Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An Ancient Bet
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I still can't see this being anything other than Shadow, though that's a good point about them already having a limited breed. Arcane, perhaps?

As much as I like the design, though, if it's Plague me and the rest of Plague flight are going to riot. We've already gotten the short end of the stick with not having any fitting coli venue and sharing a BotE story with Nature; we deserve something extra freaky dangit >:V
I still can't see this being anything other than Shadow, though that's a good point about them already having a limited breed. Arcane, perhaps?

As much as I like the design, though, if it's Plague me and the rest of Plague flight are going to riot. We've already gotten the short end of the stick with not having any fitting coli venue and sharing a BotE story with Nature; we deserve something extra freaky dangit >:V
[quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2020-08-10 08:50:03" ] It definitely looks too aquatic for the desert dragons of the lightning clans, but hey, who'd have thought that the fluffy coatls are a fire breed, so what do I know. But sand and electricity would be MURDER on those glorious locks! [/quote] Actually something that makes me connect it to Lightning is the insect wings, since Stormboss does have a very insect like appearance. That's...kinda it though. Just a quick thought.
wbicepuppy wrote on 2020-08-10 08:50:03:
It definitely looks too aquatic for the desert dragons of the lightning clans, but hey, who'd have thought that the fluffy coatls are a fire breed, so what do I know. But sand and electricity would be MURDER on those glorious locks!
Actually something that makes me connect it to Lightning is the insect wings, since Stormboss does have a very insect like appearance. That's...kinda it though. Just a quick thought.
Might be water reminds me of a kelpie but shadow will be cool!
Might be water reminds me of a kelpie but shadow will be cool!
ldNLSdw.png
[quote name="panzerhaus" date="2020-08-10 09:24:36" ] As much as I like the design, though, if it's Plague me and the rest of Plague flight are going to riot. We've already gotten the short end of the stick with not having any fitting coli venue and sharing a BotE story with Nature; we deserve something extra freaky dangit >:V [/quote] If this is our plague dragon, I'm going to be [i]upset[/i]. I want something freaky, gross, and rotten.
panzerhaus wrote on 2020-08-10 09:24:36:

If this is our plague dragon, I'm going to be upset. I want something freaky, gross, and rotten.
tumblr_nml1iu5dxU1rhwezyo3_r3_500.gif
Looking at the design, the first things I notice are the vaguely insectoid features. The wings, and the antennae-like protrusions. The second thing, is obviously the overly long mane, draping all over the derg's body. The expression on the dergs face reads to me as being tired, while the short fingers and simple body shape makes me think of it seeming kind of crude in a way

I could see it as many different elements, but I feel as if it all seems far off the mood of plague and arcane. It feels too precise in a way? It looks very simple in some ways, and I feel as though a kind of primal dragon for plague or arcane would be much more chaotic in some way.

Considering the other criteria, for me that leaves earth, lightning, water, and maybe shadow.

Earth did not seem to be very likely initially, but the more I thought about it the more plausible it seemed. Insects are a very old kind of life, and combined with the tiredness, it makes me think of cicadas, long slumbering insects that are finally awake and we have heard of something stirring in deep in the earth, perhaps its these guys, waking up from their non-deadly dirt naps. Also, the long hair could just be someone not having cut their hair in a century or too.

Shadow, also, seems possible. As people have already said, the long hair is reminiscent of the almighty goopy one's goop, and I could certainly imagine one of these dergs lurking in some deep bush of brambles.

Lightning, I'm going to eliminate, simply because these designs seem far too inefficient. That hair seems like a tripping hazard as well.

Water though, seems plausible to me, which I find kind of sad, simply because I feel like it'd be a bit of a shame for this to be Water's ancient. I was really excited for some really cool deep water creature or something, but this would be cool as well I suppose. It reminds me in many ways of a kelpie, especially the hair, and you could even read the "insectoid wings" as being fins.

All in all, not sure what it's going to be, but I must say, I'm excited to read the lore, no matter what.
Looking at the design, the first things I notice are the vaguely insectoid features. The wings, and the antennae-like protrusions. The second thing, is obviously the overly long mane, draping all over the derg's body. The expression on the dergs face reads to me as being tired, while the short fingers and simple body shape makes me think of it seeming kind of crude in a way

I could see it as many different elements, but I feel as if it all seems far off the mood of plague and arcane. It feels too precise in a way? It looks very simple in some ways, and I feel as though a kind of primal dragon for plague or arcane would be much more chaotic in some way.

Considering the other criteria, for me that leaves earth, lightning, water, and maybe shadow.

Earth did not seem to be very likely initially, but the more I thought about it the more plausible it seemed. Insects are a very old kind of life, and combined with the tiredness, it makes me think of cicadas, long slumbering insects that are finally awake and we have heard of something stirring in deep in the earth, perhaps its these guys, waking up from their non-deadly dirt naps. Also, the long hair could just be someone not having cut their hair in a century or too.

