Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Threaded Tert (Darned, Mended, Sutures)
1 2 3
I'm in support of both sutures & yarn! Either one would be a great addition. And while I understand why sutures might be too much for some players, I think that some horror-themed, Plague-y genes would be nice. Stitches could be a subtle, but creepy addition to a lot of dragons.

@clockworkMoose I love that mock-up! The yarn hair is so cute ;-;

I'm in support of both sutures & yarn! Either one would be a great addition. And while I understand why sutures might be too much for some players, I think that some horror-themed, Plague-y genes would be nice. Stitches could be a subtle, but creepy addition to a lot of dragons.

@clockworkMoose I love that mock-up! The yarn hair is so cute ;-;

[quote name="clockworkMoose" date="2020-09-11 16:10:08" ] [img]https://i.imgur.com/xjqAtLm.png[/img] Yesssssss give me dragons with yarn hair and big chunky stitches holding them together yessssss [/quote] i'm liking this and i don't even normally like the "living being stitched up like a doll" aesthhetic also saying that a stitched lookign tert would inherently only be for being a match to the patchwork genes is kind of like saying lace is inherently a partner to patchwork, or glowtail or firefly is inherently meant to pair with wasp/bee because it's clearly a bug thing. i don't think terts should be [i]specifically designed[/i] for pairing with primsec genes the same way that primsec genes are for eachother, but i think going out of our way to avoid having any tert genes that could be interpreted as being matched for primsec pairs it's just as much of a bad idea if not more so because it significantly limits our range of potential options for tert ideas. i still think it would make sense for there to be a tert version of piepaint.
clockworkMoose wrote on 2020-09-11 16:10:08:
xjqAtLm.png

Yesssssss give me dragons with yarn hair and big chunky stitches holding them together yessssss
i'm liking this and i don't even normally like the "living being stitched up like a doll" aesthhetic

also saying that a stitched lookign tert would inherently only be for being a match to the patchwork genes is kind of like saying lace is inherently a partner to patchwork, or glowtail or firefly is inherently meant to pair with wasp/bee because it's clearly a bug thing. i don't think terts should be specifically designed for pairing with primsec genes the same way that primsec genes are for eachother, but i think going out of our way to avoid having any tert genes that could be interpreted as being matched for primsec pairs it's just as much of a bad idea if not more so because it significantly limits our range of potential options for tert ideas. i still think it would make sense for there to be a tert version of piepaint.
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
[quote name="DragonSage" date="2020-09-11 02:33:57" ] One alternative stitch to use for a tertiary gene would be a Darning stitch, it would be far less medical appearing (which is nice for those who don't like that vibe, but means players who would like the stitch gene as a medical fix on their warrior dragon wouldn't get a 'sutured myself up' option). It would also be a subtle tertiary which would be nice. A few darning darning stitches (mostly placed on high motion areas like joints or places a patchwork dragon would be rubbed/touched constantly) would give it a sense of being repaired. On a dragon without the matching primary/secondary it would just be a area of subtle colors [img]https://www.ragfinery.com/newwp/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Darning-WEB.jpg[/img] Some other embroidery stitch ideas, that could still have a bit of a medical vibe but not as vivid as Sally's: [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/go89e8xpVYs/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] I do rather like the cross stitch option [/quote] I would love, love, love a tertiary gene with something along these lines. This is the first thing I thought of when I saw stitched and patchwork. I'd prefer more of the embroidery look than darning, though I'd be happy with that, too. I also like the yarn stitches idea, but not for hair/manes. That would only apply to a few breeds. Sutures? I'm not sure that would look great in every color possible. I'm trying to imagine radioactive or cyan sutures...meh.
DragonSage wrote on 2020-09-11 02:33:57:
One alternative stitch to use for a tertiary gene would be a Darning stitch, it would be far less medical appearing (which is nice for those who don't like that vibe, but means players who would like the stitch gene as a medical fix on their warrior dragon wouldn't get a 'sutured myself up' option). It would also be a subtle tertiary which would be nice. A few darning darning stitches (mostly placed on high motion areas like joints or places a patchwork dragon would be rubbed/touched constantly) would give it a sense of being repaired. On a dragon without the matching primary/secondary it would just be a area of subtle colors
Darning-WEB.jpg

Some other embroidery stitch ideas, that could still have a bit of a medical vibe but not as vivid as Sally's:
maxresdefault.jpg
I do rather like the cross stitch option

I would love, love, love a tertiary gene with something along these lines. This is the first thing I thought of when I saw stitched and patchwork. I'd prefer more of the embroidery look than darning, though I'd be happy with that, too. I also like the yarn stitches idea, but not for hair/manes. That would only apply to a few breeds. Sutures? I'm not sure that would look great in every color possible. I'm trying to imagine radioactive or cyan sutures...meh.
lGriifT.png
I think more stitchwork would look cool on other genes, but wouldn't really stand out on the two genes we have.

