Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [closed] Thanks!
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 37
@Meredith44

Hello! Another newbie in here, one that would love to participate in your raffle.

As for today's question: I love both historical fiction and any sort of book that has some sort of historical content in it. I know a lot of people find this sort of books boring lol but I find them to be much more interesting than other types of genres, just because I believe there ir no way contextualizing the present without fist studying the past. As for my favorite work: The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende. I keep trying to get people to read it !!
@Meredith44

Hello! Another newbie in here, one that would love to participate in your raffle.

As for today's question: I love both historical fiction and any sort of book that has some sort of historical content in it. I know a lot of people find this sort of books boring lol but I find them to be much more interesting than other types of genres, just because I believe there ir no way contextualizing the present without fist studying the past. As for my favorite work: The House of Spirits by Isabel Allende. I keep trying to get people to read it !!
Gladekeeperbanner_zps21ce84b1.jpeg
@Meredith44 one ticket please! and for the extra ticket question, I'm a very picky reader but I love fantasy books! My favorite work though is the Scott pilgrim comic book series C:
@Meredith44 one ticket please! and for the extra ticket question, I'm a very picky reader but I love fantasy books! My favorite work though is the Scott pilgrim comic book series C:
following FR time
@Meredith44 Hello, new Spark here! :3

Hmm, as for genres, I like high fantasy and sci-fi, the more far fetched the better. I certainly couldn't name my favorite book ever, but I just completed Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, and it has to be my favorite of the ones I've read recently.
@Meredith44 Hello, new Spark here! :3

Hmm, as for genres, I like high fantasy and sci-fi, the more far fetched the better. I certainly couldn't name my favorite book ever, but I just completed Laini Taylor's Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy, and it has to be my favorite of the ones I've read recently.
2bfdd77017e6f0289016e6a68045ddb4832f47bf.png
@Meredith44
I'd love to enter, thank you so much!

You're a librarian? That sounds wonderful! I absolutely love to read anything I can get my hands on, but lately I've been on a roll with the fantasy genre. Dystopian is getting a little tiring, to be honest.
I'm a very indecisive person, so I can never settle on having a single utmost favorite work, but if I have to point out one in particular it'd have to be The Name of the Wind. I was reading it in a bus trip and I broke down crying midway. No shame.
@Meredith44
I'd love to enter, thank you so much!

You're a librarian? That sounds wonderful! I absolutely love to read anything I can get my hands on, but lately I've been on a roll with the fantasy genre. Dystopian is getting a little tiring, to be honest.
I'm a very indecisive person, so I can never settle on having a single utmost favorite work, but if I have to point out one in particular it'd have to be The Name of the Wind. I was reading it in a bus trip and I broke down crying midway. No shame.
@Meredith44 One ticket please!
And for the extra ticket, my preferred genre to read is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though my favorite book is a tossup between Clan of the Cave Bear and Watership Down.
@Meredith44 One ticket please!
And for the extra ticket, my preferred genre to read is Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though my favorite book is a tossup between Clan of the Cave Bear and Watership Down.
@Meredith44 I'd like to claim tickets! (tickets plural since I happen to be in Lightning)

I tend to like sci-fi the best, especially the Hitchhiker's Guide series, but my absolute favorite book has to be Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by the same author.

I've also been meaning to get into Dresden Files.
@Meredith44 I'd like to claim tickets! (tickets plural since I happen to be in Lightning)

I tend to like sci-fi the best, especially the Hitchhiker's Guide series, but my absolute favorite book has to be Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency by the same author.

I've also been meaning to get into Dresden Files.
@Meredith44 Hi newbie Spark here!
@Meredith44 Hi newbie Spark here!
EWGDnVM.png

(coming soon!)
@Meredith44 Those are some sweet prizes. Mind if I get a ticket? :D
@Meredith44 Those are some sweet prizes. Mind if I get a ticket? :D
@dobermanners Yes, you have 2! (And thanks. There are so many lovely dragons on this site. It's addictive!) Have you read Patrica Briggs' Mercy Thompson series? It's about werewolves, and I've enjoyed it so far.

