Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | Superstition Hotel - CYOA & Raffle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/56686420][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/566865/56686420_350.png[/img][/url] Khufris was no stranger to horror- he'd died and been raised from the dead, after all. Perhaps it was that experience that had given him such a fondness for the creepy and the macabre. Or perhaps it was his experiences in his previous life as a pharaoh that had taught him so much about fear. Even when ruling over a personal kingdom, there had always been worries lingering at the back of his mind about who or what might ultimately bring him down without warning. Whatever the reason, since his resurrection the Skydancer had become fascinated with all things horror related. And so, when he had learned about this convention, Khufris became quite eager to go, even as the rest of his newly-found clanmates had expressed a reluctance to go. Even Leon and his followers had been surprisingly resistant to the idea of attending. They had claimed it didn't seem all that relevant to their studies of Plague magic, or something like that. And so Khufris had simply decided to attend on his own. And over the three days of the convention, he'd been having a grand old time. But what he had been most eager for was the all-night movie marathon. The Skydancer couldn't get enough of these stories. But just as this latest movie had been getting exciting, it all came to a screeching halt, and Khufris grumbled in frustration. Why did these newfangled machines never seem to work when you wanted them to? Just as he was getting up to find something sweet to snack on, he and the whole room were plunged into darkness. It took Khufris a couple minutes to piece together what was going on. He had only a moment to examine the two strangers who had appeared out of nowhere before they were both abruptly locked up in cages. And now the whole hotel seemed... older than it had before. What was going on? Then the ringmaster appeared, and it slowly began to dawn on Khufris that this was no trick. Indeed, it seemed he was being asked to decide which of these two dragons should live and which should die. And with that, a grin began to form on Khufris's face. Oh, it had been ages since he'd had to make a decision like this. Though he couldn't help but wonder who these hundreds of lives the ringmaster mentioned were. Him and the other convention goers? Or someone else? "Very well, I accept your challenge," the Skydancer said as he approached the stage. "But I will need to know at least something about these two before I can make my decision." The ringmaster seemed to have been anticipating this, and with a smile he gave the wheel at the far end of the stage a spin. As the wheel came to a halt, two giant doors appeared next to it, one marked with a spider, the other with a snake. What exactly was Khufris supposed to choose here? What he feared, or what he didn't fear? Certainly he had no fear of snakes. They were reptilian, much like him. But spiders... well, he didn't like the feeling of spiders crawling all over him like they had while he had been in his tomb. Hoping that whatever he chose might give him a clue as to how this game would play out, the Skydancer walked through [b]the spider door....[/b] ----------------------------- ...and suddenly found himself on a hill above a thickly forested area. With nowhere else to go, Khufris made his way down the path laid out before him. The trees were absolutely covered in spiderwebs. The Skydancer had never seen so many before, and it was more than a little concerning. It wasn't long before he came to a crossroads, and here he was faced with three choices on where to go next. The path to his left was narrow, and while he might be able to squeeze through, he knew he would almost certainly get covered in spiders as he went. That would surely prove to be quite unpleasant. Then there was a tunnel off to his right, but as he looked at it, he recalled a conversation he'd had with some Nature dragons about how some spiders built trapdoors almost like this one to catch their prey. Khufris had already been buried once, and it was not an experience he was in any rush to repeat. So that left him with the path straight ahead. This one was wide, but even from here he could see a giant spider waiting for him up in the trees. Still, Khufris wasn't too concerned. He'd been a skilled fighter before, and his skills had slowly been returning to him ever since his resurrection. He could handle one giant spider. Right? [b](Choice 2)[/b]
56686420_350.png

Khufris was no stranger to horror- he'd died and been raised from the dead, after all. Perhaps it was that experience that had given him such a fondness for the creepy and the macabre. Or perhaps it was his experiences in his previous life as a pharaoh that had taught him so much about fear. Even when ruling over a personal kingdom, there had always been worries lingering at the back of his mind about who or what might ultimately bring him down without warning.

Whatever the reason, since his resurrection the Skydancer had become fascinated with all things horror related. And so, when he had learned about this convention, Khufris became quite eager to go, even as the rest of his newly-found clanmates had expressed a reluctance to go. Even Leon and his followers had been surprisingly resistant to the idea of attending. They had claimed it didn't seem all that relevant to their studies of Plague magic, or something like that.

