Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | In Search of Light {Private}
1 2
((Yeah it's really annoying.
Well I already had my summer, technically, so yeah. XD))

Sonata smiled back. "Yes...I'm not alone now."

The little Guardian had hesitated for a bit, wondering if she should answer what he had said about her not supposed to be wandering around. She just...well she didn't feel like she belonged there. She liked her new 'family' but she simply felt out of place. Sometimes the only solution she could think of was wandering around, and usually before she realized it she was very, very far from home.

"I know..." she finally muttered, acknowledging that wandering around without any other dragons is wrong and in a sense, stupid.

She looked up when the Mirror had said they had found shelter. Squinting, she saw that there was indeed some kind of ruins ahead of them. There didn't seem to be much of a roof to protect them from the rain though. With a bit of her strength returning, she briskly moved to the broken pieces of stone, sniffing it for a moment before peering what was left inside. The ruins were bigger than she had imagined, and its outside appearance was deceiving. There was more than enough room for the two of them to move around in and stay for the night, and as soon as she realized this she ran in, glad that water wasn't pouring down on her skin anymore.
((Yeah it's really annoying.
Well I already had my summer, technically, so yeah. XD))

Sonata smiled back. "Yes...I'm not alone now."

The little Guardian had hesitated for a bit, wondering if she should answer what he had said about her not supposed to be wandering around. She just...well she didn't feel like she belonged there. She liked her new 'family' but she simply felt out of place. Sometimes the only solution she could think of was wandering around, and usually before she realized it she was very, very far from home.

"I know..." she finally muttered, acknowledging that wandering around without any other dragons is wrong and in a sense, stupid.

She looked up when the Mirror had said they had found shelter. Squinting, she saw that there was indeed some kind of ruins ahead of them. There didn't seem to be much of a roof to protect them from the rain though. With a bit of her strength returning, she briskly moved to the broken pieces of stone, sniffing it for a moment before peering what was left inside. The ruins were bigger than she had imagined, and its outside appearance was deceiving. There was more than enough room for the two of them to move around in and stay for the night, and as soon as she realized this she ran in, glad that water wasn't pouring down on her skin anymore.
m16OKP.jpeg
(( I envy you. We are having some freakish heat wave here and I really like it more when it’s closer to -30 than +30 Celsius. Way too warm for me, who is waiting for winter to come ))

At least hatchling still smiled back for male’s words. Things weren’t yet that bad. Especially since they would soon be out of the rain. All the better. Though small female’s muttering sounded little weird for male, he decided to let the matter rest. He really didn’t know how other dragons cared for their young. All he really knew and remembered was his new clan’s Guardian dragon who was way too protective. Every Mirror in his new Clan thought so. But everyone also appreciated it. At least on some degree.

When hatchling then ran in some more sheltered part of the ruins, Mirror stopped for few minutes. Rain wasn’t nicest thing, but he could really just waltz in. Rain made it hard to see and washed off the heath signs very quickly. Still, there didn’t seem to be any other creatures around. Not big surprise, but welcome one. And since little one hadn’t come out yet, ruins seemed to be also empty.

When male finally let himself move inside from the rain, he couldn’t resist shaking himself to get all water from his body. Floor in their little cave like shelter was descending from opening and while dirt roof did lower a bit, it looked like they could be more dryer if they went a bit deeper in. Darkness inside didn’t bother a Mirror male with heat sensor abilities, but he didn’t know about the hatchling.
“Would you mind if we moved little further in?”
Violet one asked, while already taking some steps, watching if hatchling followed him.
(( I envy you. We are having some freakish heat wave here and I really like it more when it’s closer to -30 than +30 Celsius. Way too warm for me, who is waiting for winter to come ))

At least hatchling still smiled back for male’s words. Things weren’t yet that bad. Especially since they would soon be out of the rain. All the better. Though small female’s muttering sounded little weird for male, he decided to let the matter rest. He really didn’t know how other dragons cared for their young. All he really knew and remembered was his new clan’s Guardian dragon who was way too protective. Every Mirror in his new Clan thought so. But everyone also appreciated it. At least on some degree.

