Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Anybody play Myst?
I'm just curious if anyone else still plays those old games. They're amazing... Especially Exile and the original Myst.
I'd totally recommend the games to anyone that's a fan of puzzles and escape rooms.
If you play them already, however, I'd love to chat about them!
I'm just curious if anyone else still plays those old games. They're amazing... Especially Exile and the original Myst.
I'd totally recommend the games to anyone that's a fan of puzzles and escape rooms.
If you play them already, however, I'd love to chat about them!
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
I played Myst when it first came out. Twice. :)

Still never made it all the way through Riven, though. That was the sequel. It's even more beautiful than Myst and much more complicated.
I played Myst when it first came out. Twice. :)

Still never made it all the way through Riven, though. That was the sequel. It's even more beautiful than Myst and much more complicated.
37DVNcQ.pngmGeS6Yc.png6qRiT6A.png
I made it through Riven- It's one of my faves (though it took me weeks). My grandpa did the entire saga... In less than a month?!

(I don't think OK boomer can be applied to him)
I made it through Riven- It's one of my faves (though it took me weeks). My grandpa did the entire saga... In less than a month?!

(I don't think OK boomer can be applied to him)
Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
Yes! I love them. Well, I've only played the first 3.
I still listen to the soundtrack of Riven and Exile on a regular basis when I want a calming, familiar ambience. So atmospheric...I love the art direction, world design and attention to detail. The lore is fascinating. I haven't read the books though.

Funny that you should mention your grandpa, Riven and Exile were in fact a bonding experience between me and my dad, and also (separately) between me and an old school friend. There's something to be said about slowly working your way through a puzzle game together : )
I played the original Myst much later together with my boyfriend. Visually it doesn't quite compare of course but it was a fun experience and interesting as a piece of game history.
Yes! I love them. Well, I've only played the first 3.
I still listen to the soundtrack of Riven and Exile on a regular basis when I want a calming, familiar ambience. So atmospheric...I love the art direction, world design and attention to detail. The lore is fascinating. I haven't read the books though.

Funny that you should mention your grandpa, Riven and Exile were in fact a bonding experience between me and my dad, and also (separately) between me and an old school friend. There's something to be said about slowly working your way through a puzzle game together : )
I played the original Myst much later together with my boyfriend. Visually it doesn't quite compare of course but it was a fun experience and interesting as a piece of game history.
THE ILLNESS WILL BRING YOU PEACE.
SERENITY IS BORN FROM CERTAINTY AND YOUR SUFFERING IS CERTAIN.