Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Dragon Search] Compiled Suggestions+
Greetings.

There are a number of features I would like to see added to the Dragon Search feature. A few of them could also be added to the Auction House as well, as I have seen them on various threads for that system too.

Some of these have not been brought up as feature requests by others yet, however. Please review the whole list before blowing off the entire thread. I'm actually kind of hoping a more concise thread that has all more Search Feature requests will garner more attention than scattered, individual threads.
  • Exclude Exalted Option
    This has been a rather huge request by a number of people who frequently make use of the Dragon Search feature. While some colour and gene combinations don't bring up all that many exalted dragons, some bring up so many that the pages reach into the double digits on exalted dragons alone. This can make digging through the list of dragons very frustrating for even the most patient of users, and many people just give up when they see that many pages pop up and the first page is almost nothing but exalted dragons.

The option to exclude exalted dragons from the search results is severely needed by those of us who make use of the Dragon Search feature on a frequent basis. I personally use the Dragon Search feature more than I use the Auction House or even the Forums when I go to get more dragons for breeding or the Coliseum; the majority of serious Flight Rising members I know are the same way.

Please seriously consider adding in this feature to make everyone's search time more meaningful.

• Colour Range Option
    This feature is geared more towards the serious breeder, who is looking for specific colour matches for their dragons. A lot of us use the Colour Predictor to get a specific ideal planned out before we visit the Dragon Search as we're setting up dragon pairs, however we also tend to think more in a range of colours than hardset our ideals; for example, I am willing to go 10 - 15 steps in colour for a mate for many of my dragons outside of certain experiments.

The idea for this feature is to allow us to search not by single colour options, such as Emerald/Avocado/Swamp alone, but allow us to put in two sets of colours for the Dragon Search to search between. So I could search between Emerald/Avocado/Swamp to Caribbean/Jade/Seafoam and get any dragon that had colour combination variants between those two.

I am not delusional, however. I have played with databases before, and I understand the extreme amount of work that would go into coding a search feature like this. I can understand if this is never an option that is available to us, or if it has a very severe set of limitations to it. I would, however, like to bring the suggestion to the table for the Flight Rising team to consider - this is not something that can be, or should be, rushed; it is something that would take a lot of time and a lot of love to add. If the feature is considered, that would be lovely, but if it cannot be done, that is perfectly understandable as well.

• Select Multiple Genes
    As suggested by @nika in a reply, being able to suggest more than one gene per gene type (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary) and perhaps check boxes instead of drop downs. This way, if people have more than one gene they're interested in, they can get it all taken care of in one search instead of two.

• Flight Filters
    This feature is geared more towards the serious Coliseum player. My boyfriend would go nuts if this was ever added to the Dragon Search and Auction House. It is a pretty basic feature, and it would allow the user to select a single (or if the team were feeling bold, more than one) flight to be displayed in the search results. Given that each flight has weaknesses and strengths against the other flights, many Coliseum players like to build up teams that are specific to each area that can be fought in, which requires them to have a broad range of dragons; they can't just rely on breeding their own flight type, and really need to have dragons from all eleven flights.

• Purchasable with Gems/Treasure
    Most users using the Dragon Search are trying to find specific dragons so they can buy them. We dig through the list of dragons, often to find they do not have the magical Purchase button listed; we also often find that when we either read over the Clan Profile page, or contact the user directly, the dragon we've found is not available for sale or trade. It is very disappointing, and often takes a lot more time than just the search takes, especially if there has to be a PM exchange with the dragon's current owner or we find a dragon we want on a mostly dead account.

Adding the option to include only dragons who are purchasable with currency of our choice, whether it be Gems or Treasure, would make this a whole lot less frustrating on everyone who is using the Dragon Search to find dragons to buy. A simple field tilted Purchasable with a drop down with the options of Gems or Treasure would do wonders for this process all the way around.

• Auto-Exclude Own Dragons
    This isn't exactly a huge thing, but it does sometimes get annoying on super generalised searches to run across your own flight when having to scan through a huge list of exalted dragons. I sort of go into an autopilot mode and just skim until I see a bolded, non-exalted name on the list...and sometimes find that it's my own name and just have to sigh and move on. A minor annoyance, however for those of us who have larger lairs, it would be nice to not have our own dragons come up in searches.

