Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Tell me about the history of FR
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
I can't believe no one's mentioned yet that the Scrying Workshop was a godsend, because back in MY day, if you wanted to see what a gene looked like on a dragon, you had to buy or borrow one from someone else to see the preview of it on your dragon. I believe you also couldn't preview skins until like a year or two after launch.

The Vault was also not always a thing, it was added later. So was the site status box on the front page. This site has come a LONG way.

I'm as old as dirt, because I've been around since a month after launch in 2013. I was around for the first new breed to be Skydancers, and scrolled my progen Ozark within the first month. (It was a MASSIVE grind. Tidal Trouble hadn't been released yet either. We had... no games except Shock Switch for grinding out cash.)

Tomo's Trivia didn't used to be a thing! She was added for the first anniversary, starting the long tradition of adding new features to the site. (I still hold that her questions are TOO DIFFICULT, too many of the answers are too similar and I remember it being a nightmare for new players.)

I remember when Eliminate was cheap. Crazy cheap. I remember coming back after my second hiatus and being like EXCUSE ME WHAT when I went to go buy one for a dragon, though thankfully Galore made it FAR more accessible. But that wasn't for a long while.

There's actually a nicely-kept chronological list of updates if you want to go cry about how hard it was for us old-timers to play the game back in the day. xD

https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2292781

Also I remember when Cherub was released and cinnamon roll/stickybun Snappers became ALL the rage.
I can't believe no one's mentioned yet that the Scrying Workshop was a godsend, because back in MY day, if you wanted to see what a gene looked like on a dragon, you had to buy or borrow one from someone else to see the preview of it on your dragon. I believe you also couldn't preview skins until like a year or two after launch.

The Vault was also not always a thing, it was added later. So was the site status box on the front page. This site has come a LONG way.

I'm as old as dirt, because I've been around since a month after launch in 2013. I was around for the first new breed to be Skydancers, and scrolled my progen Ozark within the first month. (It was a MASSIVE grind. Tidal Trouble hadn't been released yet either. We had... no games except Shock Switch for grinding out cash.)

Tomo's Trivia didn't used to be a thing! She was added for the first anniversary, starting the long tradition of adding new features to the site. (I still hold that her questions are TOO DIFFICULT, too many of the answers are too similar and I remember it being a nightmare for new players.)

I remember when Eliminate was cheap. Crazy cheap. I remember coming back after my second hiatus and being like EXCUSE ME WHAT when I went to go buy one for a dragon, though thankfully Galore made it FAR more accessible. But that wasn't for a long while.

There's actually a nicely-kept chronological list of updates if you want to go cry about how hard it was for us old-timers to play the game back in the day. xD

Also I remember when Cherub was released and cinnamon roll/stickybun Snappers became ALL the rage.
pUVVBKl.png
Haven't seen much about the weirdness of early flight rising (we're talking 2013). For example for the longest time even the ugliest imps when for easily ~350k treasure or more and even uncommon breeds went for really high prices, I got one of my first triple gened Ridges for something like 250k t.

The Gem to treasure ratio was around 1:65 I think? as treasure was really hard to grind for, I remember getting super excited every time I got a leafy moth as at the time they hoard sold for 4000 and that was some fast money.

Wildclaw also had a weird role to them as they where often used as just a way to get more imps. They'd be paired with a imp of force most of the clutch to throw Imps as it was usually cheaper to get a fully gened Wildclaw then a Imp.
Haven't seen much about the weirdness of early flight rising (we're talking 2013). For example for the longest time even the ugliest imps when for easily ~350k treasure or more and even uncommon breeds went for really high prices, I got one of my first triple gened Ridges for something like 250k t.

The Gem to treasure ratio was around 1:65 I think? as treasure was really hard to grind for, I remember getting super excited every time I got a leafy moth as at the time they hoard sold for 4000 and that was some fast money.

Wildclaw also had a weird role to them as they where often used as just a way to get more imps. They'd be paired with a imp of force most of the clutch to throw Imps as it was usually cheaper to get a fully gened Wildclaw then a Imp.
[quote name="Phorge" date="2020-08-04 23:56:35" ] There's actually a nicely-kept chronological list of updates if you want to go cry about how hard it was for us old-timers to play the game back in the day. xD https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/2292781 [/quote] Oh, yeah. I forgot the ability to change your flight wasn't a thing. I also remember exalting a very important (but very ugly) dragon only to have scatterscrolls come out two weeks later. I remember the gem to treasure ratio being abysmal because aside from irishim, there wasn't anything to get that was worth getting in the gem marketplace.
Phorge wrote on 2020-08-04 23:56:35:

Oh, yeah. I forgot the ability to change your flight wasn't a thing.
I also remember exalting a very important (but very ugly) dragon only to have scatterscrolls come out two weeks later.

I remember the gem to treasure ratio being abysmal because aside from irishim, there wasn't anything to get that was worth getting in the gem marketplace.
Y3kY2LN.png
I guess I count as an oldie? i joined back in 2014 but i don't feel old lol
One thing I remember being big at the time was the countdown to dragon #11111111. honestly i wouldn't remember it if not for the fact that dragon #11111112 vanished due to a glitch, which caused a bit of a hullabaloo since it was so close to a milestone
I guess I count as an oldie? i joined back in 2014 but i don't feel old lol
One thing I remember being big at the time was the countdown to dragon #11111111. honestly i wouldn't remember it if not for the fact that dragon #11111112 vanished due to a glitch, which caused a bit of a hullabaloo since it was so close to a milestone
tumblr_ojt1mcNhC71rc2695o1_400.pngbonsai_wip_tadabam_by_auricolor-dadxgzt.png
@Phorge those are all very interesting. I never even considered that those features didn't always exist.
@Phorge those are all very interesting. I never even considered that those features didn't always exist.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9