When hatchling then ran in some more sheltered part of the ruins, Mirror stopped for few minutes. Rain wasn’t nicest thing, but he could really just waltz in. Rain made it hard to see and washed off the heath signs very quickly. Still, there didn’t seem to be any other creatures around. Not big surprise, but welcome one. And since little one hadn’t come out yet, ruins seemed to be also empty.

When male finally let himself move inside from the rain, he couldn’t resist shaking himself to get all water from his body. Floor in their little cave like shelter was descending from opening and while dirt roof did lower a bit, it looked like they could be more dryer if they went a bit deeper in. Darkness inside didn’t bother a Mirror male with heat sensor abilities, but he didn’t know about the hatchling.
“Would you mind if we moved little further in?”
Violet one asked, while already taking some steps, watching if hatchling followed him.
((Well heat like that is really normal here, only it rains a lot to compensate and that's not always very good here because there are a lot of poor people around. Their homes can easily get destroyed by the rain.))

Sonata glanced at the darkness and frowned when the Mirror walked right in without even hesitating. She had been in the darkness herself for some time, she remembered, but even then the shadows scared her. Many things could happen without her knowing; her senses weren't that keen unlike her clan leader, Zayin.

If Wayward didn't hesitate, that means he could see in the darkness, right? She didn't know since the clan she stayed in didn't have a Mirror. Deciding to trust him, she slowly walked in to the darker part of the ruins, every step somewhat heavy to the Guardian.

She didn't want to say it but she was afraid.
((Well heat like that is really normal here, only it rains a lot to compensate and that's not always very good here because there are a lot of poor people around. Their homes can easily get destroyed by the rain.))

Sonata glanced at the darkness and frowned when the Mirror walked right in without even hesitating. She had been in the darkness herself for some time, she remembered, but even then the shadows scared her. Many things could happen without her knowing; her senses weren't that keen unlike her clan leader, Zayin.

If Wayward didn't hesitate, that means he could see in the darkness, right? She didn't know since the clan she stayed in didn't have a Mirror. Deciding to trust him, she slowly walked in to the darker part of the ruins, every step somewhat heavy to the Guardian.

She didn't want to say it but she was afraid.
m16OKP.jpeg
((Sorry, had a few busy days!
Well, let‘s say I‘m waiting for our summer to pass so there would once again be winter. We are probably lucky here since worst floods we get here just fill people‘s basements and that‘s usually after snowy winters. ))

Since small hatchling started following, male started walking further in. Still all the time making sure that it really was safe and only heat signals were from small rodents that could not harm a dragon. Adult nor hatchling. Since smaller one was following him, Wayward would make sure that she also stayed safe.

As they moved further in the cave, air seemed little warmer and dryer. It was quite nice after a bad storm, even if one could still hear wind and rain, and Wayward hummed quietly.
“It‘s rather nice here, a lot dryer than near opening, isn‘t it?”
Violet male asked with a smile, going more or less unnoticed in cave’s darkness. Since hatchling didn’t seem too keen on moving further, Wayward decided to stop not too far in. It would be enough and small corner they passed would keep most of the outside storm away. At least better than just cave’s opening being right next to them.

“We could sleep a little, wait for the storm to pass on?”
Male asked, choosing one of the many nooks on cave walls and laying down there.
“There is not much else we can do, since you probably don‘t see that well here.”
((Sorry, had a few busy days!
Well, let‘s say I‘m waiting for our summer to pass so there would once again be winter. We are probably lucky here since worst floods we get here just fill people‘s basements and that‘s usually after snowy winters. ))

Since small hatchling started following, male started walking further in. Still all the time making sure that it really was safe and only heat signals were from small rodents that could not harm a dragon. Adult nor hatchling. Since smaller one was following him, Wayward would make sure that she also stayed safe.