And so Khufris had simply decided to attend on his own. And over the three days of the convention, he'd been having a grand old time. But what he had been most eager for was the all-night movie marathon. The Skydancer couldn't get enough of these stories. But just as this latest movie had been getting exciting, it all came to a screeching halt, and Khufris grumbled in frustration. Why did these newfangled machines never seem to work when you wanted them to?

Just as he was getting up to find something sweet to snack on, he and the whole room were plunged into darkness. It took Khufris a couple minutes to piece together what was going on. He had only a moment to examine the two strangers who had appeared out of nowhere before they were both abruptly locked up in cages. And now the whole hotel seemed... older than it had before. What was going on?

Then the ringmaster appeared, and it slowly began to dawn on Khufris that this was no trick. Indeed, it seemed he was being asked to decide which of these two dragons should live and which should die. And with that, a grin began to form on Khufris's face. Oh, it had been ages since he'd had to make a decision like this. Though he couldn't help but wonder who these hundreds of lives the ringmaster mentioned were. Him and the other convention goers? Or someone else?

"Very well, I accept your challenge," the Skydancer said as he approached the stage. "But I will need to know at least something about these two before I can make my decision."

The ringmaster seemed to have been anticipating this, and with a smile he gave the wheel at the far end of the stage a spin. As the wheel came to a halt, two giant doors appeared next to it, one marked with a spider, the other with a snake. What exactly was Khufris supposed to choose here? What he feared, or what he didn't fear? Certainly he had no fear of snakes. They were reptilian, much like him. But spiders... well, he didn't like the feeling of spiders crawling all over him like they had while he had been in his tomb.

Hoping that whatever he chose might give him a clue as to how this game would play out, the Skydancer walked through the spider door....

...and suddenly found himself on a hill above a thickly forested area. With nowhere else to go, Khufris made his way down the path laid out before him. The trees were absolutely covered in spiderwebs. The Skydancer had never seen so many before, and it was more than a little concerning.

It wasn't long before he came to a crossroads, and here he was faced with three choices on where to go next. The path to his left was narrow, and while he might be able to squeeze through, he knew he would almost certainly get covered in spiders as he went. That would surely prove to be quite unpleasant. Then there was a tunnel off to his right, but as he looked at it, he recalled a conversation he'd had with some Nature dragons about how some spiders built trapdoors almost like this one to catch their prey. Khufris had already been buried once, and it was not an experience he was in any rush to repeat.

So that left him with the path straight ahead. This one was wide, but even from here he could see a giant spider waiting for him up in the trees. Still, Khufris wasn't too concerned. He'd been a skilled fighter before, and his skills had slowly been returning to him ever since his resurrection. He could handle one giant spider. Right? (Choice 2)
xpP2XdL.png
"A game of unmaking? Oh, delightful!" Posi bares all her teeth, remembering to turn her smile frownside-up and outside-in at the corners so as not to discomfit any of the other dragons too much, too soon. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49385379][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/493854/49385379_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Now let's see, let's see, the fear of too many legs or not enough?" She cocks her head to one side, considering the snaky superstition. "Oh, piffle, that one's going to lead to clues about the hero, isn't it? Villains are much more delectable." She licks her nonexistent lips, reflecting on the spider option. "Do you know, my second cousin thrice removed -- well, at least I [i]think[/i] she's gone for good this time, though it's so difficult to be sure -- she fell asleep just after eating a river recluse and lost her lunch straightaway after waking up, so I'm inclined to think this particular superstition might have a leg or eight to stand on." She giggles for just a smidge too long after that statement, then turns to the ringmaster. "Spiders it is, then!" [center][emoji=spider size=1][emoji=spider size=1][emoji=spider size=1][/center] ...And spiders it is indeed! A forest full of them, a wood-wide web. "Spiderling, spiderling, where have you been? Down a dark burrow to visit the queen," Posi warbles loudly and almost not quite offkey as she walks straight for the trapdoor. "Spiderling, spiderling, what do you seek? You should open your mouth a little wiiiiiiiiiiider when you speak." Yes, this is a mad, bad, and horrible idea, which is exactly why Posi is sauntering cheerfully downwards, the darkness of the underground path already closing in around her.
"A game of unmaking? Oh, delightful!" Posi bares all her teeth, remembering to turn her smile frownside-up and outside-in at the corners so as not to discomfit any of the other dragons too much, too soon.
49385379_350.png

"Now let's see, let's see, the fear of too many legs or not enough?" She cocks her head to one side, considering the snaky superstition. "Oh, piffle, that one's going to lead to clues about the hero, isn't it? Villains are much more delectable." She licks her nonexistent lips, reflecting on the spider option.