@ShimoOkami Entered! (And thanks. I love them, and it will be difficult parting, but I'm hoping others will love them as much.) I totally understand the need to do research! (Although mine is for RP, not writing. I'm an awful writer.) I read the first in the Redwall series for a class and really liked it.

@Turien I swear I hadn't read your comment before I rec'd Patricia Briggs to dobermanners. I had not heard of Lindsay Buroker, but The Emperor's Edge looks really interesting.

@Kimdra I understand that feeling!

@Mikk Entered!

@leozo Two tickets, even! And, gee, you like that series? I'm not sure I knew that. :P (I got it out of the library forever ago with the intention of reading it, but then RL intervened and I never got to it. It's still on my to-read list, though!)

@CeriseHood Yes, you may. Entered!

@Darkdragonfiend You are entered!

@MagmaIre Yes you may. Entered!

@Diada Is there a historical period that you like best? And I've heard of the book, but haven't read it. It's not my general type of book, but it looks interesting. And entered!

@Ghostasaur I've heard of it (was it a movie? I think I heard of it as a movie?), but I haven't read it. And entered!

@Zerohour Entered! And that trilogy looks interesting!

@shrapnelsong Entered! I don't know that I can list a favorite book either. But I loved that book!

@Enalon Entered! I loved The Clan of the Cave Bear, but the series went downhill, in my opinion. I loved Watership Down as well.

@awestriker I loved The Dresden Files! I read all 14 books in less than a month last summer. So, uh, yes, I'd recommend trying it if you like urban fantasy. And Douglas Adams came to talk at my university, and he was really fascinating.

@Tymache You have been entered!

@ToraYasha I'm glad you like them, and I don't mind. Have a ticket!
@dobermanners Yes, you have 2! (And thanks. There are so many lovely dragons on this site. It's addictive!) Have you read Patrica Briggs' Mercy Thompson series? It's about werewolves, and I've enjoyed it so far.

@ShimoOkami Entered! (And thanks. I love them, and it will be difficult parting, but I'm hoping others will love them as much.) I totally understand the need to do research! (Although mine is for RP, not writing. I'm an awful writer.) I read the first in the Redwall series for a class and really liked it.

@Turien I swear I hadn't read your comment before I rec'd Patricia Briggs to dobermanners. I had not heard of Lindsay Buroker, but The Emperor's Edge looks really interesting.

@Kimdra I understand that feeling!

@Mikk Entered!

@leozo Two tickets, even! And, gee, you like that series? I'm not sure I knew that. :P (I got it out of the library forever ago with the intention of reading it, but then RL intervened and I never got to it. It's still on my to-read list, though!)

@CeriseHood Yes, you may. Entered!

@Darkdragonfiend You are entered!

@MagmaIre Yes you may. Entered!

@Diada Is there a historical period that you like best? And I've heard of the book, but haven't read it. It's not my general type of book, but it looks interesting. And entered!

@Ghostasaur I've heard of it (was it a movie? I think I heard of it as a movie?), but I haven't read it. And entered!

@Zerohour Entered! And that trilogy looks interesting!

@shrapnelsong Entered! I don't know that I can list a favorite book either. But I loved that book!

@Enalon Entered! I loved The Clan of the Cave Bear, but the series went downhill, in my opinion. I loved Watership Down as well.

@awestriker I loved The Dresden Files! I read all 14 books in less than a month last summer. So, uh, yes, I'd recommend trying it if you like urban fantasy. And Douglas Adams came to talk at my university, and he was really fascinating.

@Tymache You have been entered!

@ToraYasha I'm glad you like them, and I don't mind. Have a ticket!
@Meredith44
Can I join please?
@Meredith44
Can I join please?
8962197.gif8962174.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.giftumblr_n69vu8VRkE1t0ibwro8_250.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif8962175.gif8962151.gif
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 36 37