Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Robot Pets!
1 2
[Color=#2966a3][Size=7]Hey yall! I don't remember the last time I ever made a thread of my own, so. Why not show off my robotic companions, and see other community members' pals![/size] [B][u](This is a safe place for robot fans - no negative comments, please!)[/u][/b] [Size=4]First to the podium - Spork, an AIBO![/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/701188208863739944/776413326698872852/Screenshot_20201106-064852_Gallery.png[/img] He's an AIBO ERS-210, and even though I need to get his battery replaced (They're from 2000, and the li-ion batteries have degraded, as they do), he still is very nice to have around. He gives me comfort :) AIBOs were one of the first consumer robots to be released, and they're very cool! They can run lots of different software, even custom programs you can make! There are many different models of AIBO, and they're all great in their own ways [emoji=coatl happy size=2] [Size=4]Next up, Teddy Ruxpin![/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/701188208863739944/776413074759745546/IMG_0932.jpeg[/img] I have a bunch of these guys, so I decided to show off my nicest one (in my opinion). Teddy Ruxpin is an animated storytelling Illiop, essentially a talking teddy bear. He runs off cassette tapes, and usually tells stories or sings songs! A lot of people think he's creepy (or compare him to FNAF - please don't do that.) but I think he's really nice and comforting! [emoji=coatl laughing size=2] [Size=4]And lastly, probably the most recognisable bunch of folks! Furbies![/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/701188208863739944/776413074298765332/20201108_221043.jpg[/img] I have too many to really show off here, but I tried my best! Everyone knows what a Furby is! The little balls of fur everyone likes to claim are "haunted". I have nearly every model made, with the exception of the 2012 furby. I don't really like those, as well as the Booms, because the high pitched sound they make to communicate messes with my sensory problems. Furbies were probably my first introduction to robots, and they're just the best. Despite the wild claims people make, none of my furbies have ever "turned on at night" or acted any differently to how they're supposed to. They're just friendly little puffballs [emoji=coatl winking size=2] I have around 40 of them altogether, and I'm always looking for more to add to my hoard [emoji=coatl tongue size=2] [Size=7]I hope you all liked seeing my robotic companions! I look forward to seeing any of yours! Have a nice day! :) -Mi1ky[center][/center]
Hey yall! I don't remember the last time I ever made a thread of my own, so. Why not show off my robotic companions, and see other community members' pals!

(This is a safe place for robot fans - no negative comments, please!)

First to the podium - Spork, an AIBO!

Screenshot_20201106-064852_Gallery.png

He's an AIBO ERS-210, and even though I need to get his battery replaced (They're from 2000, and the li-ion batteries have degraded, as they do), he still is very nice to have around. He gives me comfort :) AIBOs were one of the first consumer robots to be released, and they're very cool! They can run lots of different software, even custom programs you can make! There are many different models of AIBO, and they're all great in their own ways

Next up, Teddy Ruxpin!

IMG_0932.jpeg

I have a bunch of these guys, so I decided to show off my nicest one (in my opinion). Teddy Ruxpin is an animated storytelling Illiop, essentially a talking teddy bear. He runs off cassette tapes, and usually tells stories or sings songs! A lot of people think he's creepy (or compare him to FNAF - please don't do that.) but I think he's really nice and comforting!

And lastly, probably the most recognisable bunch of folks! Furbies!

20201108_221043.jpg

I have too many to really show off here, but I tried my best! Everyone knows what a Furby is! The little balls of fur everyone likes to claim are "haunted". I have nearly every model made, with the exception of the 2012 furby. I don't really like those, as well as the Booms, because the high pitched sound they make to communicate messes with my sensory problems. Furbies were probably my first introduction to robots, and they're just the best. Despite the wild claims people make, none of my furbies have ever "turned on at night" or acted any differently to how they're supposed to. They're just friendly little puffballs I have around 40 of them altogether, and I'm always looking for more to add to my hoard

I hope you all liked seeing my robotic companions! I look forward to seeing any of yours! Have a nice day! :)