"Do you know, my second cousin thrice removed -- well, at least I think she's gone for good this time, though it's so difficult to be sure -- she fell asleep just after eating a river recluse and lost her lunch straightaway after waking up, so I'm inclined to think this particular superstition might have a leg or eight to stand on." She giggles for just a smidge too long after that statement, then turns to the ringmaster. "Spiders it is, then!"

...And spiders it is indeed! A forest full of them, a wood-wide web.

"Spiderling, spiderling, where have you been? Down a dark burrow to visit the queen," Posi warbles loudly and almost not quite offkey as she walks straight for the trapdoor. "Spiderling, spiderling, what do you seek? You should open your mouth a little wiiiiiiiiiiider when you speak."

Yes, this is a mad, bad, and horrible idea, which is exactly why Posi is sauntering cheerfully downwards, the darkness of the underground path already closing in around her.
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/35300587][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/353006/35300587_350.png[/img][/url] Radnov was not opposed to horror, he wouldn’t have come here if he was, after all, but this? This was all just a little too much, even for him. All this talk of challenges and phobias was making him more than a little anxious, and the way the ringmaster had so nonchalantly mentioned that someone would actually [i]die[/i] at the end of this twisted game was certainly not helping. After several minutes of quietly panicking, Radnov forced himself to take a deep breath and to actually think rationally about this whole situation. Surely, this was all just a part of the con? It was horror themed, after all, and he wouldn’t put it past the show runners to arrange something... weird like this. Still, he felt he should take the choices he was faced with seriously, somehow. If another dragon's life was actually on the line after all, he really didn’t want to mess up. So... spiders or snakes? Well, they both had the potential to be poisonous, which was decidedly not good. Snakes where definitely more appealing aesthetic wise though, at least in his eyes. They could be quite cute, actually, if they weren’t trying to bite your face off or choke you or something. Sure, the ringmaster had said not to judge a book by it's cover, but Radnov still felt like this was the right choice, so... Snakes it is! (choice #2)
35300587_350.png
Radnov was not opposed to horror, he wouldn’t have come here if he was, after all, but this? This was all just a little too much, even for him. All this talk of challenges and phobias was making him more than a little anxious, and the way the ringmaster had so nonchalantly mentioned that someone would actually die at the end of this twisted game was certainly not helping.
After several minutes of quietly panicking, Radnov forced himself to take a deep breath and to actually think rationally about this whole situation. Surely, this was all just a part of the con? It was horror themed, after all, and he wouldn’t put it past the show runners to arrange something... weird like this.
Still, he felt he should take the choices he was faced with seriously, somehow. If another dragon's life was actually on the line after all, he really didn’t want to mess up.
So... spiders or snakes? Well, they both had the potential to be poisonous, which was decidedly not good. Snakes where definitely more appealing aesthetic wise though, at least in his eyes. They could be quite cute, actually, if they weren’t trying to bite your face off or choke you or something. Sure, the ringmaster had said not to judge a book by it's cover, but Radnov still felt like this was the right choice, so...
Snakes it is!
(choice #2)
9WJeET7.gif lJUgxOZ.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60982939][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/609830/60982939_350.png[/img][/url] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2360rrbawqe4flt/lightningmid.png[/img] Misa sighed in annoyance when the screen blacked out, and turned to her brother, Miso, who smiled and nodded. [color=darkcyan]"Yes, I think honey drops would be wonderful, sis."[/color] Misa giggled and stood to move to the back of the room to buy them the treats, but she suddenly felt a pull in her mind, and whirled towards the hall. The lights flickered, and she felt Miso move towards her, his body slightly shielding her from the pair of dragons that had materialized in the hall. When the lights flickered and the ringmaster appeared, Misa gasped quietly and flared her nostrils. They both stared as the colorful dragon trapped the two newcomers on the stage, and Misa hissed under her breath to Miso: [color=orangered]"Get down! Behind the couch!"[/color] They two of them moved behind the piece of furniture and watched what was happening with narrowed eyes and anxious tail-twitches. [color=darkcyan]"I don't want any part of this [i]game[/i] that he wants us to play."[/color] Miso growled, earning a small whack from his sister. [color=orangered]"None of us do, 'Iso, but look around. Does it look like we have much of a choice? Plus, I must admit I'm a bit curious. As long as we play our cards right... what's the worst that could happen?"[/color] She grinned, although the flickering shadows cast by the lamplight concealed it. [color=orangered]"I've been dying for some entertainment."[/color] Miso frowned and glanced at her, then sighed. [color=darkcyan]"Well, it doesn't look like anyone else in this room has any bright ideas."[/color] He gestured to the dragons around them.[color=darkcyan]"So whatever, I'm in."[/color]Misa grinned again and was about to say something, but her brother shushed her. [color=darkcyan]"No, we need to listen. Something he says might be a clue."[/color] When the two options were revealed, Misa gasped and paled. [color=orangered]"Oh no. Nonononononono. There is absolutely NO way that we're picking spiders. I can't stand them. Frickin' creepy-crawly crawl-in-your-mouth-and-eat-your-insides bugs."[/color] Miso stayed silent for a few moments, deliberating in his mind, but finally nodded. [color=darkcyan]"I agree. Snakes seems the best option, even though I'm not too fond of them, myself. But yes. Let's go with Snakes."[/color] The twins inched through the second door, Misa looking around excitedly and Miso tittering nervously and fidgeting with his pearl. When they arrived at the river, the two scanned their options, and Miso gave the large snakes a dark look and inched away, glancing at the other who had accompanied them to see what they would choose. Suddenly he realized that Misa was striding toward the bridge confidently, and he gave a small yelp, grabbing her arm and pulling her back. [color=darkcyan]"Are you insane!? What happened to deciding together, 'Isa? We need to stick together if we're going to make it through this."[/color] Misa cast her eyes down and nodded. [color=orangered]"You're right, Miso. Sorry, a just got caught up in the excitement, I guess. But I feel like that's the right path."[/color] Miso paused and stared at the bridge for a moment before nodding. [color=darkcyan]"Yes, fine. Let's take that path. I'll grab one torch, you grab the other."[/color] And with that, the two of them glided over to the torches, flying to avoid the ground, just in case, and grabbed them from the sconces, holding the fire close to the ground to scare the snakes away. [color=orangered]"Let's go!"[/color] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2360rrbawqe4flt/lightningmid.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60982938][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/609830/60982938_350.png[/img][/url] (Just in case it wasn't clear, they chose the Second Phobia, Snakes, and then the second option, the bridge)[/center]
60982939_350.png

