Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what's your fav trashy YA book
1 2
[quote name="Madarakita" date="2020-11-29 08:45:24" ] @EWSpirit I never read them, but I do recall seeing the box set at B&N once and cracking up at how the author apparently stumbled on -RGENT words by the third book and then seemingly gave up and just called the next one "FOUR". [img]https://i.postimg.cc/6QySM350/Divergent-series-set.jpg[/img] [/quote] i never got past insurgent but WHAT BAHAHAHAHA "four"
Madarakita wrote on 2020-11-29 08:45:24:
@EWSpirit
I never read them, but I do recall seeing the box set at B&N once and cracking up at how the author apparently stumbled on -RGENT words by the third book and then seemingly gave up and just called the next one "FOUR".
Divergent-series-set.jpg
i never got past insurgent but WHAT BAHAHAHAHA

"four"
icon dragon | wishlist
remind me not to impulse buy
redoing everything all the time give me a minute
[quote name="blackberrytart" date="2020-11-29 09:13:22" ] [quote name="Madarakita" date="2020-11-29 08:45:24" ] @EWSpirit I never read them, but I do recall seeing the box set at B&N once and cracking up at how the author apparently stumbled on -RGENT words by the third book and then seemingly gave up and just called the next one "FOUR". [img]https://i.postimg.cc/6QySM350/Divergent-series-set.jpg[/img] [/quote] i never got past insurgent but WHAT BAHAHAHAHA "four" [/quote] To be faaaaaiiiiirrrrr it's a spinoff about the backstory of Broody Love Interest who called himself Four for Broody Reasons I don't care to remember.
blackberrytart wrote on 2020-11-29 09:13:22:
Madarakita wrote on 2020-11-29 08:45:24:
@EWSpirit
I never read them, but I do recall seeing the box set at B&N once and cracking up at how the author apparently stumbled on -RGENT words by the third book and then seemingly gave up and just called the next one "FOUR".
Divergent-series-set.jpg
i never got past insurgent but WHAT BAHAHAHAHA

"four"
To be faaaaaiiiiirrrrr it's a spinoff about the backstory of Broody Love Interest who called himself Four for Broody Reasons I don't care to remember.
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
Not sure if this qualifies for trashy, but in middle school I read a book about a girl who finds out she's actually a fairy. I forget how, but I remember she had a flower growing out of her back and they reproduce like flowers... Like you literally grow a fairy.

It was a series, but I never finished it because the library didn't have the final book.
Not sure if this qualifies for trashy, but in middle school I read a book about a girl who finds out she's actually a fairy. I forget how, but I remember she had a flower growing out of her back and they reproduce like flowers... Like you literally grow a fairy.

It was a series, but I never finished it because the library didn't have the final book.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
Hands down, My Fair Assassin. It’s a trilogy about female assassins who kill people and try to stop the corruption of France. It’s a good read and the concept behind it it is a friggin cool- or the way the author wrote it. I never read the third book but the first one was thrilling to read.

I also really loved the DeVour series which was a y/a horror series. It was sooo good. I made my friend read it and she was really freaked out but I wasn’t. It’s about these whispy things, similar to demons, called Vours who come around and trap hem in places and possess people and stuff. It’s been a while since I read it however, so there’s a lot that’s missing.
Hands down, My Fair Assassin. It’s a trilogy about female assassins who kill people and try to stop the corruption of France. It’s a good read and the concept behind it it is a friggin cool- or the way the author wrote it. I never read the third book but the first one was thrilling to read.

I also really loved the DeVour series which was a y/a horror series. It was sooo good. I made my friend read it and she was really freaked out but I wasn’t. It’s about these whispy things, similar to demons, called Vours who come around and trap hem in places and possess people and stuff. It’s been a while since I read it however, so there’s a lot that’s missing.
She/Her
+2 FR time
I'm open to dm's
Tidelord come back T^T
[quote name="sunnySerina" date="2020-11-28 20:44:37" ] I really enjoyed the ACOTAR series when I read it as a hormonal 16-year-old, but looking back... yikes. Before that, Maximum Ride like @Hawktalon said and its brother series Daniel X. [/quote] It is illegal to call me out like that. The only difference is I was like 13. I seriously absorbed that series. It became a part of me for a good year or two lol.
sunnySerina wrote on 2020-11-28 20:44:37:
I really enjoyed the ACOTAR series when I read it as a hormonal 16-year-old, but looking back... yikes.

Before that, Maximum Ride like @Hawktalon said and its brother series Daniel X.
It is illegal to call me out like that. The only difference is I was like 13. I seriously absorbed that series. It became a part of me for a good year or two lol.
She/Her
+2 FR time
I'm open to dm's
Tidelord come back T^T
the raven cycle series by maggie stiefvater is badly written and a major guilty pleasure for me, and i love it so much
the raven cycle series by maggie stiefvater is badly written and a major guilty pleasure for me, and i love it so much
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
[quote name="fakeviolin" date="2020-11-30 00:53:25" ] the raven cycle series by maggie stiefvater is badly written and a major guilty pleasure for me, and i love it so much [/quote] Was it? I don't feel so bad then. I liked the overall story, and it had a lot of funny moments, but I remember having to absolutely [i]drag[/i] myself through actually reading it.
fakeviolin wrote on 2020-11-30 00:53:25:
Was it? I don't feel so bad then. I liked the overall story, and it had a lot of funny moments, but I remember having to absolutely drag myself through actually reading it.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
[quote name="DragosSweet" date="2020-11-29 10:29:53" ] [quote name="sunnySerina" date="2020-11-28 20:44:37" ] I really enjoyed the ACOTAR series when I read it as a hormonal 16-year-old, but looking back... yikes. Before that, Maximum Ride like @/Hawktalon said and its brother series Daniel X. [/quote] It is illegal to call me out like that. The only difference is I was like 13. I seriously absorbed that series. It became a part of me for a good year or two lol. [/quote] Which one, ACOTAR or MR?
DragosSweet wrote on 2020-11-29 10:29:53:
sunnySerina wrote on 2020-11-28 20:44:37:
I really enjoyed the ACOTAR series when I read it as a hormonal 16-year-old, but looking back... yikes.

Before that, Maximum Ride like @/Hawktalon said and its brother series Daniel X.
It is illegal to call me out like that. The only difference is I was like 13. I seriously absorbed that series. It became a part of me for a good year or two lol.
Which one, ACOTAR or MR?
I7a1ndF.pngOxagJgG.pngWBC5JG3.pngwOEIAes.png
[quote name="MistLeaf" date="2020-11-30 01:19:41" ] [quote name="fakeviolin" date="2020-11-30 00:53:25" ] the raven cycle series by maggie stiefvater is badly written and a major guilty pleasure for me, and i love it so much [/quote] Was it? I don't feel so bad then. I liked the overall story, and it had a lot of funny moments, but I remember having to absolutely [i]drag[/i] myself through actually reading it. [/quote] yeah, i reread the series once every couple years or so and it seems like the older i get, the worse the writing is to me somehow! the characters are well made and the story was cool but lord almighty it's a mess. a loveable mess, but still a mess.
MistLeaf wrote on 2020-11-30 01:19:41:
fakeviolin wrote on 2020-11-30 00:53:25:
Was it? I don't feel so bad then. I liked the overall story, and it had a lot of funny moments, but I remember having to absolutely drag myself through actually reading it.

yeah, i reread the series once every couple years or so and it seems like the older i get, the worse the writing is to me somehow! the characters are well made and the story was cool but lord almighty it's a mess. a loveable mess, but still a mess.
z8Qo9nt.gif

spencer - they/he/ix - fr +1
1 2