Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | New? Introduce Yourself Here!
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I've been floating here for a handful of days now but I was a bit forum-shy.

Howdy, I'm Draedylith the Quidnunc, call me by whatever you choose to.

I'm not one for excessive descriptions or past stories, but what I can say is that I've always had an intense affinity for anything dragon-related, and my life has more-or-less been influenced by this. I've been involved in many communities (furry, homestuck, lgbt, etc) and spend the majority of my time thinking and dreaming of bigger things.

I&#039;ve been very smitten with what I&#039;ve seen from the community here, and I hope that I can do some outreach and get to know some wonderful souls here. Feel free to message and chit-chat if the thought crosses your mind. <3

Otherwise, I hope everyone&#039;s doing well and that this site continues to grow and thrive. There&#039;s a lot of potential in a unique community such as this one.
I&#039;ve been floating here for a handful of days now but I was a bit forum-shy.

Howdy, I&#039;m Draedylith the Quidnunc, call me by whatever you choose to.

I&#039;m not one for excessive descriptions or past stories, but what I can say is that I&#039;ve always had an intense affinity for anything dragon-related, and my life has more-or-less been influenced by this. I&#039;ve been involved in many communities (furry, homestuck, lgbt, etc) and spend the majority of my time thinking and dreaming of bigger things.

I&#039;ve been very smitten with what I&#039;ve seen from the community here, and I hope that I can do some outreach and get to know some wonderful souls here. Feel free to message and chit-chat if the thought crosses your mind. <3

Otherwise, I hope everyone&#039;s doing well and that this site continues to grow and thrive. There&#039;s a lot of potential in a unique community such as this one.
pzH94O0.png
Well hello, my fellows. My name on here is certainly a mouthful, but don&#039;t worry, I prefer to be called Sytex anyday. That&#039;s "sigh-tex." You have no idea how many people say syntax or Semtex. I&#039;m not an error or an explosive, I am a scaly, thank you very much.

I am actually very forum savvy, as of now. I serve as a moderator on The Furry Forums. But for whatever reason, I was hesitant to begin posting here. I guess it&#039;s because all the other stuff is so distracting that I forgot to? Probably so. In any event, I&#039;m going to start checking this section out.

Time to learn what I like. Well, let me be brief.

Music

EBM
Futurepop
Dance
Trance
Industrial
Aggrotech
Electrosynth
Neue Deutsche Härte
Industrial Metal
Symphonic Metal
Gothic Metal
Progressive Metal
Power Metal
Alternative
Orchestra (X-ray Dog, Epica, Audiomachine, that kind of stuff, considering this is such a vague genre)

Could be more, but hey, that would take ages to gather. But this is generally what I listen to. Not a fan of Dubstep (or anything like it) or Death Metal, and I dislike Celldweller and Dragonforce despite their fitting into a few of these genres, in their stead, I like Blue Stahli and Blind Guardian. I also like a few assorted songs outside the genres, but very few. Coldplay is the only band I really pay attention to in such a manner. I&#039;m very music oriented

Video games are way easier to cover. I&#039;ll play RPG, shooter, Platformer, Action/Adventure, arcade, Racing, Fighting and sandbox. I&#039;ll play anything within those so long as it is well designed, fair and/or has an intriguing story (if one at all). Pokemon, Metroid, DBZ Budokai/Tenkaichi, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Burnout, Sonic, Spyro and Halo are my most played game series&#039;, and I like to say I&#039;m pretty good at them.

Movies and TV are very sparing for me, but I enjoy a good fantasy, sci-fi, action or comedy show/film. Can&#039;t do horror, for whatever reason I&#039;m a wuss and... well, I get mad at horror movies? I don&#039;t know, they make me rather irritated for some reason. Books on the other hand... let the fear factor flow. Yeah yeah, I&#039;m weird like that. But with books, I am a straight fantasy reader, not into reading too much else unless it&#039;s non-fiction or realistic fiction. Movies, shows and video games do more justice to science fiction than writing, for me.

