Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Coli help?
1 2
I'm really inexperienced with the coli, but I found out about a glass cannon (???) and I've been using the screenshot to help me so far by emphasizing strength and quickness. I got my party to level 7, but I keep getting my butt kicked now. Am I doing something wrong?
I'm really inexperienced with the coli, but I found out about a glass cannon (???) and I've been using the screenshot to help me so far by emphasizing strength and quickness. I got my party to level 7, but I keep getting my butt kicked now. Am I doing something wrong?
sunny (they/them)
fr+2 I think ?
@sundownlemon

Doing something wrong is a bit harsh, for starters I don't actually know what you're doing other than seeing battle stones and stats.

For glass cannons, I can say it's a bit odd to me seeing different quickness on matching level dragons for a triple glass cannon team. Culex's guide is an old standard and for level 7 dragons recommends 20 quickness and as much strength as possible. The stats would be able to be aligned probably by the next level if you chose to follow the guide.

Next, I don't see any might fragments equipped, so your team has been 2 strength under their potential since level 5.

Something I can't see is which stage visited for battles. From Culex's guide, level 7 dragons go to the Scorched Forest with Eliminate equipped. Level 7 will be rough to get started, but eliminate is too good once a dragon has enough breath to use it. Level 7 without eliminate is definitely going to be harder, same for anything after level 7 without eliminate compared to with. Leveling in stages under the level of a dragon gives an experience penalty, and is slower, but can be easier to manage (the trap is that people might do this all the way to 25 and never have a time efficient stat build).

Some of the rest would be focusing down enemies in the Coliseum, and generally prioritizing melee using enemies before casters, since casters will do no damage their first move. Again, you might be doing fine on that. Just something I can't see.
@sundownlemon

Doing something wrong is a bit harsh, for starters I don't actually know what you're doing other than seeing battle stones and stats.

For glass cannons, I can say it's a bit odd to me seeing different quickness on matching level dragons for a triple glass cannon team. Culex's guide is an old standard and for level 7 dragons recommends 20 quickness and as much strength as possible. The stats would be able to be aligned probably by the next level if you chose to follow the guide.

Next, I don't see any might fragments equipped, so your team has been 2 strength under their potential since level 5.

Something I can't see is which stage visited for battles. From Culex's guide, level 7 dragons go to the Scorched Forest with Eliminate equipped. Level 7 will be rough to get started, but eliminate is too good once a dragon has enough breath to use it. Level 7 without eliminate is definitely going to be harder, same for anything after level 7 without eliminate compared to with. Leveling in stages under the level of a dragon gives an experience penalty, and is slower, but can be easier to manage (the trap is that people might do this all the way to 25 and never have a time efficient stat build).

Some of the rest would be focusing down enemies in the Coliseum, and generally prioritizing melee using enemies before casters, since casters will do no damage their first move. Again, you might be doing fine on that. Just something I can't see.
@sundownlemon
your stats and everything seems mostly fine for the time being, scorched forest is just a really hard venue compared to the other low level ones, so it's usually not a terrible idea to just stay in woodland path a bit longer
@sundownlemon
your stats and everything seems mostly fine for the time being, scorched forest is just a really hard venue compared to the other low level ones, so it's usually not a terrible idea to just stay in woodland path a bit longer
unknown.png
@dagomor thank you for the help!! I'll be sure to follow that guide, as I was mostly going off memory. I'll check to see if I can get some elims, which will hopefully make everything easier.

@skyblaze thank you for the help as well! I've been alternating between scorched forest and woodland path and I'm a little over halfway to level 8 now, but it's much slower.
@dagomor thank you for the help!! I'll be sure to follow that guide, as I was mostly going off memory. I'll check to see if I can get some elims, which will hopefully make everything easier.

@skyblaze thank you for the help as well! I've been alternating between scorched forest and woodland path and I'm a little over halfway to level 8 now, but it's much slower.
sunny (they/them)
fr+2 I think ?
I just checked eliminate prices and wow they're so expensive. You guys buy one for every dragon?
I just checked eliminate prices and wow they're so expensive. You guys buy one for every dragon?
sunny (they/them)
fr+2 I think ?
@sundownlemon
Eliminate is hands down the best stone in the game. You can make ridiculous amounts of money from training fodder and you need an elim for that.
If you can't afford an elim, check your flight's forums to see if Nature has a level 25 rental program or a battle stone bank.

