Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Summer plans!
1 2 3 4
I don't have TOO much planned. If all goes well I'll be taking a trip mid july to london to see my little sister's choir concert and visit an internet friend, and right after that another friend (of four years now) is moving in w/ me so that's super cool. But other than that not a tremendously busy summer.
I don't have TOO much planned. If all goes well I'll be taking a trip mid july to london to see my little sister's choir concert and visit an internet friend, and right after that another friend (of four years now) is moving in w/ me so that's super cool. But other than that not a tremendously busy summer.
Call me RK
it/its/itself OR
they/them/themself

B6ve782.gif
@Haxorus I love world traveling to visit internet friends. :) the furthest I've gone is NY (opposite side of the coast from me). That sounds like a cool summer in and of itself!
@Haxorus I love world traveling to visit internet friends. :) the furthest I've gone is NY (opposite side of the coast from me). That sounds like a cool summer in and of itself!
@Tess Oh my, then you've missed the Black Album goodness. D8 It's full of hits like Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters, Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam...
From Load/Reload, I'd recommend Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Hero of the Day, Mama Said, Ronnie, Memory Remains, Unforgiven II, Prince Charming aaaand... let's give Low Man's Lyric a chance. :D
I also highly recommend checking out their S&M concert. Metallica + San Fransisco symphony orchestra = VERY MUCH WIN.

I wouldn't even want to know how it would be like without the Stream. xD Well, I suppose we wouldn't be here to begin with but then again, Siberia has its own native people, hmm...

A song called Laulu palavasta linnusta by the Finnish band CMX is also written the same way as Kalevala. :D Goes to prove applying something from a national epic doesn't make stuff boring or bad. x)
We're so self-loving that we call the meter "kalevalamitta" which is literally Kalevala meter. |D
Now that you mentioned Michigan, I can remember that's the state I heard. I seriously can't tell the states apart except for few. :'D
@Tess Oh my, then you've missed the Black Album goodness. D8 It's full of hits like Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Nothing Else Matters, Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam...
From Load/Reload, I'd recommend Until It Sleeps, King Nothing, Hero of the Day, Mama Said, Ronnie, Memory Remains, Unforgiven II, Prince Charming aaaand... let's give Low Man's Lyric a chance. :D
I also highly recommend checking out their S&M concert. Metallica + San Fransisco symphony orchestra = VERY MUCH WIN.

I wouldn't even want to know how it would be like without the Stream. xD Well, I suppose we wouldn't be here to begin with but then again, Siberia has its own native people, hmm...

A song called Laulu palavasta linnusta by the Finnish band CMX is also written the same way as Kalevala. :D Goes to prove applying something from a national epic doesn't make stuff boring or bad. x)
We're so self-loving that we call the meter "kalevalamitta" which is literally Kalevala meter. |D
Now that you mentioned Michigan, I can remember that's the state I heard. I seriously can't tell the states apart except for few. :'D
3QONSnu.png

In the silence of the ice, even dreams become still.
@Tess

Oh my god that sounds adorable xD
My cat isn't that fat, he's just chubby. He's like, one the borderline between regular and overweight. He has a really cubby, soft fluffy belly and it loves it when I rub it x3

And ikr? The moment I saw him it was love at first sight. Every day I came in I would go straight to Winky's cage and pet him because he LOVED being petted and snuggled. He was such a precious boy, I'm so glad he found a home.

And you're right, it wouldn't be too bad as far as vet bills because it's not like a serious disability. I mean, he'll have poorer eyesight compared to a two-eyed cat. But sometimes that's enough for people to be like, "nah we don't want him" because some people want young, babby kittens that don't have any kind of deformity or injury. It's really sad. I would have taken him home in a heartbeat if my parents and my cat would have allowed it. my cat has to be the only cat in the house; he doesn't share!
@Tess

Oh my god that sounds adorable xD
My cat isn't that fat, he's just chubby. He's like, one the borderline between regular and overweight. He has a really cubby, soft fluffy belly and it loves it when I rub it x3

And ikr? The moment I saw him it was love at first sight. Every day I came in I would go straight to Winky's cage and pet him because he LOVED being petted and snuggled. He was such a precious boy, I'm so glad he found a home.

