Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anyone play an instrument?
1 2 3 4 5
yeah i play piano
yeah i play piano
@Olivemylove Yeah, that's the good thing about it! I remember being super nervous at my in-person auditions but have previously recorded auditions for honor band which were audio, and it was frustrating because I'd be a perfectionist about it lol

@Okie that's so awesome! I've always preferred low register flute over high register (by a long-shot). It just sounds so rich and beautiful, but because it's easily drowned out it's not really used at all in full ensembles. The only time I get to do low register is solos. I just wish it was used more often because it has so much potential!
@Olivemylove Yeah, that's the good thing about it! I remember being super nervous at my in-person auditions but have previously recorded auditions for honor band which were audio, and it was frustrating because I'd be a perfectionist about it lol

@Okie that's so awesome! I've always preferred low register flute over high register (by a long-shot). It just sounds so rich and beautiful, but because it's easily drowned out it's not really used at all in full ensembles. The only time I get to do low register is solos. I just wish it was used more often because it has so much potential!
fKJwbdW.png
Percussionist here! I've played a mix of drums (snare, base, drum set, timpani, etc.), bells/xylophone/vibraphone/marimba, piano, and auxiliary percussion (tambourine, gong, triangle hehe, all the etc.) for a bit over 8 years now. It's been a great journey!

Despite all of that, I only really learned to read music about 2-3 years ago, as in reading notes. I had always been able to read rhythms on sheet music, but was always crap at reading notes, and so I mainly learned by ear in that department. My inability had actually made me a pretty flexible member of jazz band for a while because sometimes there wouldn't be sheet music for my instrument (vibraphone) so I would get to improvise a part by ear. Those were fun times!

Right now during the quarantine I'm working on piano since, uhhhh, yea I can NOT afford a straight up vibraphone or drum set. I'm working on this song, Prelude in C Minor by Rachmaninoff, and it is DEFINITELY my most challenging piece yet... I've got the first part down I think, but it's still very slow. One day I hope I can play with the skill of that recording!

It's also just a really poignant song to me, based on a dream he had where he finds himself laying in a coffin. And he wrote it at only 18! Definitely inspiring to an 18 year-old like me to learn how to play it!

Overall... If I had to choose the most fun percussion instrument to play... I would personally choose the tambourine. IDK it's just AMAZING and underrated!
Percussionist here! I've played a mix of drums (snare, base, drum set, timpani, etc.), bells/xylophone/vibraphone/marimba, piano, and auxiliary percussion (tambourine, gong, triangle hehe, all the etc.) for a bit over 8 years now. It's been a great journey!

Despite all of that, I only really learned to read music about 2-3 years ago, as in reading notes. I had always been able to read rhythms on sheet music, but was always crap at reading notes, and so I mainly learned by ear in that department. My inability had actually made me a pretty flexible member of jazz band for a while because sometimes there wouldn't be sheet music for my instrument (vibraphone) so I would get to improvise a part by ear. Those were fun times!

Right now during the quarantine I'm working on piano since, uhhhh, yea I can NOT afford a straight up vibraphone or drum set. I'm working on this song, Prelude in C Minor by Rachmaninoff, and it is DEFINITELY my most challenging piece yet... I've got the first part down I think, but it's still very slow. One day I hope I can play with the skill of that recording!

It's also just a really poignant song to me, based on a dream he had where he finds himself laying in a coffin. And he wrote it at only 18! Definitely inspiring to an 18 year-old like me to learn how to play it!

Overall... If I had to choose the most fun percussion instrument to play... I would personally choose the tambourine. IDK it's just AMAZING and underrated!
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
Piano and kazoo for me!
Piano and kazoo for me!
9242fa66-b028-11ea-854c-b3686ccad672.gif My Brew Shop
Where's my broadcast from? win a prize if you pm me!
I play the guitar! I’m really into rock music and metal and I’ve always wanted to be a guitar player since I was 5. But I was too small to hold it properly so I didn’t get into it when I was a kid. But I’ve been playing electric for almost five months now and I’ve been progressing well. I’m not super good yet, but I can Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones and the majority of Iron Man by Black Sabbath. So not really technically hard stuff yet, but I’m happy with my progress.

The hardest for me right now is barre chords because you have to have the strength to hold down all six strings and have them ring properly. I got the chord shape down but I don’t have the finger strength yet.

I can play a bit of bass and I tried playing acoustic before getting my electric.
I play the guitar! I’m really into rock music and metal and I’ve always wanted to be a guitar player since I was 5. But I was too small to hold it properly so I didn’t get into it when I was a kid. But I’ve been playing electric for almost five months now and I’ve been progressing well. I’m not super good yet, but I can Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones and the majority of Iron Man by Black Sabbath. So not really technically hard stuff yet, but I’m happy with my progress.

