Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | the stars are fathomless | pinkerlocke
1 2
@myriadofstars

oh of course!! thank you for taking interest haha
@myriadofstars

oh of course!! thank you for taking interest haha
bU9tVPx.png
----- [center][font=sdgsd][size=5][b]act I, chapter 2[/b][/size][/font]----- [columns][columns][item=sparkling wasp][nextcol] -----[b]Plant item[/b] 30 battles + 5 mandatory battles -----[/columns] [indent]Andromeda is now lvl 6 Doomwyte is now lvl 6 Hal is now lvl 6[/indent] [color=transparent] . . . .[/color] [nextcol][indent][quote=notable loot][item=leafy pack]x2 [item=minor health potion][/quote][/columns] -----[/center] [font=corbel]Hal’s scream jolted Doomwyte, and the whisperings in his head momentarily quieted. He stared at his claws in horror, and as Doomwyte’s eyes focused, he noticed why. A thin, rapidly spreading layer of frost was creeping across slowly inching its way up his forearms. The whisperings in his head returned with a vengeance. [i]”The second star has fallen,”[/i] one hissed. The ice crept higher up Hal’s forearms. Andromeda had rushed in at some point, and when she tried to touch the ice, the warm contact sent up a plume of steam, but the ice continued its advance. [i]”What‘s happening to Hal,”[/i] Doomwyte asked the voices panickedly, [i]“What do we do?”[/i] [i]”He must control it! Think! We have given you all the answers, you need only find them! Think!”[/i] The ice was at Hal’s shoulder’s now. “Hal! Hal, focus on me,” Doomwyte crouched in front of the spiral. “Ok, I need you to picture warmth and imagine it melting the ice away.” Hal blinked, eyes narrowing as he focused, and slowly, the ice began to hiss as it slowly crept back down towards his claws until all that remained was a thin curtain of mist that quickly dissipated in the summer heat. [i]”That was an astrality,” [/i]another voice hissed, [i]”Think of them as little...gifts from us to aid you...”[/i] “Aid us in what?” But the voices had faded and Doomwyte was on his own again. ----- [size=1][color=lightgrey]pinglist: @myriadofstars[/color]

act I, chapter 2
Sparkling Wasp
Plant item
30 battles + 5 mandatory battles

Andromeda is now lvl 6
Doomwyte is now lvl 6
Hal is now lvl 6

notable loot wrote:
Leafy Pack x2 Minor Health Potion

Hal’s scream jolted Doomwyte, and the whisperings in his head momentarily quieted. He stared at his claws in horror, and as Doomwyte’s eyes focused, he noticed why. A thin, rapidly spreading layer of frost was creeping across slowly inching its way up his forearms. The whisperings in his head returned with a vengeance.

”The second star has fallen,” one hissed. The ice crept higher up Hal’s forearms. Andromeda had rushed in at some point, and when she tried to touch the ice, the warm contact sent up a plume of steam, but the ice continued its advance.

”What‘s happening to Hal,” Doomwyte asked the voices panickedly, “What do we do?”

”He must control it! Think! We have given you all the answers, you need only find them! Think!” The ice was at Hal’s shoulder’s now.

“Hal! Hal, focus on me,” Doomwyte crouched in front of the spiral. “Ok, I need you to picture warmth and imagine it melting the ice away.” Hal blinked, eyes narrowing as he focused, and slowly, the ice began to hiss as it slowly crept back down towards his claws until all that remained was a thin curtain of mist that quickly dissipated in the summer heat.

”That was an astrality,” another voice hissed, ”Think of them as little...gifts from us to aid you...”