And you're right, it wouldn't be too bad as far as vet bills because it's not like a serious disability. I mean, he'll have poorer eyesight compared to a two-eyed cat. But sometimes that's enough for people to be like, "nah we don't want him" because some people want young, babby kittens that don't have any kind of deformity or injury. It's really sad. I would have taken him home in a heartbeat if my parents and my cat would have allowed it. my cat has to be the only cat in the house; he doesn't share!
@LordLauri Oh! I know those songs. Sad But True especially. My friends like to sing it to make fun of each other. Like if one of us is complaining, we'll just go "YOU KNOW IT'S SAD BUT TRUuuUuUUE" 8D
You just told me like nine songs. Actually fourteen. Well, time to make a playlist.
That sounds like an excellent idea. I am going to listen at once! It'll probably take a while for me to get back to you on all this though haha.

Something about... a singing bird? What does that title translate to? :o
Haha! Well, Michigan is the one with the great lakes around it. Kinda looks like an oven mitt.
It's funny though--the people living in the upper peninsula of Michigan, called "yupers," are known around the country for being kind of...different. They have very distinct accents and are like really friendly. And apparently, those are the people you were talking about who came from Finland. I'd never made the connection or thought that was a possibility. xD
@LordLauri Oh! I know those songs. Sad But True especially. My friends like to sing it to make fun of each other. Like if one of us is complaining, we'll just go "YOU KNOW IT'S SAD BUT TRUuuUuUUE" 8D
You just told me like nine songs. Actually fourteen. Well, time to make a playlist.
That sounds like an excellent idea. I am going to listen at once! It'll probably take a while for me to get back to you on all this though haha.

Something about... a singing bird? What does that title translate to? :o
Haha! Well, Michigan is the one with the great lakes around it. Kinda looks like an oven mitt.
It's funny though--the people living in the upper peninsula of Michigan, called "yupers," are known around the country for being kind of...different. They have very distinct accents and are like really friendly. And apparently, those are the people you were talking about who came from Finland. I'd never made the connection or thought that was a possibility. xD
@RavenHearted Awww!!! Jeeze that's so cute ;w; I'm melting hahaha

One of my childhood cats - well, it wasn't mine, but my cousin's, so I got to see him a lot - was a three-legged cat named Caesar. He was an Abyssinian so he was really super elegant and ****** looking. He lost his leg when he was hit by a car. They amputated it so the leg wouldn't keep him down. Honestly, he didn't seem to mind. He did all the normal cat things. He died of old age a few years back. It's sad to think that a cat like him might get passed up on adoption, when he was really sweet. A bit of a whiner if you didn't feed him all the time though x3

Hehe, I think my cat may be a bit like that too. It'll be hard introducing her to a new kitty when I can get a place of my own and adopt another cat. But there are ways to do it, right? Or are there really some cats that can't be socialized to other cats?
@RavenHearted Awww!!! Jeeze that's so cute ;w; I'm melting hahaha

One of my childhood cats - well, it wasn't mine, but my cousin's, so I got to see him a lot - was a three-legged cat named Caesar. He was an Abyssinian so he was really super elegant and ****** looking. He lost his leg when he was hit by a car. They amputated it so the leg wouldn't keep him down. Honestly, he didn't seem to mind. He did all the normal cat things. He died of old age a few years back. It's sad to think that a cat like him might get passed up on adoption, when he was really sweet. A bit of a whiner if you didn't feed him all the time though x3

Hehe, I think my cat may be a bit like that too. It'll be hard introducing her to a new kitty when I can get a place of my own and adopt another cat. But there are ways to do it, right? Or are there really some cats that can't be socialized to other cats?
@Tess ...I have a lot of favorite songs. xD I seriously can't name just one absolute favorite from Metallica. I mean there are days when even St. Anger sounds good but those days usually include cleaning and I need some aggressive music to listen. :'D

