Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Community Streamer Support?
I've been trying my hardest to stream games for almost a year now (It'll be a year on the 31st). I share my twitch with my friends and family every single time I stream on facebook, I've shared it in 2 or 3 discord channels (one had 64 people in it, none of them went and followed me). One of the channels WAS a Flight Rising specific channel with.... I don't know, easily a couple hundred people in it, but it no longer exists. That didn't go anywhere either.
I'm sure some of you totally feel me when I say it hurts to know that after a year of streaming, I'm still not even halfway to affiliate on Twitch- in fact, this past weekend I got to 17 followers, only because 5 friends of mine decided to finally follow me (one of which, I hate to admit, was my own mother).

So can we just.... do something here? Like, link your twitch, or your youtube, or whatever you want, and we all just.... I dunno, support each other. We could start up a sort of project, like we link it and say what we do and what we like (and, if you identify as anything, like lgbtq+, you can say that too! extra support!!) And maybe we could even do like, idk, group things together? Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing?? Please respond, I'm absolutely terrible, TERRIBLE at forum stuff.
I've been trying my hardest to stream games for almost a year now (It'll be a year on the 31st). I share my twitch with my friends and family every single time I stream on facebook, I've shared it in 2 or 3 discord channels (one had 64 people in it, none of them went and followed me). One of the channels WAS a Flight Rising specific channel with.... I don't know, easily a couple hundred people in it, but it no longer exists. That didn't go anywhere either.
I'm sure some of you totally feel me when I say it hurts to know that after a year of streaming, I'm still not even halfway to affiliate on Twitch- in fact, this past weekend I got to 17 followers, only because 5 friends of mine decided to finally follow me (one of which, I hate to admit, was my own mother).

So can we just.... do something here? Like, link your twitch, or your youtube, or whatever you want, and we all just.... I dunno, support each other. We could start up a sort of project, like we link it and say what we do and what we like (and, if you identify as anything, like lgbtq+, you can say that too! extra support!!) And maybe we could even do like, idk, group things together? Would anyone be interested in that sort of thing?? Please respond, I'm absolutely terrible, TERRIBLE at forum stuff.
Are you eternal enough?
1c69bb.png
Sorry to hear things haven't been the best. Streaming definitely is one of the hardest things to build up, especially from scratch. The only way I know most people are successful in it now is if they already have a following and bring it over to Twitch, but it still is possible to build a following from nothing, you just got to keep at it!

It's like YouTube. A big reason why some of the channels (who aren't just a clickbait mess or targeted at children) who are massive and popular now is because they started their channel years and years ago. Everyone starts somewhere and everything takes time. Even if you have 17 followers and most are friends and family, that's more than most smaller streamers have.

If you find your method isn't working for you, you can always try new things! If you don't seem to be getting a lot of viewers, you can try leaving some links to your channel on your social media. Like you could put a little link in your signature or on your profile, so if anyone is curious, they can pop in whenever. If you seem to get a few viewers, but they don't seem to stay, you can try interacting with them more. Welcome them to the stream or say hello! You can also put that you're willing to answer questions about that games you're playing. When my friend would stream 12 hour runs of Fallout 4, majority of the viewers would ask him questions about the game, like the best weapons, how to get certain items, how to build stuff, things about the story, etc. It got people to stay and come back when he would stream something else.

You definitely have to make the stream fun and entertaining, so make some comments, present some reactions, and maybe drop some tips and tricks. Just for a suggestion if you're looking for any help. (:

As for dropping links, I think it would be cool to have a support thread for people trying to get into streaming! I'm still working on setting up my Twitch account, but I'd love to support others who are also trying to get into it.
Sorry to hear things haven't been the best. Streaming definitely is one of the hardest things to build up, especially from scratch. The only way I know most people are successful in it now is if they already have a following and bring it over to Twitch, but it still is possible to build a following from nothing, you just got to keep at it!

It's like YouTube. A big reason why some of the channels (who aren't just a clickbait mess or targeted at children) who are massive and popular now is because they started their channel years and years ago. Everyone starts somewhere and everything takes time. Even if you have 17 followers and most are friends and family, that's more than most smaller streamers have.

If you find your method isn't working for you, you can always try new things! If you don't seem to be getting a lot of viewers, you can try leaving some links to your channel on your social media. Like you could put a little link in your signature or on your profile, so if anyone is curious, they can pop in whenever. If you seem to get a few viewers, but they don't seem to stay, you can try interacting with them more. Welcome them to the stream or say hello! You can also put that you're willing to answer questions about that games you're playing. When my friend would stream 12 hour runs of Fallout 4, majority of the viewers would ask him questions about the game, like the best weapons, how to get certain items, how to build stuff, things about the story, etc. It got people to stay and come back when he would stream something else.

You definitely have to make the stream fun and entertaining, so make some comments, present some reactions, and maybe drop some tips and tricks. Just for a suggestion if you're looking for any help. (:

As for dropping links, I think it would be cool to have a support thread for people trying to get into streaming! I'm still working on setting up my Twitch account, but I'd love to support others who are also trying to get into it.
tumblr_inline_npp8nyFo5N1r0g4u9_540.png X tumblr_inline_nppef4YToG1r0g4u9_540.png
X
I appreciate you guys responding to this. Maybe some day we can all interact a bit more and support each other fully with things like this ^_^ gather round and hope for the best for each other, you know? Thank you for your love and support <3
I appreciate you guys responding to this. Maybe some day we can all interact a bit more and support each other fully with things like this ^_^ gather round and hope for the best for each other, you know? Thank you for your love and support <3
Are you eternal enough?
1c69bb.png