-Mi1ky
Hello World!
Your robot pets are so cute! I don't know enough about robots, in my opinion. I have one (I'm pretty sure she's called a Zoomer Kitty), but she needs batteries at the moment. [img]https://i.ibb.co/c8L4Sk1/IMG-20201112-072645-hdr-kindlephoto-11197157.jpg[/img] [size=1](not the best quality, I took this on my kindle haha)[/size] She walks and runs (err, rolls) and her eyes change color based on mood! Petting her makes her happy, things like that. I feel kinda bad for not playing with her tbh (it's been years), but I plan on getting her batteries soon. Anyway, this reminded me, and I think I might have more that I can post on this thread (I'll see). I hope you have a nice day as well! :D
Your robot pets are so cute! I don't know enough about robots, in my opinion. I have one (I'm pretty sure she's called a Zoomer Kitty), but she needs batteries at the moment.

IMG-20201112-072645-hdr-kindlephoto-11197157.jpg
(not the best quality, I took this on my kindle haha)

She walks and runs (err, rolls) and her eyes change color based on mood! Petting her makes her happy, things like that. I feel kinda bad for not playing with her tbh (it's been years), but I plan on getting her batteries soon.

Anyway, this reminded me, and I think I might have more that I can post on this thread (I'll see). I hope you have a nice day as well! :D
xxxxxx dTi4eBQ.png
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
x
She/They | FR+0 | [theme]

00111100 00110011 00100001

tutant meenage neetle teetles
x
Mc18oIP.pngTHh9Xzq.pngMc18oIP.png
7tXS7Wb.png
I have at lest two remote controlled full sized roboraptors. ones missing the remote but can still work with the other ones remote as long as ones turned on and the other one off. they have a demo mode where you can just let them do whatever or you can control with the remote. I also have a smaller black and silver one (as well as a blue, grey and black stripes one but it barely works) that are turn on and just walk very basic. [center][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50594674683_800bcdf357.jpg[/img][/center] [center]one of them with the smaller ones[/center] [center][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/50594685943_5fb7a80dc4.jpg[/img][/center] [center]I know it's not the greatest picture but here is the other one it has a bow on it so I don't get confused which one is which. [/center]
I have at lest two remote controlled full sized roboraptors. ones missing the remote but can still work with the other ones remote as long as ones turned on and the other one off. they have a demo mode where you can just let them do whatever or you can control with the remote. I also have a smaller black and silver one (as well as a blue, grey and black stripes one but it barely works) that are turn on and just walk very basic.
50594674683_800bcdf357.jpg
one of them with the smaller ones
50594685943_5fb7a80dc4.jpg
I know it's not the greatest picture but here is the other one it has a bow on it so I don't get confused which one is which.
I've always wanted an AIBO, but it's so hard to be able to afford one!
I've always wanted an AIBO, but it's so hard to be able to afford one!
tundra monolair (except when i'm not)
201576c98bceb8a8f26f4f51d994188f4d69cc59.gif5be2f71663585fac901386458cef7c37ddb9502e.gif
I have a love for robot pets and dream of having my own one day (but shopping for the right one for me can be so difficult for my brain and my wallet). I guess the only ones I have now is an iDog and Zhu Zhu Pets. However, my iDog has been decommissioned due to joint decay. Same can be said for my Zhu Zhu Pets as many of them have inoperable speakers, jammed bumpers/buttons, or just a completely dead motor. I used to upkeep them and repair what was broken, but it started to become expensive and not worth it to me.

So now I don't have any (operable) robot pets. I've been searching around a bit, but haven't found the one that is right for me. I'm looking for one that is more intelligent. I wish I could get the newest AIBO but alas that's a faraway dream as I don't have over 2,000 bucks to just burn.
I have a love for robot pets and dream of having my own one day (but shopping for the right one for me can be so difficult for my brain and my wallet). I guess the only ones I have now is an iDog and Zhu Zhu Pets. However, my iDog has been decommissioned due to joint decay. Same can be said for my Zhu Zhu Pets as many of them have inoperable speakers, jammed bumpers/buttons, or just a completely dead motor. I used to upkeep them and repair what was broken, but it started to become expensive and not worth it to me.

