Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Ancient Breed: Veilspun Dragons
1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 180 181
******. definitely my favorite breed so far, after the sky dancers and the snappers. (Leetle chonks <3)
******. definitely my favorite breed so far, after the sky dancers and the snappers. (Leetle chonks <3)
Im absolutely in love with these guys, oh god. <3333
Im absolutely in love with these guys, oh god. <3333
SompmJA.gif2cTWpJp.gifdJmx3Bl.gifswirSeJ.gifNRXYvEz.gifYPf9PUF.gifZg3sQgD.gifQd84dIA.gifsxZJKc1.gifOojErqz.gifvXZo51g.giflFlPthP.gif
It's joker time, baby
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-11-12 18:20:21" ] [quote name="@RubyRobin" date="2020-11-12 18:18:27" ] Can they cross breed with other dragons? [/quote] No Ancient breeds can only breed with their own breed [/quote] I thought ancients could breed with other ancients, just not moderns?
DragonSage wrote on 2020-11-12 18:20:21:
@RubyRobin wrote on 2020-11-12 18:18:27:
Can they cross breed with other dragons?
No
Ancient breeds can only breed with their own breed
I thought ancients could breed with other ancients, just not moderns?

Dragons For
Sale/Trade

qWLki6G.png

|she/her|FR+3|
KcjeOJT.png x
GVedbhm.gif
xCgzsKIW.png
They're never gonna be a favorite of mine but I really like some of the genes for these, they're so nice and constellation looks just amazing on them. [quote name="Werifesteria" date="2020-11-13 06:28:48" ] [quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-11-12 18:20:21" ] [quote name="@RubyRobin" date="2020-11-12 18:18:27" ] Can they cross breed with other dragons? [/quote] No Ancient breeds can only breed with their own breed [/quote] I thought ancients could breed with other ancients, just not moderns? [/quote] Nope sadly not.
They're never gonna be a favorite of mine but I really like some of the genes for these, they're so nice and constellation looks just amazing on them.

Werifesteria wrote on 2020-11-13 06:28:48:
DragonSage wrote on 2020-11-12 18:20:21:
@RubyRobin wrote on 2020-11-12 18:18:27:
Can they cross breed with other dragons?
No
Ancient breeds can only breed with their own breed
I thought ancients could breed with other ancients, just not moderns?
Nope sadly not.
alWiqh6.png
@Werifesteria ancients can only breed with their own breed - so gaoler x gaoler is compatible but not gaoler x banescale (which imo is really stupid but i suppose because of the extra math of having to leave genes that dont crossover blank or whatever alternative there'd be would be a hassle so i can understand)

@dragonman13 you can buy the scroll that changes an existing dragon into a veilspun for 1000gems in the marketplace - but if you don't want to change a dragon you're attached to, you can find a dragon that fits what you want and change that one after buying it/breeding it
@Werifesteria ancients can only breed with their own breed - so gaoler x gaoler is compatible but not gaoler x banescale (which imo is really stupid but i suppose because of the extra math of having to leave genes that dont crossover blank or whatever alternative there'd be would be a hassle so i can understand)

@dragonman13 you can buy the scroll that changes an existing dragon into a veilspun for 1000gems in the marketplace - but if you don't want to change a dragon you're attached to, you can find a dragon that fits what you want and change that one after buying it/breeding it
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
For all those out there saying they don't buy gems: I don't either. However, I find there are numerous ways to otherwise get them. I have taken the liberty to list some below.

1. Keep you lair well fed to get one gem per day
2. Bond with your familiars daily to earn chests as they level up; Iron and Gilded
particularly
3. Exchange treasure for gems in the Items for sale forums (never used this
method myself, but heard it works)
4. Sell things on the Auction House for gem prices

These all work to get gems, you just have to be patient. Also, remember: Eventually the Auction House prices will drop. In less than two months, I'm sure, Veilspun will be just another breed that you can get easily, even if you're broke or have money management issues, like me. Please remember that patience will always pay off.

Thank you for your time and God bless you.
For all those out there saying they don't buy gems: I don't either. However, I find there are numerous ways to otherwise get them. I have taken the liberty to list some below.