• Exclude Dead Accounts/Zero Energy Accounts
    This might not really need to be a feature if the Purchasable With feature is added, however it may still be useful. Basically, this would be an option to exclude dragons from accounts that have Zero Energy, which typically are dead accounts, from the Dragon Search results. On the very rare occasion, I have had someone with such an account respond to my inquiries about their dragons, but roughly 95% of the time, I don't get an answer back; I'd sort of like to just be able to filter those accounts out of the running at this point unless I'm searching for super rare colour combinations on certain breeds, etc.

Those are the expanded and compiled suggestions I have about the Dragon Search feature. Again, I know a number of them have been brought up on a few different threads, however I wanted to compile everything about the Dragon Search and add my other suggestions to it as well. If people who were backing the other threads could please add their support to this compilation, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Greetings.

There are a number of features I would like to see added to the Dragon Search feature. A few of them could also be added to the Auction House as well, as I have seen them on various threads for that system too.

Some of these have not been brought up as feature requests by others yet, however. Please review the whole list before blowing off the entire thread. I'm actually kind of hoping a more concise thread that has all more Search Feature requests will garner more attention than scattered, individual threads.
  • Exclude Exalted Option
    This has been a rather huge request by a number of people who frequently make use of the Dragon Search feature. While some colour and gene combinations don't bring up all that many exalted dragons, some bring up so many that the pages reach into the double digits on exalted dragons alone. This can make digging through the list of dragons very frustrating for even the most patient of users, and many people just give up when they see that many pages pop up and the first page is almost nothing but exalted dragons.

The option to exclude exalted dragons from the search results is severely needed by those of us who make use of the Dragon Search feature on a frequent basis. I personally use the Dragon Search feature more than I use the Auction House or even the Forums when I go to get more dragons for breeding or the Coliseum; the majority of serious Flight Rising members I know are the same way.

Please seriously consider adding in this feature to make everyone's search time more meaningful.

• Colour Range Option
    This feature is geared more towards the serious breeder, who is looking for specific colour matches for their dragons. A lot of us use the Colour Predictor to get a specific ideal planned out before we visit the Dragon Search as we're setting up dragon pairs, however we also tend to think more in a range of colours than hardset our ideals; for example, I am willing to go 10 - 15 steps in colour for a mate for many of my dragons outside of certain experiments.

The idea for this feature is to allow us to search not by single colour options, such as Emerald/Avocado/Swamp alone, but allow us to put in two sets of colours for the Dragon Search to search between. So I could search between Emerald/Avocado/Swamp to Caribbean/Jade/Seafoam and get any dragon that had colour combination variants between those two.

I am not delusional, however. I have played with databases before, and I understand the extreme amount of work that would go into coding a search feature like this. I can understand if this is never an option that is available to us, or if it has a very severe set of limitations to it. I would, however, like to bring the suggestion to the table for the Flight Rising team to consider - this is not something that can be, or should be, rushed; it is something that would take a lot of time and a lot of love to add. If the feature is considered, that would be lovely, but if it cannot be done, that is perfectly understandable as well.

• Select Multiple Genes
    As suggested by @nika in a reply, being able to suggest more than one gene per gene type (Primary, Secondary, Tertiary) and perhaps check boxes instead of drop downs. This way, if people have more than one gene they're interested in, they can get it all taken care of in one search instead of two.

• Flight Filters
    This feature is geared more towards the serious Coliseum player. My boyfriend would go nuts if this was ever added to the Dragon Search and Auction House. It is a pretty basic feature, and it would allow the user to select a single (or if the team were feeling bold, more than one) flight to be displayed in the search results. Given that each flight has weaknesses and strengths against the other flights, many Coliseum players like to build up teams that are specific to each area that can be fought in, which requires them to have a broad range of dragons; they can't just rely on breeding their own flight type, and really need to have dragons from all eleven flights.

• Purchasable with Gems/Treasure
    Most users using the Dragon Search are trying to find specific dragons so they can buy them. We dig through the list of dragons, often to find they do not have the magical Purchase button listed; we also often find that when we either read over the Clan Profile page, or contact the user directly, the dragon we've found is not available for sale or trade. It is very disappointing, and often takes a lot more time than just the search takes, especially if there has to be a PM exchange with the dragon's current owner or we find a dragon we want on a mostly dead account.

