Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone watch The Order on Nexflix?
I just saw the preview for it and I'm a sucker for werewolves but I wanna hear from people who've actually seen it before I sink time into it?
I just saw the preview for it and I'm a sucker for werewolves but I wanna hear from people who've actually seen it before I sink time into it?
0daf0bq.gif3CqUIAq.gifhQ5VT34.gif
I have seen the first season, but not the second. I think its one of those shows where you will either like it or hate it. Its pretty goofy as in like.....campy. The way they did the werewolf mechanic was kind of cool. Each episode is either 'part 1' or 'part 2' by the way, so you can think of it as more like 5 really long episodes per season. I liked it for the most part, except for the end. They use a trope I personally dislike so much that I'm still annoyed by it, [spoiler]("And then we gave everyone amnesia so we can start fresh next time!")[/spoiler], which is why I haven't watched the second season. [emoji=guardian deadpan size=1]
I have seen the first season, but not the second. I think its one of those shows where you will either like it or hate it. Its pretty goofy as in like.....campy. The way they did the werewolf mechanic was kind of cool. Each episode is either 'part 1' or 'part 2' by the way, so you can think of it as more like 5 really long episodes per season.

I liked it for the most part, except for the end. They use a trope I personally dislike so much that I'm still annoyed by it, ("And then we gave everyone amnesia so we can start fresh next time!"), which is why I haven't watched the second season.
UEKFohX.png
If you really love werewolves or magic fantasy stuff, you might end up enjoying most of it. They added unique twists to werewolves that I've not seen elsewhere.

I felt they did a fair to decent job with character development, although sometimes the characters are a bit childish or overly dramatic. That tends to be the style of anything involving young adults though, and these are supposed to be reckless college students.

I'd have to agree with Arborpunk -- the ending left a lot to be desired. I binge watched season one when it first came out, and was completely disappointed with the ending. There were a lot of questionable actions in the end where the choices didn't exactly make sense. I won't get into the details, of course, but prepare yourself for the possibility that you'd not want to continue on after S1.

If nothing else, the werewolf concept is neat enough that I'm thankful for S1. It's why I still recommend the show to my friends in real life.

If I watch season two, it would probably be more out of curiosity to see how they could possibly integrate new characters and continue the story. I'm afraid they tied it together in a cringeworthy fashion, and ultimately that watching it may jeopardize what I enjoyed in S1.
If you really love werewolves or magic fantasy stuff, you might end up enjoying most of it. They added unique twists to werewolves that I've not seen elsewhere.

I felt they did a fair to decent job with character development, although sometimes the characters are a bit childish or overly dramatic. That tends to be the style of anything involving young adults though, and these are supposed to be reckless college students.

I'd have to agree with Arborpunk -- the ending left a lot to be desired. I binge watched season one when it first came out, and was completely disappointed with the ending. There were a lot of questionable actions in the end where the choices didn't exactly make sense. I won't get into the details, of course, but prepare yourself for the possibility that you'd not want to continue on after S1.

If nothing else, the werewolf concept is neat enough that I'm thankful for S1. It's why I still recommend the show to my friends in real life.

If I watch season two, it would probably be more out of curiosity to see how they could possibly integrate new characters and continue the story. I'm afraid they tied it together in a cringeworthy fashion, and ultimately that watching it may jeopardize what I enjoyed in S1.
O2pP6wb.png
i liked it! jerome is my fave. i haven't seen the second season so i can't attest to it, but the comedy/humor is really well done imo.
i liked it! jerome is my fave. i haven't seen the second season so i can't attest to it, but the comedy/humor is really well done imo.
Ollie | he/him
eGiN2Xv.png F8WMfQz.png thDLJf3.png
I didn't like very much tbh. I think it's because I've seen The Magicians, and it felt like a weird bootleg of that, in my opinion at least. It wasn't exactly very werewolfy, and it wasn't very magic school-y. Take my opinion with a grain of salt at least, I was only half paying attention to it.
I didn't like very much tbh. I think it's because I've seen The Magicians, and it felt like a weird bootleg of that, in my opinion at least. It wasn't exactly very werewolfy, and it wasn't very magic school-y. Take my opinion with a grain of salt at least, I was only half paying attention to it.
zfTVkus.gifnpBGP6c.gif 9KurPRs.png felixv2_by_nhlo-dc29jdc.gif
iPjVHHa.png
If you have computer/IT questions or problems, PM me! I work on computers and enjoy helping others.
The first season was okay. I couldn't finish the second season. Falls into the same traps of every other young adult fantasy series does--magic starts out as something sacred and difficult and there are rules. Then, as soon as it is convenient to the plot, all the rules are tossed out the window and suddenly everyone is magic and there are no boundaries. I did love how they portrayed the werewolves though. That was pretty neat.
The first season was okay. I couldn't finish the second season. Falls into the same traps of every other young adult fantasy series does--magic starts out as something sacred and difficult and there are rules. Then, as soon as it is convenient to the plot, all the rules are tossed out the window and suddenly everyone is magic and there are no boundaries. I did love how they portrayed the werewolves though. That was pretty neat.
So the vibe I'm getting is pretty much what I thought, watch for the werewolves, try and deal with everything else? I'm mainly hoping it gets popular enough to have good fanfiction like Teen Wolf does lol

@willathewitch
@eliatrope
@ollieshark
@zanziah
@arborpunk
So the vibe I'm getting is pretty much what I thought, watch for the werewolves, try and deal with everything else? I'm mainly hoping it gets popular enough to have good fanfiction like Teen Wolf does lol

@willathewitch
@eliatrope
@ollieshark
@zanziah
@arborpunk
0daf0bq.gif3CqUIAq.gifhQ5VT34.gif
Yeah if you don't mind shows that don't take themselves that seriously, then I'd say its worth watching, and then whenever you get to the end you can decide if you want to keep going [emoji=guardian happy size=1]
Yeah if you don't mind shows that don't take themselves that seriously, then I'd say its worth watching, and then whenever you get to the end you can decide if you want to keep going
UEKFohX.png