“Aid us in what?” But the voices had faded and Doomwyte was on his own again.

pinglist: @myriadofstars
bU9tVPx.png
Oh no! Poor Hal! Also, I'm a bit worried about Andromeda – feeling fine somehow doesn't sound good here.
Oh no! Poor Hal! Also, I'm a bit worried about Andromeda – feeling fine somehow doesn't sound good here.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
----- [center][font=sdgsd][size=5][b]act I, chapter 3[/b][/size][/font]----- [columns][columns][item=white pawn][nextcol] -----[b]trinket[/b] art/lore time!!! -----[/columns] ----- [font=corbel]Hal was tired of thinking of sunshine, but he was even more tired of being cold, and most tired of all of how strange Doomwyte was acting. The nocturne had been fidgety ever since his little outburst after Hal’s ice fiasco, practically jumping out of his skin when Andromeda asked him to help her look for something to eat. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of it, but he [i]was[/i] sure that Doomwyte would open up to them when he was ready. For now, Hal was entirely concerned with not becoming a spiral-sicle. It was nearing nightfall when Andromeda and Doomwyte returned bearing armfuls of various greens for a stew. As they sat around the small fire sipping broth from naturally curved stone bowls, Doomwyte took a deep breath. “I...I think these falling stars are connected to the strange things happening to me and Hal,” he ventured, “Two stars for the two of us.” “Then what about ‘Meda?” “Hal,” The skydancer wrinkled her nose, “You know I hate it when you call me that!” She turned to face Doomwyte, “But he has a point though. Will I have to deal with something weird too?” The nocturne nodded hesitantly, “A third star will fall soon—I’m guessing. That one’s for you.” ----- [size=1]this one’s v short and also v v late whoops [color=lightgrey]pinglist: @myriadofstars[/color]

act I, chapter 3
White Pawn
trinket
art/lore time!!!

Hal was tired of thinking of sunshine, but he was even more tired of being cold, and most tired of all of how strange Doomwyte was acting. The nocturne had been fidgety ever since his little outburst after Hal’s ice fiasco, practically jumping out of his skin when Andromeda asked him to help her look for something to eat. He wasn’t quite sure what to make of it, but he was sure that Doomwyte would open up to them when he was ready. For now, Hal was entirely concerned with not becoming a spiral-sicle.

It was nearing nightfall when Andromeda and Doomwyte returned bearing armfuls of various greens for a stew. As they sat around the small fire sipping broth from naturally curved stone bowls, Doomwyte took a deep breath.

“I...I think these falling stars are connected to the strange things happening to me and Hal,” he ventured, “Two stars for the two of us.”

“Then what about ‘Meda?”

“Hal,” The skydancer wrinkled her nose, “You know I hate it when you call me that!” She turned to face Doomwyte, “But he has a point though. Will I have to deal with something weird too?”

The nocturne nodded hesitantly, “A third star will fall soon—I’m guessing.

That one’s for you.”

this one’s v short and also v v late whoops

bU9tVPx.png
----- [center][font=sdgsd][size=5][b]act I, chapter 4[/b][/size][/font]----- [columns][columns][item=basilisk][nextcol] -----[b]familair[/b] new dragon :DDD-----[/columns] ----- [columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62298098][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/622981/62298098.png[/img][/url][nextcol][indent][font=corbel]It had been several days now, and still no sign of a third star. Every day since Doomwyte’s announcement, Andromeda had started her mornings by poking her head out the small cave, tentatively scanning the sky for the telltale glimmer of a falling star.[/columns] [font=corbel]It was her turn to do a bit of foraging today, so she decided to head out early to get in a bit of exploring while she was at it. The morning air was already beginning to heat up with the rising sun, and she stretched out her wings to their full span to cool down a bit before pushing off into the air. She had planned to head out towards the scatterings of trees to her left, but a small pulse in her orb was pulling her towards the right. Her skull twinged again. [i]Right it was.[/i] She rose above the dip in the moor and soared over the sparse scrub and heather. [i]There![/i] A small patch of heather rustled below her, accompanied by another twinge in her skull. She alighted down near it and slowly crept forward, until she was close enough to push past the weaving stalks to reveal... A small, slumbering Imperial, who stretched, reaching up to rub at her eyes before— One, two, three—too many to count—pairs of pale green eyes stared back at her. ----- [size=1]meet Chime!! [color=lightgrey]pinglist: @myriadofstars[/color]

act I, chapter 4
Basilisk
familair
new dragon :DDD

62298098.png
It had been several days now, and still no sign of a third star. Every day since Doomwyte’s announcement, Andromeda had started her mornings by poking her head out the small cave, tentatively scanning the sky for the telltale glimmer of a falling star.