As for my skills and hobbies... Well, to start, I like to say I&#039;m pretty skilled at voice acting and stage acting, aiming to get somewhere with those. I also have a distinct knack for writing (just read my clan info and the summaries for Felicity and Forza on here, that&#039;s an example), and I hope to bring that with me over the years. I currently suck at drawing and painting, but I intend to refine it in years to come, with the help of my two good friends ZaelisXae and Taluns. I also do constant studies into philosophy, and on a more medical side, psychiatry. I am also huge on Zoology and Natural History, but I could do to refine my skills there.

In any case. I am thrilled to have been playing here, and I hope to meet some of the awesome people I have seen around! I hope you all have a wonderful time, as well!
Well hello, my fellows. My name on here is certainly a mouthful, but don&#039;t worry, I prefer to be called Sytex anyday. That&#039;s "sigh-tex." You have no idea how many people say syntax or Semtex. I&#039;m not an error or an explosive, I am a scaly, thank you very much.

I am actually very forum savvy, as of now. I serve as a moderator on The Furry Forums. But for whatever reason, I was hesitant to begin posting here. I guess it&#039;s because all the other stuff is so distracting that I forgot to? Probably so. In any event, I&#039;m going to start checking this section out.

Time to learn what I like. Well, let me be brief.

Music

EBM
Futurepop
Dance
Trance
Industrial
Aggrotech
Electrosynth
Neue Deutsche Härte
Industrial Metal
Symphonic Metal
Gothic Metal
Progressive Metal
Power Metal
Alternative
Orchestra (X-ray Dog, Epica, Audiomachine, that kind of stuff, considering this is such a vague genre)

Could be more, but hey, that would take ages to gather. But this is generally what I listen to. Not a fan of Dubstep (or anything like it) or Death Metal, and I dislike Celldweller and Dragonforce despite their fitting into a few of these genres, in their stead, I like Blue Stahli and Blind Guardian. I also like a few assorted songs outside the genres, but very few. Coldplay is the only band I really pay attention to in such a manner. I&#039;m very music oriented

Video games are way easier to cover. I&#039;ll play RPG, shooter, Platformer, Action/Adventure, arcade, Racing, Fighting and sandbox. I&#039;ll play anything within those so long as it is well designed, fair and/or has an intriguing story (if one at all). Pokemon, Metroid, DBZ Budokai/Tenkaichi, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Burnout, Sonic, Spyro and Halo are my most played game series&#039;, and I like to say I&#039;m pretty good at them.

Movies and TV are very sparing for me, but I enjoy a good fantasy, sci-fi, action or comedy show/film. Can&#039;t do horror, for whatever reason I&#039;m a wuss and... well, I get mad at horror movies? I don&#039;t know, they make me rather irritated for some reason. Books on the other hand... let the fear factor flow. Yeah yeah, I&#039;m weird like that. But with books, I am a straight fantasy reader, not into reading too much else unless it&#039;s non-fiction or realistic fiction. Movies, shows and video games do more justice to science fiction than writing, for me.

As for my skills and hobbies... Well, to start, I like to say I&#039;m pretty skilled at voice acting and stage acting, aiming to get somewhere with those. I also have a distinct knack for writing (just read my clan info and the summaries for Felicity and Forza on here, that&#039;s an example), and I hope to bring that with me over the years. I currently suck at drawing and painting, but I intend to refine it in years to come, with the help of my two good friends ZaelisXae and Taluns. I also do constant studies into philosophy, and on a more medical side, psychiatry. I am also huge on Zoology and Natural History, but I could do to refine my skills there.

In any case. I am thrilled to have been playing here, and I hope to meet some of the awesome people I have seen around! I hope you all have a wonderful time, as well!
Hey guys! I&#039;m taking the first steps out of my flight&#039;s forum and finding my way to the other ones finally... :P I&#039;m Fiyero, but you can call me pretty much anything you want! I&#039;m known as Andrew, Andy, Hawkclaw and Hawk elsewhere on the internet and I&#039;ll respond to practically everything!