lightningmid.png

Misa sighed in annoyance when the screen blacked out, and turned to her brother, Miso, who smiled and nodded. "Yes, I think honey drops would be wonderful, sis." Misa giggled and stood to move to the back of the room to buy them the treats, but she suddenly felt a pull in her mind, and whirled towards the hall. The lights flickered, and she felt Miso move towards her, his body slightly shielding her from the pair of dragons that had materialized in the hall. When the lights flickered and the ringmaster appeared, Misa gasped quietly and flared her nostrils. They both stared as the colorful dragon trapped the two newcomers on the stage, and Misa hissed under her breath to Miso: "Get down! Behind the couch!" They two of them moved behind the piece of furniture and watched what was happening with narrowed eyes and anxious tail-twitches. "I don't want any part of this game that he wants us to play." Miso growled, earning a small whack from his sister. "None of us do, 'Iso, but look around. Does it look like we have much of a choice? Plus, I must admit I'm a bit curious. As long as we play our cards right... what's the worst that could happen?" She grinned, although the flickering shadows cast by the lamplight concealed it. "I've been dying for some entertainment."

Miso frowned and glanced at her, then sighed. "Well, it doesn't look like anyone else in this room has any bright ideas." He gestured to the dragons around them."So whatever, I'm in."Misa grinned again and was about to say something, but her brother shushed her. "No, we need to listen. Something he says might be a clue." When the two options were revealed, Misa gasped and paled. "Oh no. Nonononononono. There is absolutely NO way that we're picking spiders. I can't stand them. Frickin' creepy-crawly crawl-in-your-mouth-and-eat-your-insides bugs." Miso stayed silent for a few moments, deliberating in his mind, but finally nodded. "I agree. Snakes seems the best option, even though I'm not too fond of them, myself. But yes. Let's go with Snakes."