For a complimentary tert, I'd love to see BUTTONS.
I think more stitchwork would look cool on other genes, but wouldn't really stand out on the two genes we have.

For a complimentary tert, I'd love to see BUTTONS.
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
Support for a stitched gene, especially a gnarly one. It would allow players to have stitched/patched looking dragons using other P/S genes. A gnarly one would just be cool and go with some Plague flight aesthetics. There's enough cutesy stuff on the site for players who like that, they don't have to deal with stitched up dragons if they don't want to.
Support for a stitched gene, especially a gnarly one. It would allow players to have stitched/patched looking dragons using other P/S genes. A gnarly one would just be cool and go with some Plague flight aesthetics. There's enough cutesy stuff on the site for players who like that, they don't have to deal with stitched up dragons if they don't want to.
JS, I would DEFINITELY use a stitch tert on things besides patchwork and stitched.

I also love the idea of yarn hair and that mockup is very cute, but I really don't think it could go with anything besides patchwork and stitched unless a skin or accent was used.

I think that:

-Patchwork and Stitched absolutely need their own dedicated tert because nearly nothing else goes with them due to them coming pre-packaged with lots of dark lineart.

-Stitches would be the best solution for this because you could find use for that tertiary on the majority of other genes as well - it wouldn't exist solely as a third to patchwork and stitched.

-embroidery or darning would be even squickier than med stitches on non patch/stitch dragons, don't lie.

An alternate could be stitches + a few more patches / maybe a limb in the tert color, might give the tert color a bit more room to shine.

Threaded is a good name, Mend or Mended would be a good name as well.
JS, I would DEFINITELY use a stitch tert on things besides patchwork and stitched.

I also love the idea of yarn hair and that mockup is very cute, but I really don't think it could go with anything besides patchwork and stitched unless a skin or accent was used.

I think that:

-Patchwork and Stitched absolutely need their own dedicated tert because nearly nothing else goes with them due to them coming pre-packaged with lots of dark lineart.

-Stitches would be the best solution for this because you could find use for that tertiary on the majority of other genes as well - it wouldn't exist solely as a third to patchwork and stitched.

-embroidery or darning would be even squickier than med stitches on non patch/stitch dragons, don't lie.

An alternate could be stitches + a few more patches / maybe a limb in the tert color, might give the tert color a bit more room to shine.

Threaded is a good name, Mend or Mended would be a good name as well.
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
[quote]I also love the idea of yarn hair and that mockup is very cute, but I really don't think it could go with anything besides patchwork and stitched unless a skin or accent was used.[/quote] I don't actually like patch or stitched at all! when I drew the mockup, I was more thinking either basic (which I... actually really like basic on a lot of my dragons, it doesn't seem so [i]busy[/i]) or fade/blend! Some of the busy crazy genes it definitely wouldn't look great on, but there's already a lot of genes that don't look great (IMO) with other genes already. I don't think that should stop a gene from being added though!
Quote:

I don't actually like patch or stitched at all! when I drew the mockup, I was more thinking either basic (which I... actually really like basic on a lot of my dragons, it doesn't seem so busy) or fade/blend! Some of the busy crazy genes it definitely wouldn't look great on, but there's already a lot of genes that don't look great (IMO) with other genes already. I don't think that should stop a gene from being added though!
f2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.giff2u_cog_frog_by_dogi_crimson-dbvf4aj.gif
Fair point! I suppose I could see that getting use for pastel and goth aesthetics regardless of if stitch/patch was there or not
Fair point! I suppose I could see that getting use for pastel and goth aesthetics regardless of if stitch/patch was there or not
AbwaPSg.png
xxxxx xrdZoYH.pngOxagJgG.pngmxZJBlR.png
Q0p4QGz.png1j2YGao.pngLvsm6NG.png
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dEo6ta2.png
nWiQNX9.png
So much support. I love the yarn hair, I love the cross-stitch, and I just think if you did it right you could make both the creepy puppet side and the soft stuffie side happy. You make a gene like the proposed Yarn, and you also make a similar although definitely not the same gene that's purposefully weirder. I don't know how that would work, but support!
So much support. I love the yarn hair, I love the cross-stitch, and I just think if you did it right you could make both the creepy puppet side and the soft stuffie side happy. You make a gene like the proposed Yarn, and you also make a similar although definitely not the same gene that's purposefully weirder. I don't know how that would work, but support!
ve/they/it
[url]=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fs4/2266763]bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png[/url]
Oh, I was actually thinking about an underbelly-type gene called "embroidered" or something along those lines. I don't have a visual yet, but it would look like the dragon's underbelly has been embroidered with chunky yarn.
Oh, I was actually thinking about an underbelly-type gene called "embroidered" or something along those lines. I don't have a visual yet, but it would look like the dragon's underbelly has been embroidered with chunky yarn.
Y7SQTyD.pngwAagtYO.png
3zC95yz.png
Moon Jellies: an Undertide Subspecies
1 2 3