Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Alternative Worlds
Hi guys!
So my friend asked me to proof read a paper she wrote where she explained how the US would not have problems of national security, economy or immigration if SHIELD, Wayne enterprises and Oscorp existed.

She is a major Marvel freak and she actually wrote a paper about how our problems would be solved if the entities existed in the same universe. I guess she put a lot of thought into it.
The paper didn't talk about Spider Man or the Avengers she focused mainly on the work SHIELD and Wayne Enterprises did which I thought was pretty neat, guess she knows her comics cuz there was stuff on it I did't even think of researching.

It was for her philosophy class so as you can see it didn't really require much scholarly research.

This brings me to my question.
In alternate universe where these entities exist, -and they don't have to be Marvel or DC- Would you work for any of these companies?
I mean we all love Nick Fury, but do you think you could join SHIELD? or perhaps as a college student, would you seek an internship or job at Oscorp?
Just wondering.

Here is a list of companies you may look at.

Wayne Enterprises (DC)
SHIELD (Marvel)
Oscorp technologies (Marvel)
Stark Industries (Marvel)
LexCorp (DC)
Cyberdyne Systems (Terminator)
Buy N Large (WALL -E)
InGen (Jurassic Park)
Starfleet (Star Trek)
The Daily Planet
Kaiba Corp (Yu Gi Oh series)

The catch is that you can't be CEO of any of these companies so yes you would have to work for Lucius Fox or Lex or Norman/Harry Osborne.

And you cannot be an Avenger.

You are a person with a normal job, would you even apply to any of these companies?
Hi guys!
So my friend asked me to proof read a paper she wrote where she explained how the US would not have problems of national security, economy or immigration if SHIELD, Wayne enterprises and Oscorp existed.

She is a major Marvel freak and she actually wrote a paper about how our problems would be solved if the entities existed in the same universe. I guess she put a lot of thought into it.
The paper didn't talk about Spider Man or the Avengers she focused mainly on the work SHIELD and Wayne Enterprises did which I thought was pretty neat, guess she knows her comics cuz there was stuff on it I did't even think of researching.

It was for her philosophy class so as you can see it didn't really require much scholarly research.

This brings me to my question.
In alternate universe where these entities exist, -and they don't have to be Marvel or DC- Would you work for any of these companies?
I mean we all love Nick Fury, but do you think you could join SHIELD? or perhaps as a college student, would you seek an internship or job at Oscorp?
Just wondering.

Here is a list of companies you may look at.

Wayne Enterprises (DC)
SHIELD (Marvel)
Oscorp technologies (Marvel)
Stark Industries (Marvel)
LexCorp (DC)
Cyberdyne Systems (Terminator)
Buy N Large (WALL -E)
InGen (Jurassic Park)
Starfleet (Star Trek)
The Daily Planet
Kaiba Corp (Yu Gi Oh series)

The catch is that you can't be CEO of any of these companies so yes you would have to work for Lucius Fox or Lex or Norman/Harry Osborne.

And you cannot be an Avenger.

You are a person with a normal job, would you even apply to any of these companies?
Hi!

Um this sounds like an interesting thing to write a paper on, not sure if the companies would solve our problems and not the heroes themselves tho.

I don't know if i would work for the Jurassic Park or Terminator one but I would love to write for the Daily Planet. :)

Are the heroes real too or just the companies?

so like we would never have a Batman, superman or spiderman? we would just have the snobs like Harry Osborne running the companies?

I would write for the Daily Planet if it existed.
Hi!

Um this sounds like an interesting thing to write a paper on, not sure if the companies would solve our problems and not the heroes themselves tho.

I don't know if i would work for the Jurassic Park or Terminator one but I would love to write for the Daily Planet. :)

Are the heroes real too or just the companies?

so like we would never have a Batman, superman or spiderman? we would just have the snobs like Harry Osborne running the companies?

I would write for the Daily Planet if it existed.
It's so easy to say "heck yeah I'd work at Wayne Enterprises or Stark Industries!!", but I don't think I would ever work at a job like that in reality. haha
None of them really pertain to my real life interests, so even in a world with superheroes and whatnot, I'd really have no business working for those places, other than the fact that I'd just be trying to get up close and personal with superheroes/villains. xD

This paper sounds pretty cool though. I wrote my final speech for my AP English class about superheroes, and I got an A+ and everyone loved it. Best speech I've ever given, to be honest. lol

edit: I just realized I should probably mention that I'd obviously work at Arkham Asylum in a heart beat though. That's more along the lines of my interests. I love psychology, even though I'm not making it my profession in real life. :3
It's so easy to say "heck yeah I'd work at Wayne Enterprises or Stark Industries!!", but I don't think I would ever work at a job like that in reality. haha
None of them really pertain to my real life interests, so even in a world with superheroes and whatnot, I'd really have no business working for those places, other than the fact that I'd just be trying to get up close and personal with superheroes/villains. xD

