Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Scifi/Anime/Comic Con-goers
1 2 3
I've been attending cons since I was but a wee thing too young to toddle on my own two feet. As far as plans for now, life has prevented me from going to anything for a little while, but I'm definitely attending Gen Con this year (hopefully with an FR cosplay, too). I'm leaning towards attending Shumastucon as well, since I'm friends with half the staff there. Depending on how life continues to treat me Ohayocon is a possibility as well.
I've been attending cons since I was but a wee thing too young to toddle on my own two feet. As far as plans for now, life has prevented me from going to anything for a little while, but I'm definitely attending Gen Con this year (hopefully with an FR cosplay, too). I'm leaning towards attending Shumastucon as well, since I'm friends with half the staff there. Depending on how life continues to treat me Ohayocon is a possibility as well.
tumblr_inline_nfx4qesxHc1r6zydg.png
[quote name="RhiannynJade" date="2014-06-18 19:35:55"]@TRozok21 that sounds epic![/quote] It's nothing fancy really, but I can pull it off. Got my jacket at a thrift store, made a couple of small touches to it, made a prop out of an old notebook and some Copics and printed off papers. My girlfriends is much more epic, she made everything from scratch essentially, as a Sisters Repentia, from Warhammer 40k as well
RhiannynJade wrote on 2014-06-18 19:35:55:
@TRozok21 that sounds epic!

It's nothing fancy really, but I can pull it off. Got my jacket at a thrift store, made a couple of small touches to it, made a prop out of an old notebook and some Copics and printed off papers. My girlfriends is much more epic, she made everything from scratch essentially, as a Sisters Repentia, from Warhammer 40k as well
Already taken by a sweet girl

FurAffinity|DeviantArt|DragonAdopters Memorial Forum

Xbox LIVE: HotRodimusPrime
Steam/PSN: TRozok21
I've only ever attended NYCC. I mostly just go to buy merch and look at all the cool cosplays. I don't cosplay myself but it's a fun atmosphere to be around. I just wish there were more cons in the New York area but maybe I just don't know about them...? Really want to go to MoCCA Fest some time though...
I've only ever attended NYCC. I mostly just go to buy merch and look at all the cool cosplays. I don't cosplay myself but it's a fun atmosphere to be around. I just wish there were more cons in the New York area but maybe I just don't know about them...? Really want to go to MoCCA Fest some time though...
@RhiannynJade My cosplays this year are:
  • Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
  • Tintin (...Tintin)
  • guy with a bowtie (Paradox Space)
  • Cosette (Les Miserables)
  • Thrawn (Star Wars EU)
The first three are pretty much done and I wore them to Momocon, though I'd like to change a few things here and there. As for the rest, I need to get off my butt and sew. But dragons... so much dragons...
@RhiannynJade My cosplays this year are:
  • Madotsuki (Yume Nikki)
  • Tintin (...Tintin)
  • guy with a bowtie (Paradox Space)
  • Cosette (Les Miserables)
  • Thrawn (Star Wars EU)
The first three are pretty much done and I wore them to Momocon, though I'd like to change a few things here and there. As for the rest, I need to get off my butt and sew. But dragons... so much dragons...
0A1SWXC.png
Oh man, I should put together an FR meet-up at Otakon. Any ideas of what we could do?
Oh man, I should put together an FR meet-up at Otakon. Any ideas of what we could do?
Rin | he/him | FR time +3

Back after a three year break lol
I've been to Anime Boston for about 7 years, my 8th time will be next year :P

I havent gone to much else for money/travel reasons, and AB is such a perfect atmosphere that I was surprised to originally find out not all cons are run so smoothly! My dream is to get into their artist alley but I won't get my hopes up because it's a first-come-first-serve basis :'c

I just attended Walker Stalker Con in Boston though (a con for the Walking Dead show/comic). I was in the alley there and it was pretty decent, but there were some newbie hiccups in regards to the whole setup of the convention.
I've been to Anime Boston for about 7 years, my 8th time will be next year :P

I havent gone to much else for money/travel reasons, and AB is such a perfect atmosphere that I was surprised to originally find out not all cons are run so smoothly! My dream is to get into their artist alley but I won't get my hopes up because it's a first-come-first-serve basis :'c

I just attended Walker Stalker Con in Boston though (a con for the Walking Dead show/comic). I was in the alley there and it was pretty decent, but there were some newbie hiccups in regards to the whole setup of the convention.
tumblr_osxj37xvwh1vtgt9uo1_400.png
I used to do the convention circuit (mostly east coast and midwest) selling my artwork full time, but I had to stop when I got a studio job! This year I was planning to go to Anime Expo but I won't be able to; my artwork will be there though! The friends I was tabling with are selling for me. :>
I used to do the convention circuit (mostly east coast and midwest) selling my artwork full time, but I had to stop when I got a studio job! This year I was planning to go to Anime Expo but I won't be able to; my artwork will be there though! The friends I was tabling with are selling for me. :>
the only con i can really catch is Megacon in March aha

i wish i could spend more time and money going to other conventions in florida, but that's just not possible right now ;v; maybe one day.
the only con i can really catch is Megacon in March aha

i wish i could spend more time and money going to other conventions in florida, but that's just not possible right now ;v; maybe one day.
plaguebringer_by_spacecoboye-d8q4mmy.png
1 2 3