Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | So Deviantart Eclipse
1 2 3 4
if nothing else i have to respect dA's commitment to listening to as little community feedback as possible. it's legendary at this point
if nothing else i have to respect dA's commitment to listening to as little community feedback as possible. it's legendary at this point
call me cactus.
fr +3
Personally, the customizability and general user page layout is....ok (I can get used to it), but my main issue with Eclipse is how they changed the notifications. Before, it was all in one place, but now it's cut up into three different sections (watch feed notifs, notes, and general notifications) with different access areas. Sure, they were technically already cut up into those three sections, but at least it was all in one place!

...I don't like the options that replaced the categories for uploading stuff, they feel irrelevant for the most part. Thankfully, they're optional, but I don't think I'll ever use them.

The only things that seem to be mostly intact from the old site are the user settings, the comments, and the badges. Everything else seems to be either overhauled, removed, or replaced by something else. They got one thing right, though, and it's the fact that Eclipse is eclipsing the old site. Only time will tell if it's for better or for worse in the long run.
Personally, the customizability and general user page layout is....ok (I can get used to it), but my main issue with Eclipse is how they changed the notifications. Before, it was all in one place, but now it's cut up into three different sections (watch feed notifs, notes, and general notifications) with different access areas. Sure, they were technically already cut up into those three sections, but at least it was all in one place!

...I don't like the options that replaced the categories for uploading stuff, they feel irrelevant for the most part. Thankfully, they're optional, but I don't think I'll ever use them.

The only things that seem to be mostly intact from the old site are the user settings, the comments, and the badges. Everything else seems to be either overhauled, removed, or replaced by something else. They got one thing right, though, and it's the fact that Eclipse is eclipsing the old site. Only time will tell if it's for better or for worse in the long run.
WCJCpSS.pngqXSwF3U.png
Stash Writer is gone, how am I to upload my RPs, Stories, and add art to them??
It's also theorized that Stash as a whole will also be removed, as the Writer portion is gone.
I don't know how to de-clutter/clean up my art- I have many gallery folders that I put them in but it looks like I can't do that in Eclipse/?? I would hit the Edit button but it would lead to me editing the folders as a whole and NOT moving art into the folders. I had to revert to the old site to move my art to folders.
I'm in a ARPG on dA and need the folders to point out what I've documented in my character apps and what I need to adjust on them. Someone else in the ARPG mentioned they couldn't tell when their posts went through and ended up posting a image heavy comment twice on the ARPG group page!

It's heavily frustrating as we, as a group, need a site that welcomes group set-ups so we can continue functioning and so far it's only dA.
I recently got a ToyHouse account to keep my characters and other art somewhere but don't know how to properly use it lol
Stash Writer is gone, how am I to upload my RPs, Stories, and add art to them??
It's also theorized that Stash as a whole will also be removed, as the Writer portion is gone.
I don't know how to de-clutter/clean up my art- I have many gallery folders that I put them in but it looks like I can't do that in Eclipse/?? I would hit the Edit button but it would lead to me editing the folders as a whole and NOT moving art into the folders. I had to revert to the old site to move my art to folders.
I'm in a ARPG on dA and need the folders to point out what I've documented in my character apps and what I need to adjust on them. Someone else in the ARPG mentioned they couldn't tell when their posts went through and ended up posting a image heavy comment twice on the ARPG group page!

It's heavily frustrating as we, as a group, need a site that welcomes group set-ups so we can continue functioning and so far it's only dA.
I recently got a ToyHouse account to keep my characters and other art somewhere but don't know how to properly use it lol
frsig_by_shadria_anarchy-dc719i3.png
I hate the messages on Eclipse. Why does everyone need to be split into different screens? Instead of loading one page for watches and comments, I have to load four. I do a lot of RPs on DA and don't have anywhere else to do them.
I hate the messages on Eclipse. Why does everyone need to be split into different screens? Instead of loading one page for watches and comments, I have to load four. I do a lot of RPs on DA and don't have anywhere else to do them.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
It looks okay.

But only on tablets.
It looks okay.

But only on tablets.
lJQFrFF.png ww7QpZEh_o.gif hey, i'm savato!
fgKwRJl7_o.gif he/him they/them ae/aer/aers
fgKwRJl7_o.gif FR time +0
fgKwRJl7_o.gif IKTR players: please click here!
[quote name="coyoterodeo" date="2020-04-24 11:18:12" ] if nothing else i have to respect dA's commitment to listening to as little community feedback as possible. it's legendary at this point [/quote] Haha, I love this. It's so true.
coyoterodeo wrote on 2020-04-24 11:18:12:
Haha, I love this. It's so true.
It baffles me how dA isn't listening to community feedback at all despite the huge outcry.
It baffles me how dA isn't listening to community feedback at all despite the huge outcry.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
At least there's a way to switch to the site's old colors on Eclipse. The format just seems so...basic? Like, it's totally joined the trend of websites changing their format to the way it looks on mobile even if it's terrible on a computer, since it's a much bigger screen.

Also, am I crazy? Because I cannot find a way to search by category on Eclipse anywhere.
At least there's a way to switch to the site's old colors on Eclipse. The format just seems so...basic? Like, it's totally joined the trend of websites changing their format to the way it looks on mobile even if it's terrible on a computer, since it's a much bigger screen.

Also, am I crazy? Because I cannot find a way to search by category on Eclipse anywhere.
23845.pngx..x28176.pngx.x23846.png
It really really sucks. Not only the interface but the fact that they want to force it upon the users, when most of us don't like it. I already signed the petition, I really hate when websites don't listen to their audience and just do whatever they want...
It really really sucks. Not only the interface but the fact that they want to force it upon the users, when most of us don't like it. I already signed the petition, I really hate when websites don't listen to their audience and just do whatever they want...
He/They 3W1nMYR.png tn0RSo5.pngpZJYyk4.png
Pgv53XB.png125nq1m.png
DeviantArt is unfair! Eclipse Mode is in there! Standing at the concession, PLOTTING ITS OPPRESSION! [img]https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/spongebob/images/1/18/Squid_on_Strike_105.png[/img]
DeviantArt is unfair!
Eclipse Mode is in there!
Standing at the concession,
PLOTTING ITS OPPRESSION!
Squid_on_Strike_105.png
VGxuHXT.png
1 2 3 4