Alternatively, there is this guide which does not need an eliminate but is slower than builds that use one.
@sundownlemon
Eliminate is hands down the best stone in the game. You can make ridiculous amounts of money from training fodder and you need an elim for that.
If you can't afford an elim, check your flight's forums to see if Nature has a level 25 rental program or a battle stone bank.

Alternatively, there is this guide which does not need an eliminate but is slower than builds that use one.
Wxlfiez
they/them | FRT + 3 | Wishlist
11-Headed Primal Emperor Quest
__________________________________ wolfies_shop_sig_button.png
[quote name="sundownlemon" date="2021-03-06 12:47:34" ] I just checked eliminate prices and wow they're so expensive. You guys buy one for every dragon? [/quote] @sundownlemon Yes, but I'm a filthy rich player that's been here a month shy of the grand opening of the game, so it's not quite applicable to a new player experience. (ok, not [i]every[/i] dragon but still I understand that 14 level 25s with eliminate looks like [i]a lot[/i] from the perspective of zero) I like to recommend the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2497014/1#post_2497014]The Data-Based Money Making Guide[/url] for getting early eliminates. The Fairgrounds game Glimmer and Gloom can be learned for earning a quick daily 75,000 treasure, which means 3 eliminates in about 13 days if that was your only income source, but the guide gives other options to speed it up. (admittedly, there is also the cost of ambush and berserker stones) Then you might never need to get eliminates ever again depending on what you focus on in the Coliseum. Or if you do want more, you're set up well with 3 statted and equipped dragons to generate lots more wealth. There aren't any upkeep costs to having trained dragons around besides food, and food is easy to get with Coliseum-ready battlers.
sundownlemon wrote on 2021-03-06 12:47:34:

@sundownlemon

Yes, but I'm a filthy rich player that's been here a month shy of the grand opening of the game, so it's not quite applicable to a new player experience. (ok, not every dragon but still I understand that 14 level 25s with eliminate looks like a lot from the perspective of zero)

I like to recommend the The Data-Based Money Making Guide for getting early eliminates. The Fairgrounds game Glimmer and Gloom can be learned for earning a quick daily 75,000 treasure, which means 3 eliminates in about 13 days if that was your only income source, but the guide gives other options to speed it up. (admittedly, there is also the cost of ambush and berserker stones)

Then you might never need to get eliminates ever again depending on what you focus on in the Coliseum. Or if you do want more, you're set up well with 3 statted and equipped dragons to generate lots more wealth. There aren't any upkeep costs to having trained dragons around besides food, and food is easy to get with Coliseum-ready battlers.
Thank you guys so much for the help! I'll look into those options, wish me luck
Thank you guys so much for the help! I'll look into those options, wish me luck
sunny (they/them)
fr+2 I think ?
@dagomor I'm able to buy one eliminate so I just did. Is it best to equip it to my strongest dragon, or my fastest?
@dagomor I'm able to buy one eliminate so I just did. Is it best to equip it to my strongest dragon, or my fastest?
sunny (they/them)
fr+2 I think ?
@sundownlemon

In a few levels it probably won't matter as everything almost equalizes, but in the meanwhile I'm not sure? It's been so long since I leveled a team that was mismatched, and my recent run through was 3 imperials, so the issue of different strength levels never came up.

My intuitive answer is the strongest dragon, since the stronger a dragon is the more monsters they can get the finishing blow on with eliminate and get the refunded breath. That answer is not backed up by any research or guides.

A lot of this lack of information is that once someone gets a level 25 dragon, that's the most efficient way to level dragons (a level 25 trainer can get 4 dragons to 25 faster than a team of 3 leveling 1 to 25 together), so there hasn't been much incentive to look for how to optimize what you're doing, sorry :\
@sundownlemon

In a few levels it probably won't matter as everything almost equalizes, but in the meanwhile I'm not sure? It's been so long since I leveled a team that was mismatched, and my recent run through was 3 imperials, so the issue of different strength levels never came up.

My intuitive answer is the strongest dragon, since the stronger a dragon is the more monsters they can get the finishing blow on with eliminate and get the refunded breath. That answer is not backed up by any research or guides.

A lot of this lack of information is that once someone gets a level 25 dragon, that's the most efficient way to level dragons (a level 25 trainer can get 4 dragons to 25 faster than a team of 3 leveling 1 to 25 together), so there hasn't been much incentive to look for how to optimize what you're doing, sorry :\
1 2