It was her turn to do a bit of foraging today, so she decided to head out early to get in a bit of exploring while she was at it. The morning air was already beginning to heat up with the rising sun, and she stretched out her wings to their full span to cool down a bit before pushing off into the air. She had planned to head out towards the scatterings of trees to her left, but a small pulse in her orb was pulling her towards the right. Her skull twinged again. Right it was. She rose above the dip in the moor and soared over the sparse scrub and heather. There! A small patch of heather rustled below her, accompanied by another twinge in her skull. She alighted down near it and slowly crept forward, until she was close enough to push past the weaving stalks to reveal...

A small, slumbering Imperial, who stretched, reaching up to rub at her eyes before—

One, two, three—too many to count—pairs of pale green eyes stared back at her.

meet Chime!!

bU9tVPx.png
----- [center][font=sdgsd][size=5][b]act I, chapter 5[/b][/size][/font]----- [columns][columns][item=green jelly][nextcol] -----[b]Meat item[/b] 50 battles + 5 mandatory battles -----[/columns] [indent]Andromeda is now lvl 7 Doomwyte is now lvl 7 Hal is now lvl 7 [/indent] [color=transparent] . . . .[/color] [nextcol][indent][quote=notable loot][item=janustrap][item=unhatched ice egg] [item=basilisk] [item=leafy pack]x3 [/quote][/columns] -----[/center] [font=corbel]Doomwyte felt like he should’ve been used to all of the weird happenings that were his life now. And then Andromeda returned with enough plants for a good salad, and a tiny imperial with...far too many eyes, and he decided that things could always get more confusing. [i]”I thought you said we were the only ones left?”[/i] He hissed in the general direction of the voices in his head. [i]”Did you really assume that we did not protect others from the stars? The task ahead of you requires more than the three of you.”[/i] Doomwyte wanted to slam his head through a wall. “Guys, I found someone while I was out. This is Chime.” The imperial blinked many eyes at Hal’s dumbfounded face and curled up tighter in Andromeda’s arms. “She told me the last thing she remembers is waking up alone on the moor—“ “Just like us.” Hal interjected. Andromeda nodded. [i]”What’s our task?” “Wait until nightfall, just after the third star falls. You’ll see then.”[/i] What was the point of having all-knowing voices in his head if they weren’t going to answer any of his questions? The urge to slam his head through the wall returned, and he would have done so if not for Andromeda’s small shriek or surprise. “And who in the world are you???” A pale yellow skydancer had poked his head into their cozy little cave, petals swirling around his perplexed face. [i]”Nightfall approaches...”[/i] the voices whispered helpfully. Doomwyte sighed. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62104354][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/621044/62104354.png[/img][/url] ----- [size=1][color=lightgrey]pinglist: @myriadofstars[/color]

act I, chapter 5
Green Jelly
Meat item
50 battles + 5 mandatory battles

Andromeda is now lvl 7
Doomwyte is now lvl 7
Hal is now lvl 7

notable loot wrote:
Janustrap Unhatched Ice Egg Basilisk Leafy Pack x3

Doomwyte felt like he should’ve been used to all of the weird happenings that were his life now. And then Andromeda returned with enough plants for a good salad, and a tiny imperial with...far too many eyes, and he decided that things could always get more confusing.

”I thought you said we were the only ones left?” He hissed in the general direction of the voices in his head.

”Did you really assume that we did not protect others from the stars? The task ahead of you requires more than the three of you.”

Doomwyte wanted to slam his head through a wall.

“Guys, I found someone while I was out. This is Chime.” The imperial blinked many eyes at Hal’s dumbfounded face and curled up tighter in Andromeda’s arms.

“She told me the last thing she remembers is waking up alone on the moor—“

“Just like us.” Hal interjected.

Andromeda nodded.

”What’s our task?”

“Wait until nightfall, just after the third star falls. You’ll see then.”
What was the point of having all-knowing voices in his head if they weren’t going to answer any of his questions? The urge to slam his head through the wall returned, and he would have done so if not for Andromeda’s small shriek or surprise.