The twins inched through the second door, Misa looking around excitedly and Miso tittering nervously and fidgeting with his pearl. When they arrived at the river, the two scanned their options, and Miso gave the large snakes a dark look and inched away, glancing at the other who had accompanied them to see what they would choose. Suddenly he realized that Misa was striding toward the bridge confidently, and he gave a small yelp, grabbing her arm and pulling her back. "Are you insane!? What happened to deciding together, 'Isa? We need to stick together if we're going to make it through this." Misa cast her eyes down and nodded. "You're right, Miso. Sorry, a just got caught up in the excitement, I guess. But I feel like that's the right path." Miso paused and stared at the bridge for a moment before nodding. "Yes, fine. Let's take that path. I'll grab one torch, you grab the other." And with that, the two of them glided over to the torches, flying to avoid the ground, just in case, and grabbed them from the sconces, holding the fire close to the ground to scare the snakes away. "Let's go!"

lightningmid.png

60982938_350.png

(Just in case it wasn't clear, they chose the Second Phobia, Snakes, and then the second option, the bridge)
mVbiNgO.pngPyzT7QY.png24GL7rg.pngdVEhpEt.png0jScwbh.pngvgZFjhe.pngexUrsEs.pngh8GgOlC.pngSKppn6R.pngAer-PhantomV2.gifPdiBTNZ.pngQ7oWmMw.png7GFlGJN.pngLLXHrpZ.png
bBbrKLW.png
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/63810633][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/638107/63810633_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]As they're pushed and jostled around by the crowd, Ghost tightens their grip on their sister's claws and struggles to match her steps. They're not used to being around this many people at once- the Infection had left few survivors behind. The constant buzz of sound echoing throughout the convention halls has them fidgety and anxious. Even the screams of the fiercest monsters they'd battled had not been quite as overwhelming as this constant, oppressive wall of noise pressing in on them. Ghost curls a paw around the hem of their cloak, tries to focus on the feeling of the smooth silk slipping like water over their claws and the rhythmic swish, swish, swish of their sister's crimson mantle in front of them. A particularly loud shout from a nearby vendor startles them out of their thoughts and they flinch, hunching defensively into the folds of their cloak. Hornet glances over her shoulder in concern. Upon noticing Ghost standing rooted to the spot, she tilts her head and flicks a claw upward in a silent question. At their nod, she scoops Ghost up and tucks them in the crook of her arm, where they sag in clear relief. "Tell me sooner next time you're feeling overwhelmed, you little grub," she grumbles, though Ghost detects the faint tinge of fondness in her words. Unable to speak, they settle for patting her on the shoulder in thanks as she begins to walk again toward the flickering lights from the screen in the hotel's largest hall...[/center] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/23a991657ffe5c64c567c36fa383517c/tumblr_inline_o21bmybIsc1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [center]Soon after they arrive at the movie screening, Hornet realizes she's forgotten something in their hotel room. "Save a seat for me; I'll be right back." She promises, letting Ghost hop down and lay claim to a couch. She takes a few steps forward before coming back and pinning a spider-shaped badge to their cloak. "Just in case anything happens- call the weaverlings to you," she mutters, then hurries off. Despite the ominous edge to her words, Ghost allows themselves to relax and sink into the couch cushions. Hornet worries too much, they think, toying with the badge. Surely, nothing could happen on a night like this? The only possible danger here is the emcee's movie choice. Or so they think, right up until the two captives appear on stage, then the ringmaster with his sly, sharp smile and unsettlingly animated movements, and as Ghost's whole world tilts and their vision fades to black all they can think is, oh, oh, Hornet is [i]not[/i] going to be pleased.[/center] [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/23a991657ffe5c64c567c36fa383517c/tumblr_inline_o21bmybIsc1r3lvtf_400.png[/img][/center] [center]When they come across the three paths branching out from the clearing, Ghost stops and eyes them warily. They're not afraid of spiders, seeing as their sister is one, but all the same...they know firsthand just how dangerous they can be. They touch a paw to the badge affixed to their cloak and watch as three small silvery spiders materialize out of thin air. Any opinions? they ask, nodding toward the three paths. The weaverlings scuttle toward the second path and jump around one of the fallen tree branches near the start of the road. ...Are they telling them to use the branch as a makeshift weapon? Ghost is really starting to regret not bringing their nail. With some trepidation, they look at the large spider waiting in the trees. The rhythmic clacking of its chelicerae reminds them of a ticking clock. Right. The sooner they go through with this decision, the sooner they can get back to Hornet. But...the tree branch is a rather poor substitute for a sword... Hmm. The spider is around the size of a large dog...maybe it will behave like one, too? Maybe all it wants to do is play fetch with a stick? Ghost still isn't sure whether they should trust the judgment of the weaverlings, but as they don't exactly have any better ideas, they sigh and inch closer to the [b]spider-infested second path...[/b][/center]
63810633_350.png
As they're pushed and jostled around by the crowd, Ghost tightens their grip on their sister's claws and struggles to match her steps. They're not used to being around this many people at once- the Infection had left few survivors behind.