So now I don't have any (operable) robot pets. I've been searching around a bit, but haven't found the one that is right for me. I'm looking for one that is more intelligent. I wish I could get the newest AIBO but alas that's a faraway dream as I don't have over 2,000 bucks to just burn.
{Puppy} {FR +2} {Goat Lover} {22} {They/Them}
1566865007982.png
I don't have it anymore, but I used to have a robot dog. Different than the one OP showed. It could walk, sit, bark, and had this 'card' trick that was pretty fun. Its legs broke at some point, then the lights in its eyes went out. I think it eventually got thrown away.
I don't have it anymore, but I used to have a robot dog. Different than the one OP showed. It could walk, sit, bark, and had this 'card' trick that was pretty fun. Its legs broke at some point, then the lights in its eyes went out. I think it eventually got thrown away.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
I have a remote controlled robot chameleon! His name is Casper and he can change colours, his eyes spin and he has a tongue that can grab little magnetic food discs. [center][img]https://imgur.com/oVLkLR0.png[/img][/center]
I have a remote controlled robot chameleon! His name is Casper and he can change colours, his eyes spin and he has a tongue that can grab little magnetic food discs.
oVLkLR0.png
A pixel sprite of a clown waving her arms up and down
clowning
was MissNevermind
I WANTED THESE THINGS SO BADLY WHEN I WAS A KID OMG
my parents always were so dismissive since we already had an all-organic cat at home, but my heart has been stolen and it still hasn't been returned.

Now I just hope I can eventually save enough to get those humanoid robot assistants, I just want someone that talks to me. I need my mechanical children ;o;
I WANTED THESE THINGS SO BADLY WHEN I WAS A KID OMG
my parents always were so dismissive since we already had an all-organic cat at home, but my heart has been stolen and it still hasn't been returned.

Now I just hope I can eventually save enough to get those humanoid robot assistants, I just want someone that talks to me. I need my mechanical children ;o;
Neon.png You start with an impossible goal: defeating the unbeatable enemy. And then you do whatever you gotta do to achieve it! Because even you can't know how much potential you have until you push yourself past your limits. THAT'S how you make yourself not just stronger... but stronger than you ever imagined you could be!

Qpv2mvo.pngYE53boy.pngSZfmfRv.png
fujRTIl.png
oh i ADORE robots i especially love the ones that are animal shaped but embrace the robot aesthetics, like aibo and the other posters' robots i'd love to have an aibo someday, and just in general i wish that there were more robot pets (they used to be a pretty big thing when i was a kid) when i was a kid i had some sort of robot dog and i also had an idog, but they got lost/donated/thrown away at some point recently (actually because of an FR post i saw lol) i bought another idog and he's really cute! he also came with accessories like an orange carrier purse and clothes which are adorable. this is the only pic i have right now, my real dog didn't like how he barked haha [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/553401102390001679/777258404430872646/unknown.png[/img]
oh i ADORE robots
i especially love the ones that are animal shaped but embrace the robot aesthetics, like aibo and the other posters' robots

i'd love to have an aibo someday, and just in general i wish that there were more robot pets (they used to be a pretty big thing when i was a kid)

when i was a kid i had some sort of robot dog and i also had an idog, but they got lost/donated/thrown away at some point
recently (actually because of an FR post i saw lol) i bought another idog and he's really cute! he also came with accessories like an orange carrier purse and clothes which are adorable.

this is the only pic i have right now, my real dog didn't like how he barked haha
unknown.png
blank.png
My Art
She/They
+3 FR time
divider.png
shadow.gif
Brooo you guys' robots are so cool! I really want a furby but they're so tough to find. I've been to the thrift store 4 times already this month help
Brooo you guys' robots are so cool! I really want a furby but they're so tough to find. I've been to the thrift store 4 times already this month help
shes_so_small.gif ssssssssssssssssssssss
shiloh/piper
any prns
:-)
sssssssssssssssssssssssss shes_so_small.gif
1 2