Okay, I'm impressed that you could understand singing and bird from the title. o_o; It's translates quite literally as "song about a burning bird". It's really hard to tell what it's about otherwise, CMX's lyrics are a bit... well, weird I suppose. I mean they derived their band name from Cloaca Maxima which was the main sewage pipe in ancient Rome. xD

Well, Finland is generally known to be "the Japan of Europe" so the people has to match their country's reputation... xD
And now I realized that the awesome vet Dr. Pol lives in Michigan and they mentioned the oven mitt thing, too. @_@
@Tess ...I have a lot of favorite songs. xD I seriously can't name just one absolute favorite from Metallica. I mean there are days when even St. Anger sounds good but those days usually include cleaning and I need some aggressive music to listen. :'D

Okay, I'm impressed that you could understand singing and bird from the title. o_o; It's translates quite literally as "song about a burning bird". It's really hard to tell what it's about otherwise, CMX's lyrics are a bit... well, weird I suppose. I mean they derived their band name from Cloaca Maxima which was the main sewage pipe in ancient Rome. xD

Well, Finland is generally known to be "the Japan of Europe" so the people has to match their country's reputation... xD
And now I realized that the awesome vet Dr. Pol lives in Michigan and they mentioned the oven mitt thing, too. @_@
3QONSnu.png

In the silence of the ice, even dreams become still.
@LordLauri LOL, "St. Anger is good cleaning music" is a pretty hilarious description of the album to me. xD

Woohoo! I'm on my way to mastery of Finnish :P No, those are just words I've heard in songs haha. Plus, "laulu" is pretty self-explanatory, right?
What the heck? Why would they name their band after something like that!?

The Japan of Europe? What is that supposed to mean? :P
Yep! So now you'll always remember Michigan. That's 1/50!
@LordLauri LOL, "St. Anger is good cleaning music" is a pretty hilarious description of the album to me. xD

Woohoo! I'm on my way to mastery of Finnish :P No, those are just words I've heard in songs haha. Plus, "laulu" is pretty self-explanatory, right?
What the heck? Why would they name their band after something like that!?

The Japan of Europe? What is that supposed to mean? :P
Yep! So now you'll always remember Michigan. That's 1/50!
@Tess
Awww poor baby! I'm glad he lived a good life though! Abyssinians are soooo gorgeous oh my god. There's this one at the shelter named Bailey; he's not an Abyssinian but he is so beautiful. He's really fluffy and he's got a bit of siamese coloring and some like grey-ish tabby stripes on his head & face he's so pretty.

There are some cats that just despise other cats. But most of them can get used to it after a while, you just have to introduce them slowly. This one volunteer said that it's best if you show the original cat that she's still important by feeding her first, giving her extra attention, etc. Most shelters probably allow you to do a check too, where you can introduce the two cats before adopting one to see how they'll get along.
@Tess
Awww poor baby! I'm glad he lived a good life though! Abyssinians are soooo gorgeous oh my god. There's this one at the shelter named Bailey; he's not an Abyssinian but he is so beautiful. He's really fluffy and he's got a bit of siamese coloring and some like grey-ish tabby stripes on his head & face he's so pretty.

There are some cats that just despise other cats. But most of them can get used to it after a while, you just have to introduce them slowly. This one volunteer said that it's best if you show the original cat that she's still important by feeding her first, giving her extra attention, etc. Most shelters probably allow you to do a check too, where you can introduce the two cats before adopting one to see how they'll get along.
@RavenHearted Siamese cats are UNFAIRLY beautiful. *___*

Haha, it's almost like humans and siblings. :D It's funny how similar we can be, right?
@RavenHearted Siamese cats are UNFAIRLY beautiful. *___*

Haha, it's almost like humans and siblings. :D It's funny how similar we can be, right?
1 2 3 4