The constant buzz of sound echoing throughout the convention halls has them fidgety and anxious. Even the screams of the fiercest monsters they'd battled had not been quite as overwhelming as this constant, oppressive wall of noise pressing in on them.

Ghost curls a paw around the hem of their cloak, tries to focus on the feeling of the smooth silk slipping like water over their claws and the rhythmic swish, swish, swish of their sister's crimson mantle in front of them.

A particularly loud shout from a nearby vendor startles them out of their thoughts and they flinch, hunching defensively into the folds of their cloak.

Hornet glances over her shoulder in concern. Upon noticing Ghost standing rooted to the spot, she tilts her head and flicks a claw upward in a silent question.

At their nod, she scoops Ghost up and tucks them in the crook of her arm, where they sag in clear relief.

"Tell me sooner next time you're feeling overwhelmed, you little grub," she grumbles, though Ghost detects the faint tinge of fondness in her words. Unable to speak, they settle for patting her on the shoulder in thanks as she begins to walk again toward the flickering lights from the screen in the hotel's largest hall...
tumblr_inline_o21bmybIsc1r3lvtf_400.png
Soon after they arrive at the movie screening, Hornet realizes she's forgotten something in their hotel room. "Save a seat for me; I'll be right back." She promises, letting Ghost hop down and lay claim to a couch. She takes a few steps forward before coming back and pinning a spider-shaped badge to their cloak. "Just in case anything happens- call the weaverlings to you," she mutters, then hurries off.

Despite the ominous edge to her words, Ghost allows themselves to relax and sink into the couch cushions. Hornet worries too much, they think, toying with the badge. Surely, nothing could happen on a night like this? The only possible danger here is the emcee's movie choice.

Or so they think, right up until the two captives appear on stage, then the ringmaster with his sly, sharp smile and unsettlingly animated movements, and as Ghost's whole world tilts and their vision fades to black all they can think is, oh, oh, Hornet is not going to be pleased.
tumblr_inline_o21bmybIsc1r3lvtf_400.png
When they come across the three paths branching out from the clearing, Ghost stops and eyes them warily. They're not afraid of spiders, seeing as their sister is one, but all the same...they know firsthand just how dangerous they can be.

They touch a paw to the badge affixed to their cloak and watch as three small silvery spiders materialize out of thin air. Any opinions? they ask, nodding toward the three paths.

The weaverlings scuttle toward the second path and jump around one of the fallen tree branches near the start of the road.

...Are they telling them to use the branch as a makeshift weapon?

Ghost is really starting to regret not bringing their nail.

With some trepidation, they look at the large spider waiting in the trees. The rhythmic clacking of its chelicerae reminds them of a ticking clock.

Right. The sooner they go through with this decision, the sooner they can get back to Hornet.

But...the tree branch is a rather poor substitute for a sword...

Hmm. The spider is around the size of a large dog...maybe it will behave like one, too? Maybe all it wants to do is play fetch with a stick?

