Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Any People from Gaia Online?
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Redeim" date="2020-05-13 20:21:07" ] oh man! I joined Gaia when I was a freshman in high school. It was my first exposure to forum-based roleplaying, and to be honest I don't know what I did on the internet before Gaia... :v I remember having such a huge crush on Ian. That webcomic series they did where he went missing or whatever had me on the edge of my seat. haha I check it every few months to make sure a bot hasn't taken over my main account again, but otherwise Gaia really became... disappointing. I feel like you can't go anywhere on the site without some form of a soft paywall, and it's rather frustrating. I never check the forums anymore, either (mainly cause I'm not on enough, but also because the last time I look there were no threads of interest on it). [/quote] OOo ooo I had the biggest crush on Gino Gambino!! [s]I love the soft boys[/s] I remember they would do those valentines events where you could give valentines to the NPCs and get a picture of them in return. I used to looove reading the comics whenever they got posted. Is it even possible for a bot to take over your account? Idk I get why they had to charge real money for so much stuff, without the sponsorships rolling in from corps like Skittles and Crunchyroll they have to make money to keep the servers running and pay the people who make the avi items. But still it sucks, I wish there was some other way for them to make money. Yeah the forums are pretty disappointing. Even if you do manage to find a interesting topic the odds that you'll get a response from anyone is pretty low.
Redeim wrote on 2020-05-13 20:21:07:
oh man! I joined Gaia when I was a freshman in high school. It was my first exposure to forum-based roleplaying, and to be honest I don't know what I did on the internet before Gaia... :v I remember having such a huge crush on Ian. That webcomic series they did where he went missing or whatever had me on the edge of my seat. haha

I check it every few months to make sure a bot hasn't taken over my main account again, but otherwise Gaia really became... disappointing. I feel like you can't go anywhere on the site without some form of a soft paywall, and it's rather frustrating. I never check the forums anymore, either (mainly cause I'm not on enough, but also because the last time I look there were no threads of interest on it).

OOo ooo I had the biggest crush on Gino Gambino!! I love the soft boys
I remember they would do those valentines events where you could give valentines to the NPCs and get a picture of them in return. I used to looove reading the comics whenever they got posted.

Is it even possible for a bot to take over your account? Idk I get why they had to charge real money for so much stuff, without the sponsorships rolling in from corps like Skittles and Crunchyroll they have to make money to keep the servers running and pay the people who make the avi items. But still it sucks, I wish there was some other way for them to make money.

Yeah the forums are pretty disappointing. Even if you do manage to find a interesting topic the odds that you'll get a response from anyone is pretty low.
pzVHSdD.gifdon't get sucked into the pit!
[quote name="shozurei" date="2020-05-13 20:56:34" ] I played for a couple of years, then got bored. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I used to. I remember I once got hacked and had to use a friend's account to get the new username so I could fix it. [/quote] Oh noooo! yeah accounts getting hacked on Gaia was disturbingly common, idk if it's bc we all had stupid passwords like 1234 or what. Internet security was not a big thing back then and even now the site doesn't run https!
shozurei wrote on 2020-05-13 20:56:34:
I played for a couple of years, then got bored. I just didn't enjoy it as much as I used to. I remember I once got hacked and had to use a friend's account to get the new username so I could fix it.

Oh noooo! yeah accounts getting hacked on Gaia was disturbingly common, idk if it's bc we all had stupid passwords like 1234 or what. Internet security was not a big thing back then and even now the site doesn't run https!
OMG

I looked for this game through YEARS!

Once i tried it, but that time the olny pc what my family had, always got some problem and i forget about this game

Maybe i'll make a new account
OMG

Once i tried it, but that time the olny pc what my family had, always got some problem and i forget about this game

[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2020-05-13 23:03:33" ] I joined Gaia like a month ago sjflgsljfh I love all the avatar options! [/quote] Oh man I wish you could have been there back in the day! The avatars and items were arguably uglier but there's something really charming about them.... Plus the community was always bopping with activity, you could just pop in to the towns or the rally and eavesdrop on people or just jump in to their convo and make friends! People at anime cons would exchange Gaia info too TToTT it was soooo coool
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2020-05-13 23:03:33:
I joined Gaia like a month ago sjflgsljfh I love all the avatar options!

Oh man I wish you could have been there back in the day! The avatars and items were arguably uglier but there's something really charming about them....

Plus the community was always bopping with activity, you could just pop in to the towns or the rally and eavesdrop on people or just jump in to their convo and make friends! People at anime cons would exchange Gaia info too TToTT it was soooo coool
[quote name="Saci97" date="2020-05-14 08:59:00" ] OMG I looked for this game through YEARS! Once i tried it, but that time the olny pc what my family had, always got some problem and i forget about this game Maybe i'll make a new account [/quote] DUUUDE you should and we can add each other! If you want to use the Towns and Rally it requires some fiddling with adobe flash but it's so worth it! If you want to find me on there my username is Sabreisk
Saci97 wrote on 2020-05-14 08:59:00:
OMG

DUUUDE you should and we can add each other!