This paper sounds pretty cool though. I wrote my final speech for my AP English class about superheroes, and I got an A+ and everyone loved it. Best speech I've ever given, to be honest. lol

edit: I just realized I should probably mention that I'd obviously work at Arkham Asylum in a heart beat though. That's more along the lines of my interests. I love psychology, even though I'm not making it my profession in real life. :3
uU0PD.giftumblr_inline_njw5ja1AaE1qg2i5p.giftyZnu.gif
Well considering my major I would probably consider working for most of them. but its kinda like Arkham said, i would just be trying to get close to superheroes/villains :P especially villains xD

Anything w/ the world technologies I would probably end up working for.
just because i feel like if the companies existed we would not see them the way we do now. so to me working for a place like Kaiba Corp would be as exciting as me saying now i wanna work for Apple, then I would really study hard LOL. not that they would ever hire me there but I might have a go at Oscorp or SHIELD operating the helicarrier or something. LOL

P.s I love Seto Kaiba and Harry Osborne(TASM 2 Harry) as characters. Don't ask me why, I just really enjoy those kinds of people in fiction, they are very complex, needless to say that that Kaiba and TASM2 Osborne are extremely similar.
And no, whoever played or voiced them does not influence this opinion at all.

@Arkham I would try to do the same thing LOL
Well considering my major I would probably consider working for most of them. but its kinda like Arkham said, i would just be trying to get close to superheroes/villains :P especially villains xD

Anything w/ the world technologies I would probably end up working for.
just because i feel like if the companies existed we would not see them the way we do now. so to me working for a place like Kaiba Corp would be as exciting as me saying now i wanna work for Apple, then I would really study hard LOL. not that they would ever hire me there but I might have a go at Oscorp or SHIELD operating the helicarrier or something. LOL

P.s I love Seto Kaiba and Harry Osborne(TASM 2 Harry) as characters. Don't ask me why, I just really enjoy those kinds of people in fiction, they are very complex, needless to say that that Kaiba and TASM2 Osborne are extremely similar.
And no, whoever played or voiced them does not influence this opinion at all.

@Arkham I would try to do the same thing LOL
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
Whenever I watch superhero movies or like play games about space marines, I know that they aren't about me. I wouldn't be a part of an organization like that. I'd be a scientist or medic/doctor, but not on the front lines or in the middle of political terror or in the government or something like that.
Whenever I watch superhero movies or like play games about space marines, I know that they aren't about me. I wouldn't be a part of an organization like that. I'd be a scientist or medic/doctor, but not on the front lines or in the middle of political terror or in the government or something like that.
I would be batman!
I would be batman!
17539_s.gif
I dunno about a lot of these, since I haven't seen most of the Marvel superhero movies.. but man, I'd work for Stark Industries in a heartbeat. I'm actually looking to work with technology anyway, and from what I've seen of the Iron Man series that's what Stark Industries does, so.. working there would be perfect for me, haha.
I dunno about a lot of these, since I haven't seen most of the Marvel superhero movies.. but man, I'd work for Stark Industries in a heartbeat. I'm actually looking to work with technology anyway, and from what I've seen of the Iron Man series that's what Stark Industries does, so.. working there would be perfect for me, haha.
rLSiosd.png
bYt72YT.pngW11sAlw.pngjI9KbMj.png
gp6bQfb.pngawqKoMx.pngVAnf2q2.png
Bb9XFYa.pngAaYNmEX.pngoczO35g.png
VjdktqS.pngYMPbu9R.png
WKtl2lb.png
@Arkham Good job that sounds amazing! :)

It was, I normally don't read papers on economy stuff and all that nonsense but this one was pretty neat.

@HylianMaria Sure it doesn't...
Just curious what is your major?

@Weiss *gets you a job at Stark Industries* lol that's cool, I always felt like people involved with physics and engineering were too smart for me.

@Luciana Welcome to the planet xD
@Arkham Good job that sounds amazing! :)

It was, I normally don't read papers on economy stuff and all that nonsense but this one was pretty neat.

@HylianMaria Sure it doesn't...
Just curious what is your major?

@Weiss *gets you a job at Stark Industries* lol that's cool, I always felt like people involved with physics and engineering were too smart for me.

@Luciana Welcome to the planet xD
@regalwind I am a software engineering major, so I would be like one of the tech people to go to. Companies that size always have private systems of their own they need people like me to take care of lol :D
@regalwind I am a software engineering major, so I would be like one of the tech people to go to. Companies that size always have private systems of their own they need people like me to take care of lol :D
stormcatchersiggie_zps77a9946f.png
I would have to say an instant yes to Star Fleet!

I'm majoring in International Relations/Japanese Studies and then minor in Spanish -- also love traveling -- so I'm about half way there. Just need to add a few alien languages and cultures in the mix and I'm good to go P:

And I'd probably be fine just working in Star Fleet and not necessarily being on the Enterprise. Crazy stuff seems to be going down all the time lol.
I would have to say an instant yes to Star Fleet!

I'm majoring in International Relations/Japanese Studies and then minor in Spanish -- also love traveling -- so I'm about half way there. Just need to add a few alien languages and cultures in the mix and I'm good to go P:

And I'd probably be fine just working in Star Fleet and not necessarily being on the Enterprise. Crazy stuff seems to be going down all the time lol.
Untitled_Artwork.png
rjSiOyf.gif
P R O J E C T S
the librarythe questpixel art
red_king_poro_by_lilmisssunbear-d89bpvq.gif