Ghost still isn't sure whether they should trust the judgment of the weaverlings, but as they don't exactly have any better ideas, they sigh and inch closer to the spider-infested second path...
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/32724151][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/327242/32724151_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Hayden was ready to settle in for a night of spooks and scares. He didn't really have comfortable night clothing, but what he has one is comfortable to him. He found a spot by some other dragons that was surrounded with plush pillows. The mirror's eyes darted around. He didn't want to look 'soft', but those pillows looked nice. Deciding it was worth the comfort, he settled down as the room dimmed and the movie started. It wasn't much of a movie, and Hayden hoped this wasn't how the rest of the night was going to be like. The movie was...strange, and slightly disturbing, but that's what he came for, right? The emcee said to stretch their legs and get some snacks. Walking out the room, he heard others start to scream. In front of them, two dragons stood. Between the lightning and thunder, he saw more of the figures. A wildclaw and a fairy?...fae (small dragons, Hayden always thinks they are fairies). He didn't find this too strange, thinking it was just something the production was putting on, but looking around, he noticed the fear in the other's eyes. Soon, a third dragon appeared, a coatl in a mask and top hat. Going to finish the RP later. Have a slight headache.... >.< ---- Arachnophobia: the fear of SPIDERS Choice 2 (This is going to be fun to write. Had a similar situation at my own house, only they weren't that big.)
32724151_350.png
Hayden was ready to settle in for a night of spooks and scares. He didn't really have comfortable night clothing, but what he has one is comfortable to him. He found a spot by some other dragons that was surrounded with plush pillows. The mirror's eyes darted around. He didn't want to look 'soft', but those pillows looked nice.

Deciding it was worth the comfort, he settled down as the room dimmed and the movie started. It wasn't much of a movie, and Hayden hoped this wasn't how the rest of the night was going to be like. The movie was...strange, and slightly disturbing, but that's what he came for, right?

The emcee said to stretch their legs and get some snacks. Walking out the room, he heard others start to scream. In front of them, two dragons stood. Between the lightning and thunder, he saw more of the figures. A wildclaw and a fairy?...fae (small dragons, Hayden always thinks they are fairies). He didn't find this too strange, thinking it was just something the production was putting on, but looking around, he noticed the fear in the other's eyes. Soon, a third dragon appeared, a coatl in a mask and top hat.

Going to finish the RP later. Have a slight headache.... >.<
----

Arachnophobia: the fear of SPIDERS
Choice 2 (This is going to be fun to write. Had a similar situation at my own house, only they weren't that big.)
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
After patiently listening to the ringleader’s tirade, Ilya took a moment to look around at the other dragons present. Surely, this was some event he hadn’t noticed before, and the others would have an idea of what was going on. A quick survey, however, revealed everybody looked as surprised and lost as himself. The reactions were slightly off-putting, but he wasn’t ready to panic yet. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59468730][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/594688/59468730p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [I][size=4]Given how this con has already been going, this must be some sort of surprise mystery game. I suppose there’s no harm in playing along; but I was looking forward to those movies. Oh well, it isn't like a puzzle [b]won't[/b] be fun. I guess I'll just get to it.[/size][/I] [/columns] He looked up to the projected image: a snake curled around a spider. Two rather classic fears, but he was in possession of neither. He was no stranger to snacking on both, and that made it pretty hard to be outright terrified of them. He figures the planners will still manage it in some way or another. With a little consideration, Ilya decides to take on [color=204AA8]Ophidiophobia, the fear of Snakes.[/color] Following the path, Ilya soon comes upon a river. A strikingly convincing river. A strikingly convincing river that also looked strikingly dangerous. Trying to swim it struck Ilya as a very bad idea. He gazed around at the possible paths across. [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59468730][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/594688/59468730p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [I][size=4]There's no way any of this is OSHA compliant. That branch looks sturdy, if not a bit precarious. If I can inch my way over I think I'd be fine. The bridge itself looks like a safe bet, but it seems deceptively easy, and I don't recognize that species. Now those snakes in the trees are [b]not[/b] happening under any circumstances. Hmm, it looks like my best bet is either the limb or the bridge.[/size][/I] [/columns] After a bit more deliberation, Ilya decides the massive fallen tree ([color=204AA8]choice one[/color]) will serve as a suitable path across the river, and begins making his way across.
After patiently listening to the ringleader’s tirade, Ilya took a moment to look around at the other dragons present. Surely, this was some event he hadn’t noticed before, and the others would have an idea of what was going on. A quick survey, however, revealed everybody looked as surprised and lost as himself. The reactions were slightly off-putting, but he wasn’t ready to panic yet.