If you want to use the Towns and Rally it requires some fiddling with adobe flash but it's so worth it!

If you want to find me on there my username is Sabreisk
Oh lord, I've been on and off Gaia since 2008 or 2009. It's kind of a cesspool, but it's a fun cesspool.

I think the funniest thing is when they totally tanked the economy with those gold grab things, to the point where there are college textbooks about economics that mention it as a case study.

The avatars are still cute though, and they've kinda fixed things with platinum. You can actually earn enough treasure to buy something cool after just a day or two of posting and doing other daily stuff.
Oh lord, I've been on and off Gaia since 2008 or 2009. It's kind of a cesspool, but it's a fun cesspool.

I think the funniest thing is when they totally tanked the economy with those gold grab things, to the point where there are college textbooks about economics that mention it as a case study.

The avatars are still cute though, and they've kinda fixed things with platinum. You can actually earn enough treasure to buy something cool after just a day or two of posting and doing other daily stuff.
[quote name="Harvestable" date="2020-05-14 10:08:21" ] Oh lord, I've been on and off Gaia since 2008 or 2009. It's kind of a cesspool, but it's a fun cesspool. I think the funniest thing is when they totally tanked the economy with those gold grab things, to the point where there are college textbooks about economics that mention it as a case study. The avatars are still cute though, and they've kinda fixed things with platinum. You can actually earn enough treasure to buy something cool after just a day or two of posting and doing other daily stuff. [/quote] Omg yeah, the whole gold generator thing was WILD. I am grateful that the old owners of the site are back and are actively trying to fix things. They have a "Ask the Staff" every week so users can participate too, which I think is nice. Also they don't remove posts of people complaining about the site as a whole.
Harvestable wrote on 2020-05-14 10:08:21:

Omg yeah, the whole gold generator thing was WILD.

I am grateful that the old owners of the site are back and are actively trying to fix things. They have a "Ask the Staff" every week so users can participate too, which I think is nice. Also they don't remove posts of people complaining about the site as a whole.
[quote name="@Astrolotl" date="2020-05-14 08:59:04" ] [quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2020-05-13 23:03:33" ] I joined Gaia like a month ago sjflgsljfh I love all the avatar options! [/quote] Oh man I wish you could have been there back in the day! The avatars and items were arguably uglier but there's something really charming about them.... Plus the community was always bopping with activity, you could just pop in to the towns or the rally and eavesdrop on people or just jump in to their convo and make friends! People at anime cons would exchange Gaia info too TToTT it was soooo coool [/quote] That sounds like a ton of fun! :D Alas I was running rampant on ChickenSmoothie for the past 10 years XD There is definitely something charming about old website design and art
@Astrolotl wrote on 2020-05-14 08:59:04:

Oh man I wish you could have been there back in the day! The avatars and items were arguably uglier but there's something really charming about them....

Plus the community was always bopping with activity, you could just pop in to the towns or the rally and eavesdrop on people or just jump in to their convo and make friends! People at anime cons would exchange Gaia info too TToTT it was soooo coool
That sounds like a ton of fun! :D Alas I was running rampant on ChickenSmoothie for the past 10 years XD There is definitely something charming about old website design and art
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
[quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2020-05-14 11:07:56" ] [quote name="@Astrolotl" date="2020-05-14 08:59:04" ] [quote name="ImpossibleJedi4" date="2020-05-13 23:03:33" ] I joined Gaia like a month ago sjflgsljfh I love all the avatar options! [/quote] Oh man I wish you could have been there back in the day! The avatars and items were arguably uglier but there's something really charming about them.... Plus the community was always bopping with activity, you could just pop in to the towns or the rally and eavesdrop on people or just jump in to their convo and make friends! People at anime cons would exchange Gaia info too TToTT it was soooo coool [/quote] That sounds like a ton of fun! :D Alas I was running rampant on ChickenSmoothie for the past 10 years XD There is definitely something charming about old website design and art [/quote] Woah ChickenSmoothie! I've never heard of it but it looks super cute. I never had the patience for pet sites (I barely have the patience for this one lol).
ImpossibleJedi4 wrote on 2020-05-14 11:07:56:
@Astrolotl wrote on 2020-05-14 08:59:04:

That sounds like a ton of fun! :D Alas I was running rampant on ChickenSmoothie for the past 10 years XD There is definitely something charming about old website design and art

Woah ChickenSmoothie! I've never heard of it but it looks super cute. I never had the patience for pet sites (I barely have the patience for this one lol).
Oh yes! I used to do Gaia Online, met my ex on there HA! It was a great place to make a character and build a world around it. At first the roleplay community was fantastic but it grew so toxic.

Such a shame.

):
Oh yes! I used to do Gaia Online, met my ex on there HA! It was a great place to make a character and build a world around it. At first the roleplay community was fantastic but it grew so toxic.

Such a shame.

):
tumblr_o2wq01MvnL1ulofs2o9_500.png
1 2 3 4