“And who in the world are you???” A pale yellow skydancer had poked his head into their cozy little cave, petals swirling around his perplexed face.

”Nightfall approaches...” the voices whispered helpfully.

Doomwyte sighed.

62104354.png

bU9tVPx.png
----- [center][font=sdgsd][size=5][b]act I, chapter 6[/b][/size][/font]----- [columns][columns][item=pretty aqua head bow][nextcol] -----[b]apparel[/b] this is late b we’ll roll w it -----[/columns] ----- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60132131][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/601322/60132131.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59084090][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/590841/59084090.png[/img][/url] [font=corbel]Ever since Kaia woke up in what was seemingly the middle of nowhere with Fabian and their eggs, the days had been mostly quiet and monotonous. But now, sunset was quickly approaching, and something felt off. It was ominous, the way dark clouds loomed on the horizon, or the way the sun shone blood red in the sky and lengthened the trees’ twisted shadows into grasping, clawing hands. She clutched her eggs closer to her chest as Fabian paced back and forth anxiously, nearly jumping out of his skin when a small ball of bright white light flickered into existence before them in stark contrast with the darkening world. [i]Follow me[/i], it seemed to beckon, and they did. Just as the sun dipped below the horizon, they reached the crest of the hill, and watched in shock as a third star began to fall, illuminating twisting shapes in the shadows. The dip in the moor they were staring into erupted into light as a skydancer stumbled out of one of the small caves dotting the outcropping, her eyes and mouth and hands bursting aglow. Kaia and Fabian ducked behind one of the monoliths, shivering with fear as the warped shadowy creatures drew closer, but they stopped at the edge of the enormous stones, avoiding the light. A small nocturne rushed after the glowing skydancer and whispered frantically in her ear, and slowly, the light faded from her, and she slumped into the arms of the spiral next to her. Assured of his friend’s safety, the nocturne turned his star-filled eyes towards Kaia and her family in the shadow of the great stone, then to the snarling shadows beyond. She stepped into the light of their small campfire, followed by her mate, carrying their clutch of five eggs. Introductions would have to be made, but for now, as the shadows inches closer, they had greater problems to face. ----- [size=1]whoopsies [color=lightgrey]pinglist: @myriadofstars[/color]

act I, chapter 6
Pretty Aqua Head Bow
apparel
this is late b we’ll roll w it

60132131.png 59084090.png

Ever since Kaia woke up in what was seemingly the middle of nowhere with Fabian and their eggs, the days had been mostly quiet and monotonous. But now, sunset was quickly approaching, and something felt off. It was ominous, the way dark clouds loomed on the horizon, or the way the sun shone blood red in the sky and lengthened the trees’ twisted shadows into grasping, clawing hands. She clutched her eggs closer to her chest as Fabian paced back and forth anxiously, nearly jumping out of his skin when a small ball of bright white light flickered into existence before them in stark contrast with the darkening world.

Follow me, it seemed to beckon, and they did.

Just as the sun dipped below the horizon, they reached the crest of the hill, and watched in shock as a third star began to fall, illuminating twisting shapes in the shadows. The dip in the moor they were staring into erupted into light as a skydancer stumbled out of one of the small caves dotting the outcropping, her eyes and mouth and hands bursting aglow. Kaia and Fabian ducked behind one of the monoliths, shivering with fear as the warped shadowy creatures drew closer, but they stopped at the edge of the enormous stones, avoiding the light. A small nocturne rushed after the glowing skydancer and whispered frantically in her ear, and slowly, the light faded from her, and she slumped into the arms of the spiral next to her. Assured of his friend’s safety, the nocturne turned his star-filled eyes towards Kaia and her family in the shadow of the great stone, then to the snarling shadows beyond. She stepped into the light of their small campfire, followed by her mate, carrying their clutch of five eggs. Introductions would have to be made, but for now, as the shadows inches closer, they had greater problems to face.