As for my likes... Well, I like almost every kind of music, and I&#039;m really only not fond of Country and Heavy Metal. I tend to feel most comfortable with Indie Rock and Electronica, I&#039;ve found. I listen most to Owl City, Vocaloids, a few Christian Indie Rock bands, and I&#039;m starting to make my way toward regular Indie Rock groups.

I also enjoy being a part of a few fandoms. For instance, musicals (as my username suggests), and also Homestuck, Adventure Time, Avatar and Legend of Korra, book fandoms, etc.

I enjoy writing when I have the time for it, but my busy lifestyle for the last few years has required me to only dabble in poetry. I also play french horn and organ, which I&#039;ve been taking lessons for for several years. I&#039;ve been taking piano lessons for 10 years, and I also love to sing!

I absolutely love to chat about pretty much anything, so if you&#039;re ever bored, just PM me or whatever, and I&#039;ll be sure to respond! I hope to see you guys around!
Hey guys! I&#039;m taking the first steps out of my flight&#039;s forum and finding my way to the other ones finally... :P I&#039;m Fiyero, but you can call me pretty much anything you want! I&#039;m known as Andrew, Andy, Hawkclaw and Hawk elsewhere on the internet and I&#039;ll respond to practically everything!

As for my likes... Well, I like almost every kind of music, and I&#039;m really only not fond of Country and Heavy Metal. I tend to feel most comfortable with Indie Rock and Electronica, I&#039;ve found. I listen most to Owl City, Vocaloids, a few Christian Indie Rock bands, and I&#039;m starting to make my way toward regular Indie Rock groups.

I also enjoy being a part of a few fandoms. For instance, musicals (as my username suggests), and also Homestuck, Adventure Time, Avatar and Legend of Korra, book fandoms, etc.

I enjoy writing when I have the time for it, but my busy lifestyle for the last few years has required me to only dabble in poetry. I also play french horn and organ, which I&#039;ve been taking lessons for for several years. I&#039;ve been taking piano lessons for 10 years, and I also love to sing!

I absolutely love to chat about pretty much anything, so if you&#039;re ever bored, just PM me or whatever, and I&#039;ll be sure to respond! I hope to see you guys around!
vvOaikV.png latest?cb=20160630221936.png MJcAyJf.png TlR11Ji.png
Join Tattered Weave, a new pet site in open beta! You can discover the Tatters' secrets and surrounding remnants, while befriending and interacting with kith and NPCs alike.
Greetings! I found this site from discussing games in a chat room at another sim game (Furry-Paws, where you have a kennel of show dogs to train and breed). It looked intriguing so I joined up. Quickly became addicted!

For my name I chose &#039;Bathos&#039; since it&#039;s such an amusing word with an amusing meaning and it sort of fits me. (Look it up:) )

I&#039;m wandering about learning the ropes here and this is my first post in the forums.

As for interests,let me see now. I&#039;m a country music fan but I also love some rock, jazz and classical. I prefer documentaries such as animal stuff (especially reptiles and amphibians! I love frogs!), forensic medicine and the paranormal to the regular mudane tv shows. I&#039;m a bookworm and I also do crafts such as sewing, writing and drawing. I am currently working on my very own illustrated novel of a story that I&#039;ve had in my head for a few years now.

Oh, I am also female, 56 years old and residing in North Carolina. I&#039;m friendly and not inclined to bite so feel free to drop me a message any time!
Greetings! I found this site from discussing games in a chat room at another sim game (Furry-Paws, where you have a kennel of show dogs to train and breed). It looked intriguing so I joined up. Quickly became addicted!

For my name I chose &#039;Bathos&#039; since it&#039;s such an amusing word with an amusing meaning and it sort of fits me. (Look it up:) )

I&#039;m wandering about learning the ropes here and this is my first post in the forums.

As for interests,let me see now. I&#039;m a country music fan but I also love some rock, jazz and classical. I prefer documentaries such as animal stuff (especially reptiles and amphibians! I love frogs!), forensic medicine and the paranormal to the regular mudane tv shows. I&#039;m a bookworm and I also do crafts such as sewing, writing and drawing. I am currently working on my very own illustrated novel of a story that I&#039;ve had in my head for a few years now.