As they moved further in the cave, air seemed little warmer and dryer. It was quite nice after a bad storm, even if one could still hear wind and rain, and Wayward hummed quietly.
“It‘s rather nice here, a lot dryer than near opening, isn‘t it?”
Violet male asked with a smile, going more or less unnoticed in cave’s darkness. Since hatchling didn’t seem too keen on moving further, Wayward decided to stop not too far in. It would be enough and small corner they passed would keep most of the outside storm away. At least better than just cave’s opening being right next to them.

“We could sleep a little, wait for the storm to pass on?”
Male asked, choosing one of the many nooks on cave walls and laying down there.
“There is not much else we can do, since you probably don‘t see that well here.”
((I have been really busy as well. D:
Haha, really? Summer is too hot, while Winter is too cold. We don't really have winter in our place but when we visited the US last summer it was so cold that I felt like I was gonna get frost bite or something.))

Sonata could feel the atmosphere of the cave change the deeper she went in, but in doing so, she somehow felt that the darkness surrounding her was getting ever darker. She did not like the dark even if there was someone else here she could trust, in a way.

Yet, she had to agree with Wayward, the air here was drier and she couldn't feel the rain at all, it was like there was no rain outside.

"Y-yes, it would be nice to sleep for a bit..." she was looking around somewhat frantically, trying to find where the Mirror had gone. Once she found him (to her relief) she curled up to Wayward despite the air not being so cold. She didn't want to sleep alone...
((I have been really busy as well. D:
Haha, really? Summer is too hot, while Winter is too cold. We don't really have winter in our place but when we visited the US last summer it was so cold that I felt like I was gonna get frost bite or something.))

Sonata could feel the atmosphere of the cave change the deeper she went in, but in doing so, she somehow felt that the darkness surrounding her was getting ever darker. She did not like the dark even if there was someone else here she could trust, in a way.

Yet, she had to agree with Wayward, the air here was drier and she couldn't feel the rain at all, it was like there was no rain outside.

"Y-yes, it would be nice to sleep for a bit..." she was looking around somewhat frantically, trying to find where the Mirror had gone. Once she found him (to her relief) she curled up to Wayward despite the air not being so cold. She didn't want to sleep alone...
m16OKP.jpeg
(( I’m once again, extremely sorry for my answer being this late. I haven’t been logging in much since game’s breeding system just doesn’t work for me so there not much interest in it.. Though I would love to RP, so I will try to at least log in little more often ))

Violet male had curled up to keep himself even better warm, but after being slightly startled by hatchling he opened his wing to offer some comfort for small one. Since it didn’t seem to like darkness too much. Snorting quietly for himself, male laid his head down and closet his eyes. Really, without babysitting his new clan’s hatchlings he would have never approached small scared hatchling in the first place. Would have been too much of a hassle. Nowadays it seemed totally normal thing to do.

((We shall have a small time skip ))

Mirror male was snapped awake by thunder hitting something really close. Not really in the cave, but near enough the opening that it echoed nicely in the cave. And following crumbling noise didn’t really sound that promising. Body all wired up, male flashed his crest and spread his wings up to nothing, almost rising up before remembering the hatchling sleeping curled up next to him. There didn’t seem to be any living threat, so male stayed still and tried to calm himself. It would do no good to scare hatchling even more than it probably already was.
(( I’m once again, extremely sorry for my answer being this late. I haven’t been logging in much since game’s breeding system just doesn’t work for me so there not much interest in it.. Though I would love to RP, so I will try to at least log in little more often ))

Violet male had curled up to keep himself even better warm, but after being slightly startled by hatchling he opened his wing to offer some comfort for small one. Since it didn’t seem to like darkness too much. Snorting quietly for himself, male laid his head down and closet his eyes. Really, without babysitting his new clan’s hatchlings he would have never approached small scared hatchling in the first place. Would have been too much of a hassle. Nowadays it seemed totally normal thing to do.

