Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Your Biggest Wordcount
1 2 3 4 5
ok, biggest finished piece ive ever wrote that i can find... 666 words exactly. it was a short story i wrote in school, had to make it shorter but i have a wip version thats around 850 words (?) but i started that forever ago, doubt im going to finish.

ive been trying to get better but i was and still am extremely bad with long term projects, i tend to get an idea i think is cool, write a paragraph or two, then forget about it until a couple months later and look back on it and say 'agh this is so cringe why did i ever write this' and never finish it.

i do however have a fanfic around 400 words that i actually have some motivation for so maybe that will finally get me to break the 1k record

so many people have so much words i cant im literally drowning in your peoples word counts
ok, biggest finished piece ive ever wrote that i can find... 666 words exactly. it was a short story i wrote in school, had to make it shorter but i have a wip version thats around 850 words (?) but i started that forever ago, doubt im going to finish.

ive been trying to get better but i was and still am extremely bad with long term projects, i tend to get an idea i think is cool, write a paragraph or two, then forget about it until a couple months later and look back on it and say 'agh this is so cringe why did i ever write this' and never finish it.

i do however have a fanfic around 400 words that i actually have some motivation for so maybe that will finally get me to break the 1k record

so many people have so much words i cant im literally drowning in your peoples word counts
--michael/gala/gw
--xe/xem/xyr pronouns only please
--vibing
I generally write 2k a day on this thingamajig I'm working on... but I am so much of a perfectionist and I took such a long break that it's really only 10k words xD.
I generally write 2k a day on this thingamajig I'm working on... but I am so much of a perfectionist and I took such a long break that it's really only 10k words xD.
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
Around 50K due to NaNoWriMo.

Everyone is doing really good though with their word counts! Anything is better than 0 and the number of words has nothing to do with the quality of the work! Plus some stories just aren't meant to be long. At any rate, I bet everyone's writing is amazing!
Around 50K due to NaNoWriMo.

Everyone is doing really good though with their word counts! Anything is better than 0 and the number of words has nothing to do with the quality of the work! Plus some stories just aren't meant to be long. At any rate, I bet everyone's writing is amazing!
pulvis et umbra sumus - We are dust and shadows
@martinseptim Thank you! It sounds like you've really far surpassed your past word counts, so that's equally amazing! I'm sorry that you can't share it with you family, but I understand the feeling. Mine wouldn't be thrilled with queer historical fiction or queer modern fantasy/supernatural fantasy. But hey, that's what the internet is for! You can find the right audience! May I ask what the fandom is?
@martinseptim Thank you! It sounds like you've really far surpassed your past word counts, so that's equally amazing! I'm sorry that you can't share it with you family, but I understand the feeling. Mine wouldn't be thrilled with queer historical fiction or queer modern fantasy/supernatural fantasy. But hey, that's what the internet is for! You can find the right audience! May I ask what the fandom is?
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
I'm really, really bad at finishing fics/stories. I believe my longest one was at around 10k.
I'm really, really bad at finishing fics/stories. I believe my longest one was at around 10k.
I just wrapped up my fanfic at 154,430 words!
I just wrapped up my fanfic at 154,430 words!
Largest thing I've ever written was my senior thesis, clocking in at about 4.1K words.
Largest thing I've ever written was my senior thesis, clocking in at about 4.1K words.
uzH5Loo.gifgiratina-origin.gifluxray-f.gifempoleon.gifhaxorus.giftyranitar.gif
Probably the minimum requirement for the largest paper I ever wrote in school, whatever that was. I really struggle with getting a lot of words out on my paper. I just naturally make things super concise.
Probably the minimum requirement for the largest paper I ever wrote in school, whatever that was. I really struggle with getting a lot of words out on my paper. I just naturally make things super concise.
mISblcI.gif
Dragon Sales
I have a dream journal that I kept from 2013 - 2018 and it has 50,738 words. (I stopped writing in it because I just can't remember my dreams anymore :( Maybe I should start practicing again.)

And if that doesn't count (since it's technically a lot of unconnected short texts), there's my bachelor's thesis with exactly 17k words.
I have a dream journal that I kept from 2013 - 2018 and it has 50,738 words. (I stopped writing in it because I just can't remember my dreams anymore :( Maybe I should start practicing again.)

And if that doesn't count (since it's technically a lot of unconnected short texts), there's my bachelor's thesis with exactly 17k words.
iIrk1Wj.png
@GalacticWonder that kind of word count isn't necessarily a bad thing- 400 quality words is way better than 50k words of ramble. I look at my fic sometimes and go ugh I swear I've used that exact phrase 29 times before.

I would say, try to have more faith in yourself. I'm sure your writing is great and you shouldn't dismiss it as 'cringe' or whatever. Be proud of what you're able to produce <3
@GalacticWonder that kind of word count isn't necessarily a bad thing- 400 quality words is way better than 50k words of ramble. I look at my fic sometimes and go ugh I swear I've used that exact phrase 29 times before.

I would say, try to have more faith in yourself. I'm sure your writing is great and you shouldn't dismiss it as 'cringe' or whatever. Be proud of what you're able to produce <3
mIooUy9.png
1 2 3 4 5