Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | Fodder
Hello! I see people trading dragons for all sorts of things and I'm confused as to what fodder is. All help is appreciated :)
Hello! I see people trading dragons for all sorts of things and I'm confused as to what fodder is. All help is appreciated :)
bHeX9bv.png
@Totallynotjoey

A dragon being "fodder" means they're going to be exalted to one of the deities, usually after being trained a little bit in the Coliseum so they're worth more money. Fodder is sold as both adults and hatchlings, depending on whether the buyer wants to wait for them to grow up or not. Most of the people selling fodder either breed their own, or buy hatchlings and wait for them to grow up to adults (since adult dragons are worth more, since they can be trained immediately).

It's a necessary part of the FR ecosystem that keeps the site from getting overrun with dragons that take up too much server space.

[Latest edit: More detail]
@Totallynotjoey

A dragon being "fodder" means they're going to be exalted to one of the deities, usually after being trained a little bit in the Coliseum so they're worth more money. Fodder is sold as both adults and hatchlings, depending on whether the buyer wants to wait for them to grow up or not. Most of the people selling fodder either breed their own, or buy hatchlings and wait for them to grow up to adults (since adult dragons are worth more, since they can be trained immediately).

It's a necessary part of the FR ecosystem that keeps the site from getting overrun with dragons that take up too much server space.

[Latest edit: More detail]
Esme, a very red and Plague-themed Skydancer. A medallion depicting the Plaguebringer in profile.
@SwiftIsHere Oh I see! Thank you for that!
@SwiftIsHere Oh I see! Thank you for that!
bHeX9bv.png