59468730p.png Given how this con has already been going, this must be some sort of surprise mystery game. I suppose there’s no harm in playing along; but I was looking forward to those movies. Oh well, it isn't like a puzzle won't be fun. I guess I'll just get to it.

He looked up to the projected image: a snake curled around a spider. Two rather classic fears, but he was in possession of neither. He was no stranger to snacking on both, and that made it pretty hard to be outright terrified of them. He figures the planners will still manage it in some way or another. With a little consideration, Ilya decides to take on Ophidiophobia, the fear of Snakes.
Following the path, Ilya soon comes upon a river. A strikingly convincing river. A strikingly convincing river that also looked strikingly dangerous. Trying to swim it struck Ilya as a very bad idea. He gazed around at the possible paths across.

59468730p.png There's no way any of this is OSHA compliant. That branch looks sturdy, if not a bit precarious. If I can inch my way over I think I'd be fine. The bridge itself looks like a safe bet, but it seems deceptively easy, and I don't recognize that species. Now those snakes in the trees are not happening under any circumstances. Hmm, it looks like my best bet is either the limb or the bridge.

After a bit more deliberation, Ilya decides the massive fallen tree (choice one) will serve as a suitable path across the river, and begins making his way across.
C5V5o0z.png
Sadly I don't have time to RP today. :( Inked is who I'm going to be rping with when I have time! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/32412499][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/324125/32412499_350.png[/img][/url] Picking Arachnophobia Choice 1
Sadly I don't have time to RP today. :(
Inked is who I'm going to be rping with when I have time!
32412499_350.png
Picking Arachnophobia Choice 1
@AquaEmperor, @ARandomPerson, @Atavan, @bioloyg, @ClockworkEclipse, @CrashingKittens, @Crystalitar, @Crystalpixel, @darkstormyheart, @DarkYnx, @Eeree, @Elodee, @FaerieQueene, @fens, @frosmoth, @FrostyyKittens, @Ghostlindsay, @Goldia, @gryphon982, @hydrangxas, @Jaderannosaurus, @jaspernoir, @Kaimon, @Katsuji, @Loreka, @Mewru, @Mudy, @nebulavery, @odakotarose, @overose, @Saraceaser, @seekae, @ShadeytheDragon, @SilentWaves, @SilverOtter, @Sinjin, @SnacMeister, @Solstices, @Soulthreads, @TricksySixx, @Tues, @Tynethyne, @UmbraGlide, @voidbeast, @Watercolour, @Yternyty

Hey guys! This is the daily reminder ping to get your entry in if you haven't yet! You have until 6am Flight Rising time to get Day 1 under your belt! :)

If you want to be removed from this ping list because you're not planning on taking part in this event, please either comment here or PM and let me know! :)
@AquaEmperor, @ARandomPerson, @Atavan, @bioloyg, @ClockworkEclipse, @CrashingKittens, @Crystalitar, @Crystalpixel, @darkstormyheart, @DarkYnx, @Eeree, @Elodee, @FaerieQueene, @fens, @frosmoth, @FrostyyKittens, @Ghostlindsay, @Goldia, @gryphon982, @hydrangxas, @Jaderannosaurus, @jaspernoir, @Kaimon, @Katsuji, @Loreka, @Mewru, @Mudy, @nebulavery, @odakotarose, @overose, @Saraceaser, @seekae, @ShadeytheDragon, @SilentWaves, @SilverOtter, @Sinjin, @SnacMeister, @Solstices, @Soulthreads, @TricksySixx, @Tues, @Tynethyne, @UmbraGlide, @voidbeast, @Watercolour, @Yternyty

Hey guys! This is the daily reminder ping to get your entry in if you haven't yet! You have until 6am Flight Rising time to get Day 1 under your belt! :)

If you want to be removed from this ping list because you're not planning on taking part in this event, please either comment here or PM and let me know! :)
AaYNmEX.png
tqGkHih.png
reHWBXk.png
oczO35g.png
JvUa9ma.png
_
@Sylvidoptera I appreciate all the hard work you put into this and I wish everyone luck, but I don’t have time to participate fully this time around so I’ll have to bow out of the ping list :’(
@Sylvidoptera I appreciate all the hard work you put into this and I wish everyone luck, but I don’t have time to participate fully this time around so I’ll have to bow out of the ping list :’(
J5FGxHX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22