The hardest for me right now is barre chords because you have to have the strength to hold down all six strings and have them ring properly. I got the chord shape down but I don’t have the finger strength yet.

I can play a bit of bass and I tried playing acoustic before getting my electric.
i've been playing violin for like 12 years now, and i really love it! i've played in an orchestra for most of my life, and i love it a lot. most difficult part is probably using my 4th finger (i have squishie joints) and shifting in really fast songs, and currently, out of all the songs my orchestra has played, my favourite is either vivaldi's spring or a song called pasacaglia, which goes SO HARD.

i'm currently trying to teach myself bass guitar with a guitar guitar that has the top 2 strings removed. its not going awfully, but its also not going well. can't afford a bass so this is what i'm making do with! it's fun, i like bass a lot, wayyy more than guitar!
i've been playing violin for like 12 years now, and i really love it! i've played in an orchestra for most of my life, and i love it a lot. most difficult part is probably using my 4th finger (i have squishie joints) and shifting in really fast songs, and currently, out of all the songs my orchestra has played, my favourite is either vivaldi's spring or a song called pasacaglia, which goes SO HARD.

i'm currently trying to teach myself bass guitar with a guitar guitar that has the top 2 strings removed. its not going awfully, but its also not going well. can't afford a bass so this is what i'm making do with! it's fun, i like bass a lot, wayyy more than guitar!
Waystone5.gif
29562082.png
-
-
-

WAWs3m5.png
9AXhFJA.png
hZipXGO.png
Been playing violin for 6 years! Still haven't got shifting down perfectly, but I'm not horrible at it. Honestly I really like fast songs, slow ones are very nice but I get twitchy and want to play it at top speed. My favorite songs to play are Disney or video game songs. One I'm really liking right now is the Mulduga Battle song from "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."

My sister plays piano and I got her to tell me the keys. I tried playing violin sheet music on it and wasn't too horrible at it, only a little slow. I might like playing piano too someday.
Been playing violin for 6 years! Still haven't got shifting down perfectly, but I'm not horrible at it. Honestly I really like fast songs, slow ones are very nice but I get twitchy and want to play it at top speed. My favorite songs to play are Disney or video game songs. One I'm really liking right now is the Mulduga Battle song from "The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild."

My sister plays piano and I got her to tell me the keys. I tried playing violin sheet music on it and wasn't too horrible at it, only a little slow. I might like playing piano too someday.
vista_coatl2.pngvista_pc2.pngz3ouQq5.gifceBwIw9.gif0AniMUO.gifi4qfGjh.gifvista_pc1.pngvista_coatl1.png
I play many instruments but my main one would be the oboe!I have been at it for almost 4 years.
I have a lot of difficulty with it at times, well of course I would, it's an oboe, one of the hardest instruments lmao. My problem would be staying in tune and higher notes. Moving quickly with staccato can be hard to due to the constant jumps and squeaking at times. But it is a lovely instrument that I enjoy more than anything!

I dont exactly have a favorite piece but I love to play etudes due to all the slurs that makes it sound pretty.
I play many instruments but my main one would be the oboe!I have been at it for almost 4 years.
I have a lot of difficulty with it at times, well of course I would, it's an oboe, one of the hardest instruments lmao. My problem would be staying in tune and higher notes. Moving quickly with staccato can be hard to due to the constant jumps and squeaking at times. But it is a lovely instrument that I enjoy more than anything!

I dont exactly have a favorite piece but I love to play etudes due to all the slurs that makes it sound pretty.
I play the electric guitar, been playing for 3-4 years now. My favorite song to play is probably Into The Void by Black Sabbath, it's really fun to just jam to it, especially during that one breakdown part(if you've heard the song you probably know what i'm talking about). It's almost like playing slap base.
I play the electric guitar, been playing for 3-4 years now. My favorite song to play is probably Into The Void by Black Sabbath, it's really fun to just jam to it, especially during that one breakdown part(if you've heard the song you probably know what i'm talking about). It's almost like playing slap base.
ElKYM7J.png 15pGtgT.png Ljw7JvQ.png bWeLCqf.png FAA7LEH.png mKP4GaJ.png
I really like the pino! I did know how to play it.. And then I forgot how
But my sisters play instruments, & my dad.. And maybe my mom, i don't know.. lol-
But I guess I thought I should share that! :)
I really like the pino! I did know how to play it.. And then I forgot how
But my sisters play instruments, & my dad.. And maybe my mom, i don't know.. lol-
But I guess I thought I should share that! :)
shh, the cows await us.
ezgif-7-5e62ce33b3fd.gif
1 2 3 4 5