1. Keep you lair well fed to get one gem per day
2. Bond with your familiars daily to earn chests as they level up; Iron and Gilded
particularly
3. Exchange treasure for gems in the Items for sale forums (never used this
method myself, but heard it works)
4. Sell things on the Auction House for gem prices

These all work to get gems, you just have to be patient. Also, remember: Eventually the Auction House prices will drop. In less than two months, I'm sure, Veilspun will be just another breed that you can get easily, even if you're broke or have money management issues, like me. Please remember that patience will always pay off.

Thank you for your time and God bless you.
DsQ0CeO.png
[quote name="LoneVarg" date="2020-11-12 21:56:14" ] Like with other freshly released breeds, people who can make the steep initial investments of putting together and geneing breeding pairs will ensure that eventually there will be a wide variety of pretty Veilspun dragons for cheap prices. People that haven't been here for more than a couple years don't realize that with prior breed releases, we didn't get freebies. So, everyone would hoardsell, grind, and AH snipe and flip to get their claws on a new breed in the weeks following release. This is like those times. I can see why people would be disappointed, but for people like me that have been around a while, this is the norm. Back when coatl and wildclaw released, I was in college, and didn't have money to spare on the scrolls. So, I slowly made money over time, saved up, and planned out projects for the dragons I wanted. Eventually, I did get them. These days, I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to funnel a little money into the site's economy, and could get my Veilspuns on Day One. That's just how the site has worked for the most part before Galore. [/quote] Yep. Just have to be patient until the workings of Capitalism and this site’s economy eventually make the supply meet the demand.
LoneVarg wrote on 2020-11-12 21:56:14:
Like with other freshly released breeds, people who can make the steep initial investments of putting together and geneing breeding pairs will ensure that eventually there will be a wide variety of pretty Veilspun dragons for cheap prices. People that haven't been here for more than a couple years don't realize that with prior breed releases, we didn't get freebies. So, everyone would hoardsell, grind, and AH snipe and flip to get their claws on a new breed in the weeks following release. This is like those times. I can see why people would be disappointed, but for people like me that have been around a while, this is the norm. Back when coatl and wildclaw released, I was in college, and didn't have money to spare on the scrolls. So, I slowly made money over time, saved up, and planned out projects for the dragons I wanted. Eventually, I did get them. These days, I am fortunate enough to be able to afford to funnel a little money into the site's economy, and could get my Veilspuns on Day One. That's just how the site has worked for the most part before Galore.

Yep. Just have to be patient until the workings of Capitalism and this site’s economy eventually make the supply meet the demand.
Pretty pleased with those. They are really pretty and even less active players can get 1000g in less than two weeks so the price is really reasonable as well. I am seeing some new projects in my future[emoji=veilspun love size=2]
Pretty pleased with those. They are really pretty and even less active players can get 1000g in less than two weeks so the price is really reasonable as well.
I am seeing some new projects in my future
rnytdP6.png
*cries in 791 gems*
*cries in 791 gems*
tbh i was meh about the veilspun when the previews were showed for it a few months ago because i just didnt vibe with the design - and that has honestly changed because the male pose is just SO GOOD so i already have a few i want

i can understand peoples irritation though when it comes to no egg/scroll - banes and gaolers immediately set a standard that we would have instant access to every ancient that is released! and while it's probably a good idea to not hand out more eggs and flood the market with dumb looking g1s, i still dont see what the harm of 1 free scroll wouldve done personally - especially if it was made account bound.

also for the people talking about how much it costs - 1kg is both a lot and not a lot, but it's a raisable amount and treasure:gem conversion is a thing, you're never obligated to spend real money on this site
tbh i was meh about the veilspun when the previews were showed for it a few months ago because i just didnt vibe with the design - and that has honestly changed because the male pose is just SO GOOD so i already have a few i want

i can understand peoples irritation though when it comes to no egg/scroll - banes and gaolers immediately set a standard that we would have instant access to every ancient that is released! and while it's probably a good idea to not hand out more eggs and flood the market with dumb looking g1s, i still dont see what the harm of 1 free scroll wouldve done personally - especially if it was made account bound.

also for the people talking about how much it costs - 1kg is both a lot and not a lot, but it's a raisable amount and treasure:gem conversion is a thing, you're never obligated to spend real money on this site
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
1 2 ... 138 139 140 141 142 ... 180 181