Shadow, also, seems possible. As people have already said, the long hair is reminiscent of the almighty goopy one's goop, and I could certainly imagine one of these dergs lurking in some deep bush of brambles.

Lightning, I'm going to eliminate, simply because these designs seem far too inefficient. That hair seems like a tripping hazard as well.

Water though, seems plausible to me, which I find kind of sad, simply because I feel like it'd be a bit of a shame for this to be Water's ancient. I was really excited for some really cool deep water creature or something, but this would be cool as well I suppose. It reminds me in many ways of a kelpie, especially the hair, and you could even read the "insectoid wings" as being fins.

All in all, not sure what it's going to be, but I must say, I'm excited to read the lore, no matter what.
wKyST5C.gif gkGf4qe.png
HBibveN.png
[quote name="Falinks" date="2020-08-09 21:45:22" ] i'm wholly convinced it's shadow- purely bc nature and non-aligned have both been deconfirmed, and it doesn't really suit anything else. plus, let's be honest, plague, water and arcane are just begging for a crazy rule-breaking design. if it was one of those, it'd be naught but underwhelming compared to what we could have. devs promised ancient 4 would be out there, though, so crossing my fingers for that. [/quote] This. Alllllll of this.
Falinks wrote on 2020-08-09 21:45:22:
i'm wholly convinced it's shadow- purely bc nature and non-aligned have both been deconfirmed, and it doesn't really suit anything else.

plus, let's be honest, plague, water and arcane are just begging for a crazy rule-breaking design. if it was one of those, it'd be naught but underwhelming compared to what we could have. devs promised ancient 4 would be out there, though, so crossing my fingers for that.

This. Alllllll of this.
y5opRlk.gif
I'm pretty sure it would be Shadow, I don't really consider the part of them having a limited breed, because of it's being cheapest breed on the AH, other than starter breeds. Eight months into the year and it's still running only 60g/80k.
I'm pretty sure it would be Shadow, I don't really consider the part of them having a limited breed, because of it's being cheapest breed on the AH, other than starter breeds. Eight months into the year and it's still running only 60g/80k.
4QFtgPW.png
I’m just over here hoping they fix the head/neck mane so it drapes down where it’s supposed to be with the way the head is turned lmao

While I love the design overall, with how much confusion there has been for trying to figure out which flight it may belong to, I can only hope they add some more design features to it to better fit the flight. Like if it is Shadow, the hair can be goopy instead of luscious, warty skin or scabs if plague, more of a weather worn look for earth. I totally agree that an ancient for plague, water and arcane are deserving of some truly wicked awesome original and fitting ancients. Not this maned insect dragon lol. I’d be disappointed.

Though it’s still a rough design honestly, I doubt they’d not have had any more design changes since then- or even scrapped it all together. We truly can’t know until they’re released LOL
I’m just over here hoping they fix the head/neck mane so it drapes down where it’s supposed to be with the way the head is turned lmao

While I love the design overall, with how much confusion there has been for trying to figure out which flight it may belong to, I can only hope they add some more design features to it to better fit the flight. Like if it is Shadow, the hair can be goopy instead of luscious, warty skin or scabs if plague, more of a weather worn look for earth. I totally agree that an ancient for plague, water and arcane are deserving of some truly wicked awesome original and fitting ancients. Not this maned insect dragon lol. I’d be disappointed.

Though it’s still a rough design honestly, I doubt they’d not have had any more design changes since then- or even scrapped it all together. We truly can’t know until they’re released LOL
Untitled_Artwork.png
[quote name="Hag" date="2020-08-09 21:25:33" ] I was assuming the gem ancient was next, the one that we've seen previews of. :o [quote name="Undel" date="2020-04-12 16:43:17" ] Hello everyone! We had some technical difficulties with recording the stream while offline. Long story short, it was one static frame the entire recording! Whoops! But here is the end result. We hope to have better luck with future recordings with this new ancient breed! [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/becauseyoureworthit.png[/img][/center] Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim: [center][img]https://flightrising.com/dropbox/updates/trytryagain.png[/img][/center] [/quote] I'm going for it being a Shadow or Water element ancient since it's very swamp-y aesthetic. [/quote] dang what shampoo & conditioner do they use
Hag wrote on 2020-08-09 21:25:33:
I was assuming the gem ancient was next, the one that we've seen previews of. :o
Undel wrote on 2020-04-12 16:43:17:
Hello everyone! We had some technical difficulties with recording the stream while offline. Long story short, it was one static frame the entire recording! Whoops!
But here is the end result. We hope to have better luck with future recordings with this new ancient breed!
becauseyoureworthit.png

Edit: Thanks for the feedback! Here is an updated version that still can't get a trim:
trytryagain.png

I'm going for it being a Shadow or Water element ancient since it's very swamp-y aesthetic.
dang what shampoo & conditioner do they use
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
im leaning more towards arcane, since it does look rather bug like. shadow is my second guess, but i dont think it'll be that.
im leaning more towards arcane, since it does look rather bug like. shadow is my second guess, but i dont think it'll be that.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7