did was all for nothing. :c

Yup, they did a really great job with it. That whole episode was probably one of the most moving ones in the whole series.
I just can't handle death scenes in Merlin. They're so painful. Like, I cried like a baby for about thirty minutes when I watched The Darkest Hour. :'D Since I haven't watched the finale yet, I can easily say that the death scene in that one hit me the hardest.
@Merlin
Ahahaha, hello.

@Sheikah
Let's not talk about The Darkest Hour. Just...it was a masterfully done pair of episodes and I remember just being so sad after it. Especially with the build-up to it, because it was obvious where it was headed and I just wanted to stop it. XP
@Merlin
Ahahaha, hello.

@Sheikah
Let's not talk about The Darkest Hour. Just...it was a masterfully done pair of episodes and I remember just being so sad after it. Especially with the build-up to it, because it was obvious where it was headed and I just wanted to stop it. XP
1 2 3 4