((We shall have a small time skip ))

Mirror male was snapped awake by thunder hitting something really close. Not really in the cave, but near enough the opening that it echoed nicely in the cave. And following crumbling noise didn’t really sound that promising. Body all wired up, male flashed his crest and spread his wings up to nothing, almost rising up before remembering the hatchling sleeping curled up next to him. There didn’t seem to be any living threat, so male stayed still and tried to calm himself. It would do no good to scare hatchling even more than it probably already was.
((That's alright, but it doesn't work for you? How come? It works just fine for me...I think they were able to fix the problem already. :D))

The little Guardian was happy that Wayward allowed for her to sleep beside him. Despite the Mirror being a part of a clan, it still looked like that he was more of a loner of sorts.
She slept almost immediately after he opened his wing so that she could sleep under it. She wasn't that afraid anymore, but in a way, she missed home.

Sonata slightly jolted awake when she heard the loud thunder coming from outside. At least, she thought it was from outside, she wasn't facing the mouth of the cave so she didn't know where it struck. Wayward's wing was still hovering above her, but there was a certain tenseness.

She could hear herself whimpering, afraid that the lightning would reach her. The Stormcatcher must be enjoying himself today.
((That's alright, but it doesn't work for you? How come? It works just fine for me...I think they were able to fix the problem already. :D))

The little Guardian was happy that Wayward allowed for her to sleep beside him. Despite the Mirror being a part of a clan, it still looked like that he was more of a loner of sorts.
She slept almost immediately after he opened his wing so that she could sleep under it. She wasn't that afraid anymore, but in a way, she missed home.

Sonata slightly jolted awake when she heard the loud thunder coming from outside. At least, she thought it was from outside, she wasn't facing the mouth of the cave so she didn't know where it struck. Wayward's wing was still hovering above her, but there was a certain tenseness.

She could hear herself whimpering, afraid that the lightning would reach her. The Stormcatcher must be enjoying himself today.
m16OKP.jpeg
(( Sorry for my poor wording, I mean that I just don’t really like it… Just concentrating on colours is just annoying.. ))

Male turned his head towards the hatchling after hearing her whimper.
“It‘s probably nothing, you know?”
Wayward mumbled quietly and rising up.
“Could you wait here for a moment, I will go check what all the noise was?”
Violet male asked from hatchling, before starting to walk back to were they came from. Though after a few steps he ended up stopping and glancing behind. If hatchling was already scared, she probably didn’t appreciate being left behind in the dark. Wayward wasn’t even making that much noise since Mirror’s were used to walking on ground and hunt, so walking quietly came as a second nature to someone like him.

Sitting down, Wayward was able to use his front paws more freely. Using his small knowledge of fire magic, he created a small ball of fire for hatchling to see. Nothing fancy, since there wasn’t really anything but his magic to feed the flames and male wasn’t never too interested in his magic powers. His clan was mostly Shadow dragons whose powers seemed much more practical for someone who could already see in dark.
“Stay close to flame and wait for me”
Male muttered, setting the fire down and once again starting to walk towards cave opening.
(( Sorry for my poor wording, I mean that I just don’t really like it… Just concentrating on colours is just annoying.. ))

Male turned his head towards the hatchling after hearing her whimper.
“It‘s probably nothing, you know?”
Wayward mumbled quietly and rising up.
“Could you wait here for a moment, I will go check what all the noise was?”
Violet male asked from hatchling, before starting to walk back to were they came from. Though after a few steps he ended up stopping and glancing behind. If hatchling was already scared, she probably didn’t appreciate being left behind in the dark. Wayward wasn’t even making that much noise since Mirror’s were used to walking on ground and hunt, so walking quietly came as a second nature to someone like him.

Sitting down, Wayward was able to use his front paws more freely. Using his small knowledge of fire magic, he created a small ball of fire for hatchling to see. Nothing fancy, since there wasn’t really anything but his magic to feed the flames and male wasn’t never too interested in his magic powers. His clan was mostly Shadow dragons whose powers seemed much more practical for someone who could already see in dark.
“Stay close to flame and wait for me”
Male muttered, setting the fire down and once again starting to walk towards cave opening.
1 2