Oh, I am also female, 56 years old and residing in North Carolina. I&#039;m friendly and not inclined to bite so feel free to drop me a message any time!
Hi I&#039;m Cairan =)
I am a 3D art student studying in New Zealand, and i love dragons!
I first heard about flight rising a year or two ago on neondragon&#039;s site (she has been my favorite artist for years) and i am so happy that it is finally up and running =)
Other than dragons, i love Pokemon, writing, creating many different types of artwork and reading fantasy novels (especially Temeraire, The Inheritance Cycle and A Song of Ice and Fire)
Awesome to meet you all! =)
Hi I&#039;m Cairan =)
I am a 3D art student studying in New Zealand, and i love dragons!
I first heard about flight rising a year or two ago on neondragon&#039;s site (she has been my favorite artist for years) and i am so happy that it is finally up and running =)
Other than dragons, i love Pokemon, writing, creating many different types of artwork and reading fantasy novels (especially Temeraire, The Inheritance Cycle and A Song of Ice and Fire)
Awesome to meet you all! =)
Sup, I&#039;m Megan. I&#039;m 23 years old (soon to be 24 which just blows my mind) and live in California. I&#039;m a huge language geek - I have an associate&#039;s in foreign languages (took mostly Spanish and French although my French is pretty nonexistent) and I&#039;m (finally) transferring to CSU San Jose with plans to major in Japanese and minor in Spanish. As the username would suggest, I&#039;m also a huge Pokemon nerd, which was my gateway drug to fandomy things as a child. (It also turned me into the most gigantic weaboo for a few years, and that&#039;s not a term I throw around lightly. Such were not my glory days.) Currently my main fandom is Homestuck, although at the moment I&#039;m also quite fond of Adventure Time, Madoka Magica, Portal, Mother (especially Mother 3), and obviously still Pokemon as well. I&#039;ve had a number of other fandoms in the past, too, and while I might not be as actively interested at the moment, I generally remain fond of them.

Other than that, I&#039;m not really sure what to say. I guess since musical preferences seem to be a current theme here, I&#039;ll go with that. I&#039;ll listen to most things (although I really don&#039;t care for most rap, whiny old-school country, or most things with screaming/death growls in them.) But I&#039;m surprisingly picky about what I outright like, and that tends to be pretty varied and maybe a little odd. Mostly soundtracks to things, though. Here are a bunch of examples of current and former favorite songs of mine. (If you actually clicked/listened to all of those, I commend you.) Really though, I&#039;m just glad Call Me Maybe isn&#039;t everywhere anymore
Sup, I&#039;m Megan. I&#039;m 23 years old (soon to be 24 which just blows my mind) and live in California. I&#039;m a huge language geek - I have an associate&#039;s in foreign languages (took mostly Spanish and French although my French is pretty nonexistent) and I&#039;m (finally) transferring to CSU San Jose with plans to major in Japanese and minor in Spanish. As the username would suggest, I&#039;m also a huge Pokemon nerd, which was my gateway drug to fandomy things as a child. (It also turned me into the most gigantic weaboo for a few years, and that&#039;s not a term I throw around lightly. Such were not my glory days.) Currently my main fandom is Homestuck, although at the moment I&#039;m also quite fond of Adventure Time, Madoka Magica, Portal, Mother (especially Mother 3), and obviously still Pokemon as well. I&#039;ve had a number of other fandoms in the past, too, and while I might not be as actively interested at the moment, I generally remain fond of them.

Other than that, I&#039;m not really sure what to say. I guess since musical preferences seem to be a current theme here, I&#039;ll go with that. I&#039;ll listen to most things (although I really don&#039;t care for most rap, whiny old-school country, or most things with screaming/death growls in them.) But I&#039;m surprisingly picky about what I outright like, and that tends to be pretty varied and maybe a little odd. Mostly soundtracks to things, though. Here are a bunch of examples of current and former favorite songs of mine. (If you actually clicked/listened to all of those, I commend you.) Really though, I&#039;m just glad Call Me Maybe isn&#039;t everywhere anymore
HXGY.png
partymini.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16