Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | [Breed] Breeding with Friends
1 2
I think it would make for a fun way to interact with your friends if you were able to breed your dragons. Though I am aware it is possible to do so by trading your dragons, being able to breed without having to trade would be nice. Perhaps it could be done similarly, where you send a request to a player on your friend list for the two to breed.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I'm quite new.
I think it would make for a fun way to interact with your friends if you were able to breed your dragons. Though I am aware it is possible to do so by trading your dragons, being able to breed without having to trade would be nice. Perhaps it could be done similarly, where you send a request to a player on your friend list for the two to breed.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, I'm quite new.
I think I may have seen similar ideas around before, but that's fine c:
I'd definitely support being able to breed your dragons with your friends dragons without having to trade them. I'd feel much safer knowing that my dragons were in my own lair.

One of the main things I could see being an issue would be:
Which user gets the eggs in their nesting grounds?
Are they evenly split? (Is it only possible to get even number clutches like 2 and 4 eggs to avoid one player getting more eggs than another?)
I think I may have seen similar ideas around before, but that's fine c:
I'd definitely support being able to breed your dragons with your friends dragons without having to trade them. I'd feel much safer knowing that my dragons were in my own lair.

One of the main things I could see being an issue would be:
Which user gets the eggs in their nesting grounds?
Are they evenly split? (Is it only possible to get even number clutches like 2 and 4 eggs to avoid one player getting more eggs than another?)
A good point. Perhaps it could give the players the option to select who gets which/how many egg, but if a decision cannot be made then the union may be cancelled?
A good point. Perhaps it could give the players the option to select who gets which/how many egg, but if a decision cannot be made then the union may be cancelled?
Hmm. The owner of the female could retain the nest and eggs while the rest is worked out solely between the players (kind of like studding is in other games/in real life?).

I don't think there's any fool-proof way of doing this that doesn't involve the possibility of something going wrong or users backing out though, so you'd have to take the chance.
Hmm. The owner of the female could retain the nest and eggs while the rest is worked out solely between the players (kind of like studding is in other games/in real life?).

I don't think there's any fool-proof way of doing this that doesn't involve the possibility of something going wrong or users backing out though, so you'd have to take the chance.
fireshieldl.png
ePOliyb.png
QRVupBA.png
fdUVIfW.png
rnKnsgE.png

Jd88XNq.png
rix3ppo.png
mlHpBMC.png
YMPbu9R.png
A way to fix it could be making a temporary nest for the two users and letting them negotiate the eggs themselves?
A way to fix it could be making a temporary nest for the two users and letting them negotiate the eggs themselves?
The sun warms the soilowHD2Fr.pngon a cool autumn day.
This has been suggested before, although I have no idea where that board went. I think the idea developed into...Two users can pay a fee to use a "neutral" nest. One user provides the female and one the male; both must be ready to breed. Both users must also have a nest available on their own. The two dragons breed and there are always an even number of eggs. The eggs get split between the two, and the hatchlings' eye colors are randomly given based on the flights of the parents (at a 50/50 ratio). Once the eggs are divided, they are placed into that user's empty nest for that user to be responsible for incubation. Obviously, the two different parents are shown in the geneology despite being owned by different people.

I support this. A lot of people want to try to include eye color in their breeding to get their dream dragons. And it would be a great way for friends and strangers to interact. However, I can imagine this would take some effort to code, so I could see why it would take a while to release.
This has been suggested before, although I have no idea where that board went. I think the idea developed into...Two users can pay a fee to use a "neutral" nest. One user provides the female and one the male; both must be ready to breed. Both users must also have a nest available on their own. The two dragons breed and there are always an even number of eggs. The eggs get split between the two, and the hatchlings' eye colors are randomly given based on the flights of the parents (at a 50/50 ratio). Once the eggs are divided, they are placed into that user's empty nest for that user to be responsible for incubation. Obviously, the two different parents are shown in the geneology despite being owned by different people.

I support this. A lot of people want to try to include eye color in their breeding to get their dream dragons. And it would be a great way for friends and strangers to interact. However, I can imagine this would take some effort to code, so I could see why it would take a while to release.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Really interesting idea. I support this
Really interesting idea. I support this
For what it's worth, the dev team has made it quite clear that "studding" services or breeding between dragons not housed in the same lair is not something they're interested in implementing.
For what it's worth, the dev team has made it quite clear that "studding" services or breeding between dragons not housed in the same lair is not something they're interested in implementing.
15evlog.jpg
Oh, I see. Fair enough!
Oh, I see. Fair enough!
Sounds awesome
Sounds awesome
I'm finally back!
1 2