whoopsies

bU9tVPx.png
----- [center][font=sdgsd][size=5][b]act I, chapter 7[/b][/size][/font]----- [columns][columns][item=heartred croaker leg][nextcol] -----[b]Meat item[/b] 50 battles + 5 mandatory battles -----[/columns] [indent] Andromeda is lvl 8 Enris is lvl 6 Kaia is lvl 6 [/indent] [color=transparent] . . . .[/color] [nextcol][indent][quote=notable loot][item=autumn dryad][item=leafy pack]x2 [item=minor health potion] [item=greenroot janustrap] [item=meditate] [item=coral basilisk][/quote][/columns] -----[/center] [font=corbel]Hal wasn’t proud of the scream he let out when he saw the shadowy creatures hissing at the edge of the ring of monoliths. “What are those things?” As expected, it was Doomwyte who answered his question. Doomwyte seemed to know a lot of things no one else did. “I don’t know. They definitely won’t be helping us deal with all this...strangeness though.” “Should we try and fight them off somehow?” Hal let a snowball form in his palm and tried lobbing it at one of the strange creatures, striking it square in what appeared to be its snout. The ice crackled and hissed as it spread across the creature’s body, and it growled in pain, whipping its head back and forth to try and drive off the ice, before disappearing with a sharp sizzling noise. “Well, that answers one of our questions. What now?” Doomwyte held out an arm, “Let’s wait out the night. I feel like they’ll be gone by morning. Uh, so how about we start with some introductions. We can help you move your eggs into the cave we’re living in.” The green skydancer stepped forward, while what Hal assumes to be his mate helped Andromeda and Chime carry her eggs inside. “I am Fabian, and my mate’s name is Kaia. We were led here by this glowing light.” “Oh, so was I! My name’s Enris, by the way.” Doomwyte introduced himself next, followed by Hal and Chime and Andromeda when they exited the cave. “You’re welcome to stay with us as long as you want,” Hal piped up, “We’ve got more than enough room and the company’ll be nice!” Fabian and Kaia shared a glance, before the pearlcatcher nodded. “We would be grateful.” “Great,” Hal grinned brightly, “Do you guys like potato and leek soup?” ----- [size=1][color=lightgrey]pinglist: @myriadofstars[/color]

act I, chapter 7
Heartred Croaker Leg
Meat item
50 battles + 5 mandatory battles

Andromeda is lvl 8
Enris is lvl 6
Kaia is lvl 6

notable loot wrote:
Autumn Dryad Leafy Pack x2 Minor Health Potion Greenroot Janustrap Meditate Coral Basilisk

Hal wasn’t proud of the scream he let out when he saw the shadowy creatures hissing at the edge of the ring of monoliths.

“What are those things?” As expected, it was Doomwyte who answered his question. Doomwyte seemed to know a lot of things no one else did.

“I don’t know. They definitely won’t be helping us deal with all this...strangeness though.”

“Should we try and fight them off somehow?” Hal let a snowball form in his palm and tried lobbing it at one of the strange creatures, striking it square in what appeared to be its snout. The ice crackled and hissed as it spread across the creature’s body, and it growled in pain, whipping its head back and forth to try and drive off the ice, before disappearing with a sharp sizzling noise.

“Well, that answers one of our questions. What now?” Doomwyte held out an arm,

“Let’s wait out the night. I feel like they’ll be gone by morning. Uh, so how about we start with some introductions. We can help you move your eggs into the cave we’re living in.” The green skydancer stepped forward, while what Hal assumes to be his mate helped Andromeda and Chime carry her eggs inside.

“I am Fabian, and my mate’s name is Kaia. We were led here by this glowing light.”

“Oh, so was I! My name’s Enris, by the way.” Doomwyte introduced himself next, followed by Hal and Chime and Andromeda when they exited the cave.

“You’re welcome to stay with us as long as you want,” Hal piped up, “We’ve got more than enough room and the company’ll be nice!” Fabian and Kaia shared a glance, before the pearlcatcher nodded.

“We would be grateful.”

“Great,” Hal grinned brightly, “Do you guys like potato and leek soup?”

bU9tVPx.png
1 2