Adding the option to include only dragons who are purchasable with currency of our choice, whether it be Gems or Treasure, would make this a whole lot less frustrating on everyone who is using the Dragon Search to find dragons to buy. A simple field tilted Purchasable with a drop down with the options of Gems or Treasure would do wonders for this process all the way around.

• Auto-Exclude Own Dragons
    This isn't exactly a huge thing, but it does sometimes get annoying on super generalised searches to run across your own flight when having to scan through a huge list of exalted dragons. I sort of go into an autopilot mode and just skim until I see a bolded, non-exalted name on the list...and sometimes find that it's my own name and just have to sigh and move on. A minor annoyance, however for those of us who have larger lairs, it would be nice to not have our own dragons come up in searches.

• Exclude Dead Accounts/Zero Energy Accounts
    This might not really need to be a feature if the Purchasable With feature is added, however it may still be useful. Basically, this would be an option to exclude dragons from accounts that have Zero Energy, which typically are dead accounts, from the Dragon Search results. On the very rare occasion, I have had someone with such an account respond to my inquiries about their dragons, but roughly 95% of the time, I don't get an answer back; I'd sort of like to just be able to filter those accounts out of the running at this point unless I'm searching for super rare colour combinations on certain breeds, etc.

Those are the expanded and compiled suggestions I have about the Dragon Search feature. Again, I know a number of them have been brought up on a few different threads, however I wanted to compile everything about the Dragon Search and add my other suggestions to it as well. If people who were backing the other threads could please add their support to this compilation, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Support! Most of these things are SO practical and self-evident that, as someone who recently joined, I blinked in surprise to -not- find them already there.
Support! Most of these things are SO practical and self-evident that, as someone who recently joined, I blinked in surprise to -not- find them already there.
SUPPORT!

One other option that would be nice: checkboxes instead of a single choice for genes, so I could search for, say, (Iri or Clown) and (Shimmer or Stripes) and (any non-basic) etc.

By the way, a Flight search would be popular with way more than just heavy Coliseum fighters! I love dragons with eyes matching their other colors, and I know a lot of other people are a lot about eye color too.
SUPPORT!

One other option that would be nice: checkboxes instead of a single choice for genes, so I could search for, say, (Iri or Clown) and (Shimmer or Stripes) and (any non-basic) etc.

By the way, a Flight search would be popular with way more than just heavy Coliseum fighters! I love dragons with eyes matching their other colors, and I know a lot of other people are a lot about eye color too.
Added in your suggestion about the multi-gene search! And I didn't think about the whole eye colour matching thing, even though I have gone hunting for certain eye colours for certain dragons before. >.>
Added in your suggestion about the multi-gene search! And I didn't think about the whole eye colour matching thing, even though I have gone hunting for certain eye colours for certain dragons before. >.>
*thumbs up*

Very agreed on searching by flight at the least for dragons for Coliseum dragons. Incredibly difficult to sort through potential dragons to have a good find only to be disappointed by a flight color that doesn't allow for an enhancement you were seeking to give a home or to add to your team for balance.
*thumbs up*

Very agreed on searching by flight at the least for dragons for Coliseum dragons. Incredibly difficult to sort through potential dragons to have a good find only to be disappointed by a flight color that doesn't allow for an enhancement you were seeking to give a home or to add to your team for balance.
YES! PLEASE!

It is so frustrating to be searching for specific colors and you have to go through pages and pages sifting through exalted dragons, abandoned accounts, or just ones that are not for sale.
YES! PLEASE!

It is so frustrating to be searching for specific colors and you have to go through pages and pages sifting through exalted dragons, abandoned accounts, or just ones that are not for sale.
They/Them FR+2
Wholeheartedly supporting everything on this list. The main reason I have so much trouble finding mates for my dragons is because of a lackluster search function. (The other reason is that lackluster auction search. Siiiigh.)
Wholeheartedly supporting everything on this list. The main reason I have so much trouble finding mates for my dragons is because of a lackluster search function. (The other reason is that lackluster auction search. Siiiigh.)
Fully in support of everything in your list! :)
Fully in support of everything in your list! :)
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
Yes please, to all of these.
Yes please, to all of these.